My composing dream

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:28 pm

My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized


Note to Reader: This post has much more insight into my composing dream and even includes a Q&A Section. It gives full insight for the reader and is a much more coherent presentation/explanation of my composing dream.

Even though I don't know anything about composing, I have created really good tunes in my head for now. I have created a melody that, to me, conveys something awesome. It was a melody created through channeling inspiration. I've got down the right notes and rests to this melody I hear in my mind and I got the right tempo.

The scene I envision this melody conveying would be a dark character such as Shadow the Hedgehog unleashing a magnitude of energy. What you hear playing at the higher octave is to prepare the listener for what's about to happen next. It would be a leading tune that I think people call the "bridge" in music. Therefore, this part of the melody would convey Shadow preparing to unleash.

Then you hear things playing at the lower octave and this is where Shadow unleashes his power. This part is supposed to be the chorus which conveys awesome, dark, heavy, powerful emotion. Now, this melody is supposed to be awesome, catchy, and dark. It's not just the instruments I've chosen for this melody that convey a dark, awesome mood.

It's the actual melody itself that conveys this to me. If anyone tells me that this melody conveys nothing of the sort, that it's nothing catchy, that it's "ok," or that it's all musical gibberish or something lame/awful, then perhaps it's because more things are needed to make this melody coherent for the listener and to fully bring out its intended power.

You see, there's more to making music than just having the melody down and a beat. There are so many other factors and, as long as those factors aren't met, then music might appear like gibberish or something unpleasant for the listener. Only I know what this melody is supposed to be and only I know the awesome power it has since I'm the one who created it. Other people might not know because I have yet to find a way to fully convey the melody for other listeners.

Me knowing what this melody is supposed to be is a memory. In other words, if I were to lose that memory somehow, I would perhaps see my melody as gibberish because I would no longer know what it's supposed to be. This has, in fact, happened to me with other tunes I've made. The memory just didn't stick there and, as a result, I lost the memory and perceived my created tunes as gibberish. Fortunately, with this tune I've made, the memory is permanent.

I have also managed to bring back some of the memories of my previous tunes which means I'm back to perceiving them as amazing, catchy tunes since I now know what they're supposed to be. Anyway, I have this dark melody on a cd. But here is the youtube link to this dark melody. In addition, I will also give a link to the music sheet of this melody. One last thing here. I play the melody backwards because I also love the reversed melody.

With all of that being said, I am now going to share the links to my tunes. These are simple, catchy, memorable tunes that are great and they all convey different scenes and atmospheres. Some of these tunes convey powerful and profound emotion. But said emotion might not be conveyed because these melodies might not be successfully conveyed in their current stage.

Nonetheless, I am going to share them anyway. I do have a beat to go along with these tunes which is a beat based off of the melody itself. This beat consists of 8th notes and, hopefully, having this beat conveys my melodies. If not, then I would have to learn more so that I can successfully convey them later on down the road. So, here is the youtube link to my 1st melody which is that dark tune I was talking about:

https://youtu.be/TObyPOj3oBk

Here is a youtube link to the same tune. But the tune is slowed down because I also like the slow version:

https://youtu.be/yj_jbGcuH0w

Here is a link to a new tune I recently made. I think it could very well be my best one. It conveys a strong, dramatic emotion and is catchy. When the tune is played the 1st time, you just hear a choir instrument along with some other instrument for the beat. I don't think these are the proper instruments. Although, I just put this one up there anyway because it's what I created on the music notation software.

The 2nd time you hear the tune play is where you hear suitable instruments that I think bring out the dramatic power of the tune. There is also a pattern to this tune because it alternates between something playing in the treble clef and then something playing in the bass clef. Here is the youtube link to this tune:

https://youtu.be/NLBh4TeVzCo

Here is the youtube link to this tune slowed down. I think it conveys something very cool slowed down. Again, just listen through when the tune plays the 1st time and then listen to it the 2nd time because it's awesome when played the 2nd time:

https://youtu.be/7YawbSwwtbs

Here is that tune sped up:

https://youtu.be/OtU-1YEZXas

Now, here is a link to a different tune. This tune is supposed to convey something bizarre and mysterious such as being all alone in a far away distant time period or galaxy:

https://youtu.be/JgRDtow1dkw

Here is a link to that same tune, but with a different choice of instruments that I like:

https://youtu.be/LYr5bb7ad7w

Here is that same tune. But slowed down and added to a scene in Sonic the Hedgehog. The slow version sounds sort of creepy/ominous which is the reason why I have added it to this scene:

https://youtu.be/r9bVXngzM3A

Here is a link to a short, simple, catchy melody:

https://youtu.be/kbAm07PE9OQ

Here is a link to a bit of a weird tune I made:

https://youtu.be/QYp5Rbj8Ogg

Here is a Super Mario Galaxy 2 tune I made which would convey the scene of Mario obtaining the Grand Green Star. In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario collects yellow stars and then he collects the big yellow stars known as the Grand Stars. Later on in the game, you start to collect green stars.

But there is no Grand Green Star in that game. Therefore, I have come up with this theme which expresses Mario obtaining the Grand Green Star which would be a special, secret, hidden star. I first have the melody in basic piano form so that the notes of this melody can be distinctly heard:

https://youtu.be/7O7iNKXliio

From there, I have the Super Mario Galaxy 2 tune with more suitable instruments:

https://youtu.be/lMrm7dDercc

Here is a lovely tune which I think would be a full theme song:

https://youtu.be/duFBsxKpHaE

Here is a beautiful, catchy tune that I think many people would really love:

https://youtu.be/qfuhxB0Dkas

Lastly, here is a tune that's also really good which would be a haunting tune. I haven't chosen the perfectly suitable instruments for this tune. But I think the instrument choice should be good enough. The instrument that would play the melody would be the eerie type of instrument you hear playing in the X-Files theme song.

But I would prefer a choir instrument to play the melody. It would have to be an eerie choir that conveys the same type of vibe of the eerie instrument in the X-Files theme. Anyway, this melody is catchy, memorable, and great like the rest of my tunes and it conveys profound horror:

https://youtu.be/IfnQ-yKnGIY

Now, here is the soundcloud links to all of those tunes I've just presented to you:

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/dramatic

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/dramaticslow

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/dramaticfast

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/beautifultune

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/bestdarktheme1

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/bestdarktheme2

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/distantfuture1

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/distantfuture2

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/distantfuture3

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/hauntingtune

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/lesson

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/lovelytheme

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/supermariogalaxy1

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/supermariogalaxy2

https://soundcloud.com/user-432115982/weirdtune

Lastly, here is a link to the music sheets of my tunes so you can see what types of notes and rests I've chosen:

https://ibb.co/h08Gqz

https://ibb.co/dNYhVz

https://ibb.co/gsoPd9

https://ibb.co/e5dqJ9

https://ibb.co/bsyAkp

https://ibb.co/iuybQp

https://ibb.co/cMKGQp

https://ibb.co/cAW7WU

https://ibb.co/m0X35p

https://ibb.co/hC8MrU

https://ibb.co/dVuVJ9

I am actually going to point out the music sheet of one of my tunes which would be the Super Mario Galaxy tune. I have circled the pattern of notes I see in that tune which proves I'm not just coming up with melodies with randomly placed notes or, what I like to call, just plain ruckus. What's interesting is that I did not sit there and think of a pattern of notes. Rather, this melody came to me through pure inspiration alone and, sure enough, I discovered that this inspired melody actually has a pattern of notes to it.

This means my brain can create great, catchy tunes through pure inspiration alone with no intellectualizing before hand. Of course, I do think of certain scenes to be inspired by in order to come up with these melodies. But I do not sit there and think what notes I should use to convey whatever scene, character, or atmosphere I want to convey. I let the inspiration alone create the music. It's no different than how artists say they let the inspiration alone create the work of art. Whenever I feel positively inspired, I let that emotion create the music.

Koji Kondo is the composer for video games such as Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Now, this Super Mario Galaxy tune I made is something I think is just as great and catchy as any one of Koji's tunes (but might not sound good or catchy in its current, beginning stage of development). There are certain tunes Koji Kondo makes which are short tunes. An example would be the tune you hear when Mario obtains the Grand Star in Super Mario Galaxy 2. I have created my own tune to express that scene and I think it's just as good as any one of Koji's tunes.

That might sound arrogant of me. But, if I was truly arrogant, then I would be saying it's a fact that the tunes I'm creating in my mind are just as good as Koji's tunes. I'm not saying it's a fact. I am merely keeping an open mind to this possibility. I have every reason to keep an open mind to this because, from what it sounds like, this tune really does sound just as good and catchy as one of Koji's tunes. I have suspended all factors that would make an inflated judgment and I have honestly judged this tune to be just as good and catchy as one of his tunes.

If someone else made this tune, then I would see it as being just as good as Koji's tunes. Whether this is just a crap tune and it's simply my lack of knowledge and experience rendering me unable to tell the difference between a crap tune from a really good one has yet to be determined. Like I said before, only time will tell and it's only when I successfully convey/fully develop this tune would it be determined for sure if this tune really is as good as I say it is or not. I will say one last thing before I move onto the Q&A Section.

It takes a gifted composer to convey something great, catchy, profound, memorable, and powerful in one simple melody. I think I have that gift, but have to find a way to convey it. If there's any skilled composer out there who can convey my melodies, then I would tell them to feel free to convey them. I will show them the music sheets to my tunes and they can get to work. But, if it's really the case that only I can convey these melodies since I know what they are, then I'll have to forget about others conveying my melodies for me.

Q&A Section


Other Person's Response: You've got to be joking!

My Reply: I'm not joking. I really think the tunes I'm hearing in my mind are really good and that I have yet to find a way to convey them. I have every reason to think I'm creating really good tunes in my head and I explain why soon enough.

Other Person's Response: What makes you think you are creating really good tunes in your head? For all we know, they could be crap tunes.

My Reply: As I said before, I have autism and it's said that autistic people are gifted. People who are gifted tend to be incapable in other areas and highly advanced in one area and I think I could be that person. I think I might be creating really good music in my mind that I have yet to share to the world. Once people recognize its greatness, they should see me in a whole new light. There is also another reason why and I explain it soon enough.

Other Person's Response: You see, Matt the Fraud, people who compose music that other people may want to listen to don't write whopping great treatises about what they are going to do. They simply get on with it. However, having heard bits and bobs of your previous attempts, I'd strongly advise you to take up gardening.

My Reply: First of all, I'm not trying to fraud anybody. I give all the reasons why I think these tunes I hear in my mind really are great and catchy. Second, I haven't been feeling up to composing yet due to my miserable, unhappy struggles. Therefore, I have instead chosen to write about my composing dream in the meantime until I feel up to learning how to compose. Lastly, my tunes might very well sound awful and that is to be expected at this point.

Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests to these amazing, catchy tunes I hear in my mind, that's not enough in order for music to sound good. So, all you're listening to is the notes and rests to these tunes. But something more is needed to successfully convey the greatness and catchy quality of these tunes and I don't know what that is yet. I have to learn it.

Other Person's Response: It seems to me you really are trying to fraud people. Why else would you write this whole packet?

My Reply: It's because I have problems with the personal views of other people and I feel the need to speak up for myself and to thoroughly address said issues. I have an issue with other people who claim that my emotions aren't the source of value in my life. So, that's why I've written so many of my other packets which talk about how emotions are value judgments.

I also have an issue with people who have unreasonably high standards when it comes to works of art whether said works be comedy, music, or anything else. So, that's why I've written this whole packet. I also just wish to share everything that's on my mind regarding my composing dream. It would be like how someone wishes to write every single thing that's on his mind in his journal and share it.

Other Person's Response: I just have a quick, random question for you. Are you tone deaf?

My Reply: I don't think so. If a person were to play two keys a tone or semitone a part, I would be able to hear the difference. Also, when I look at the keyboard or a music sheet, I know all my note names. If anyone were to choose a note on the keyboard or a music sheet, I would be able to tell them what note name it is (such as if it's a C#, a D, a G#, etc.).

But, if I were to look away and someone were to play notes, I wouldn't be able to tell them what notes they are. Another thing. If someone were to sing a song (such as someone on American Idol), I wouldn't be able to tell if that person is off pitch or not. That might give the impression that I'm tone deaf. But, if I really was tone deaf, I wouldn't be able to perceive the difference between two pitches when a person plays two keys on the keyboard.

Other Person's Response: You can't create any amazing, catchy music in your mind if you don't know how to do it. So, you're only deluding yourself into believing these tunes you have in your head convey scenes, are catchy, and are great tunes.

My Reply: I know instinctively how to express sadness, anger, or joy if I felt sad, angry, or joyful. The same idea applies to making music in my mind. I know instinctively how to create great, catchy tunes in my mind that express whatever emotion I'm feeling.

I would call my musical instinct a higher instinct and a more advanced form of expression since I'm creating amazing, emotionally powerful and profound tunes in my head as opposed to simply performing certain gestures or tones of voice. In other words, I can express myself through music far better than what any tones, acts, and gestures can.

Only in my mind though at this point. So, you are wrong. I don't need to know how music works. I just need to channel whatever emotion I'm feeling. The only time I need to know how music works is if I wish to successfully convey the music I hear in my mind (which I want to do).

Also, I only channel the positive emotions because I see nothing beautiful about negative emotions. When I create dark or dramatic sounding tunes, I'm actually channeling positive emotions. They would be powerful, dramatic, good feelings.

Other Person's Response: Your whole idea that you somehow know instinctively how to create good, powerful, and catchy music in your head is plain nonsense!

My Reply: Music is a part of me since it's something so profound and beautiful to me. I may not know music technically. But I do know it personally (instinctively). So, I consider music to be an extension of myself which means I can instinctively create great music in my head.

I do not need to know the technical information of how to express love, hate, sorrow, or joy because I can do that naturally on my own. Sure, there is technical information on that (which has to do with evolution and psychology).

If I was a robot, then I would read this technical information because I wouldn't have the instincts of a human being. But, since I am a human being, then I can instinctively express things like love and joy without studying up on evolution and psychology.

The same thing applies to music. That's how I instinctively know how to create powerful and catchy tunes in my head that express whatever I want to express. For now, I'm just creating tunes and not anything fully crafted in my head.

Other Person's Response: You are wrong. You never had any musical gift and you should give up right now. Instead, pursue a different hobby.

My Reply: How do people know that the tunes I've created in my mind are nothing good and catchy? I haven't even conveyed them yet. In other words, I haven't gotten the chance to fully craft these tunes and am only sharing them now "as is."

So, other people shouldn't be jumping to this conclusion that I never had any musical gift and am better off giving up. Besides, many artists were told they should have given up. Yet, it's their perseverance that led them to become great artists.

Other Person's Response: You said you were going to learn how to compose many years ago. Yet, here you are still coming up with these horrendous tunes. From this, I can conclude you are too lazy to learn and have no talent. So, you are better off just giving up.

My Reply: That's not it. I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments and that's why I've not even bothered learning. I can't stand doing my hobbies without my positive emotions which is why I don't even bother.

Now, it's just a matter of time waiting for me to fully recover from this recent emotional trauma I've had. I'm doing just fine now and I have to wait a little bit longer for my positive emotions to return back to me on their own.

Once they do, then I'll start learning how to compose since I would be able to have fun and enjoy the whole process. I personally don't think any conclusions as to whether my musical claims are true or not should be drawn when I haven't even gotten the chance to fully craft these tunes.

Other Person's Response: You're 29 years old. That is a bit late to begin learning how to compose. Why the delay?

My Reply: There are two reasons why. The 1st would be that composing wasn't something I took up until later on in my life. The 2nd would be that I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments. It was a cycle I was in and I have finally broken free of that cycle. Now that I'm no longer miserable and almost have my positive emotions back to me, I'll soon be ready to learn how to compose. I don't think I will have anymore of those miserable moments again.

Other Person's Response: I bet, even if you fully regained your positive emotions, you still wouldn't dedicate much time to learning how to compose and you still wouldn't go through with your composing dream.

My Reply: That's false. Once I have my positive emotions, then I would be fully dedicated to achieving my goal. I would dedicate many hours each day. I used to do this with my previous hobby (which was playing video games). As long as I could have fun and enjoy them, then I would play them for many hours each day. But, when I struggle with misery, then I don't even bother with them.

Other Person's Response: What you're doing here is making an irrational judgment of these tunes you have in your head because it's a judgment that doesn't match up with reality. As a matter of fact, many people make such irrational judgments all the time. For example, I could truly perceive a random stranger on my streets as a horrible, disgusting person simply because this is how I feel about him/her. But that would be my own judgment which doesn't make it true.

My Reply: I don't know about that yet. It could really be the case these tunes really are that great and that I just have to find a way to convey them. Music is something so personal and profound to me that it could be the case that I can naturally come up with great tunes in my head through inspiration alone.

It would be like how an anime character is profoundly connected to the fire spirit and, as a result, is naturally gifted in the art of the fire spirit. That character would be gifted mentally since it's a mental/spiritual connection with the fire spirit.

In other words, that character can be inspired with wonderful, amazing ideas through the fire spirit. But some knowledge and training would be needed in order for that character to convey his ideas.

This analogy applies to me because I would be profoundly connected to the spirit of music and can be inspired to come up with great tunes in my head. I'm not saying the spirit of music is an actual spirit. That would just be a metaphor.

Other Person's Response: I think you will eventually come to realize that, even though your notes do adhere to a key, your tunes really convey nothing and are nothing great or catchy. Even if your tunes become fully crafted, they would still be meaningless tunes. Once you learn more about composing, you should come to realize this.

My Reply: If that's the case, then I'm not sure at this point how I'm supposed to come up with any real good, catchy tunes that convey the scenes I want to convey. I've been relying on my instincts/inspiration alone to do the job. But, if all that's doing is resulting in the creation of meaningless, worthless tunes, then I would have to rely on a different method that actually works.

Even if I fully knew everything I needed to know about composing, my whole method of channeling emotion/inspiration into my mind in creating tunes would only yield these meaningless tunes. So, if there's some other method out there that works, then I would love to learn it.

Another thing here. I know I said earlier I got the right notes and rests to these tunes down. But I'm not ear trained. So, it could be the case that I simply think I've reproduced the right notes and rests to these tunes in my mind when I really didn't.

Other Person's Response: What if you do become a fully trained and educated composer, but compose fully crafted music that's still nothing catchy and conveys nothing?

My Reply: Then I would find that quite frustrating and would give up composing if this doesn't change. From my perspective, the music I create would convey profound meaning, certain scenes, or characters I wanted to convey. But, for other people, they would be meaningless themes or tunes.

Or, at least, something that doesn't convey what I described at all. Instead, it could be lame music that conveys something bland and unappealing. My whole point in composing is to create music that conveys something appealing and great. In other words, my goal is to create good music.

Now, one would think that me being a fully trained and educated composer is all that's needed for me to create the music I want to create. But perhaps there's something more that's needed that I just don't have. I will give another anime analogy here to get my point across since I love anime. Goku was able to achieve Super Saiyan.

But Vegeta couldn't no matter how hard he trained. In other words, Goku had something within himself that allowed him to become Super Saiyan that Vegeta didn't have. But Vegeta did go Super Saiyan later on. However, that's beside the point here.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I could go through all the education and training I want to with composing. But I would always be lacking something necessary that would allow me to compose music that's truly good and catchy. It would be something that I can't obtain through education and training.

Other Person's Response: So, you're basically saying you'll never be any good at composing no matter how much education and training you get?

My Reply: Correct. I hope that's not the case though.

Other Person's Response: To be honest, I think you should just give up composing. You don't have what it takes to create the good, catchy tunes you want to create. In addition, you should also give up on any higher values because you don't have what it takes either. So, you should stick with whatever previous hobby you were good at and you should stick with your basic, hedonistic, pleasure-based values.

My Reply: I hope I have what it takes. If not, then I'm screwed both as a composer and in terms of any hopes of making my life beautiful in the event I lose my positive emotions and can't sufficiently or fully regain them.

Other Person's Response: If there's one thing you've created that's good, it's your username and avatar. Your youtube and soundcloud username is Transcended Dimensions and your avatar is the psychic Pokemon, Mewtwo. I think that's a cool combination.

Sadly, the music I listened to on your account doesn't match the greatness of your username and avatar. I would really love to see you produce some music in the future that's just as great or even better than your username and avatar.

My Reply: That's what I plan to do. My whole username and avatar setup is supposed to express the bizarre, cool, amazing, and otherworldly music I wish to produce and share in the future. I envision producing music down the road that could outmatch my username and avatar.

Other Person's Response: You may have chosen certain notes. But they are all in the wrong order.

My Reply: My notes do adhere to a key (although, I haven't specified that key signature on the music sheets of my tunes). What's interesting is that the notes of these tunes I'm hearing in my mind do adhere to a key signature and aren't just randomly placed notes.

In other words, I can create actual music through instinct alone without even thinking of what notes and rests I should use. Again, I channel emotion and that emotion results in the creation of actual music. But I'm just sharing tunes at this point and not full themes or songs.

Other Person's Response: Your whole claim that you have these amazing, catchy tunes in your mind is self-delusion at best.

My Reply: I can create funny scenes in my head. But I can convey them since I know the English language which means I can just write them down, share them, and people would understand them. Since I'm a natural comedian, then it's quite possible I'm naturally creating great, catchy tunes in my head, too.

Of course, I don't meet the highest standard of comedy or composing. But I think that, according to a reasonable standard, my scenes are comical and my music (when fully conveyed) would be great and catchy. As you can see here, certain people can be naturally gifted at certain things.

Other Person's Response: Would you mind sharing one of your funny scenes?

My Reply: Sure. A tough guy challenges other tough guys to slam their fists into him to see how much he can take. The tough guy takes these brutal punches and isn't phased one bit. But a little kitten arrives on the scene, scratches a weak spot on the tough guy's leg, meows, and casually walks away while the tough guy screams:

"GOD DAMN THAT {!#%@} HURTS!!!"

After which, he falls down and is knocked out. Now, if people don't find this scene funny, then I think it really is funny and people just don't like me as a person or the things I say in my writing. It could also be the case that they have unreasonably high standards of comedy.

If I were to present this scene as a normal, polite, humble human being without sharing my packets to them (which brag about these tunes I hear in my mind and how the lives of others can't be beautiful without their positive emotions), then I bet these people would find this scene comical.

That is, if them not liking me as an individual and the things I say in my packets is the only factor preventing them from seeing the comical greatness of my scenes. So, there are factors that can blind people from seeing the greatness and comedy of certain works of art.

Other Person's Response: I found that scene quite comical!

My Reply: If I can naturally create such comical scenes in my head without knowing anything about comedy, then why can't I also create great, catchy music in my head? I personally think my music will be better than any comedy scene I make.

Other Person's Response: It could really be the case then that these tunes in your mind are great, catchy, and convey the scenes you describe. But, being able to write melodies doesn't mean anything if you can't write harmonies and chord progressions to support them. Melodies, by themselves, do not make much music at all. That's why I think the melodies you intend to convey aren't being conveyed and are instead deemed as "awful gibberish."

Imagine if nobody ever heard Zelda's Lullaby or the Super Mario theme and I was the one who invented them. If all I had was the notes and rests to these songs, then, if I went and shared that, other people might call me delusional for believing I have some great, catchy themes in my head that I'm trying to convey. These people would be wrong because they don't realize that these themes in my head really are great and catchy. These themes just need those additional elements, is all.

My Reply: That could be the case. I'll learn how to do that then so that the greatness of my tunes and themes can become a reality rather than lurking in the shadows where nobody can see it.

Other Person's Response: I know you've talked about your mother in your previous packet. But what about your father?

My Reply: I don't live with my father and I only see him when it's my birthday (which would be September 1st). Although, he has practiced the guitar for years and is a very good guitar player. He even composes his own music. Who knows, I might have inherited some of his talent and, as a result, am creating amazing, catchy tunes in my mind. As far as I recall, I've been creating such tunes in my mind ever since I was a very young child. I even sang them.

But, since I don't know how to sing, then everyone would just hear them as gibberish tunes. As for these tunes I've created in my mind when I was a young child, they were catchy, amazing, children's tunes and not the style of tunes I'm creating in my mind now. So, I'm naturally talented when it comes to creating good tunes in my head. But I'm not naturally talented when it comes to playing an instrument, singing, or getting the notes to these tunes right the first time. I have to keep toying around on the keyboard until I think I've gotten the notes right.

Other Person's Response: Do you remember one of these tunes you've created in your mind as a young child?

My Reply: Yes. I remember it like yesterday. I will convey this tune when I know how to do it so everyone can listen to it. I'm not going to be a singer. I'm just going to compose tunes by figuring out the notes on the keyboard and going from there on musical software. Also, back then, when I was a child, I was limited to creating catchy, childish tunes in my mind since my brain didn't have enough musical information to create these new tunes I'm creating in my mind now. I talk more about this below.

Other Person's Response: Even if you do fully convey your melody, it might still be awful gibberish. The mind plays tricks on us all the time and your mind might be fooling you into believing you're creating these amazing tunes that convey something meaningful when, in reality, you're just creating gibberish that conveys nothing. Inspiration alone does not create good music in our minds. You need to know how to do it.

My Reply: But the brain absorbs information and knows how to do things naturally. An example would be learning a language such as the English language. By listening to others speak English, you eventually learn to how to speak it yourself. There is a software known as Rosetta Stone where people just sit there and listen to new languages. They learn to speak these languages just from listening to them.

The same idea applies to making good music in your mind. By listening to music your whole life, you will automatically learn how to create good music in your head. Of course, you will need to actually learn how to convey the music you hear in your mind in the physical world. Therefore, I plan on learning how to convey these amazing, catchy tunes and themes I hear in my mind.

Other Person's Response: I think you're talking nonsense!

My Reply: I don't think so. People have dreams of amazing works of art such as new landscapes or new songs they've never witnessed and heard before despite the fact that these people are not artists. This shows our brains are very well capable of creating amazing works of art just from the knowledge (information) that our brains have absorbed over the course of our lifetime.

Another example would be people who have near death experiences or take powerful psychedelic drugs. These people will go on amazing journeys and they will witness beautiful, artistic, heavenly landscapes they've never seen before. In addition, they will also hear beautiful, angelic music they've never heard before.

Other Person's Response: If you know how to create amazing, catchy tunes in your mind, do you also know how to create amazing poetry in your mind or how to create an amazing story?

My Reply: No. But that's only because I never read poetry or stories as a daily routine. Had I done so, then my brain would absorb that information and I would know how to do it naturally just like how I'm able to naturally come up with amazing, catchy tunes in my mind.

Other Person's Response: I know plenty of people who don't know anything about composing, but are unable to create good music in their minds since they don't know how to do it. By your logic, they should know how to do it.

My Reply: Their brains already know how to create good music. They just need that inspiration which would allow their brains to tap into that knowledge they have. By tapping into that knowledge, they will be able to create good music in their mind. There are certain methods that allow our brains to tap into that knowledge to create amazing works of art in our minds. The example I gave was dreams, near death experiences, or psychedelic drugs. But inspiration can also do the trick.

Other Person's Response: I'm just not buying your claim that you're creating amazing, powerful, catchy, and profound tunes and themes in your mind without knowing anything about composing or how music works. It's like saying that I can come up with an amazing invention in my mind or that I can invent the cure for cancer in my mind without knowing anything about how stuff works.

My Reply: Haven't you ever dreamed of a scene in a certain show that was never in that show? For example, you could dream of a scene in Harry Potter that never existed such as Harry opening up a portal and flying around on his broom in a future city with advanced technology. Or haven't you dreamed of any given environment or scene that never happened in reality? For example, I dreamed of my old home. But it was a labyrinth version of my old home. It was a very complex, beautiful work of art.

This shows that our brains can take already existing information whether it be from a show or anything else and create whole new scenes and works of art that are wonderful, glorious, beautiful, and amazing. As you can see here, we don't have to know anything about how to create works of art; our brains will create amazing works of art for us through inspiration, dreams, etc. That's how I'm creating these amazing themes and tunes in my head through inspiration alone without knowing anything about composing.

Other Person's Response: What works of art are our brains naturally capable of creating then?

My Reply: It could be anything. Even a new song by Michael Jackson that is just as great, powerful, profound, memorable, and catchy as any one of his songs. If you've ever listened to MJ's music, then your brain already has all the information it needs to create a new song that is just as good as MJ's songs. Your brain would know the very soul or personality of his music and create a whole new song.

Other Person's Response: What if these tunes you have in your head really aren't that good as you say they are?

My Reply: If I do fully convey them and they really aren't that good, then that's fine. I will improve as a composer so that I can eventually create truly good music. For now though, it seems absolutely compelling to me that they are really good tunes. Sure, some of my tunes might seem simple and repetitive. But there are simple, repetitive tunes in anime and video games that are really good, memorable, and catchy. Besides, music does need some repetition. But not too much.

Other Person's Response: You're right. There are such simple, repetitive themes in anime and video games. An example would be the Super Mario theme song. But the Super Mario theme isn't that good.

My Reply: I will point out what I said from my other packet. People would be having too high of a standard which prevents them from appreciating the greatness of the Super Mario theme. The theme conveys something catchy, fun, joyful, and beautiful and I don't understand how anyone could not appreciate the greatness and beauty of that. It would be like saying that a flower is nothing great and beautiful and only an artistic field of flowers is great and beautiful. Having such a high standard would prevent one from appreciating the greatness and beauty of that one simple flower.

Therefore, if I fully convey these themes I hear in my mind and other people tell me they're not that good, then they would be having too high of a standard which is preventing them from appreciating the greatness and awesomeness of my themes. If my themes really aren't gibberish and they are catchy like I say, then other people would be having too high of a standard to not praise them. As you can see here, I have a much lower standard which allows me to appreciate things. Of course, I don't praise lame music that we hear on the radio all the time. I praise music that is unique and catchy.

Other Person's Response: Could you give me another example of people who can't appreciate the greatness and beauty of music due to their high standards?

My Reply: Sure. Some people would say that Michael Jackson's music is nothing great. They would even say that some of his music is very simple and that a basic composer could compose something like this. An example would be Heal the World which is one of MJ's songs. Again, his music might be simple compared to Beethoven's or Bach's music. But that doesn't mean MJ's music is nothing great.

People just need to learn to appreciate the greatness, beauty, power, and soul of his music because it's music that's catchy, memorable, and conveys powerful and profound emotion. I think that's all that's needed to make music great and amazing. It doesn't have to meet some high standard of craftsmanship like Beethoven's or Bach's music. I know many people do appreciate the greatness of MJ's music. But some people out there don't and I think they need to lower their standards.

Other Person's Response: Are there any other factors that you think would prevent people from appreciating any fully developed music of yours you might share in the future?

My Reply: Yes. People just might not like me as a person, they might not like the things I say in my packets, and also the fact that I'm not famous or popular. There are people in this world who share amazing works of art, but have them ridiculed and shot down simply because these people weren't famous, weren't popular, and weren't liked as individuals.

There are also people who share awful music and have their music praised simply because they are popular, famous artists. As you can see here, people just have too many factors preventing them from appreciating the greatness and beauty of works of art and they also have factors preventing them from seeing the crap that some works of art truly are.

Other Person's Response: Your melody appears as a series of randomly placed notes.

My Reply: If you look at the music sheet of the Dark Theme, you will see how there is a pattern. A certain portion is played at the higher octave and is then repeated at the lower octave with a few modifications.

Other Person's Response: What style of music do you wish to compose?

My Reply: It would be something amazing, astonishing, of a higher dimension, transcended, literally out of this world, emotionally powerful, and bizarre. Such music could convey something dark, gothic, and metal or it could convey something beautiful, dramatic, or heavenly. I think such music would be quite suitable for anime such as Dragon Ball Z. That melody I presented in this packet for Shadow the Hedgehog would be one of those themes. Although, this melody is more of a dark, gothic type of theme rather than something out of this world.

Other Person's Response: You don't have to create good, emotionally powerful music. You can just create music because you like to do it as a hobby.

My Reply: My whole goal in making music is to create music that's great, unheard of, and emotionally powerful. To me, it's not about the craft itself. Even if I made the most artistically crafted song, but said song only conveyed a bland, unattractive emotion, then that craft wasn't something to be proud of. Think of the lame music you hear on the radio. From there, imagine a well crafted version of that. It would still be lame music. So, to me, music is all about that emotionally powerful greatness. Without that, then I've failed my mission as a composer.

Other Person's Response: Are you expecting to be as great as Beethoven?

My Reply: No. I just want to create music that is awesome, catchy, and emotionally powerful. It would be like music for video games or anime. When you hear theme songs for characters in popular anime or video games, they are often something catchy, awesome, bad ass, and emotionally epic or dramatic. That is the style of music I'm going for. However, it's something much more bizarre than that.

Other Person's Response: Are you trying to be the better composer than anyone else?

My Reply: No. The type of praise and recognition I'm seeking isn't the type that the person with the biggest muscles, the best stunts, or the greatest intellect would receive. It's the type that a person with a unique and awesome artistic vision or craft would receive.

Other Person's Response: Do you wish to go to college and go into a music business?

My Reply: No. I'm much better off learning at home and composing that way. I can learn all I need to learn online. It would just be a waste of money when I could have become a good composer at home. Besides, I wish to pursue composing as a hobby and not as a career.

Other Person's Response: Do you plan on sharing your music to others?

My Reply: Yes. When I am able to finally create good music in the physical world, I plan on featuring it on youtube and soundcloud. I also wish to share it with my friends and family. In addition, I would also go on music forums and share it there, too. My whole goal here is to create good music that makes me feel positive emotions. Remember, my positive emotions are what make the moment something beautiful, special, and joyful in my life.

I also need my positive emotions to be positively motivated and inspired to compose. Otherwise, it's not worth bothering. Lastly, me having my music praised and recognized would also bring me positive emotions and that's my main goal, too. I certainly would not want to compose all alone since I think I would find myself giving up. That's why I need to share it with others.

It's fine if my music doesn't become famous because I'm not expecting to be famous or rich. I just want to share my music to as many people as possible because that would stroke my ego which would allow me to feel positive emotions from their praise and recognition of my music.

That would get me all pumped up and high which would make the moment something amazing and joyful. Consider it a moment of victory and celebration for me. But, like I said before, if my music isn't good and doesn't get praised and recognized, then that's fine. I will improve so that I can create good music and, hopefully, find a way to get it out there in the world so that it can get the praise and recognition it deserves.

Other Person's Response: Composing only to seek praise and recognition of your music is shallow and being a hedonist is shallow, too.

My Reply: Shallowness is all subjective. What one person sees as shallow another might see as something profound and great. I see composing for the praise and recognition of my music as not shallow because, according to my personal view, getting these amazing themes I hear out there into the world would make my music and artistic talent known.

Me composing just for the sake of composing and nothing more is shallow because I would never achieve my goal of creating these amazing themes/songs and making them known to the world. I have some unique, bizarre music that I plan on sharing and people would never get to know my unique style of music I compose.

Some people might say it's possessed or demonic and shy away from it. But I think it would be some very interesting music, nonetheless. I have yet to become a skilled composer to convey these themes. As for being a hedonist, again, I don't see that as shallow either because I think positive emotions are like the holy inner light within us that we need.

Other Person's Response: If you had some fatal condition right now and the doctor told you that you only had a few months to live, would you give up composing?

My Reply: I'm afraid so. There is no way I can achieve my goal within such a short time period. Since I can only compose just for the sake of composing, then I'd give up. That's another reason why I've bought these Immortality Rings because they are said to keep your body healthy and alive by preventing diseases and stopping aging. If these rings work, then they would allow me to fully go through with my goal.

That is, if some fatal accident doesn't happen to me because the rings won't protect me from that. Also, even if I did manage to achieve my goal, but my music got little to no praise, then I'd give up, too. This is because I wouldn't be creating any good music and, thus, I would see it as being pointless to pursue composing any further. If I try and try to improve, but my music is never that great, then I'd officially give up composing.

Other Person's Response: So, your only goal in composing is to hog all the glory and attention and feel good from that? That makes you a leeching bastard! I'm sorry, but that's plain selfish! If you really do have an autistic gift that has yet to be conveyed to the world, that gift can be used for something better than what you intend to use it for.

My Reply: I'll take what I want in life and I don't care what anyone's attitude or opinion is! Like I said, only my own views and opinions matter to me. I see nothing wrong with seeking praise and recognition of my music.

Other Person's Response: If you can never create any good music and you officially give up composing, what hobby will you pursue next?

My Reply: I will go back to my video gaming hobby since I've always been good at playing video games.

Other Person's Response: Wouldn't you feel positive emotions from inspiring others through your music? Do you only feel positive emotions when others compliment your music?

My Reply: I don't feel inspired or driven to inspire and help others in general or through my music. Although, I would feel positive emotions from having inspired others and giving them something good to listen to. So, in the process of me feeling positive emotions from making music and having my music praised, I would also feel positive emotions from others being inspired through my music. Right now, I can't share any good music since I have to learn how to create good music.

Other Person's Response: What if it turns out these tunes you are hearing in your mind really are as great as you say they are?

My Reply: Since my claim that these tunes I'm hearing in my mind were great tunes was a true claim I was making all along, then other people should really keep an open mind to my other claim which was that positive emotions are the only beautiful things in life since they are the only value judgments of good, beauty, greatness, and joy.

As I said before, I have autism and autistic people have great insight into themselves and their own personal experience. Many discover new ideas that humanity was blind to and in denial of. If you don't believe I have autism, then go ask my mother and she will tell you.

Other Person's Response: Even if your music turns out to be amazing, that doesn't make you an amazing person.

My Reply: Music is an expression of our personality. Therefore, if you create amazing music, that makes you an amazing person. If there was a horrible person who created amazing music, that person would be horrible in one area, but would be an amazing person in another area. Actually, according to my definition, positive emotions are what make you an amazing person and negative emotions are what make you a horrible or disgusting person. But I'm not going by my personal definition here.

Other Person's Response: Do you wish to be a performer?

My Reply: No. I have a keyboard and all I want to do is use it to figure out these notes I'm hearing in my head. I do not plan on performing my music or any other type of music. I figure out the notes on the keyboard and place them on a music notation software. From there, I would use music producing software to choose better instruments for them.

Other Person's Response: Have you shared your tunes to other people and have they told you that your tunes are gibberish?

My Reply: Yes. What makes it frustrating is that I already perceive these tunes as amazing and catchy since I know what they are. This perception makes it seem quite obvious that others should perceive them the way I do. That's why it becomes frustrating when I go and share them to other people and they say it's awful, incoherent, gibberish.

I think this is the same issue I have when writing essays and things on forums. I already know the message I am trying to convey and the message is quite obvious to me since I already know what it is. But other people don't get that message and they say to me that my writing is awful, incoherent, gibberish.

I think I just need to improve both as a writer and as a composer in order to successfully convey my message. But, like I said before, composing is what I wish to learn and improve on. I don't wish to be a skilled writer since that's not my goal in life. As long as I don't improve, then other people might not get my message/music at all or they will perceive a completely different message/tune that I never intended.

Other Person's Response: Remember, your notes must have a pattern to them in order for your music to make sense to people. Otherwise, it would just be randomly placed notes.

My Reply: Actually, I'm not sure if this is true. I think you just need to have the right choice of notes and rests in order to convey any given scene or personality. Also, the notes must adhere to a key (which my tunes do). The tunes you create in your mind must be inspired and that inspiration is all that's needed to come up with melodies that convey something catchy, amazing, and memorable.

Of course, there are further steps necessary because just having the notes and rests down to these melodies isn't enough to convey them. But I'm seeing if my melodies as they are will be conveyed to at least some people. Also, I think there might be a pattern with the notes of my melodies. All I'm asking is that others take a look at the music sheet and look for patterns.

Other Person's Response: We as human beings project meaning upon things all the time. Even meaningless things become meaningful to us. It's quite possible you are projecting certain meanings upon your tunes which are actually gibberish tunes. If I were to write down a series of randomly placed notes, then I bet you would report to me that this "melody" conveys something.

My Reply: I performed this little experiment on myself where I placed a bunch of random notes down and listened to them. I still perceived the "melody" as random gibberish. So, it's quite possible I really am creating tunes in my mind that are catchy and amazing.

However, if I were to somehow perceive that random melody as conveying something meaningful and catchy, then it's quite possible my brain is creating a different tune from that which would be a tune that does convey something meaningful and catchy.

My brain might be trying to make sense of that random melody and, in order for my brain to do that, then it has to create a melody out of that random mess which would be a meaningful, catchy melody.

Other Person's Response: According to your worldview, you would have to feel a positive emotion in order to perceive your tunes as amazing, beautiful, and great.

My Reply: That's correct. Otherwise, I would just be perceiving the idea that they are amazing, beautiful, and great.

Other Person's Response: You have to give me evidence that you're instinctively creating great tunes in your head without knowing how music works. Otherwise, I'm not going to believe you.

My Reply: In the past, I have sung my tunes on the microphone since I didn't have a keyboard at the time. But I don't know how to sing. When people listened to them, they said they were awful. But I knew all along the good tunes I was really trying to convey even though people didn't get them.

There was one person who has conveyed these tunes for me. These are just 3 tunes here. The instrument choice this guy has chosen for my tunes is different than the ones I had in my head. But the 1st two tunes themselves are very close to what I intended to convey.

So, he got those 2 tunes right for the most part. If anyone thinks these tunes are good and catchy, then I think that is evidence right there that I'm creating great, catchy tunes in my mind. These tunes of mine you hear in this video aren't my best ones.

I have created powerful, amazing tunes in my head that I have yet to convey myself. But, for now, here are these tunes of mine I will share to you. When you watch this video, you hear my voice singing along with instruments the guy has chosen.

Also, scroll down to the comments section below in this video and you will see that it really is me. A person mentions my name in the comments section. He/she says: "I'M SORRY I DOUBTED YOU MATT PLEASE FORGIVE ME." So, here is the video:

https://youtu.be/IuTvz0yBoFE

Other Person's Response: I'm sorry. Yes, your tunes that this guy conveyed for you are catchy. But they're nothing good.

My Reply: If those tunes are catchy, then that's something worth praising and appreciating. It says that I am creating catchy tunes in my head and that should be enough right there to appreciate for now. Too many people complain and they don't appreciate the beautiful, amazing, and good things in life.

If a work of art has good qualities, but many bad qualities, then many people complain and call the whole work of art awful when, in fact, there are still good qualities about that artwork worth appreciating. Sure, constructive criticism is needed in order for a person to improve. But such criticism shouldn't dismiss the good qualities of an artwork worth appreciating.

So, yes, those tunes might be awful in certain regards. But, if they are still catchy tunes and convey scenes, then that is a good quality worth praising and appreciating. Even the people in the comments section of the video appreciate this. Therefore, a fair assessment of my tunes would be something like:

"Man, those tunes are awful in certain areas! But, wow, they are catchy and convey scenes! I see great potential in you as a composer. But these specific areas still need improvement."

This would really be no different than if someone was a dancer and there were some judges. If the dancer had good form, but poor timing, then his good form was something worth praising and appreciating. From there, his timing should be criticized. But to say that this dancer is awful and has no talent would be an unfair assessment since that would be leaving out things worth appreciating.

Other Person's Response: Who are you to say things like this? You are an insult to musicians everywhere!

My Reply: The truth is often times insulting and I will not hold back from expressing the truth.

Other Person's Response: Those tunes in that video aren't even worth appreciating since they're nothing catchy or good.

My Reply: I think I might have a difficult time telling the difference between the real catchy tunes I hear in my mind as opposed to what's been produced in reality. So, from my perspective, the tunes in that video are the real, catchy ones I had in my mind all along.

But perhaps they're really not which is the reason why other people say they're not catchy when they listen to them. Or maybe they are good and catchy and you're just having too high of a standard when it comes to what you deem as a good or catchy tune, theme, or song.

After all, many people liked the video, there weren't that many dislikes, and all the people in the comments section loved these tunes. So, I think this clearly shows you're having too high of a standard. I really love people like the ones in the comment section who are able to appreciate and praise works of art that deserve appreciation and praise.

Again, I do agree with the idea that constructive criticism should be offered in addition to praise. But I don't agree that constructive criticism should completely overshadow any praise that is deserved and neither do I agree that praise should completely overshadow any constructive criticism.

In other words, people should offer constructive criticism that is deserved as well as any praise that is deserved and not just one or the other. They should also keep their standards at a reasonable level and not so high that they can't appreciate things.

Other Person's Response: In regards to standards, I think it's best to have a high musical standard and to not settle for a moderate standard. This will compel a person to be the best composer he can be.

My Reply: I think it's best to have a moderate standard while, at the same time, encouraging a composer to be the best he can be. Such a standard would leave a person saying something such as:

"Those tunes of yours really are good and catchy! I really love them and find them unique! I see great potential in you and I would love to see you at your best!"

As you can see here, having a moderate standard can still encourage a person to be the best he can be while also leaving plenty of room for appreciation and praise. But having a high standard like you are suggesting may encourage a person to be at his best. But it leaves little to no room for praise and appreciation. A moderate standard leaves room for praise of works of art that meet both a moderate standard and a high standard.

But a high standard only leaves room for praise of works of art that meet a high standard. I realize a low standard would leave room for praise of works of art that meet a low standard, a moderate standard, and a high standard. But the goal is to have a reasonable standard and I think that standard would be the moderate standard. It's neither too high nor too low.

So, a high standard leaves too much room for criticism and little room for praise and appreciation while a low standard leaves too much room for praise and little room for criticism. That's why I think the moderate standard is the right standard to have. It's the fair standard to have which makes the low and high standards unfair. In my opinion, I think the moderate standard should be the universal standard everyone should agree upon.

Other Person's Response: That doesn't justify disregarding valid criticism just because you don't receive praise as well.

My Reply: I agree constructive criticism should be offered and taken into consideration even if it's offered without the praise. All I'm saying here is that it's unfair for a person to just offer criticism without the praise or praise without the criticism.

Other Person's Response: That's an opinion that you're entitled to. Don't consider it factual though.

My Reply: If a person just offers one without the other, then that, to me, says the person is disregarding and dismissing any criticism that is deserved if that person only offered praise, or that the person is dismissing any praise that is deserved if he/she only offered criticism. I consider it to be an insult because the latter completely dismisses any greatness that is worth appreciating in a work of art.

The former dismisses any improvements that need to be made. I will just give an example to show how the latter is unfair and insulting. For example, if someone on American Idol sang quite well with some flaws, then if Simon Cowell just displayed his rude attitude and only offered criticism, then that would be plain rude and unfair. However, if he also offered the praise that was deserved, then that would be the right thing to do.

Other Person's Response: If you don't mind, could you share just one more of your funny scenes?

My Reply: Sure. This funny scene is a Sonic the Hedgehog one I made. If you've ever played the Sonic games or watched Sonic, he has a female, pink hedgehog named "Amy Rose" who is very attracted to him. I have created a funny scene based off of this. It would actually be a short story. I will give the title of the story, explain it, and end it:

Give Amy A Treat To Keep Her Quiet!


Amy and Sonic meet again. She becomes very attracted to him, starts to wag her tail, and barks like a puppy attracted to another puppy. Sonic notices and walks up to her. They meet face to face.

Sonic: "Amy."

Amy: "Yes, Sonic?," Amy quietly and eagerly asks as though awaiting a proclamation of love from Sonic.

Sonic: "Hedgehogs aren't supposed to bark," Sonic quietly and gently informs Amy.

Amy: "Oh. Okay," Amy states in a normal, casual tone of voice.

Sonic and Amy then have a normal conversation as they walk into the sunset.

~The End~


Other Person's Response: That short story was the most lame, stupid, and awful piece of crap I've ever read!

My Reply: The very qualities that you think makes this lame, stupid, and awful are the very qualities I think makes it comical and great.

Other Person's Response:

Give Jake A Cheese To Keep Him Happy!


Jake and his sister, Amanda, meet again. He becomes very hungry towards her, starts to hear his stomach growl, and mentions putting cheese on some spaghetti with homemade sauce when he gets home. Amanda notices this and walks up to him. They meet face to face.

Amanda: "Jake."

Jake: "Yes, Amanda?," Jake quietly and eagerly asks as though awaiting a proclamation of metric cheese measurements from her.

Amanda: "There's no cheese available to buy from the store until Monday," she quietly and gently informs Jake.

Jake: "Oh. Okay," Jake states in a normal, casual tone of voice.

Jake and Amanda then have a normal conversation as they walk into the sunset.

~The End~


My Reply: I'm not sure what you're implying by creating a variation of my story. Are you implying that my story is so comical that it should be considered a meme where many people take my story and create their own variation of it as a means to carry on its comical legacy?

But, if you're implying that my short story is awful, then remember to have a standard that's not too high nor too low. Having a moderate standard would allow you to praise and appreciate the comical greatness of my short story. In addition, also remember to not have factors preventing you from appreciating its comical greatness such as not liking me as an individual or the things I say and boast about.

Other Person's Response: No. That short story really was that bad!

My Reply: The real way to determine whether my scenes are comical and if any fully developed music I share in the future is good is to make it popular. If many people love it, then it was good. So, it would have met the reasonable standard. But, if many people don't like it, then it was never good.

Actually, here's how it would work. If I were to make my works popular to a community of people with high standards, chances are, many people would not like them. But, if I were to make these works popular to a community of people with a reasonable, moderate standard, then, chances are, many people would love them.

So, according to a moderate standard, my works would be great. But, according to a high standard, they wouldn't be great. I personally prefer people with the reasonable, moderate standard because these are the types of people who can praise and appreciate things in life whether they be works of art or anything else.

The issue I'm having here is with people who have unfair assessments of artwork because they can't praise and appreciate their greatness. In short, my goal is to not even bother with people who have these high standards and to instead share my works to people who can appreciate them.

Now, I'm not claiming I am on par with professional, famous comedians because I'm not. All I'm saying here is that any comedy scenes I share and any fully developed music I share in the future are worth appreciating (as well as criticizing). I seek an audience who offers both praise that is deserved and criticism that is deserved.

Other Person's Response: You only give praise when you can really find anything good about something. You don't just praise whatever you see to make the creator happy. You praise something to let the creator know of what's positive in a certain art piece and let them know what to keep in and what to improve or leave out.

Always expect feedback, but don't expect people to just shower with praise or either bombard it with criticism. You can only know about people's opinions once they have provided feedback. Before said feedback is provided, you have the right to judge your own works of art however you want. However, you can't impose your opinion on everyone else.

You just might like different things people here do and that's ok, honestly, as long as you don't complain about our standards by saying they're "too high". They are different, but not necessarily high. I don't know how to talk anymore. I shouldn't keep talking to no avail.

My Reply: People can have a different style of comedy or music which prevents them from appreciating the greatness of certain types of comedy or music. So, having a high standard isn't the only thing that prevents people from praising and appreciating works of art. As for standards though, I think the moderate standard should be the universally agreed upon standard because, like I said before, it's neither too high nor too low. It's just right.

Other Person's Response: Well, unfortunately, that renders basically your whole post moot because no one is going to have the exact same standards you have that you consider "moderate standards" as that's really subjective. You might as well not have shared this packet at all if this is the basis for all your responses to people's posts.

My Reply: I thought there was a low, moderate, and high standard that was objective because I thought there was a way to objectively determine what works of art are good, magnificent, bad, or horrendous. If these objective standards don't yet exist and it's currently subjective, then surely there must be a way to objectively determine them.
Last edited by Omniverse on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 27 times in total.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Jesus wept!

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Poodle wrote:Jesus wept!
What do you mean?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Oh - I suppose I'd better answer ...
You see, Omnifraud, people who compose music that other people may want to listen to don't write whopping great treatises about what they are going to do. They simply get on with it. However, having heard bits and bobs of your previous attempts, I'd strongly advise you to take up gardening.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Poodle wrote:Oh - I suppose I'd better answer ...
You see, Omnifraud, people who compose music that other people may want to listen to don't write whopping great treatises about what they are going to do. They simply get on with it. However, having heard bits and bobs of your previous attempts, I'd strongly advise you to take up gardening.
First of all, I'm not trying to fraud anybody. I give all the reasons why I think these tunes I hear in my mind really are great and catchy. Second, I haven't been feeling up to composing yet due to my miserable, unhappy struggles. Therefore, I have instead chosen to write about my composing dream in the meantime until I feel up to learning how to compose. Lastly, my tunes might very well sound awful and that is to be expected at this point.

Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests to these amazing, catchy tunes I hear in my mind, that's not enough in order for music to sound good. So, all you're listening to is the notes and rests to these tunes. But something more is needed to successfully convey the greatness and catchy quality of these tunes and I don't know what that is yet. I have to learn it.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9674
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: My composing dream

Post by TJrandom » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:09 pm

On that gardening - please do it in a blacked out greenhouse... you know, so that your particular fungus doesn`t see the light of day.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Omniverse wrote:... Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests ...
,,, but not, necessarily, in the right order ...

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Poodle wrote:
Omniverse wrote:... Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests ...
,,, but not, necessarily, in the right order ...
If you're implying that the notes and rests of my tunes seem randomly placed, then it's not about that. All that's needed to create a great, catchy tune that conveys any scene or character in your mind is the right notes and rests. For example, if you were to look at the music sheet of some catchy, amazing tunes, the notes and rests might appear random like how I've placed my notes and rests. So, all that's needed to create great, catchy tunes in your mind is inspiration alone. From there, you would have to learn about composing in order to successfully convey said tunes.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: My composing dream

Post by Cadmusteeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 am


Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28685
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:38 am

Omniverse wrote: I give all the reasons why I think these tunes I hear in my mind really are great and catchy.


Real music composers don't think of one melody. They orchestrate and score all the other instruments, and their melodies, as well.

You didn't know that as you have no musical talent and never took a music lesson.

You are simply trolling the forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28685
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Matt MSV troll thread 6302#

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:44 am

Omniverse wrote: For example, if you were to look at the music sheet of some catchy, amazing tunes, the notes and rests might appear random .......
If you look at sheet music you can sight the key the melody is to be played in.

You didn't know that as you have no music talent and can't read sheet music. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Music Keys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: My composing dream

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 am

I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this? How do they know that the real tunes I'm hearing in my mind aren't good and catchy? Again, I've gotten the right notes and rests to these tunes down and am sharing them. But that's not enough to make music sound good for the listener. So, that's why other people shouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that I'm not creating any great, catchy tunes in my head and that I should just give up composing.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:21 pm

That's not jumping to conclusions. We've heard you.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Poodle wrote:That's not jumping to conclusions. We've heard you.
You said my notes were randomly placed. I don't think they are because they do adhere to a key (although, I haven't specified that key signature on the music sheets of my tunes). What's interesting is that the notes of these tunes I'm hearing in my mind do adhere to a key signature and aren't just randomly placed notes. In other words, I can create actual music through instinct alone without even thinking of what notes and rests I should use. Again, I channel emotion and that emotion results in the creation of actual music. But I'm just sharing tunes at this point and not full themes or songs.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 pm

I said no such thing!
Look - if you want to make music, just do it rather than making a mountain out of a molehill. Lots of people do it without all of the agonising. You could even publish it, but I wouldn't recommend you doing that here as the nasty people here (like me) will take the piss out of it.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: My composing dream

Post by Monster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: My composing dream

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Or even MuseScore, which has the advantage of being free. However, it still demands a skillset that I'll guarantee Omnifarce doesn't have and isn't willing to learn.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Well, I'm not expecting to be as great as genius composers such as Bach or Beethoven. I just want to create music that is catchy, memorable, and conveys profound and powerful emotion. For example, if you listen to any catchy song or tune in a popular video game or anime, then that is the type of music I wish to create. As for software, I use MusicScore and FL Studio.
Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Or even MuseScore, which has the advantage of being free. However, it still demands a skillset that I'll guarantee Omnifarce doesn't have and isn't willing to learn.
I'm willing to learn what I need to learn to create good, catchy, memorable music that conveys powerful and profound emotion. I just need to fully regain my positive emotions so that I can feel up to learning how to compose. That's the reason why I'm wasting time here talking in the meantime until my positive emotions fully return back to me.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not. Once I fully convey my tunes, then we can say for sure if they are as great as I say they are or not. But the notes of my tunes do adhere to keys (although, I haven't specified the key signature of these tunes).

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Catchy. You keep using that word.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: My composing dream

Post by Monster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Or even MuseScore, which has the advantage of being free. However, it still demands a skillset that I'll guarantee Omnifarce doesn't have and isn't willing to learn.
I'm willing to learn what I need to learn to create good, catchy, memorable music that conveys powerful and profound emotion. I just need to fully regain my positive emotions so that I can feel up to learning how to compose. That's the reason why I'm wasting time here talking in the meantime until my positive emotions fully return back to me.
A lot of the people on this site are extremely cruel to some users. You believe that the posters on this site will help you in regaining your positive emotions? I don't understand that. Well, if it works for you, then great.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

*post deleted*
Last edited by Omniverse on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9674
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: My composing dream

Post by TJrandom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Poodle wrote:Catchy. You keep using that word.
He has caught us here - responding to rather un-catchy posts. ;)

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5403
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:06 am

Poodle wrote: You keep using that word.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yo ... ORM=VDQVAP
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: My composing dream

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Can't say fairer than that. OK, Omniverse, it's the Conservatoire de Paris or nothing.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
How do you know? I mean, the notes of these tunes are in a key. Again, I haven't specified that key signature though.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: My composing dream

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
How do you know? I mean, the notes of these tunes are in a key. Again, I haven't specified that key signature though.
I know by listening. Your attempts at music have been horrendous, to the point that almost everyone who has heard it has concluded that you are trolling.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
How do you know? I mean, the notes of these tunes are in a key. Again, I haven't specified that key signature though.
I know by listening. Your attempts at music have been horrendous, to the point that almost everyone who has heard it has concluded that you are trolling.
Well, I'm not trolling. I'm in the very beginning stage of trying to convey these great, catchy tunes in my head. At such a stage, yes, it will sound bad and nothing catchy. But, I'm thinking, once I do everything that is needed to convey my tunes, that they will turn out to be something great, catchy, and will convey the scenes I describe.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Oh, do {!#%@} off, Omniverse. You are neither in the beginning (we had to suffer your earlier attempts), nor are you thinking. All you have to do is put your 'tunes' out there so that anyone with ears can listen. Of course, you've already done that - the result was excruciatingly bad. Even the denizens of the Zelda site thought you were a complete nutbag.
There is a tiny (very tiny) possibility that you could actually do something worthy of the term 'musical'. I don't think it will ever happen but, hey, I'm a skeptic - there remains the possibility that you could produce something earth-shattering. Prove us all wrong, eh? I await your submission with comprehensive apathy - I think you are incapable of producing even a jingle for an advertisement. Show us your work or shut up.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Poodle wrote:Oh, do {!#%@} off, Omniverse. You are neither in the beginning (we had to suffer your earlier attempts), nor are you thinking. All you have to do is put your 'tunes' out there so that anyone with ears can listen. Of course, you've already done that - the result was excruciatingly bad. Even the denizens of the Zelda site thought you were a complete nutbag.
There is a tiny (very tiny) possibility that you could actually do something worthy of the term 'musical'. I don't think it will ever happen but, hey, I'm a skeptic - there remains the possibility that you could produce something earth-shattering. Prove us all wrong, eh? I await your submission with comprehensive apathy - I think you are incapable of producing even a jingle for an advertisement. Show us your work or shut up.
I put those tunes up there for others to listen to just in case what I was intending to convey would be conveyed to some people. I see that's not going to happen at this stage and I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind. But you're already drawing the conclusion that the tunes in my mind are crap tunes before I've even fully crafted them and I don't see how you can draw such a conclusion.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28685
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:54 am

Omniverse wrote: I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind.
It's been five years of you not learning how to play or understand basic music. You are simply too lazy and have no talent to learn how to play music.

Go away and stop posting until you have completed a basic piano course.
John Thompson piano.jpg
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/152668012473?chn=ps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:49 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:... It's been five years ...
That's how I can draw my conclusions.

Omniverse
Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:09 am

Re: My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote: I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind.
It's been five years of you not learning how to play or understand basic music. You are simply too lazy and have no talent to learn how to play music.

Go away and stop posting until you have completed a basic piano course.
John Thompson piano.jpg
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/152668012473?chn=ps
Poodle wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:... It's been five years ...
That's how I can draw my conclusions.
I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments. It was a cycle I was in which is the reason why I haven't been learning how to compose for such a long time. Remember, according to my philosophy, positive emotions are the only things that make my life beautiful and worth living. I cannot stand doing my favorite hobbies without my positive emotions which is why I give up on them when I feel miserable.

However, I think I've finally broken free of that cycle. Now, it's just a matter of time waiting for me to fully recover from this recent emotional trauma I've had. I'm doing just fine now and I have to wait a little bit longer for my positive emotions to return back to me on their own.

Once they do, then I'll start learning how to compose since I would be able to have fun and enjoy the whole process. I personally don't think any conclusions as to whether my musical claims are true or not should be drawn when I haven't even gotten the chance to fully craft these tunes.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: My composing dream

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm

“I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments.”
You’ve used this excuse to gain sympathy for years also Omni and no one buys it. You are full of it.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:27 pm

But we can help ...
Doh, a deer, a female deer.
Re, a drop of golden sun ... ...

ALLLLLLLLtogether .....

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23866
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: My composing dream

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:39 pm

:singnew:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Wordbird
Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: My composing dream

Post by Wordbird » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 am

I like Distant Future okay. There's no background instruments, but it's not too bad.

Post Reply