Defending Reincarnation

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby gorgeous » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 pm

it is fact ---------seth--“You will reincarnate whether or not you believe that you will. It is much easier if your theories fit reality; but if they do not, you will not change the nature of reincarnation one iota.” (From the book: THE SETH MATERIAL
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 pm

gorgeous wrote:it is fact ---------seth--“You will reincarnate whether or not you believe that you will. It is much easier if your theories fit reality; but if they do not, you will not change the nature of reincarnation one iota.” (From the book: THE SETH MATERIAL

Consciousness is the fact, not its forms. There will be another idea or form if you like that this consciousness will identify with. It cannot be called reincarnation because it is not the same person that is born again it is just another idea that you the consciousness has and identifies with. How can the brain recognise anything other than that which is in the present? You are not the idea, you are the fact. Consciousness does not die because it was never born.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Confidencia wrote:There is nothing that you can experience that is real.
No. You don't believe your own religious bull-shit.

You make posts on our forum with your expectation that we will read them. Therefore your religious claim "nothing is real" self debunks itself the moment you made that post.

The depth of your ongoing hypocrisy is enormous. You changed your forum name, numerous times, from Shaka, to Clarifyit4me and so on, out of embarrassment for your conflicting previous posts, as you know they are real and we can all see them.

You are simply a sad lonely person, who seeks attention from skeptics.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:24 pm

gorgeous wrote:it is fact ---------seth--“
Gorgeous? Did you forget from last week? Seth was a 1960's fictional invented character by an alcoholic clairvoyant called Jane Roberts. Every "Seth Prediction" failed.

Jane Roberts as Seth, said in 1973, that "the continents would rise from the oceans in 2000" and nothing happened.

Can you name one prediction that Jane Roberts or "Seth" got right?

dung Gorgeous.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zealous

Postby Zealous » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 am

The problems trying to explain reincarnation are very tall mountains to overcome. For one thing, if souls are immaterial, they must therefore be capable of faster the light travel because they have no mass and are not composed of subatomic particles. Why then does no one ever remember their previous life in the Zeta Reticuli star cluster? Why are immaterial souls bound to the planet Earth?

If souls are bound to this planet, or coupled to it, souls must therefore have an element of materiality to them and are not immaterially composed of 'nothing' and must therefore have mass.

Nonetheless I was once showing a magazine to a pre-two year old relative and my little relative saw a piece of art composed of a couple of decorative masks, pointed and shouted "Buddha! Buddha!" I asked him what is that, and again his eyes lit up in happiness and pointed and shouted "Buddha!" I didn't let it go. I pointed out other things in the magazine and would ask what is it and got nothing but an uninterested toddler. If I went back to the picture in question, it was "Buddha". Obviously I am spelling Buddha correctly whereas the toddler simply shouted it.

That was one of those things in life that you never forget. We were not Buddhists and the child I can promise you had never heard the word Buddha mentioned in the household. Just FYI, I was probably 18 or 19 and therefore not a child.

The problems in explaining reincarnation scientifically are just so many and so irreconcilable with logic..... Its likely a waste of time to try and presume it exists and then to try and dissect it with the scientific method.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 am

Zealous wrote:The problems trying to explain reincarnation are very tall mountains to overcome. For one thing, if souls are immaterial,
There is no evidence for a soul at all. It is a legacy myth from religious fiction.

Try define a soul for us and list its characteristics and abilities. You can't can you?

Do you know why? (Hint : What brand of tobacco did Sherlock Holmes, the fictional character, use? )

Zealous

Postby Zealous » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Zealous wrote:The problems trying to explain reincarnation are very tall mountains to overcome. For one thing, if souls are immaterial,
There is no evidence for a soul at all. It is a legacy myth from religious fiction.

Try define a soul for us and list its characteristics and abilities. You can't can you?

Do you know why? (Hint : What brand of tobacco did Sherlock Holmes, the fictional character, use? )

You need to go back an reread my post before you start firing questions like that. Point out in my post where I said I believe in a soul? I don't think you can because I didn't say that.

So please go back and READ what I wrote and not your superposition of what you want to pretend that I said.

Oh wait, you have 26000 posts. You poor man...

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:23 am

Zealous wrote: You need to go back an reread my post before you start firing questions like that.

I did. You proposed a question about whether souls are bound to earth or not. That is a stupid as wondering if Snoppy's dog house is Jet propelled or propeller driven. They are stories from fictional literature. :lol:

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 am

Sorry Matthew, but after reading all this BS, I have to say something.

"How To Write an hypothesis", not "a hypothesis".

This surely shows how bored and turned off I am on this thread. I don't even know why I have responded. Maybe it bores me so much that I have to say something. Bobbo, you know exactly what I mean.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am

Yep. sometimes, nothing is all we've got.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm

it's real....between physical lives you have a non-physical body, in the non-physical dimensions you hang out with friends /family/former animals, can take classes on any subject, get counseling on next life and improving your behavior ,assist others when they are out of body or recently dead, explain the 'ropes' to them, help them meet with family, can learn to travel to other dimensions for experiences, can assist those on Earth...or just relax from a difficult life... wiki------The astral plane, also called the astral world, is a plane of existence postulated by classical (particularly neo-Platonic), medieval, oriental, and esoteric philosophies and mystery religions.[1] It is the world of the celestial spheres, crossed by the soul in its astral body on the way to being born and after death, and is generally believed to be populated by angels, spirits or other immaterial beings.[2] ------------------and there are people shocked to learn they have lived on other planets and have been non-human....some learn it from being regressed, some from a nde...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 pm

gorgeous wrote:it's real....between physical lives you have a non-physical body,

I stopped reading right there. bodies are PHYSICAL. Crap to say otherwise. I'll leave the details........ to you.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:15 pm

wrong.....we have a physical body, astral body, etheric body...maybe another one...only one is physical...the astral body is the body of desires and passions is related to the astral dimension...the etheric body contains all your life memories and experiences..when you have a shock it will often release the life memories from the etheric body---'my life flashed before my eyes'....some astral and etheric bodies of very highly evolved souls are preserved and used for incarnating highly evolved teachers on earth....normally they will dissolve after a life as the physical body does... ------------------The Principle of Spiritual Economy - Rudolf Steiner Archive

wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA109/English/AP1986/PrSpEc_index.html

-----------They reveal one aspect of how humanity has been guided spiritually throughout history: the etheric and astral bodies of great Initiates and avatars were preserved, duplicated, and woven into leading personalities of history. Steiner gives numerous examples of this process but says that such inspired people are now a rarity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

gorgeous wrote:wrong.....we have a physical body, astral body, etheric body...

No Gorgeous. Prove us wrong by joining an astral forum and going away.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:11 pm

ThinkingJim wrote:I want to defend the claim that reincarnation is real. Someone give me counter-evidence or a counter-argument, if you can, make it the ones you believe in.

you die you dead... show evidence of someone who died and got back, for the soul evidence, there is no physical evidence now if u want to talk about immaterial theories go to another forum cuz that has nothing to do with physics or science, i think ur arguing for dualism or whatever , go to a philosophy forum
Last edited by mirror93 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Confidencia wrote:
ThinkingJim wrote:I want to defend the claim that reincarnation is real. Someone give me counter-evidence or a counter-argument, if you can, make it the ones you believe in.

There is nothing that you can experience that is real. The mind is as false as the ideas that it conjures up. As for reincarnation there is no argument counter or otherwise. Reincarnation is a belief, a matter of opinion; it is not a fact. There is no proof for it and even if there were the evidence would be very flimsy. The fact of the matter is nobody or nothing dies in the real sense of the word or is even born for that matter. People and things simply appear and disappear. Ideas are born and it is the idea that dies nothing else. You have an idea about yourself, that idea that you have about yourself is what dies, not you. Reincarnation can easily be dismissed as mere make believe or wishful thinking. Find out what what you are in reality and you will find the answers to your questions about reincarnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1TTyp6DWc&t=38s

Confidencia
Poster

Postby Confidencia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:19 am

mirror93 wrote:

you die you dead... show evidence of someone who died and got back, for the soul evidence, there is no physical evidence now if u want to talk about immaterial theories go to another forum cuz that has nothing to do with physics or science, i think ur arguing for dualism or whatever , go to a philosophy forum

This is both true and false, but the fact of the matter is unless the immaterial is there, there is no scope for anything material. End of, point simple, point blank.
Nobody dies and comes back, the soul is just another illusion along with the rest of your ideas.
Whether philosophical or scientific all thoughts emanate from that which is unthinkable.

Try exercising some intelligence mirror93

Btw,if you are going to post YouTube vids try not to post the ones that are narrated by hill billies.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 am

Confidencia wrote:Nobody dies and comes back,
Confidencia Movie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Nobody dies and comes back,
Confidencia Movie.jpg

LMFAO
Last edited by mirror93 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirror93
Poster

Postby mirror93 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Confidencia wrote:
mirror93 wrote:

This is both true and false, but the fact of the matter is unless the immaterial is there, there is no scope for anything material. End of, point simple, point blank.
Nobody dies and comes back, the soul is just another illusion along with the rest of your ideas.
Whether philosophical or scientific all thoughts emanate from that which is unthinkable.

Try exercising some intelligence mirror93

Btw,if you are going to post YouTube vids try not to post the ones that are narrated by hill billies.

srsly, your computer is not material?

" that which is unthinkable. " if it's unthinkable then how do you know the "unthinkable" exists ? if it's unthinkable? you are a clown

of course nobody dies and comes back. if you die you're f dead. there is no way someone who is dead to come back, that has nothing to do with whether the soul exist or is an illusion or not. we are talking another thing here.

and the moment you say "there is no death" "all is 'x'" "we are an illusion", deep deep down you are affirming the existence of soul, because you really are afraid of death and you INDIVIDUALLY are expressing your beliefs that make you feel good about life after death, you just don't assume that it's a soul, you say it's the "true self" the "real you" the "alone self" or whatever crap you believe in

"Try exercising some intelligence mirror93"
says who? do I have the free-will to do that? but arent you the anti free-will idiot that denies that the agent the experiencer is real? then who is going to do that? 'me'??? how so? so am I the 'me' that can change something? the 'me' you say doesn't truly exist with free-will ? then who is going to do that?
see your contradictions?

and I forgot to mention. it's not an idea about yourself that dies, it's yOU who is having the ideas that dies, evident by the fact that when you die, you won't be able to post garbage here anymore, then who died? your ideas, your posts, or you who was having the ideas?? yes, you, the thinker behind the posts and behind ur ideas, that's the one who will die.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”