Atheists are idiots

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Atheists are idiots

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:44 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:Actually Bobbo, atheists in general are more moral than religious people. So no, my strong moral principles do NOT make me religious.
You just don't understand clear simple English................and evidently, Tj is not far behind (Ungrounded Hostility by Munchhausen). My comment is not on WHAT you think (tenets or aka: principles and even morals and moral principles) BUT RATHER: THE WAY YOU THINK. Two different things.

The way you think: more or less flexible, more or less open to new ideas, having more than one way to express an idea...etc. A whole complex of interactive more or less habits of thinking and emoting and interacting....

I know....... too subtle.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:Conscious experience has a huge roll in Evolution.
Evolution was already working for 2.8 billion years before the first animal evolved on Earth, 500 million years ago. Do you have any evidence there was a conscious life form on Earth before animals evolved?

You forgot to mention to everyone that you are religious, refuse to read any science papers and don't know what either the big bang or evolution actually are.
SteveKlinko wrote: (Human)Consciousness might have existed prior to the Big Bang and might have even been the cause of the Big Bang.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27982&start=1160#p638858
SteveKlinko wrote:The Evolution of life on this Planet is probably directly driven by (human) Conscious experience.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27982&start=1160#p638858

Go post on a religious forum.
what the {!#%@} he means by conscious experience? I bet anyone here he is another neo advaita cult follower
:paladin:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:32 am

mirror93 wrote: what the {!#%@} he means by conscious experience? I bet anyone here he is another neo advaita cult follower
Nope. Steve Klinko is a just another religious person who is pretending to "use science" to prove god exists.

He is funnier than most of the others because he doesn't know anything about basic science. That's why he has made up his own bogus scientific jargon such as "conscious experience". He cannot cope with arguments about evolution, that destroy his claims, because he has never thought Earth was more than 6000 years old anyway.
:D

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
mirror93 wrote: what the {!#%@} he means by conscious experience? I bet anyone here he is another neo advaita cult follower
Nope. Steve Klinko is a just another religious person who is pretending to "use science" to prove god exists.

He is funnier than most of the others because he doesn't know anything about basic science. That's why he has made up his own bogus scientific jargon such as "conscious experience". He cannot cope with arguments about evolution, that destroy his claims, because he has never thought Earth was more than 6000 years old anyway.
And yet, plenty of evolving can occur in 6k years.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

as if his "conscious'' 'experience" theory would prove god :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mirror93 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster

Post by SteveKlinko » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:51 pm

The nonsense about what I believe and what I know in the above tirades actually made me laugh. Visit http://TheInterMind.com to see what The Inter Mind Model of Consciousness is all about.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:05 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Look what we've done to dogs in a few hundred.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

:nsfw: I assume?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

:nsfw: I assume?
Umm . . . morphology, Gord. Morphology.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

morphology: The branch of biology that deals with the structure of animals and plants.

Yes, thats exactly what Gord said. Did you misremember the wrong word?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster

Post by SteveKlinko » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:58 am

If the people that have been writing these Tirades about what I know and believe are Atheists then I'm beginning to think that Atheists are in fact Idiots. They certainly are Liars. But I guess they are at least entertaining. What I know and believe can be found at: http://TheInterMind.com

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Can we at least agree that some atheists are idiots?

Not moi of course ... :mrgreen:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Everybody's life is a jigsaw puzzle, and their "atheism" piece is shaped differently from everybody else's. Blanket statements about "what atheists are" is, therefore, invalid.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Atheism is like a ouija board
No wait, it's like a deck of cards
It's more like a chessboard
Yahtzee?
trump is Putin's bitch

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Candyland. ;)
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Aztexan wrote: ... Yahtzee?
No-God does not play dice with the universe.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:47 pm

That's because he created a pair of dice so heavy, he can't throw them.
trump is Putin's bitch

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Non-stamp-collectors are idiots.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Non-cobweb collectors are motile.

AmeliaMichelle
Poster
Custom Title: And Or Theory

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:52 pm

The faith of an atheist: I can't pretend my line of sight is anywhere below that line of water.

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Is Knowledge still considered by so many atheists a separate field?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Know any good recipes?
trump is Putin's bitch

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:47 pm

AmeliaMichelle wrote:Is Knowledge still considered by so many atheists a separate field?
which of these religious new agers are you a suckpuppet of?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:18 pm

The new age religion that prohibits prepositions from sentences being ended with?
trump is Putin's bitch

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Just wondering about separate fields and dimensions, we've put so many names to these concepts?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:12 am

AmeliaMichelle wrote:Just wondering about separate fields and dimensions, we've put so many names to these concepts?
You are posting incoherent sentences on our science based forum. Do you have a coherent claim you wish to make?

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 pm

coherently, (nice one), I was wondering how many atheist believe in a separate field of knowledge...

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 pm

We believe in 3.6 separately distinct yet identically exact fields but you must purchase this knowledge for three easy payments of $199.99USD. We have an account set up in one of these fields thus no one has access to the funds, even us. In fact, at our last meeting, our passwords were rendered meaningless due to the fact that we didn't consider the reality/time/distance change and our treasurer left handbook on the desk in that alternate existence and that's why we all rarely gather in one place, because we're confused and just winging it.
trump is Putin's bitch

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 pm

This was part of the Atheist++ (remember them?) proselytizing effort. :P

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 am

AmeliaMichelle wrote:coherently, (nice one), I was wondering how many atheist believe in a separate field of knowledge...
... "believe in a separate field of knowledge...." compared to what? :?:

If I were to set out a scientific hypothesis for testing, it might be comprised of hard physics, units of measurement, and use previously tested elements of knowledge from earlier experiments. Are you suggesting there is some sort of separate field of knowledge that stands alone from other fields of knowledge?

Additionally, before I waste my time : Do you actually know what the scientific method is?

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I wasn't trying to compare fields to other fields, to have 'tested' fields mathematically in symbolism that works for us for short periods of time and that limit such fields according to symbolism and popular use aren't as useful and specific as maybe we think. beyond even that, there are many mathematical principles that demand the idea of an entirely separate field; to have limits upon one field, there must be some sort of comparison from others or a 'single' field. which I find interesting.
you're...wasting your time, then. additionally.
(t-dx/additions and subtractions. good luck, and only alternative mathematical symbols will be accepted, minus roman numerals and without any numerical inference.
isn't a common suggestion that there may be a 'unified field' or that if knowledge can stand alone it must also have collective or continuers?

AmeliaMichelle
Poster

Post by AmeliaMichelle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Aztexan wrote:We believe in 3.6 separately distinct yet identically exact fields but you must purchase this knowledge for three easy payments of $199.99USD. We have an account set up in one of these fields thus no one has access to the funds, even us. In fact, at our last meeting, our passwords were rendered meaningless due to the fact that we didn't consider the reality/time/distance change and our treasurer left handbook on the desk in that alternate existence and that's why we all rarely gather in one place, because we're confused and just winging it.

oh good, I don't have a proper ratio for the rate.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Round up
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:59 am

AmeliaMichelle wrote: I was wondering how many atheist believe in a separate field of knowledge...
Matthew Ellard wrote:... "believe in a separate field of knowledge...." compared to what? :?:
AmeliaMichelle wrote:I wasn't trying to compare fields to other fields,....
That's right. You asked a question about atheists and fields of knowledge, that was incoherent. When questioned as to WTF you are talking about, you posted more gibberish, now about symbols.

Can you express your claim in coherent English that other normal people can follow?

gebobs

Post by gebobs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:40 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Conscious experience has a huge rollin Evolution. Pain and Pleasure (Conscious experiences) have influenced Evolution from the first time a Neuron fired in the most primitive organism. The goal is to seek out the Pleasure and avoid the Pain. This is a different thing than simple Natural Selection, if that was what you were saying has no goal. The Conscious influence is outside the realm of basic Physics. Basic Physics cannot explain Conscious experience, even though it might someday. To categorically say that Evolution has no goal is presuming more understanding than Science has today.
Not even wrong. Evolution does not happen at the level of the individual. It works at the population level. Ergo, conscious experience does not have a "huge roll (sic) in Evolution". It's role in evolution would be negligible, infinitesimal even.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:35 pm

It's the individuals who evolve, mutations in single organisms. If they pass on their genes the species as a whole reflects that evolution.

gebobs

Post by gebobs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:It's the individuals who evolve, mutations in single organisms. If they pass on their genes the species as a whole reflects that evolution.
Negative. Mutations happen at the individual level but variation within populations is the norm and not the specific vehicle for evolution, just one aspect of the entire machine. You may as well say that the carburetor is what you drive to work each day.

Here's an apt metaphor that I heard. If you pick marbles of various colors and keep only the red ones, is it the marbles that have changed or your selection of marbles?

Evolution, the change in the genotype of a species, only occurs at the population level.

Regardless, personal consciousness doesn't have anything to do with mutations either. That's Lamarckian nonsense.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Consciousness can influence evolution, albeit indirectly. When an organism chooses to move into a new environment, it can impact the alleles which are selected for.

gebobs

Post by gebobs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:Consciousness can influence evolution, albeit indirectly. When an organism chooses to move into a new environment, it can impact the alleles which are selected for.
You might ass well say that consciousness influences the orbit of the moon. When I moved from Buffalo to Atlanta, that changed the center of gravity of the Earth and thus the orbit of the moon.

Regardless, the claim was that consciousness has a "huge roll (sic) in Evolution". That's utter rot. The effect of any conscious decision by any individual on the evolution of a population would be infinitesimal, like looking for a Planck length needle in a galactic haystack.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm

gebobs wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:It's the individuals who evolve, mutations in single organisms. If they pass on their genes the species as a whole reflects that evolution.
Negative. Mutations happen at the individual level but variation within populations is the norm and not the specific vehicle for evolution, just one aspect of the entire machine. You may as well say that the carburetor is what you drive to work each day.

Here's an apt metaphor that I heard. If you pick marbles of various colors and keep only the red ones, is it the marbles that have changed or your selection of marbles?

Evolution, the change in the genotype of a species, only occurs at the population level.

Regardless, personal consciousness doesn't have anything to do with mutations either. That's Lamarckian nonsense.
I think you evolved with your head up your ass.