Skeptivists

Ways and means of promoting skepticism
dmathers

Skeptivists

Postby dmathers » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 am

I am very passionate about skepticism and not only do I think this is a very valuable tool for myself, but I argue that this is a tool that is beneficial for everyone who uses it and that more people should be skeptical.
I also argue that skepticism should be applied globally. By this i mean that there is no range of beliefs that should be exempt from skeptical thought such as religious or other tradtitional beliefs.

I have started a project which is www.skeptivists.com and I am posting to see if there would be anyone interested in helping out with this project and help create a new website for the promotion of positive skepticism. I understand that there are a few skeptic sites out there and we may have common goals. However I want this site to be a powerful tool in terms of a news aggregator for skepticism and also for providing a lot of material on claims and issues directly related to skepticism as well as raising awareness of other skeptic sites or videos/talks that also promote skepticism.

I invite people to check out the site and inquire about joining up if you feel it may be of interest to you.
I have done most of the work myself so far and have no education in web design so I could use all the help I can get.

Dan

rickoshay85
Veteran Poster

Re: Skeptivists

Postby rickoshay85 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm

dmathers wrote:I am very passionate about skepticism and not only do I think this is a very valuable tool for myself, but I argue that this is a tool that is beneficial for everyone who uses it and that more people should be skeptical.
I also argue that skepticism should be applied globally. By this i mean that there is no range of beliefs that should be exempt from skeptical thought such as religious or other traditional beliefs.

So many things going on in the world that don't make sense that need further investigation it's hard to know where to start. Myself, I only accept things I can prove to myself by my own methods,

No, I'm not just another stubborn critic. I only question bogus processes, discoveries, and claims I'm familiar with.
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO. John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Return to “Skeptical Activism”