Biologist on panel?

Have you got a helpful suggestion for our show or for these forums?
the rugbyologist

Biologist on panel?

Postby the rugbyologist » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 am

I greatly enjoyed the first show, but it seems like it might be helpful for a podcast about cryptozoology to have a biologist of some kind on the panel.

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Re: Biologist on panel?

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 am

the rugbyologist wrote:I greatly enjoyed the first show, but it seems like it might be helpful for a podcast about cryptozoology to have a biologist of some kind on the panel.

We did didn't we?

We will probably have a lot of biologists on the show as guests. I think we'll do okay with that model.

It's a pain in the arse to coordinate three regular panelists + a guest as it is. (Unlike shows like The Skeptics Guide to the Universe - which I highly recommend - our regular panel is in three time zones.) And while there are times when monsters are biological in nature we'll also deal with monsters that fall well outside the biology textbooks: Ghosts, Goblins, Gray Aliens, etc... So hopefully we'll bring in the experts as required.

the rugbyologist

Re: Biologist on panel?

Postby the rugbyologist » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 am

I was distinguishing between a guest and a member of the panel. On the one hand, I could see someone with a more general biology background being able to ask well directed questions of the expert guests. On the the other hand, having non-biologists ask the questions does keep the questions coming from areas of interest to the general public. I can see it from both sides, but that it was a definite point of discussion.

Return to “MonsterTalk Suggestions”