Mobile updates...

Have you got a helpful suggestion for our show or for these forums?
finallyskeptic
Regular Poster
Custom Title: ----Blank----

Mobile updates...

Postby finallyskeptic » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Whenever some one posts at a thread you are active in you get an sms update.How's the idea?
If you like anything please thank the poster.

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Re: Mobile updates...

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 pm

That would be more a suggestion for the board admin rather than this little section - but it might be more than he could do.

That being said, some boards let you be notified when a thread is updated, not sure if this one does. If you change your default e-mail address for the forum to the SMS mail address of your phone provider you could probably get that kind of result - assuming the board supports that option.

Which I don't know if it does.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:46 am

The forum does have a topic notification option which sends an e-mail when someone posts in a topic you have "subscribed" to using the "Notify me when topic is replied to" option. Nothing that specifically sends SMS messages, though. There may be add-ons that update Twitter feeds--haven't looked into it.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:12 pm

If I had e-mail updates for forum postings configured, my phone would be ringing all day.

I've tried to access this forum on a mobile, but there isn't a mobile version of the website, so it's basically unreadable.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Unfortunately, a mobile template has not yet been developed. When one has been developed, I'll install it. The only other option--for reading posts via mobile--is the RSS feed. I've no information on how well that works.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Return to “MonsterTalk Suggestions”