Methamphetamine America

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: Methamphetamine America

Postby JO 753 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

The bad boy house burnt to the ground this morning.

Arson probably, sins there wuz no electric or gas on. Or they were back in there agen, trying to cook meth. The only other possibility iz oily ragz, wich woud be neglijent arson.

Lucky FREZ wuz here.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 am

Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Wen I saw THIS, and started thinking I must hav it, so need to do sum burgalaring to pay for it, I realized I am a meth addict.

Therez a certain weakness uv karacter that makes peopl prone to addiction. A powerful drug like meth can capture most peopl, but the weaker their will, the eazier they are to snare. Me? I must be particularly weak, kuz it got me with just it's fictional version!

Norma, expect to wake up wun morning to find your silverware missing along with anything else uv value that can be grabbed in less than 2 & 1/2 minits. Plus, I'll probably take your car kuz mine will break down on the way there.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

JO 753 wrote:Wen I saw THIS, and started thinking I must hav it, so need to do sum burgalaring to pay for it, I realized I am a meth addict.

Therez a certain weakness uv karacter that makes peopl prone to addiction. A powerful drug like meth can capture most peopl, but the weaker their will, the eazier they are to snare. Me? I must be particularly weak, kuz it got me with just it's fictional version!

Norma, expect to wake up wun morning to find your silverware missing along with anything else uv value that can be grabbed in less than 2 & 1/2 minits. Plus, I'll probably take your car kuz mine will break down on the way there.

By all means feel free to visit at any time, JO753.
In fact, you would be even more welcome during daylight hours.
However if you are looking for a big score, save your travel time and energy for somewhere, and someone else,
There is no silver, and there never was.
Of course , if you are in straits, don't hesitate to ask for help, because I still believe (outmoded and perhaps foolish as it is) "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need.":
Bear in mind, though, that while I try to live by the precept, I am not so far gone that I can't distinguish between a NEED and a WANT.
And wanting the definitive box set of a TV program, no matter how grand, doesn't seem to qualify as a need.
Is that TOO judgmental?
Hope not.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh… one more thing, JO753:
Don't count on my car for a getaway, any more than you do on your own.
In fact much less so, since MY car doesn't exist.
As in, I don't own one, and haven't for 25 years…
At this moment there is a sleek and very beautiful vintage Mercedes convertible (belonging to a friend) in the driveway.
It's vintage-ness includes being inoperable.
As in looking really sexy but actually inert.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:58 pm

I hav the entire seriez on DVD & BR, but the Black Barrel set iz just too kool so I gotstu hav it, bich!

Even if I coud afford it, it woudnt be rite. It must be stolen or purchased with stolen money.

Too bad we cant chooz fonts here. JRUG PUNK woud be perfect for this!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:42 am

A-number wrote:....have found out about the heavy involvement of CIA with bringing in illegal narcotics into this country.........
The drug I think is crack cocaine or something,

It was heroin in the Vietnam War and lots ended up in Australia. It was heroin again in the anti soviet insurgency in Afghanistan but this mostly went through Europe and Sth Russia.

(Then Australia, Europeans and Russians got a bit annoyed with USA's sponsored insurgents sending drugs to our territories....and it stopped)

:D

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: ViewClearerFromAbove

Postby HghrSymmetry » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 am

Illegal stimulants? Phitttt!!!

What need hath the Mighty Symmetry ® for such barbaric compounds?

That said, various pre-workout supplements are a part of my arsenal. They are strong enough for a good workout yet not strong enought to effect my congenitally erratic heart rhythm.
Yes, they do include some stimulants, but also unique compounds that increase ATP and oxygen uptake.

Aye, even the most potent of warriors contain cracks in their armor.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:23 am

Perhaps I coud interest you in sum slitely uzed BB?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster

Postby HghrSymmetry » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:11 am

I must graciously decline. No time to run a bed & breakfast.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 pm

A-number wrote:
HghrSymmetry wrote:Illegal stimulants? Phitttt!!!

What need hath the Mighty Symmetry ® for such barbaric compounds?

That said, various pre-workout supplements are a part of my arsenal. They are strong enough for a good workout yet not strong enought to effect my congenitally erratic heart rhythm.
Yes, they do include some stimulants, but also unique compounds that increase ATP and oxygen uptake.

Aye, even the most potent of warriors contain cracks in their armor.

can you snap out of your bubble and just talk normal..

Best post of the morning… so thank you, A-Number, for the humor.
And the same to High Symmetry, although he might want to consider that a eve, or especially, the most potent of warriors could find a better source of armor than "Sunny Surplus'" Left- Over- From- the -Third -Crusade bin.

But I do think that you would have to first define "normal" when making your request (the bubble of course, is on the nose)!
"Normal" depends on an agreed upon group standard for a norm in any an all manifestations of character and behavior: intelligence, sanity, talent, success, dress, health and of course even height, weight and er..ah..uh…
shoe size.
Thus "normal" has never really been a consideration here , where anything goes: this Forum has never even developed a standard for what constitutes a required (or normal) level of skepticism.

NMB
Skepticism:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:54 am

I recall mentioning that I named PaNDORUZ 4 kittenz after Breaking Bad karaktrz and thot you may like an update on them.

Skyler passed away after being sick for a few weeks befor she wuz 1 year old.

sRADR disappeared sumtime early this yir - cant remembr wen exactly but I think he wuz here on hiz birthday, March 30. I'v had cats reappear after more than a yir, so therez still hope.

HiZeNBRG gained reinstatement to unsupervized occupation in the house a few months ago. Apparently he wuz able to learn that territory marking inside iz a no-no after about 6 months uv exile. He iz the biggest cat in the nayborhood, wayz 21 poundz & gaining! He iz very affectionate.

MURE iz a little sweet hart. wayz only 7 poundz. Looks like a small version uv my momz cat aNJeLENU - a long hair main coon.

PaNDORU iz still a mean little spitfire. duznt like to be handled. Probably grew up with very little human contact. She damajd momz TV by peeing on it. The pee seeped into the screen ej in 2 spots on the bottom and grew into gray blobz. Not big enuf to completely ruin it, but definitely not the TV uv choice for watching your fave sifi spectacular.
But, she seemz to be behaving herself lately so haz also earned reinstatement. She never got any bigger, still only about 5 poundz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

4jeepers+
Poster

Postby 4jeepers+ » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:51 am

i do not think i could handle watching BB. lost my brother to suicide. funny thing is ,it was meth that dogged him through his middle years but religion that offered him the exit door. he died in the middle of bible belt Kansas,had turned to extreme born again fundamentalism in last few years. i found books full of circled passages and notes ,mostly referencing the book of revelations. it seemed to me he had to find a way, via scriptures, to give himself permission to off himself without condemning himself to hell. and he figured it out.the generation of 30-40 year old male cousins i have there are the most unseemly ,rudderless bunch of tweakers and racists i ever saw. they are all pretty poor, blame everyone else for their lack of work, have families they do not live with and swear they are the conservative christian backbone of america. my brother's second wife and her sisters are addicts with kids that were taken away from them and they work at nursing homes at minimum wage jobs which they lose all the time. another reason to never want to go to a nursing home.

i live in another state in a conservative christian area. here, the mormons are considered moderate compared to the fundamentalists. my neighbor was selling,using and probably cooking meth til the day he freaked, cut up his mother and dragged his 4 year old daughter across a flood swollen river. there are so many shipwrecked lives here. yet the young do not seem to leave, they stay and rot. at the same time there are some good families, salt of the earth who live an existence untouched by it. fortunately i am close enough to some variety so i do not go completely bonkers like i would i central Kansas. But there are huge costs associated with this problem.
you are correct, the two cultures live side by side, the fundamentalist christian and the strung out tweaker culture.Even though i see it i cannot quite get a handle on this weird coexistence. the churches are forever sending out literature decrying those who are going to hell. the list includes, artists, feminists, gays, and liberals, but there is silence on the meth culture under their noses and in their own communities. this is the same fundamentalism that shuns psychiatry ,public education funding and social services, science , and insists you pray it away. i cannot really speak to whether there is a lot of crossover between the tweaker camp and the fundies or whether they simply share the same space in depressed rural areas. many rely on social security,medicare ,disability and other social services. the extreme fundies are waiting for imminent armageddon, and my guess is a tweaker flirts with it on some level, so maybe what they share is a dark terrifying apocalyptic vision of existence. bunkers, guns, meth , delusion and god. the heartland. they are screwing up their kids and they do not treat dogs well either. it is bleak.
economically such places are dying, but they do offer low rents and a place to hide out with minimal law enforcement presence. they are also full of old folks who own property and are on disability, and are easy prey for opportunists.
so it is too real for me to ever want to watch it on screen

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Welcome to the Skeptic's forum, 4jeepers+. Excellent post. It finally ties this topic to the forum Norma put it in! Didnt make any sense befor.

I dont think BB woud be uv much help in understanding the envirment you are in, its just dam good entertainment. Soundz like your are in a place like the 2 moviez Norma mentionz in post #1. They mite give you sum useful insite.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 pm

JO 753 wrote:Welcome to the Skeptic's forum, 4jeepers+. Excellent post. It finally ties this topic to the forum Norma put it in! Didnt make any sense befor.

I dont think BB woud be uv much help in understanding the envirment you are in, its just dam good entertainment. Soundz like your are in a place like the 2 moviez Norma mentionz in post #1. They mite give you sum useful inside.

It didn't make sense to YOU, JO…
But it made sense to me,
Because from my point of view, my concept of how humans live int he world, is that one thing leads to another: we're the human mind to remained jammed up at the same roadblock, we wouldn't have the personal computer.
In fact we probably wouldn't even have the wheel.

One thought to another seemingly random, but really all triggered by the same terrors and pleasures that all humans suffer and all humans have the capacity to enjoy….

NMB
Skepticism:

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

A-number wrote:
JO 753 wrote:Welcome to the Skeptic's forum, 4jeepers+. Excellent post. It finally ties this topic to the forum Norma put it in! Didnt make any sense befor.

If you wanna go there, I'd answer neither does your spelling. How about that for a disconnect. What I brought up perfectly belongs on this thread.

A-number?
Are you a Norma too?
Were you named after a goddess?
Or a movie star?
Or both?

NMB
Skepticism:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Letting Go of God / Meth . Hmmm.

Sorry. Without 4jeepers+ post, I still dont get the connection.

A#, spelling in the Education topic duznt make sense to you?

Not that mismatched topics and forumz bug me at all. Topics usually digress to everything in the universe within 20 posts anyway! This topic haz actually stayed fairly well centered on drugz actually.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:33 pm

JO 753 wrote:Letting Go of God / Meth . Hmmm.

This made me wonder about something.

Jeeps said
4jeepers+ wrote:...the churches are forever sending out literature decrying those who are going to hell. the list includes, artists, feminists, gays, and liberals, but there is silence on the meth culture under their noses and in their own communities.

Is it possible because the meth crowd as their very neighbors shares their pews and delusions. Praying for and preying on the forgiveness of sins that some of the others listed above might not bother with? Or at least not under their noses?
Hi, Io the lurker.

4jeepers+
Poster

Postby 4jeepers+ » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am

maybe there is something about the prospect of total condemnation and the possibility of total redemption that fits. some of the churches are all about looking fine and upstanding, but others are pretty wild and welcoming of all, no matter how destroyed you and your life are. i get that. i also get how an addict is quite often very adept at conning people, so i sense there is both sincerity and hypocrisy mixing in a frothy brew there.
there are a lot of recovery groups in the next town over. some 12 step based, some fundy/ god based. i should say i do not look down on anyone trying to kick a drug or alcohol habit.if they need to reach out to a higher power to recover then OK for them, whatever it takes.
These churches usually have very strong paternalistic preacher, and they offer the person a haven, though of course the church gets a new convert:yummy, yummy, and they WILL ask for something in return. i remind myself that this is not a staid, buttoned down christianity anymore..it has taken on a real Hieronymous Bosch aspect.sometimes i go to the food bank and sometimes i volunteer there and the stuff i hear just boggles me.. but the truth is i try to limit my interaction with all of the above. i do not want to get inside their heads..i am not related to them by blood or by association here and try to keep it that way.i also realize they are not going to suddenly turn into rational secular humanists,LOL. i personally think it is part of a strain that has always run through the rural areas. i think it has been amped up 1. by decades of really fringe religious radio 2. extreme politics which incites fear of 'the other' and an apocalyptic outlook 3.other social and economic factors4. untreated mental illness and drug addiction.

i am just writing off the cuff here...not trying to sound like i have any sort of thesis.

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster

Postby HghrSymmetry » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 pm

nmblum wrote:And the same to High Symmetry, although he might want to consider that a eve, or especially, the most potent of warriors could find a better source of armor than "Sunny Surplus'" Left- Over- From- the -Third -Crusade bin.

Greetings madame Blum. How have you been?
I trust you'll forgive my lateness in responding to your post. A family medical situation has taken an inordinate amount of my time as of late. To paraphrase a line from the late great R.W. , it's been like a hemophiliac stuck in a razor blade factory , this past fortnight.

I appreciate the "Sunny Surplus" Left- Over- From- the -Third -Crusade line. Perhaps I do come off as the bum over in the corner drinking Thunderbird wine out of a paper sack, though I can assure you that's not the case.

But I do think that you would have to first define "normal" when making your request (the bubble of course, is on the nose)!
"Normal" depends on an agreed upon group standard for a norm in any an all manifestations of character and behavior: intelligence, sanity, talent, success, dress, health and of course even height, weight and er..ah..uh…
shoe size.

I was a bit disappointed that the content of my post was ignored and only the style in which it was written was addressed.
Ah, the fans can be fickle indeed.
Perhaps you may remember when they found my style entertaining and even a source for adulation;
BTW, I love that old english . Really cool.

and then later this;
That is so cool. It's beautiful. Welcome back buddy :mrgreen:

I'll admit I'm a bit naïve in thinking the old halcyon days of the warrior/Knight are still with us.
In this fast paced modern cut-throat lifestyle, the old virtues of honor, comradery,
and chivalry may be a thing of the past.

Thus "normal" has never really been a consideration here , where anything goes: this Forum has never even developed a standard for what constitutes a required (or normal) level of skepticism.

Agreed. Most know the Symmetry is not normal. If I was, I'd be like everyone else (and who would want that?).

Very well, I apologize if I once again careened off the track, but hopefully it wasn't that serious of a transgression.

On that note, have you noticed a bit of tension on the forums lately? Perhaps folks just need a little affection.

That being said, I'll offer a little huggie;
hug-emoticon.gif

-H "still after all this time, your favorite warrior" S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:30 pm

HghrSymmetry wrote:
nmblum wrote:And the same to High Symmetry, although he might want to consider that a eve, or especially, the most potent of warriors could find a better source of armor than "Sunny Surplus'" Left- Over- From- the -Third -Crusade bin.

Greetings madame Blum. How have you been?
I trust you'll forgive my lateness in responding to your post. A family medical situation has taken an inordinate amount of my time as of late. To paraphrase a line from the late great R.W. , it's been like a hemophiliac stuck in a razor blade factory , this past fortnight.

I appreciate the "Sunny Surplus" Left- Over- From- the -Third -Crusade line. Perhaps I do come off as the bum over in the corner drinking Thunderbird wine out of a paper sack, though I can assure you that's not the case.

shoe size.

I was a bit disappointed that the content of my post was ignored and only the style in which it was written was addressed.
Ah, the fans can be fickle indeed.
Perhaps you may remember when they found my style entertaining and even a source for adulation;
BTW, I love that old english . Really cool.

and then later this;
That is so cool. It's beautiful. Welcome back buddy :mrgreen:

I'll admit I'm a bit naïve in thinking the old halcyon days of the warrior/Knight are still with us.
In this fast paced modern cut-throat lifestyle, the old virtues of honor, comradery,
and chivalry may be a thing of the past.

Agreed. Most know the Symmetry is not normal. If I was, I'd be like everyone else (and who would want that?).

Very well, I apologize if I once again careened off the track, but hopefully it wasn't that serious of a transgression.

On that note, have you noticed a bit of tension on the forums lately? Perhaps folks just need a little affection.

That being said, I'll offer a little huggie;
hug-emoticon.gif

-H "still after all this time, your favorite warrior" S

High Symmetry:
I can't believe I was lucky enough to resign on to this Forum, now, expecting more of the same old, same old, and finding this wonderful (albeit a bit self-centered) posting.
I would not want you to think, HS., … even for a moment, that I would, or even could, ignore such a pleasantly worded and even uncharacteristically affectionate (I don't remember you as being quite so free with hugs) message.
But my therapy hours are up now and I have to leave for a while to walk, and to tend to some of the necessary clerical details of life that actually make existence possible.
So please!! I beg you!! Don't go away! Don't forget that you actually wrote the above, and wander off into the blue for yet another hiatus …even a few years…
I will return before the day is out… and I will respond to your every word.

Madame Blum

P.S. Only a capricious, frivolous, incapable of fidelity woman could ever forget a once favorite warrior…. even were such allegiances completely irrational, and an error in judgment of cosmic proportions… Medea and Jason come to mind.
And Desdemona wash''t too smart, either: she should have dumped Othello when she had the chance.

But for me?
Once a favorite warrior, always in memory at least a favorite warrior: breast plate and spear perhaps a bit tarnished.
But more? I am foolhardy, and a risk taker, and still can't help betting on the same horse no matter how disappointing its sheet.
NMB
Skepticism:

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster

Postby HghrSymmetry » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:22 am

nmblum wrote:High Symmetry:
I can't believe I was lucky enough to resign on to this Forum, now, expecting more of the same old, same old, and finding this wonderful (albeit a bit self-centered) posting.
I would not want you to think, HS., … even for a moment, that I would, or even could, ignore such a pleasantly worded and even uncharacteristically affectionate (I don't remember you as being quite so free with hugs) message.

Ah, perhaps you had missed my once liberal use of "smoochies" to lighten the mood and provide a bit of relief from the somewhat less than stellar exchanges that have occurred in various threads (though that was a couples years back).
But my therapy hours are up now and I have to leave for a while to walk, and to tend to some of the necessary clerical details of life that actually make existence possible.

I've been painfully aware of "clerical details" as well recently.

So please!! I beg you!! Don't go away! Don't forget that you actually wrote the above, and wander off into the blue for yet another hiatus …even a few years…
I will return before the day is out… and I will respond to your every word.

Madame Blum

If I were of the woo mindset, I'd say you have some psychic abilities for you seemed to have anticipated my current consideration to take yet another "hiatus." For now, I'll chalk it up to observational awareness and a keen eye of posting patterns.

These forums provide a certain entertainment, yet also can be somewhat draining. Especially when the nit picking and petty bickering flare up (which seems to be more often than not lately).

P.S. Only a capricious, frivolous, incapable of fidelity woman could ever forget a once favorite warrior…. even were such allegiances completely irrational, and an error in judgment of cosmic proportions… Medea and Jason come to mind.
And Desdemona wash''t too smart, either: she should have dumped Othello when she had the chance.

Well let's hope your judgment doesn't have such dire consequences as had the Greek and Shakespearean works you referenced.

But for me?
Once a favorite warrior, always in memory at least a favorite warrior: breast plate and spear perhaps a bit tarnished.

Aye, there be some tarnish. I haven't yet discovered The Golden Apples of Idunn, which make
me all the more pathological about my training and quest to remain fit.

But more? I am foolhardy, and a risk taker, and still can't help betting on the same horse no matter how disappointing its sheet.
NMB

Ah, but would we be truly human if not for the occasional risk taking? Do we want to go through life in our safe, mundane, Fields of Asphodel?

Sincerely,

-HS

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:02 am

JO 753 wrote:Perhaps I coud interest you in sum slitely uzed BB?

It's better fresh. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:03 am

Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 pm

So... you grow teeth & more hair?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 am

Dean Norris haz a bit part in The Councellor az a drug merchant.

I watched it a few dayz ago and its wun uv thoze moviez that leavez a bad taste in your brain, even tho its not bad. 'Disturbing' iz the word for it.

Spoilerz:
Spoiler:
There are no good guyz in this movie exept the main karacterz girl frend. Everybody else, including the protagonist, iz at least involved in the drug trade, if not an evil bastard. Like Walter Wite, our guy iz only trying to make money, but thingz dont work out to well.

Maybe Ridley Scott iz trying to dispell any hint uv romance that may hav grown in the mindz uv the viewing public frum Breaking Bad, Scarface, etc., and put the horror uv the drug bizness in its proper lite. If so, he succeeded.

There are alot uv good senez and dialog and even sum humor, but I don't recommend this movie to anybody who haz a low tolerance for gore. But, if you had notionz uv setting up a corner addict supply stand insted uv lemonade during the summer, watch this first.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster

Postby HghrSymmetry » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 am

nmblum wrote: I will return before the day is out… and I will respond to your every word.

Venus has the longest day of any planet in our solar system. It completes one rotation every 243 Earth days.

Excellent! It's less than 200 Earth days to go.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm

HghrSymmetry wrote:
nmblum wrote: I will return before the day is out… and I will respond to your every word.

Venus has the longest day of any planet in our solar system. It completes one rotation every 243 Earth days.

Excellent! It's less than 200 Earth days to go.

I won't lie: I am moved to tears by the constancy, the long memory, the patience, the astronomical knowledge of astronomy.
And the arithmetic!! Damn… in this age of short change? The arithmetic is impressive.

But we Venutians are a sluggardly lot, given to procrastination (and not above the occasional exaggeration that you Earthlings refer to, quaintly, and engage in often, as BS).
So stay tuned, check in often to seek that which you do seek.
There are still 199 days to go.
And as is your own Earthling way, I intend to take every advantage of every loophole.

Sooooo… later.

NMB

HghrSymmetry
Veteran Poster

Postby HghrSymmetry » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Do not rush dear Venutian!

For as a wise Earth sage once said...
The pleasure lieth with the anticipation and not with the final destination.

Oh happy day(s)!

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:32 am

Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 am

Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Better Call Saul

Watched seazon 1. Its pretty good. Maybe not az great az Breaking Bad, but well worth owning and sertainly a must see if you are a BB fan.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

KevinLevites
Poster

Postby KevinLevites » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:17 am

As an ex medic, I have certain ideas about meth and other drugs.

First, meth is horribly nasty. As far as I can tell, it has no redeeming qualities at all. It seems (and I'm only going by an impression that I get from treating addicts, and a doctor or other expert would describe it differently) like this drug eats away at the blood vessels when addicts inject it, and the body becomes covered with sores when they incessantly pick at themselves because of the tactile hallucinations that make one think that bugs are crawling all over their skin.

It's worse when they shoot up with crank and angel dust (PCP) in combination.

I don't usually buy into socialized medicine, but perhaps drug rehab could be socialized, and free rehab extended to anyone who wishes it.

A country as wealthy as ours could certainly do a lot better in terms of taking care of it's "disposable" people.

Best,
---Kevin

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”