Was it you?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26362
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Was it you?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:17 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Florida man faces prison time after accidentally shooting himself in the penis
Was it you?
Dead eye Dick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3071
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Was it you?

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:50 am

The Department of Justice on Wednesday filed to forfeit thousands of ancient Iraqi cuneiform tablets and clay bullae, or seals, illegally imported in 2010 by arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby.


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-co ... obby-lobby


was it you?
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
The Department of Justice on Wednesday filed to forfeit thousands of ancient Iraqi cuneiform tablets and clay bullae, or seals, illegally imported in 2010 by arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby.


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-co ... obby-lobby


was it you?

Hobby Slobby owners are very religious. So also being criminals is no surprise.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 am

ElectricMonk wrote:
The Department of Justice on Wednesday filed to forfeit thousands of ancient Iraqi cuneiform tablets and clay bullae, or seals, illegally imported in 2010 by arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby.


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-co ... obby-lobby


was it you?

Oh fer fawk's sakes, what kind of brain dead idiot do you have to be to not know smuggling ancient artifacts out of a warzone is illegal. These people should be lined up against a wall and slapped.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Was it you?

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 am

But... but... but... they were just tile samples....

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm

TJrandom wrote:But... but... but... they were just tile samples....

And tiling the toilet with sacred text from the Quran is just what a devout Christian would do.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Was it you?

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Had they not been caught, they would have been of early bible text, not Quran.... ;)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Was it you?

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:09 am

Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 am

Gord wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:
The Department of Justice on Wednesday filed to forfeit thousands of ancient Iraqi cuneiform tablets and clay bullae, or seals, illegally imported in 2010 by arts and crafts chain Hobby Lobby.


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-co ... obby-lobby


was it you?

Oh fer fawk's sakes, what kind of brain dead idiot do you have to be to not know smuggling ancient artifacts out of a warzone is illegal. These people should be lined up against a wall and slapped with a flail.
Image
FIFY :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Was it you?

Postby TJrandom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:09 am

Or at least with a nine tailed cat....

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Was it you?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:47 pm

TJrandom wrote:Or at least with a nine tailed cat....


Charles L. Dodgson proved that all cats have nine tails.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I've used a flail. You don't want one with multiple heads, they're too hard to control. All you'll do is kill the wrong person (unless it's a suicide attempt, in which case, yeah, multiple heads, do it).

Florida Man Tries to Open Exit Door on Flight to China, Gets Hit With Wine Bottle


https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07 ... 499551086/
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:08 am

Gord wrote:I've used a flail. You don't want one with multiple heads, they're too hard to control. All you'll do is kill the wrong person (unless it's a suicide attempt, in which case, yeah, multiple heads, do it).

Florida Man Tries to Open Exit Door on Flight to China, Gets Hit With Wine Bottle


https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07 ... 499551086/

Florida: Where they got rid of drug dealers by just putting the meth in the water supply. :roll:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Florida Man Shoots Out Tires of an AT&T Truck Outside Home


http://people.com/crime/florida-man-sho ... side-home/
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gord wrote:I've used a flail. You don't want one with multiple heads, they're too hard to control. All you'll do is kill the wrong person (unless it's a suicide attempt, in which case, yeah, multiple heads, do it).

Florida Man Tries to Open Exit Door on Flight to China, Gets Hit With Wine Bottle


https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07 ... 499551086/

Florida: Where they got rid of drug dealers by just putting the meth in the water supply. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRs-7_BsYNc
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:36 pm

A guy from Tallahassee jumped out of a helicopter at about 2,000 ft. AGL. He was screaming that they weren't safe and he needed to get out NOW!

I observed the event from ground level. Those damn things aren't safe!
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Was it you?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 pm

. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3071
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Was it you?

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Animal magnetism?


Awesome!
I believe every word.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Was it you?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:46 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:Animal magnetism?


Awesome!
I believe every word.


The WorldNutDaily doesn't lie!
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:Animal magnetism?


Awesome!
I believe every word.


The WorldNutDaily doesn't lie!

“My girlfriend keeps saying I was gang banged by a bunch of seals. I ain’t no Christian but that is my definition of Hell” he told reporters laughingly, amidst the tragic events.

It's so true I can hardly believe it!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Was it you?

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Gawd, how would you push a merman back into the water without hands and feet? :roll:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:19 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Gawd, how would you push a merman back into the water without hands and feet? :roll:

With a bulldozer.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:48 am

Why does your water not have hands and feet?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Was it you?

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:55 am

Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:26 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Was it you?

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:

You say "glacier", I say "glacier".
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:

You say "glacier", I say "glacier".

It's only glacier when an Italian discovers it.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:

You say "glacier", I say "glacier".

It's only glacier when an Italian discovers it.

And they have many glaciers in la bella Italia?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19634
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Was it you?

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Yup, but they are called gelaterie. (All 900(?) of them...)
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:37 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:

You say "glacier", I say "glacier".

It's only glacier when an Italian discovers it.

And they have many glaciers in la bella Italia?

Did I say that? :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Because it would make it rather uncomfortable releasing it back into the wild. :-P

I love feral water. White water rafting is fun!


Especially when it's frozen. :gum:

You say "glacier", I say "glacier".

It's only glacier when an Italian discovers it.

And they have many glaciers in la bella Italia?

Did I say that? :mrgreen:

Italian ices are nices. Their glaciers not so much.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Was it you?

Postby TJrandom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 am

Canadian polygamous leader found guilty of having 25 wives


Was it you? Maybe it was Gord? ;)

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19455
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:14 am

What did he do the other six days of the month?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Was it you?

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:What did he do the other six days of the month?


He was known as a jackof all trades.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Canadian polygamous leader found guilty of having 25 wives


Was it you? Maybe it was Gord? ;)

No, I don't like it in B.C. Too many tanned people.

Ooh, here we go! This is more like me:

DUI Charge For Manitoba Man On Lawn Mower


https://mytoba.ca/featured/dui-charge-m ... awn-mower/

Now we're talking! "Manitoba Man!" I can just picture the red onesie!

Hmmm, I'll need a mask. Oh my yessss! Perfect!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 am

Now you need a theme song.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7367
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Was it you?

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:46 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Now you need a theme song.


What? You didn`t know?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Was it you?

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:56 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Now you need a theme song.


What? You didn`t know?
Well, don't I feel silly. ;)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29090
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Was it you?

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Now you need a theme song.

What? You didn`t know?

Problematic. "Flash" was my father's nickname in high school, even though his name isn't Gordon.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest