call for debaters

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Re: call for debaters

Postby JO 753 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Excellent. Jo 753 will now set out the visual eyewitnesses for the Washington 1952 UFO flap and what they saw. I will add their locations, That's what I have been waiting for. :D

Dont hold your breth. I'm still in recovery mode and I got work to do. With alot uv luck I'll be able to get enuf work to avoid ending up living in a van down by the river.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

TEnginist
Poster

Postby TEnginist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 am

Poodle wrote:Here's what I've learned so far...
1. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life.
2. There is no evidence whatsoever against the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life.
3. Neither the Truth Engine method nor formal debate will alter points 1 and 2 above.
4. Using either of those methods, not a single person will be persuaded to change long-held beliefs.
5. Some people do not understand the laws of copyright.

an interesting list. 4 becomes false if you take "long-held" out of the sentence, and that makes debate worthwhile. (And, of course I disagree with 1).

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 am

JO 753 wrote:...With alot uv luck I'll be able to get enuf work to avoid ending up living in a van down by the river.

Must you mock everything I do?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 pm

I've restored bobbo's permissions. Sorry for the delay.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 am

Too late. He'z ded.

A snippy respons he had went stale, forming a clot, wich popped an anyuerizm in hiz frontal lobe.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am

I wasn't all the way dead.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 am

I hadn't forgotten. I just kept looking at my avatar at the wrong moment.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:04 am

O wait. There he iz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Bart Stewart
Regular Poster

Postby Bart Stewart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:28 am

TEnginist wrote:The mission of our new Truth Engine Institute is to promote reason. Our main work will be to create and maintain a living Encyclopedia of Controversy. We envision that this encyclopedia will eventually comprise a large number of books-of-best-arguments pro and con, each on a different topic . . .

Might you be interested in participating in our debates? We will not be able to pay you, but we will make sure that you will have the opportunity to promote your website, book or activities.

Richard Crist, Ph.D. (my degree is in philosophy)

I didn't see a link to contact you. I don't know if I can get videos made, but I can write.

If it is not massively time-consuming I might be interested. Post the contact information.

Thanks.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:58 am

Bart Stewart wrote: I didn't see a link to contact you. I don't know if I can get videos made, but I can write. If it is not massively time-consuming I might be interested. Post the contact information. Thanks.

Hi Bart. It's Matthew here. I suggest you first read this page from Richard Crist's Truth Engine Books website.
http://www.truthenginebook.com/

I then suggest you read this page where Richard Crist acquires copyright in your contributions and consider what that means concerning editing.
http://www.truthenginebook.com/logos.html

I then suggest you read his 16 pages of "rules"
Basic Guide (2 pages)
http://www.truthenginebook.com/guide1.html
MASTERSHIP GUIDE (13 pages)

TEnginist
Poster

Postby TEnginist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:05 am

Bart Stewart wrote:If it is not massively time-consuming I might be interested. Post the contact information.

You can contact me at rcrist@truthenginebook.com. Right now, we're mostly looking for people who would enjoy debating on the skeptical side of the UFO controversy, but I would very much welcome any kind of participation.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Wut do you think uv the Dulce story TEng?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_Base
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TEnginist
Poster

Postby TEnginist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 pm

JO 753 wrote:Wut do you think uv the Dulce story TEng?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_Base

I don't know much about it, JO. I've always had the impression that there's nothing to the story--but I admit it's not a well-informed opinion.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 pm

For lovers of total bull-shit

Wikipedia : Dulce Base is an alleged joint human and alien underground facility under Archuleta Mesa on the Colorado-New Mexico border near the town of Dulce, New Mexico, in the United States. Claims of alien activity there first arose from Albuquerque businessman Paul Bennewitz

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:40 pm

I got the impression that its for bleevrz, but thats possibly due to my own bias. The storyz are too far out for me - missing children, grotesk medical experiments, battlez with the military.

Therez a show in rerun syndication called Unsealed alien filez thats made for UFO fanz. It iz prezented in a sensationalistic style intended to amaze & alarm az much az possible. To a skeptic, its comedy. The fast pased video sene chanjez are a sloppy malanj uv fake footaj that often haz nothing to do with the narration. Every computer animated alien clip finishez with BLAM az the imaj goez negativ exposure to drive home the narratorz terrifying statement.

If it wuz sumwunz only sours uv info, it woud be impossible to seperate the real storyz from the total fabricationz.

The problem iz how do any uv us know where to draw the line on wut we are willing to aksept, even tentatively?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:00 am

JO 753 wrote:The problem iz how do any uv us know where to draw the line on wut we are willing to aksept, even tentatively?
The fist step would be for you to set out what you are actually claiming ( The hypothesis) and then gather facts that support or falsify that hypothesis. The secret alien and human underground UFO base at Dulce makes no sense at all.

You and every UFO believer, can walk over every inch of Dulce Mesa to find the secret entrances and yet none of you have bothered.
Dulce.jpg

You and every UFO believer could have asked Paul Bennewitz for his evidence as he was the person who made the Dulce Mesa story up, but none of you bothered. (In reality Bennewitz was claiming the secret transmissions from the base were being sent direct into his brain so he had no evidence to provide)

Indeed, if any of you bothered to do any work at all, you would have worked out that Paul Bennewitz was a businessman charging $15 for his report "when completed" who was simply scamming UFO believers.

The Joke
Does anyone else get this joke? It's an underground base for flying saucers with no exits and UFO believers still fell for it.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 am

Dont blame me! I just herd uv this 2 dayz ago and wuz 95% skeptical uv it. After reading about the orijin uv the storyz, I'm at 100%.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:48 am

JO 753 wrote:Dont blame me! I just herd uv this 2 dayz ago and wuz 95% skeptical uv it. After reading about the orijin uv the storyz, I'm at 100%.
Fair enough. :D

You have to admit though it was a very witty UFO claim. An underground base for flying objects with no exits or entrances.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:21 am

Its kinda funny, but we've grown up watching misslez, jets and spase ships emerjing from the ground in fact and fiction, so its not likely to trigger any skeptisizm in most peepl.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
JO 753 wrote:Dont blame me! I just herd uv this 2 dayz ago and wuz 95% skeptical uv it. After reading about the orijin uv the storyz, I'm at 100%.
Fair enough. :D

You have to admit though it was a very witty UFO claim. An underground base for flying objects with no exits or entrances.

Didn't you know that UFO's can teleport?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:24 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:Didn't you know that UFO's can teleport?
Well I did light up a huge dooby, lean back in my chair and thought about that............whooooaaa man.........and I reached the following "conclusions"

If it were a mixed human and alien underground base for alien UFOs, and if there are no exits, then the aliens must teleport the humans in and out of the mountain. But that would mean that the aliens would also have to teleport in all the food and teleport out all the human garbage and poo. I think it is unlikely that aliens would come all the way to earth to teleport poo for humans.

Secondly, if the aliens can teleport, why bother with a mountain? Would a normal plain be even less conspicuous? What about underneath the local garbage dump?

Thirdly, if the aliens can teleport and don't need spaceships............then why in hell do they have a secret underground spaceship port if they don't need spaceships. :D

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:Didn't you know that UFO's can teleport?
Well I did light up a huge dooby, lean back in my chair and thought about that............whooooaaa man.........and I reached the following "conclusions"

If it were a mixed human and alien underground base for alien UFOs, and if there are no exits, then the aliens must teleport the humans in and out of the mountain. But that would mean that the aliens would also have to teleport in all the food and teleport out all the human garbage and poo. I think it is unlikely that aliens would come all the way to earth to teleport poo for humans.

Secondly, if the aliens can teleport, why bother with a mountain? Would a normal plain be even less conspicuous? What about underneath the local garbage dump?

Thirdly, if the aliens can teleport and don't need spaceships............then why in hell do they have a secret underground spaceship port if they don't need spaceships. :D

Of course they need spaceships. The Enterprise still needed to be something in order to house and power the transporter. So, it was a starship.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”