Methamphetamine America

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: Methamphetamine America

Postby JO 753 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 pm

wrgitnxor!

Got a letter frum a Natalie Perkins. LOxoR iz ded.

Dear Mr. 753,

I am sorry to inform you that our mutual friend Lothar Damitrious Oreo Perkins (he assumed my family name soon after moving in) has passed away. He was working out on his new AB MANGLERTM when the rubber bands snapped and disembowelled him.

I was out 'shopping' when it happened and found him all tangled up in it when I got back, blood splattered all over the gym. Naturally, I thought it was foul play at first, but then watched the survailence video. No intruders. No alarm. Not even any vehicles on our fairly remote road. And as can be barely seen on the hallway cam, his hand breifly flashing out the door during the awful event, leaving a splash of blood on the floor. And as muted as it is (fortunately), his growls and screams were the only sounds to be heard.

He was a good man, in spite of being a meth kingpin and a mutated racoon. Nobody should have to go that way.

I know you cared for him and possibly had something to do with his transformation, so I feel obligated to tell you what I know of his recent activities.

He spoke of you often. He had a sort of reverence, love, fear and sometimes hate for you. "That cooky hording monster" as he would say. He told how he and his siblings started taking cookies right from your hand when they were pups and you kept passing out only 1 each even when they were full grown, so they survived mainly on the horrible dog food you put out and the occasional table scraps. as near as he coud calculate from the dim days befor his transformation, he was 6 years old. In all that time you never cooked them a proper meal or gave them full bowls of ice cream. Everything was already at least half eaten and not enough for him and his family and freinds. The occasional Halloween leftover chocolate was great, but then when it ran out, the precious cookies seemed bland in comparison for a while.

1 particular incident stood out in his memory. He vividly remebered your laughing face in the door window as he, his mom and his sisters and brothers fought over a grilled chicken and a nearly empty jar of peanut butter. This was when he was very young, so I imagine it was the early impression that set the tone as he matured.

After his transformation, on his way across the country, he had time to reflect and realized his perceptions as a normal racoon were limited and he began to realize that you were really his most benevolent benefactor.

Thats the 1st page. I'm a slow typer and gotta do stuff now so I'l continue later. All the spelling mistakes are mine. The postmark is in Oregon.

angawawa
Regular Poster
Custom Title: A little strange

Postby angawawa » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 pm

If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw all manner of garbage into it.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Wuts with Walts left shoulder? Looks like its popped clean outa the socket.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:36 pm

10!

Ms. Perkinz letter continyooz:
We looked you up on the web and found your account of the night he found the supermeth. It helped to piece together the sequence of events. I will of course continue to look in to stay up to date on the story. You must have a good idea how weird it feels to be in a science fiction story!

"Imagine going from the state of mind of a toddler to full adulthood, the transition from limited awareness of the world to actual comprehension, in a matter of minutes." Thats as best as Lothar could describe it for me only a few weeks ago.

That Sunday night, last November 4th, he noticed something that 'glowed' up in the tree that overhangs your house. It wasn't a visible light, but a kind of multisensory awareness with a specificly located source. More of a smell that radiated from a point rather than wafting and disappaiting with distance. There was no consideration, he just started climbing.

Az he got closer, his mind started unpacking, unravelling, assembling every little tidbit of information that ever reached his eyes, ears, nose, touch. 10 feet away, he knew you called him Lothar. 9 feet, he knew that cars are not big animals, but machines that he could get into and drive! Closer and closer. As he sniffed the jar he knew the world was a round ball of dirt and iron floating thru nothingness around the Sun. The hours he had spent on your roof, overhearing the TV, the lair near the estate with their big screen TV visible thru the window, people talking on the street - it all paid off.

Then total awareness in a bright, terrible, wonderful total impact. That wuz that screech you heard as he grabbed the jar in his mouth. As you came running out into the yard, his first thought was that he would be able to kill you and take your house! "I'm glad those guys showed up!" he said.

Skipping over the next 10 minutes, which you described in the forum so well, he arrived on the opposite shore of the lake as more human mentally than racoon, yet still not nearly completely transformed. What makes us what we are, after all?

If a person had a genetic quirk that made her grow hair all over as thickly as on her head, would she not still be human? Is a man only a worm after loosing all his limbs to a bomb in afgahnistan? How much can one loose? Some day, we will be able to keep brains alive in jars, supplied with all the sensory input, no, more than the normal sensory input of a normal body!

Lothar was as human as anybody I know.

I hate transcribing. 2 more pajiz left.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:57 pm

1 week! 7 daze! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a bad thot. Wut if it suks? Like the gorram studio exeks figured they hav a garranteed audience so didnt need to spend the money. Fired everybody and hired hack riterz frum Bones and Home Improvements.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

More frum MS. Perkins:

Lothar discovered that he was never an ordinary racoon during his journey.

Somewhere in Missouri, Kansas, or Nebraska, he had the idea to create a racoon army. He went into the forest and opened the supermeth container in an area that had several dens. He was expecting it to attract all sorts of creatures and racoons in particular.

Nobody! Some racoons showed up, but they were only investigating him. The males ran off, intimidated by his size, and the females wanted sex, so he obliged. None of them had the slightest interest in the meth, even when he waved it under their noses.

Going by the logic of the X-men movies, he must have been an x-racoon all along and the supermeth radiation triggered his xness.

He had developed passable English by May and was selling treated sugar to druggies. He simply left the supermeth in a 5 pound bag of sugar for a day or 2 and it would catalytically embue it with the physiological effects of meth. He told his customers that he was in a costume to protect his identity. He didnt have to raid people's kitchens anymore or steal gas. He would hang out near a small town for a few days, maybe a week, moving on when the cops started to get too close. Pretty soon the trunk of his Challenger was stuffed full of money.

It was about the last week of May when I first noticed him in my area.

There was a small RV in the Albertson's parking lot. There were an unusual number of youngsters around, most of them of the less-than-fine-upstanding-citizen variety. I sereptitously watched as I loaded the groceries in my car. They walked past the little open side window of the RV, quickly passing in a wad of bills, their tightly closed fist going straight to their pockets.

Time for lunch.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Even tho I was tight on money, I had to get a taste. "How much?' I asked a passing punk. "100."

Considering the traffic, it sounded like a good deal. A teenth usually goes for 100 around here but its always junk. I don't partake much, but I always got a hankering for some primo skontay.

I had the impression Natalie Perkins wuz an older woman till I red that!

The stuff smelled like sugar and it hit me like a ton of twinkies! I smoke from a pipe and it was like weaponized honey in vapor form! I was half way to my bank to empty my savings acount when my head cleared enuff to bring me to my senses.

Instead, I went back to the RV to talk with the vendor.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 am

Less than 2 dayz left.

Much uv the next pajez contain info too spesific to post here. So I'll just sumerize without the quotes.

She had a meeting with LOxoR, convinsing him to move in to her hows. Being a Breaking Bad fan and a long time casual drug uzer, she had the know how to set up a salez organization and they were 'macking it hard' with very little risk. Her money troublez are over, even if she never makes another dime. (but she will continue to make more dimez)

LOxoR had an insatiable appitite for Oreo cookiez, so, being a racoon at hart, he purchased a warehouse and stocked it with Oreoz. Now that hez gon,she iz going to give haf the stockpile to homeless shelterz and the rest to the local omnivorz at a rate uv 5 packs a day till they are all gon in about 20 yirz.

She wuz teaching him like a kid in grammar skool. He made a painting during art class about hiz transformation. It showz a sort uv gost figure reaching out, trying to stop him. But its behind him, so he duznt notice. He explained to her that the gost iz himself, desperate to remain a racoon.

The rest iz just detailz about the operation, a few notable events and a little about her own ragz to richiz to ragz story. Fasinating, but I dont want the fuzz nokking on her door.

i usqm yr reding xis, natule, so gud luk wix xu biz, & I wont 10%! i mad xu dam stuf, aftr ol, damit!
on u kler da

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm

We're here. Finally.

Hank will finally get off the can after 1 yir & 9 dayz.

You redy, Norma? Got your FunYunz & assorted snacks & drinks redy?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:15 am

Good show. Watched it twice alredy plus Talking Bad.

Low Winter Sun wuz pretty good also.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:28 am

Mythbusterz haz a Breaking Bad theme tonite.

That confruntation last nite iz still rumbling in my hed.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 am

JO 753 wrote:We're here. Finally.

Hank will finally get off the can after 1 yir & 9 dayz.

You redy, Norma? Got your FunYunz & assorted snacks & drinks redy?

What? Where?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:23 am

Breaking Bad. Now.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:45 am

I found it.

Yup. Wow. Still good.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 am

Weird thing happened last monday. Dont look unless youv seen last sundayz BB.

Spoiler:
Therez a woman named Carol a few housez up the street frum me. I happen to see her maybe wuns or twise a yir usually. Az you may recall, at the beginning sene and a sene soon after the opening credits, Walt sez 'hi' to hiz naybor Carol. Both Carolz are 60ish trim blond wimin, close enuf in appearens to stand in a line up together.

I saw her going to her garaj on monday. I realized the coinsidens rite away, and sed 'hi Carol'. I dont know if shez a BB fan, but I dont think she knew why I wuz smiling. I continued on my way, rolling a weelbarrow full uv weedz to my trimming pile, chuckling about the litl event.

But sins then, its kinda bugging me. Like maybe its an omen. That thingz are going to cach up with me just like they are for Walt.

Will I be bak here in 6 months, a yir or wutevr, see Carol, say hi agen az shez petrified to see the monster return?

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:42 pm

I prefer the dextro isomer, only ever tried it once though and will never again for very obvious reasons. Most meth will be a racemic combination. The main reaction for meth is either stereospecific or completely non-stereoselective. That is, if you start with a stereoisomer precursor, you either get a conservation of stereochemistry, or a complete loss of stereochemical imprinting that results in a racemic mixture. If you start with a racemic precursor then you get the racemic product unless you take additional steps to resolve the mixture of stereoisomers.

But don't try this at home, kids ;) My friend whos in his 80s was prescribed deprenyl of which levo-methamphetamine is the primary metabolite. He certainly seems to love taking his meds :)
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Postby Daedalus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 pm

zeuzzz wrote:I prefer the dextro isomer, only ever tried it once though and will never again for very obvious reasons. Most meth will be a racemic combination. The main reaction for meth is either stereospecific or completely non-stereoselective. That is, if you start with a stereoisomer precursor, you either get a conservation of stereochemistry, or a complete loss of stereochemical imprinting that results in a racemic mixture. If you start with a racemic precursor then you get the racemic product unless you take additional steps to resolve the mixture of stereoisomers.

But don't try this at home, kids ;) My friend whos in his 80s was prescribed deprenyl of which levo-methamphetamine is the primary metabolite. He certainly seems to love taking his meds :)

Are you nuts?! This is a thread about 'Breaking Bad'.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Guilty. My bad I just read the title and got all excited.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Oooo s05s10 breaking bad out now

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Actually, its about meth in general, so no problem. Kool to hav sumwun who really knowz kemistry here. Iz that your job?

So they still prescribe meth?! I thot that being on the DEAz skejyool 1 list ment a substans wuz totally verboten.

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Daedalus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

JO 753 wrote:Actually, its about meth in general, so no problem. Kool to hav sumwun who really knowz kemistry here. Iz that your job?

So they still prescribe meth?! I thot that being on the DEAz skejyool 1 list ment a substans wuz totally verboten.

They do NOT prescribe meth, nor is Selegiline meth. Selegiline has two major metabolites, one of which is L-Methamphetamine, and the other is L-Amphetamine. It is incredibly powerful stuff since it yields a pure Lev form of both molecules in vivo.

Now you should ask what on earth such a powerful psychostimulant is prescribed for, and how absolutely insane it is to take it recreationally.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 pm

JO 753 wrote:So they still prescribe meth?! I thot that being on the DEAz skejyool 1 list ment a substans wuz totally verboten.

It's called desoxyn. Of course the dosages we are talking here are not in the highly neurotoxic rcereational doses but clinically proven ones.

Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphet ... edical_use

Medical use

Desoxyn (methamphetamine) 5 mg tablets

In United States, Methamphetamine has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in treating ADHD and exogenous obesity (obesity originating from factors outside of the patient's control) in both adults and children.[16]

Methamphetamine is a drug that is under the Controlled Substances Act which is listed under Schedule II in the United States and is sold under the name Desoxyn trademarked by the Danish pharmaceutical company Lundbeck.[17][18] As of January 2013, the Desoxyn trademark had been sold to French pharmaceutical company Recordati. [19][20]

Because methamphetamine is highly abused for negative purposes such as selling the prescription to others, or overdosing (which contributes to very dangerous side effects) than using the medication medically, it is a tightly controlled substance under federal law. The minimum dosage prescribed is 5 milligrams. Methamphetamine hydrochloride dispensed in the United States is required to include the following black box warning:

“Methamphetamine has a high potential for abuse and should be tried only in weight reduction programs where alternative therapy has been ineffective. Administration of Methamphetamine for prolonged periods may lead to drug dependence. The drug should be prescribed or dispensed sparingly. Misuse may cause sudden death and serious cardiovascular adverse events.[16] ”

Desoxyn may be prescribed off-label for the treatment of narcolepsy and treatment-resistant depression.[21]

Methamphetamine's levorotary form is available in many over-the-counter nasal decongestant products.

Levorotary form is barely active post metabolization, something to do with low blood plasma half life or somehting.

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Daedalus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

You should mention that the combination is a VERY powerful MAOI/B inhibitor.

More, L-Meth is less dopaminergic, so yeah it makes you only a fraction as "high". In terms of cardiovascular impact however, it's the same, as in high doses without making you high it can still make you crazy.

I would add, as with so many things administration route matters.. inhaled l-meth vs. orally or parenterally administered makes a difference.

Even nasally however, it's still a cardio-depressant... something to think about.

In short, just because it won't make you high doesn't mean that it won't do you harm. More, Selegiline (of which Desoxyn is one brand) is metabolized to l-meth AND l-amp... the latter of which WILL give you quite a lift.

DON'T TAKE IT YOU CRAZY {!#%@}.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:30 am

I don't take it, I just tried both isomers once to see what all the fuss is about. Your health warning are generally correct.

Have you thought about sending me to to.... Belize..?

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Daedalus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 am

zeuzzz wrote:I don't take it, I just tried both isomers once to see what all the fuss is about. Your health warning are generally correct.

Have you thought about sending me to to.... Belize..?

Taking things like that once is like playing Russian roulette once. You'll probably be fine, unless you're not. It's a terrible idea.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Walt is going to kill hank in the end.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 am

JO 753 wrote:Actually, its about meth in general, so no problem. Kool to hav sumwun who really knowz kemistry here. Iz that your job?

Taking meth is a side effect of my job, it's not actually in the job description though. This is what happened last time.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 am

:lol: I hate it wen that happenz.

Side effect? So your job must be despensor chute cleaner at a 'baby powder' factory.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 pm

JO 753 wrote::lol: I hate it wen that happenz.

Side effect? So your job must be despensor chute cleaner at a 'baby powder' factory.

Side effect of being a student, it's almost inevitable that such things happen.

All meth is to me now is an extremely fond memory, cancelled out by a hellish comedown. It's a zero sum game, like with most addictive substances.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 am

Thats the great thing about addiction to TV showz; no direct harmful side effects besidez the time uzed.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:01 am

Got any spare z's?

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 pm

A jigantic warehouse ful uv them!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Actually I've already nearly overdosed on them in my username, stupid really, any more than 5x z's is a potentially fatal overdose.

If I ever get banned from here I'll buy the four I'll loose from here off you though, don't put them on hold though I don't intend to :)

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:03 am

I'v been trying to get banned for 8 yirz! I'm just not very good at it. Tell us about your name and avatar.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 pm

JO 753 wrote:I'v been trying to get banned for 8 yirz! I'm just not very good at it. Tell us about your name and avatar.

Both real, picture was taken with my webcam and my mum was high as a kite when she named me.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Newest episode is EPIC: http://www.novamov.com/video/9790726638832

Jesse has lost it. He will make this all fall apart.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 am

You hav a webcam that seez in infrared and displayz enhansed false color? And a mom on meth?

Kooool! Nice quote too. Remindz me uv wun frum the most interesting man in the world: "Find out wut it iz you dont do well in life...and dont do that thing"

Walts video wuz perfect! A masterpiece!

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:58 am

The perseevd rate uv time haz slowed down for me ever since the show started up agen. A week lasts about a week insted uv seeming like a few dayz blending together. This iz a good thing eksept that its a long wate between episodez.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm alredy feeling withdrawl symtomz. Only 3 sodez left. But at the same time, I'm feeling a sort uv releif. Like seeing a lite at the end uv a tunnel.

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:36 am

That was just {!#%@} uncalled for!

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”