Activist Opportunity: Oppose Naturopath Licensure

Ways and means of promoting skepticism
LindaRosaRN

Activist Opportunity: Oppose Naturopath Licensure

Postby LindaRosaRN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 pm

The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians claims that 11 states will be going after naturopath licensure in 2013.

If you would like to join a group that will be organizing soon to oppose these bills and others that would broaden naturopaths' scope of practice, please write me.

Thanks,
Linda Rosa, RN
Institute for Science in Medicine
comments@scienceinmedicine.org

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: Activist Opportunity: Oppose Naturopath Licensure

Postby fromthehills » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:00 am

Can you share more info here, please?

kota

Re: Activist Opportunity: Oppose Naturopath Licensure

Postby kota » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 am

I would love more information on this topic. Is Oregon one of the states considering licensure? How likely are the proponents to get the bill authorized? What is being done to combat this measure?
Two summers ago I researched the anti-vaccination movement in Southern Oregon. In one city anti-vaccinators state that the number one influence in their decision to not vaccinate their children was the assurance by their Naturopath that all diseases could be cured using their methods. Another researcher was attended a presentation where a naturopath claimed that she could cure anything.
I can see the danger of these individuals gaining the tacit authority of licensure. Please let me know what you intend to do about this issue.

Return to “Skeptical Activism”