The Beast of Bottomless Lake

Have you got a helpful suggestion for our show or for these forums?
Jedischooldropout

The Beast of Bottomless Lake

Postby Jedischooldropout » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 am

Hi Folks,

Pardon my shameless shilling...
You may already know about this - I was pleasantly surprised when Joe Nickell demonstrated knowledge of it at TAM this past week - I am in the last stages of post-production on a feature film about the Ogopogo. (People assume it's a documentary - it is not. It is a fictional narrative - a comedic modern update of Moby dick.)
We are actually sitting on tenter-pegs at the moment awaiting news as to whether we've been selected for inclusion in the Toronto Film Festival (They did their first announcements yesterday - July 15th, and Canadian Films are announced on August 4th.)
I did an impromptu sneak preview at TAM that in my mind was a big success.
I was also the featured guest on Radio Freethinkers this past week on their cryptozoology special.
My knowledge of the Ogopogo phenom is more sociological - navigating the politcal minefield of making a movie with a skeptical view point about a lake monster that is a cornerstone of the tourism industry in the region you are making the film in is an interesting experience.

If you are interested in checking it out further, our company website is www.provostpictures.com or you can contact me through the forum.

Regardless, I look forward to new episodes.

- Kennedy

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Re: The Beast of Bottomless Lake

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 am

Cool - I look forward to checking it out. I like your website art.
(Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than "Incident at Loch Ness.")

idoubtit
Poster
Custom Title: Overwhelmed

Postby idoubtit » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:01 am

WHAT? Incident at Loch Ness was a hoot. I can't hear about Werner Herzog without chuckling to myself.

Jedischooldropout

Postby Jedischooldropout » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:01 am

I actually avoided "Incident..." while in pre-production and during the shoot so as to avoid any kind of uh.... "creative bleed-through". Not for legal reasons, strictly to keep my own process 'clean.'
The director, Craig, did watch it though.
I suppose now that it can't effectively influence me, I should get around to seeing it.

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:01 am

I watched it as part of a movie-night with some friends. It would have helped if I'd known it was a subtle comedy rather than an overt one (for the most part). It probably deserves a re-watch.

Hotair101
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Newton got it wrong.

Postby Hotair101 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Jedischooldropout wrote:Hi Folks,

Pardon my shameless shilling...
You may already know about this - I was pleasantly surprised when Joe Nickell demonstrated knowledge of it at TAM this past week - I am in the last stages of post-production on a feature film about the Ogopogo. (People assume it's a documentary - it is not. It is a fictional narrative - a comedic modern update of Moby dick.)
We are actually sitting on tenter-pegs at the moment awaiting news as to whether we've been selected for inclusion in the Toronto Film Festival (They did their first announcements yesterday - July 15th, and Canadian Films are announced on August 4th.)
I did an impromptu sneak preview at TAM that in my mind was a big success.
I was also the featured guest on Radio Freethinkers this past week on their cryptozoology special.
My knowledge of the Ogopogo phenom is more sociological - navigating the politcal minefield of making a movie with a skeptical view point about a lake monster that is a cornerstone of the tourism industry in the region you are making the film in is an interesting experience.

If you are interested in checking it out further, our company website is http://www.provostpictures.com or you can contact me through the forum.

Regardless, I look forward to new episodes.

- Kennedy

Good luck with your movie. That's excellent.
Be an Independent Thinker, not a Critical Stinker
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."........Aristotle.

Return to “MonsterTalk Suggestions”