Dr Judy Wood: Can anyone debunk her 911 conspiracy theory?

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?

Dr Judy Wood: Can anyone debunk her 911 conspiracy theory?

Post #1  Postby matripley » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:58 am

Dr Judy Wood has a theory that if I told you it would make you laugh, slap your forehed and lay down a big smirking "doh!".  But if you are interested in such things then spend some time on her site, check out the video's on the ytube (the background to the Greg Jenkins one is fascinating).

http://www.drjudywood.com/

Be super-skeptical, not cynical.

namaste

Judy D. Wood is a mechanical engineer with research interests in experimental stress analysis, structural mechanics, optical methods, deformation analysis, and the materials characterization of biomaterials and composite materials. She is a member of the Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), co-founded SEM’s Biological Systems and Materials Division, and currently serves on the SEM Composite Materials Technical Division.

Dr. Wood received her:

B.S. (Civil Engineering, 1981) (Structural Engineering),
M.S (Engineering Mechanics (Applied Physics), 1983), and
Ph.D. (Materials Engineering Science, 1992) from the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Her dissertation involved the development of an experimental method to measure thermal stresses in bimaterial joints. She has taught courses including

Experimental Stress Analysis,
Engineering Mechanics,
Mechanics of Materials (Strength of Materials)
Strength of Materials Testing

From 1999 to 2006 Dr. Wood has been an assistant professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina. Before moving to Clemson she spent three years as a postdoctoral research associate in the Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics at Virginia Tech.

matripley
Poster

Re: Dr Judy Wood: Can anyone debunk her 911 conspiracy theor

Post #2  Postby xouper » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

matripley wrote:Dr Judy Wood: Can anyone debunk her 911 conspiracy theory?

Yes. Is she still alive? Does she still have a website? If so, then there is no government conspiracy as she claims. Else "they" would have "prevented" her from ever disclosing the "truth".

Two, she is a "free energy" crackpot.

Three, she hired incompetent web developers.
xouper
Inactive

Post #3  Postby matripley » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:04 pm

xouper wrote:

Yes. Is she still alive? Does she still have a website? If so, then there is no government conspiracy as she claims. Else "they" would have "prevented" her from ever disclosing the "truth".

Oh Xouper!! (I truly expected more from you, tut tut tut)

I said debunk, not adhominise her, or strawmanise her website development, which is admittedly very very poor.

Try again, but this time focus on the evidence, not the incidentals. Pretend she doesn't exist, the theories and evidence remain.....
matripley
Poster

Post #4  Postby Pyrrho » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:23 pm

The rallying cry of the gullible: "Debunk this, skeptics!"

A fascinating example of "appeal to a truckload of evidence taken out of context." In short, given her field of study, Judy Wood, PhD may be qualified to give opinions on material strength and thermal stress, but she is not necessarily qualified to extend her conclusions about the collapse of the WTC buildings to wild speculations about "Star Wars Energy Weapons".

It is a classic case of dumping a large volume of unsupported speculation and then demanding that someone "debunk" the unsupported speculations. "Evidence" abounds; in order to "debunk" any given conclusion, we'd have to analyze every piece of evidence using strict scientific methods and pristine collections protocols, something which Judy Wood, PhD has not done herself.

Here's how it's supposed to work: Judy Wood, PhD is supposed to collect evidence according to whatever method, and then apply proper scientific analysis. Then she is supposed to present her findings in a carefully written document, in which she explains her methods and provides details of her analysis. Then she provides access to other scientists, who can then conduct their own studies. Then we compare results. If the results are consistent, we can begin to form a theory.

As it stands, what she has is a hypothesis based primarily on her personal incredulity, and has collected a lot of photographs, to which she has applied a lot of "Why?" and "What if?" questions. That is not theory. She's leaped from the starting point to an incredible conclusion that "Star Wars Energy Weapons" were used to demolish the buildings at the World Trade Center.

Sorry, even though bad science is often technically irrefutable because it has been done so poorly that nobody can make heads or tails of it, that doesn't make it true.

It's not that "X = 0", it's that the hypothesis has been so badly supported that no valid answer can be found. You might as well ask us to prove that 2 + 2 doesn't equal antidisestablishmentarianism.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Thanks from:
papasmurf
Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #5  Postby matripley » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Pyrrho wrote:The rallying cry of the gullible: "Debunk this, skeptics!"

Well no, I am a skeptic and have been for twenty years. I can't work out what the errors of evidence or reasoning are in the case of Dr Wood, hence my OP.

It seems you can't either or else I am sure you would actutally tyell us all, rather than just the rather unreasonable insults .

Show me the bad science. Show me the bad reason. Be bigger than petty.

Or leave it to someone else to....
matripley
Poster

Post #6  Postby Martin Brock » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm not interested enough in another 9/11 conspiracy theory to spend a lot of time on it. The well established 9/11 conspiracy theories are damning enough. A band of nefarious politicians within the U.S. government conspired to concoct bogus "evidence" of a "link" between 9/11 and Iraq's fascist dictatorship and further to concoct "evidence" of "weapons of mass destruction", even conspiring to suppress contrary evidence from U.S. intelligence agencies. These conspirators used the resulting hysteria to pump billions of dollars into Halliburton and other organs of the military-industrial complex, with which the conspirators had well established relationships, while killing countless thousands of people and bankrupting the government entrusted to them. Since this conspiracy is well established history, much of which I personally witnessed, why would I want more debatable theories to divert my attention from it?
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Thanks from:
citizenschallenge, Pyrrho
Martin Brock
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post #7  Postby xouper » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:02 pm

matripley wrote:
xouper wrote:

Oh Xouper!! (I truly expected more from you, tut tut tut)

I said debunk, not adhominise her, or strawmanise her website development, which is admittedly very very poor.

Guilty as charged.   :twisted:

matripley wrote:Try again, but this time focus on the evidence, not the incidentals. Pretend she doesn't exist, the theories and evidence remain.....

What theories? What evidence? I saw none on her website.

Maybe I missed the needle in the haystack. If so, then please show me the needle, because I sure as hell don't have enough ambition to go looking for it.
xouper
Inactive

Post #8  Postby KnaveOfHearts » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Ok I'll give it a start. Lets begin with her page on melted cars. First there's no method applied what so ever it's all just speculation. I'm no expert on thermo but she gives no melting points for the metal in the cars and no apparent reason for it.

Then she talks about how far away the cars were. In an emergency situation a priority would be to move debris away from the building and given the amount I would expect a building to cause, seven blocks doesn't seem like such a bad idea of a distance.

As for the damage to the cars. Of course the inside would have heat damage before the outside. I would expect a leather/synthetic seat to damage before metal more so in fire trucks.

Edit: also while perusing her site. The scientific method is never used despite the fact it's a link on her site. She never gives a true hypothesis or addresses conflicting views. From what I can tell she got her PHD from correspondence courses with Virginia Polytech which makes me worry as to her credibility.
"All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other."
— H.P. Lovecraft
KnaveOfHearts
Regular Poster

Post #9  Postby Pyrrho » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:11 pm

matripley wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:The rallying cry of the gullible: "Debunk this, skeptics!"

Well no, I am a skeptic and have been for twenty years. I can't work out what the errors of evidence or reasoning are in the case of Dr Wood, hence my OP.

And I've been a skeptic for 30. Fortunately, that is irrelevant.

One huge fallacy she commits is that of special pleading. The other huge fallacy is her failure to actually examine the physical evidence. She talks about damage caused by alleged Star Wars Energy Weapons without actually having done any scientific work examining the debris itself.
It seems you can't either or else I am sure you would actutally tyell us all, rather than just the rather unreasonable insults .

Show me the bad science. Show me the bad reason. Be bigger than petty.

I did show you the bad science. If you want details, read anything on her site. It's all speculation without direct analysis of the things in the photographs. If you want to troll, I've no time for you.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #10  Postby Blacksamwell » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:26 pm

matripley wrote:Dr Judy Wood has a theory that if I told you it would make you laugh, slap your forehed and lay down a big smirking "doh!".

Does she have a rorschach image that she claims is a map of Antarctica?  'Cause that shiznit was funny.

Otherwise...  *facepalm* "Aw jeeze..."
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #11  Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:48 pm

There seems to be an error in the thread title: the words 'can' and 'anyone' appear to be reversed.   :frown:
In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong with the majority than to be right alone. — John Kenneth Galbraith

Thanks from:
Pyrrho
OlegTheBatty
Uppity Atheist
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post #12  Postby Blacksamwell » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

matripley wrote:Well no, I am a skeptic and have been for twenty years. I can't work out what the errors of evidence or reasoning are in the case of Dr Wood, hence my OP.

If you can't see the fallacies presented on Dr. Wood's page then you don't really deserve to call yourself a skeptic.

All of this has been debunked numerous times to the point where it's very difficult to take your challenge seriously.

What do you find when you review the 9/11 myth debunking sites?
matripley wrote:Show me the bad science. Show me the bad reason. Be bigger than petty.

If you've read Dr. Wood's site, then there you go.  It's all bad science and bad reasoning.  Pick any point she's making, google it, and you'll find the reasons to explain why she's promoting fallacious reasoning.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #13  Postby Gord » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 pm

KnaveOfHearts wrote:Lets begin with her page on melted cars.

What the hell is the purpose of this page, anyway?

Figure 66(c). Did one car run under the other during the event or were they stacked after the event? The marks in the pavement suggest they were pushed to the side of the road.

Uh...what?  One car on top of another.  So?  Yes, the cars were pushed to the side of the road, that's how you open up a lane for traffic.  So what's the point?

Figure 66(k). This Toasted Interior was consumed except for the fire extinguisher.

Yeah, and also except for the plastic water bottle and the folded papers.  *Gasp!*  Those things didn't burn either!  They're magic!

Either that, or they weren't in the car when it burnt, but ended up there afterwards.

Figure 66(o). Why doesn't the paper burn?

It does.  First the wind blows it into the fire.  Then it burns.  However, until it blows into the fire, it is unburnt.

I'm baffled by this page.  What is she trying to say, exactly?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Maybe I'm over estimating the intellijens uv the averaj american" -- JO 753
Gord
up the stairs creepily
Has No Life

Post #14  Postby rrichar911 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Do "Star Wars" type weapons exist?  Yes.  

The old vacuum tube TV shot out electrons at near the speed of light.  Shoot enough of them in a focused beam, and they become a weapon.  

The same thing can be done with protons, which are a lot heavier, and thus are more destructive.  

Lazers can be a weapon.  

Lightning can turn off your electronics, so a large scale magnetic discharge can disable anything electric within range.

etc.  

Were such things used at the WTC?   I don't have the time to read all that stuff.

PS If I were building a missle defense, I would consider a ground based proton beam, and high energy lazers.  Slice the thing up, and my guess is its not going to work.
What really intrest me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the universe ~ Albert Einstein
rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post #15  Postby Blacksamwell » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:54 pm

This one is fun: Judy Wood Debunked in 6 Minutes

The following show how the good Dr. Wood can't hold up under questioning:

Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #16  Postby fromthehills » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks, Sam. Sadly, I made it through the first one. Now I'm going to try to dustify a fork in the micro, before my wife gets home.
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post #17  Postby Blacksamwell » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks from:
Pyrrho, Thylacine
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #18  Postby matripley » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Blacksamwell wrote:In this paper a physicist addresses Dr Wood's claims.

The Overwhelming Implausibility of Using Directed Energy Beams to Demolish the World Trade Center Towers

This is a bit more like it, thank you. What the paper seems to boil down to is that it seems inconceivable to imagine where such energy could come from to cause the required effects. I thought this when reading and watching Dr wood's claims; how can we go from the known existence of military lasers frazzling a missile to the planet busting magnitude required for Dr Wood's claims?

The paper doesn't answer this. One thing about Dr wood's claims is that if true, the world is a different place technologically to that we are presented with. I have no answer to this.

In terms of the other evidence, cars, holes, paper, I don't think the journalof911 paper does much to explain the phenomenon.  (I think that website is great, I wish 911 truthers would read it first)

If those melted cars, upside down amidst the unsinged paper hundreds of meters from GZ really are as described, then this needs explanation more than just "it was rescue workers moving them out of the way".
matripley
Poster

Post #19  Postby Squishua » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 am

rrichar911 wrote:Lazers can be a weapon.

And a ztimulating one at that
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
- H. L. Mencken
Squishua
Invisible Man
Regular Poster

Post #20  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks from:
Pyrrho, Thylacine
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #21  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:41 am

matripley wrote:
Blacksamwell wrote:In this paper a physicist addresses Dr Wood's claims.

The Overwhelming Implausibility of Using Directed Energy Beams to Demolish the World Trade Center Towers

This is a bit more like it, thank you.

Like I've already stated; all of this rubbish has been thoroughly debunked.  If you're not finding the science that shows Dr. Wood's claims are absurd you're not looking.

matripley wrote:What the paper seems to boil down to is that it seems inconceivable to imagine where such energy could come from to cause the required effects. I thought this when reading and watching Dr wood's claims; how can we go from the known existence of military lasers frazzling a missile to the planet busting magnitude required for Dr Wood's claims?

That's part two, yes.  Part one debunks Wood's claims that there are materials missing from the rubble pile.  Part three addresses the charred cars and other phenomena.

matripley wrote:The paper doesn't answer this. One thing about Dr wood's claims is that if true, the world is a different place technologically to that we are presented with. I have no answer to this.

"IF TRUE"...  Here we have the science that shows her claims are exceptionally improbable, in some cases impossible, and I'd go all the way to stating they're purely bogus.  So why even bother attempting to answer?  One may as well state "Yes, but if there ARE magic unicorns than that changes everything."

matripley wrote:In terms of the other evidence, cars, holes, paper, I don't think the journalof911 paper does much to explain the phenomenon.

Did you miss the sections on cars, holes, and paper?  It's all there.  The pertinent stuff starts on page 12.

The "holes" in adjacent buildings are because they suffered partial collapse.  There's no missing material and therefore no need to look for any energy beam vaporization to explain the "holes".

The cars burned.  They do that when they are exposed to fire or sufficient heat.  They contain flammable liquids.  Burning debris was raining down.

The paper blew all over the place.  Lots of it did burn, but paper ash doesn't stick around for long.  What are you looking to explain that isn't covered by the scientific analysis?

matripley wrote:If those melted cars, upside down amidst the unsinged paper hundreds of meters from GZ really are as described, then this needs explanation more than just "it was rescue workers moving them out of the way".

What?  You mean the wind blowing loose paper around after the car fires were extinguished isn't a reasonable explanation in your estimation?

Thanks from:
Pyrrho, Thylacine
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #22  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 am

The claims Dr Wood makes about the burnt cars are nutty as all get out.  I'm not sure why anyone would give her claims the time of day.

I found a nice summary of common sense responses to her nonsense regarding the burned cars here: Really Nutty 9-11 Physics

Thanks from:
Pyrrho, Thylacine
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #23  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Thank you, those who responded without prejudice, ego and belligerence,

I think the overwhelming weight of the debunking does show Dr Wood's claims to fall short of her belief of them. There are still some anomalies and unexplained aspects, at least to me, but in the main I'm sold.

The most curious remaining issue for me is what caused this steal beam to vanish before our eyes?

http://drjudywood.com/articles/DEW/dewpics/Image42.jpg
matripley
Poster

Post #24  Postby KnaveOfHearts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:25 pm

it fell. The time lapse is not given on those photos and the movement of the camera is a giveaway as well. The dust cloud can clearly be seen tipping.
"All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other."
— H.P. Lovecraft
KnaveOfHearts
Regular Poster

Post #25  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 pm

KnaveOfHearts wrote:it fell. The time lapse is not given on those photos and the movement of the camera is a giveaway as well. The dust cloud can clearly be seen tipping.

I agree on the lack of a time metric making it hard to tell, but just looking at the dust cloud, I am not convinced of the explanation. If you are, coolio:)
matripley
Poster

Post #26  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:55 pm

matripley wrote:Thank you, those who responded without prejudice, ego and belligerence,

Interesting, considering this statement in the OP:

Dr Judy Wood has a theory that if I told you it would make you laugh, slap your forehed and lay down a big smirking "doh!".

Why start out that way and then complain about similar responses? You set the tone with that statement.

Sorry, my BS tolerance level is at zero and holding.

Thanks from:
Blacksamwell, xouper
Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #27  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Why start out that way and then complain about similar responses? You set the tone with that statement.

Clearly my tone was freindly and fun. You started with the egotistical agression, as you often do. Lighten up,  none of us are important and this is a forum not a warzone.

Then kindly ignore me from now on and I'll do the same with you, I'm not here to be your ego fodder or make you feel even more superior.
matripley
Poster

Post #28  Postby KnaveOfHearts » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 pm

matripley wrote:I agree on the lack of a time metric making it hard to tell, but just looking at the dust cloud, I am not convinced of the explanation. If you are, coolio:)

Also, given the lack of a time metric any sort of doctoring could have been done to the photo it could just as easily be a fake.
— H.P. Lovecraft
KnaveOfHearts
Regular Poster

Post #29  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

matripley wrote:Thank you, those who responded without prejudice, ego and belligerence,

I think the overwhelming weight of the debunking does show Dr Wood's claims to fall short of her belief of them. There are still some anomalies and unexplained aspects, at least to me, but in the main I'm sold.

The most curious remaining issue for me is what caused this steal beam to vanish before our eyes?

http://drjudywood.com/articles/DEW/dewpics/Image42.jpg

What evidence is there that it is actually vanishing?

Do you notice the 2nd tower collapsing at the left of the frame?  What you are looking at is some still standing wreckage of the 1st tower collapse that is subsequently knocked down by the falling debris from the 2nd tower collapse.  The dust that's left behind isn't vaporized steel, it's merely dust that had settled onto the standing wreckage.  When the wreckage gets knocked down the dust hangs in the air for a moment in the general shape of the structure.

Why would you even attempt to claim it was vaporized steel after reviewing the analysis of the physics and power requirements of any beam weapon?  We've already seen how it's simply impossible and that even if it were possible, the various phenomenon don't fit with what would occur with a powerful directed beam weapon.

For instance, if that steel were vaporized via a beam, the dust itself would then be "blown" by the force of the beam.  If the steel had been turned into dust the resulting cloud would be much larger than what appears in those photos.  Physics shows that it wasn't a beam weapon and that the materials aren't being dustified.

I think it's very telling that you continue to look for unexplained anomalies after the preponderance of evidence clearly shows the cause of the damage was due to the impacts of airplanes, jet fuel fires, and the resulting collapse.  Are you really going to argue that everything but that spire of wreckage fell per the officiate account, but that an impossible beam weapon was used to vaporize a tiny fraction of the standing wreckage or that it was used to zap random parked cars around Manhattan?

Just for fun, why don't you list out any remaining details you feel aren't satisfactorily explained?  Be sure to provide an explanation of the evidence you believe shows that the phenomenon couldn't have happened per the official account.
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #30  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 pm

matripley wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Why start out that way and then complain about similar responses? You set the tone with that statement.

Clearly my tone was freindly and fun. You started with the egotistical agression, as you often do. Lighten up,  none of us are important and this is a forum not a warzone.

Then kindly ignore me from now on and I'll do the same with you, I'm not here to be your ego fodder or make you feel even more superior.

I don't believe there are any rules against expressing astonishment towards blatant and unsupported nonsense nor are there any requirements to mimic your position or tone.

You'll get much better traction by presenting compelling evidence.  It's your tendency to jump to unsupported conclusions that attracts derision.  You mistake the responses you're receiving as put downs.  No one is attacking you.  However they are questioning your unsupported conclusions.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #31  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Blacksamwell wrote:You'll get much better traction by presenting compelling evidence.

How about just chat and debate and chewing the cud on issues that interest us? There is siomply no need for that kind of beligerance. Its lame, it may not be as lame as Dr Wood's evidence, but civility is civilized.

It's your tendency to jump to unsupported conclusions that attracts derision

But why? I am interested by many things discussed here. I am not interested in partaking in sad little masculine ruttings as are so common.

You mistake the responses you're receiving as put downs.

No one is attacking you.  However they are questioning your unsupported conclusions.

No no, I'm not pleading "poor me" here, or even feeling attacked. I want even suggesting cobnclusions, quite the contrary.

it costs nothing to be civil, and even less to be humble. But I suppose men tussle online. I don't
matripley
Poster

Post #32  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Who's been uncivil?

You're getting responses, questions, and presentation of evidence.  The folks here are chatting with you, some are using friendly and fun tones, but it seems that no one agrees with you.  Is that the issue?
Last edited by Blacksamwell on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #33  Postby Blacksamwell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Pyrrho wrote:A fascinating example of "appeal to a truckload of evidence taken out of context." In short, given her field of study, Judy Wood, PhD may be qualified to give opinions on material strength and thermal stress, but she is not necessarily qualified to extend her conclusions about the collapse of the WTC buildings to wild speculations about "Star Wars Energy Weapons".

Indeed.  Dr. Wood's specialty is in regards to the material strength of teeth.
Blacksamwell
Buckfutter
Frequent Poster

Post #34  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Blacksamwell wrote:Who's been uncivil?

You're getting responses, questions, and presentation of evidence.  The folks here are chatting with you, some are using friendly and fun tones, but it seems that no one agrees with you.  Is that the issue?

No, that's not the issue. in fact there is no issue. I am content with the debunking presented, as said and thanked for. As for the lack of civility, if you cant see it above I cant show you.

well wishes
matripley
Poster

Post #35  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:43 pm

matripley wrote:

Special pleading, ad hominem. WHATever.

Chip on your shoulder much? Relax, it's an Internet forum. Right now, someone's trying to hack into user accounts, which is kinda sorta more important to me at the moment.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #36  Postby xouper » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Yer welcome.
xouper
Inactive

Post #37  Postby fromthehills » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Pyrrho wrote: Right now, someone's trying to hack into user accounts, which is kinda sorta more important to me at the moment.

That's what's going on. I wonder why?
fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post #38  Postby matripley » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Chip on your shoulder much?

Chip in your hypothalamus?;)

That's a joke, btw.

Right now, someone's trying to hack into user accounts, which is kinda sorta more important to me at the moment.

Stuxnet?
matripley
Poster

Post #39  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 pm

matripley wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Chip on your shoulder much?

Chip in your hypothalamus?;)

That's a joke, btw.

Right now, someone's trying to hack into user accounts, which is kinda sorta more important to me at the moment.

Stuxnet?

Feh. We're not that big a target.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #40  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 pm

fromthehills wrote:
Pyrrho wrote: Right now, someone's trying to hack into user accounts, which is kinda sorta more important to me at the moment.

That's what's going on. I wonder why?

Probably for the LULZ.

Thanks from:
psychiatry is a scam
Pyrrho
Administrator

Next

Return to Conspiracies