Looking for the most despicable statement by Rash Limpjaw

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: He Who Usually Means Well

Looking for the most despicable statement by Rash Limpjaw

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Of course, this is an open forum, so it goes without saying, people who actually like this waste of oxygen are free to jump in with defense. But I ask for quotations with a verifiable source. My own candidate is sourced by my own ears, some 15 years ago when I was still listening to him. It goes as follows:

"Feminism was invented so that unattractive women could have access to the mainstream."

Understand, the man apparently believes (1) that this statement is true, and (2) that it is a valid reproach to feminism.

Edit: My memory of the quote isn't exact. Here's a more reliable record of what was said:

Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of pop culture
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: Looking for the most despicable statement by Rash Limpjaw

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 pm

On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, “Did you know there’s a White House dog?” Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.
—as reported by Molly Ivins in Lyin' Bully

Politics is what it is, and I've never been a fan of the Clintons' bait-and-switch Third Way neoliberalism, but you don't attack children. That's reprehensible.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:11 pm

I do NOT recommend that anyone read thru these statements... as they might change your mind on humanity and cause you to believe that post-birth abortion should be legal. But if you must....

http://addictinginfo.com/2012/03/08/35- ... gh-quotes/

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:33 pm

I find Rush a waste of time "but"....I do chuckle when hearing "Feminazi" as part of a screed against some activist.

Should I be ashamed?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 pm

TJrandom wrote:I do NOT recommend that anyone read thru these statements... as they might change your mind on humanity and cause you to believe that post-birth abortion should be legal. But if you must....

Can't copy and paste .... so No4: If you could identify a gay gene in your kiddies....50% of gay babies would be aborted and gays would all become pro life.

I don't find anything stupid about that statement except 50% is too low. Hateful????? Totally definitional.

I stopped there... no need to parse such a list.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:45 pm

People do make fun of the Presidents' children. Sometimes they get fired for it:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... -comedians
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:56 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:

I find Rush a waste of time "but"....I do chuckle when hearing "Feminazi" as part of a screed against some activist.

Should I be ashamed?

Nope. It's just a word. I consider myself a feminist and, frankly, there are some feminists I find offensive. Concepts that should never be a part of feminism include misandry, racism, and classism. Besides, using the term "Nazi" toward anyone except an actual Nazi is simply a sign you've lost the argument. :wgrin:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Postby Aztexan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 am

Punching nazis is simply a sign that says you kampf reason with them, am i Reich?
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:05 am

LunaNik wrote:On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, “Did you know there’s a White House dog?” Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who was 13 years old at the time and as far as I know had never done any harm to anyone.
—as reported by Molly Ivins in Lyin' Bully

Politics is what it is, and I've never been a fan of the Clintons' bait-and-switch Third Way neoliberalism, but you don't attack children. That's reprehensible.

Well said! There was one truly despicable joke about Chelsea that Sen. McCain had to apologize for when the word got out that he had repeated it. I didn't hear it on Rude Lamebrain's show, though.
"A general conversion among the boys was once effected by the late excellent Mr. Fletcher: one poor boy only excepted, who unfortunately resisted the influence of the Holy Spirit, for which he was severely flogged; which did not fail of the desired effect, and impressed proper notions of religion on his mind."

James Lackington, Memoirs of the First Forty-five Years of the Life of James Lackington, the Present Bookseller

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:15 am

TJrandom wrote:I do NOT recommend that anyone read thru these statements... as they might change your mind on humanity and cause you to believe that post-birth abortion should be legal. But if you must....

Wow, TJ! You have mopped up the board here. OK folks, discussion over. There's nothing more to be said. (Actually, there probably are a lot more than 35 vicious things that Reich Lamprey has said, but who could stand to read them? I could barely get through that list without vomiting.)

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:

Can't copy and paste .... so No4: If you could identify a gay gene in your kiddies....50% of gay babies would be aborted and gays would all become pro life.

I don't find anything stupid about that statement except 50% is too low. Hateful????? Totally definitional.

I stopped there... no need to parse such a list.

Well, the experience of China showed that when one child is a rule, a lot of female fetuses get aborted, and the consequences for society are not good. Still, the prediction that gays would suddenly become pro-life doesn't follow.

And, let's not nitpick, bobbo. 34 out of 35 on target is pretty good.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Where there only 35 on the list? I really did stop at #4. Seeing how you could agree is just "an exercise."

..............but ............ I don't see how sex selection is related to filtering out "the gay", not to get into Bill Maher territory.

If our society did not like people with square ear lobes, I would select against that. Life is hard enough without having traits that the ignorant and bigoted go after. Gee....I just made an argument for selecting for 100 IQ but good running and passing skills, and to select against red hair even though I kind of like it myself.

Choices.

Always a bitch.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: I could barely get through that list without vomiting.

I could barely click on this topic without fear of doing the same.*

* (Does in no way reflect on the user who posted it!!)
Hi, Io the lurker.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Where there only 35 on the list? ....

I too stopped way before reaching the end of the list - nausea was setting in. But you do realize that there are people who actually like to listen to him, don`t you? Boggles the mind…

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 am

Hi, Io the lurker.

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Surely one of his customers...

Next step: actually subsidizing terror attacks on Iran, North Korea, (Germany?).

But would the US actually support terrorists? Perish the thought! Especially when we have drones....

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:47 am

TJrandom wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Where there only 35 on the list? ....

I too stopped way before reaching the end of the list - nausea was setting in. But you do realize that there are people who actually like to listen to him, don`t you? Boggles the mind…

Ha, ha..........boggles the mind indeed. And for other than voter get out efforts for the RNC, or targeted advertising for discount gun sales ... a list of such people should be secured........for other more important reasons, then used come le Deluge.

Return to “General Discussion”