Why do people think conspiracy theorist is a synonymous with "irrational person"?

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Why do people think conspiracy theorist is a synonymous with "irrational person"?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:57 am

gorgeous wrote:people have talked about occult stuff going on at Cern.......talk of contact with non-humans and rituals.... please explain this....

Fake human sacrifice filmed at Cern, with pranking scientists suspected
https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -suspected

They tricked you Gorgeous.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Why do people think conspiracy theorist is a synonymous with "irrational person"?

Postby gorgeous » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:58 am

prove it
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:01 am

gorgeous wrote:sooo....this is normal behavior for scientists...?
Yes. Unlike you, scientists, have great sense of humour. Especially at CERN

"Researchers at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), home of the particle smasher used to discover the Higgs boson particle and other groundbreaking insights into the four fundamental forces (the strong force, the weak force, the electromagnetic force and gravity), reported today (April 1) that they had confirmed the existence of the Force — the supernatural power in the fictional "Star Wars" universe"
http://www.livescience.com/50323-scienc ... ranks.html

Did you fall for that gag also? :lol:

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:47 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:There are 172 bRazillion works of fiction in the marketplace, and still, some people won't recognize one when they see it.

Yeah.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:37 am

Gord wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:There are 172 bRazillion works of fiction in the marketplace, and still, some people won't recognize one when they see it.

Yeah.

Buhzillion has a longer history than Brazillion.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:

Yeah.

I refer to the Dubya joke:

"Mr. President, two Brazilian soldiers were killed yesterday in Iraq."
"Oh my god!... How many is a Brazilian?"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:

Yeah.

I refer to the Dubya joke:

"Mr. President, two Brazilian soldiers were killed yesterday in Iraq."
"Oh my god!... How many is a Brazilian?"

Yeah, I was just pointing out that an alteration isn't a correction.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Eq 1. "If I've told you guys once, I've told you a bazillian times . . ."

From equation 1, it would appear that a bazillion is exactly equal to 1.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:46 pm

wiki------.-----At the Philadelphia Convention, Benjamin Franklin noted that, historically, the removal of "obnoxious" chief executives had been accomplished by assassination. Franklin suggested that a proceduralized mechanism for removal—impeachment—would be preferable.-------------soooo...Franklin basically admitted there are conspiracies in the govt to assassinate presidents to get rid of them.....told ya....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:55 am

gorgeous wrote:soooo...Franklin basically admitted there are conspiracies in the govt to assassinate presidents to get rid of them.....told ya....
You really are a total idiot. Benjamin Franklin point this out as a counter-point, so as to introduce proper impeachment laws in legislation. You are almost 250 years out of date.
http://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/facpub/164/

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 am

nope ...conspiracy

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:13 am

gorgeous wrote:nope ...conspiracy
So which president did Benjamin Franklin assassinate in the future? :lol:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:nope ...conspiracy

So which president did Benjamin Franklin assassinate in the future? :lol:

Trump! Trump! Trump!
#ANDAMOVIE

creamytuna

Postby creamytuna » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:59 am

i don't think the theorists are seen as irrational, pretty sure its the conspiratorialists who require little or no evidence that are seen this way. like my pops. :(

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 am

I fail to see the difference.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:52 am

creamytuna wrote:i don't think the theorists are seen as irrational, pretty sure its the conspiratorialists who require little or no evidence that are seen this way. like my pops. :(

Ever heard of Alex Jones?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:33 am

creamytuna wrote:i don't think the theorists are seen as irrational, pretty sure its the conspiratorialists who require little or no evidence that are seen this way.

But we're talking about conspiracy theorists. These are people who are both conspiratorialists and "theorists" (to use the term in its loosest possible way) at the same time.
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 pm

Gord wrote:
creamytuna wrote:i don't think the theorists are seen as irrational, pretty sure its the conspiratorialists who require little or no evidence that are seen this way.

But we're talking about conspiracy theorists. These are people who are both conspiratorialists and "theorists" (to use the term in its loosest possible way) at the same time.

I suspect some people desire to separate themselves from the image "conspiracy theorists" have gotten. Semantic quibbling to the rescue!

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:08 pm

creamytuna wrote:i don't think the theorists are seen as irrational, pretty sure its the conspiratorialists who require little or no evidence that are seen this way. like my pops. :(

welcome to the forum , new ideas are welcome here ; the regs luv to crush them

soo tell us the story about your pop .

and a what do you think of psychiatry ?
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Finely tuned BS detectors are quite common here.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:44 am

gorgeous wrote:sooo....this is normal behavior for scientists...?

This? What? Posting nonsense? Nope, not at all. Most scientists don`t post nonsense...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Even you, gorgeous - even YOU - must know what lip-synch is. When it's so blatantly obvious, it shouldn't even need you.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:45 pm

explain this one......... -------Marconi Murders - Conspiracy Review

www.conspiracyreview.info/marconi-murders/

Oct 19, 2016 - During the 1980s, at least 22 British scientists and computer engineers died in mysterious circumstances. A common factor linked them all: they ... -------------------During the 1980s, at least 22 British scientists and computer engineers died in mysterious circumstances. A common factor linked them all: they had worked with Marconi Electronic Systems and related companies on top secret defence projects.

It began with Professor Keith Bowden, an employee or Marconi, who died in March 1982 in a car accident. His car ran off a highway at speed and landed on a railway line, which killed him instantly. His death was ruled accidental, after high blood alcohol levels were found during autopsy, however his family insist he had not been drinking that night.

Next was Roger Hill, who died in 1985 as a result of a shotgun blast. His death was ruled a suicide.

A few months later, Jonathan Walsh – who also had links to Marconi – fell from the balcony of his hotel room in West Africa. He had told his family that he was being watched and suspected his life was in danger, which has led to the belief that he more likely was pushed than fell.

In 1986, Vimal Bhagvangi Dajibhai jumped from the Clifton Suspension Bridge into the waters below. He was reportedly found with his trousers around his ankles and a small puncture wound in his buttocks. He was linked to Marconi Underwater Systems, a subsidiary of Marconi Electronic Systems.

A few weeks later, Arshad Sharif apparently tied one end of a rope to a tree and the other around his neck. He then got into his car and stepped on the accelerator. This was also ruled a suicide.

Dr John Brittan almost met his end when his car violently lurched across the road during Christmas 1986. He survived, but was extremely lucky to do so. He was less lucky a few weeks later though when he was found dead in his garage, a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Richard Pugh also died in 1987. He worked for the Ministry of Defence and was found with a plastic bag over his head, rope tied around his body and his feet bound.

Avtar Singh-Gilda worked on a number of Marconi projects disappeared from his home on the same night that John Brittan died. He turned up in Paris fifteen weeks later with no memory of where he had been or what he had done in that period of time.

Mark Wisner worked for the Ministry of Defence and was found dead in 1987 with a plastic sack on his head and clingfilm wrapped around his face.

Peter Peapell, who had consulted on a number of Marconi projects, also died in 1987. He was another victim of carbon monoxide in his garage.

Then Marconi engineer David Skeels was found dead in exactly the same circumstances.

Victor Moore was another Marconi employee who died in 1987, reportedly of a drug overdose.

Also in 1981, David Sands – who had a working relationship with Marconi – killed himself. He loaded his car with containers of gas and drove at high speed into an empty restaurant, causing a fatal explosion.

Stuart Gooding died also in 1987 when his car ran head-on into a truck in Cyprus.

On the same day, David Greenhalgh died after falling from a railway bridge at Maidenhead, Berkshire. He was working on the same project as Stuart Gooding.

A week later, Shani Warren – who worked for a company that had just been taken over by Marconi – was found dead in 1.5 foot of water with a gag in her mouth, her feet bound and hands tied behind her back. Her death was ruled a suicide.

Michael Baker died in May 1987 in a car accident in Dorset. He worked for Plessey who became part of British Aerospace when they combined with Marconi.

Carbon monoxide poisoning claimed another victim 10 months later when Trevor Knight – who worked for Marconi Space & Defence Systems – died in his garage.

Frank Jennings, who worked for Plessey, died of a heart attack in 1987. No inquest was held.

Brigadier Peter Ferry (who worked for Marconi) died from electrocution in 1988. It was ruled a suicide.

Alistair Beckham, who worked for Plessey, died in the same way during the same year.

Malcolm Puddy died in 1991. He worked for Marconi where he’d told bosses that he’d found something amazing. Within a day, he was found dead in a canal near his home.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm

In the late 80s and early 90s, I (that's me, gorgeous) worked on a Marconi defence project. I'm not, as far as I know, dead.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Poodle wrote:In the late 80s and early 90s, I (that's me, gorgeous) worked on a Marconi defence project. I'm not, as far as I know, dead.

Maybe you're having the most awesomely fabulous NDE evar!
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Poodle wrote:In the late 80s and early 90s, I (that's me, gorgeous) worked on a Marconi defence project. I'm not, as far as I know, dead.

---------------what about all the others?....I know...just a 'coincidence' 22 times...

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Never met any of 'em. Odd, that, don't you think? I mean, isn't it amazing that from a scientific and engineering staff of a couple of thousand, I never ran into a single one of these 22 people? Ignore the fact that I had only (roughly) a 1 in 100 chance of tripping over any one of them even randomly.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 am

I worked on a macaroni defence project when I was a kid.

If I didn't defend my macaroni, my siblings would eat it.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 am

gorgeous wrote:---------------what about all the others?....I know...just a 'coincidence' 22 times...

Gorgeous? How many workers worked at Marconi during this period? How do you know that this is an unusual percentage of deaths compared to any other company?

You forgot about that didn't you?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 am

Double post

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 am

If we wait long enough - every Marconi worker will have died - big (bigly?) scandal....

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 pm

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 pm

bigly----is really big league...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Yeah, and "success" is "They wouldn't let me!"
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:32 am

33 Unanswered Questions on Sandy Hook's 3rd Anniversary

www.activistpost.com › Activism

Dec 14, 2015 - As Sandy Hook's 3rd anniversary arrives, here are 33 reasons to ... of truth and freedom, from exposing aspects of the global conspiracy to ...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 am

gorgeous wrote:HELP ME!!!

Sure. Here ya go.
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 am

stalking me eh?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 am

gorgeous wrote:stalking me eh?

I really think you should try it: http://finder.psychiatry.org/
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 am

another fan....

Return to “Conspiracies”