Near Death Experiencers challenge science

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Kamil
Poster

Near Death Experiencers challenge science

Postby Kamil » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:12 pm

I saw a video where a man had an NDE, and said it felt so real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mEq_Oc2jg

one doctor tried to replicate these feelings using the "god helmet" in a lab. The NDEr said it wasn't even close to a real NDE. Then, on the nderf.org website, there are tons of NDEs where people say it felt so real, realer than real life, that it couldn't have been fake, and that skeptics just don't understand. They say skeptic theories do not satisfy them. Do you think even after watching this video that they are not real?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Re: Near Death Experiencers challenge science

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:17 pm

SPAM.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Kamil wrote:I saw a video where a man had an NDE, and said it felt so real:

one doctor tried to replicate these feelings using the "god helmet" in a lab. The NDEr said it wasn't even close to a real NDE. Then, on the nderf.org website, there are tons of NDEs where people say it felt so real, realer than real life, that it couldn't have been fake, and that skeptics just don't understand. They say skeptic theories do not satisfy them. Do you think even after watching this video that they are not real?

Again, Kamil, anecdotal narrative is not scientific evidence.
a man had an NDE, and said it felt so real
This is anecdotal narrative, not proof of anything.
The NDEr said it wasn't even close to a real NDE.
More anecdotal narrative.
people say it felt so real, realer than real life, that it couldn't have been fake, and that skeptics just don't understand
It doesn't matter what people say. It doesn't matter what they thought about how it felt. None of this is scientific proof. None of this "challenges science."

You're wasting our time. I'm not watching the video because, like your story of the Russian woman, it's not evidence. People describing their experiences and how they felt about them doesn't constitute scientific evidence.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 am

It's time for you to relocate to another forum, as you are now just spamming religious rubbish on a science based forum.

Try the David Icke forum.

https://forum.davidicke.com/

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:34 am

Does that make this {!#%@} any less imaginary?

No.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:52 am

I had a dream about going to Hawaii when I was a kid and then went there. But that doesn't mean it was a premonition.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:I had a dream about going to Hawaii when I was a kid and then went there. But that doesn't mean it was a premonition.

That's their problem. They have no feasible evidence, so they have to make {!#%@} up. Pathetic.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:47 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:I had a dream about going to Hawaii when I was a kid and then went there. But that doesn't mean it was a premonition.

Right? My hypnagogic hallucinations...if I were irrational, I could swear there was a man-sized beetle rearing up next to my bed. That's not proof.

I could present a selfie of myself with said beetle. That's not proof, because I speak Photoshop. (And in 2017, even a video would not be proof.)

If I had photos and videos and lab samples of a piece of its chitinous exoskeleton with a report from a credentialed entomologist, I would have the minimum to initiate a discussion. However, even I wouldn't be convinced by that minimum of evidence, because said beetle is impossible per the square-cube law, and my assumption would be that someone had perpetrated a gigantic hoax on me. :mrgreen: Especially since I do not now, nor have I ever known anyone named Gregor Samsa.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:27 am

Feelings can be manipulated. Feelings can be wrong. You can have even feelings in dreams take nightmares for example, they feel real, you wake up all sweat and scared but it was not real, it was not reality. People who have schizophrenia claim and even feel emotions that are real. They for example hear voices who for them are truly real and even feel a presence that is real for them but its all in their minds.

I do not claim that NDEs are not powerful experiences. Heck I had something like a NDE with so called visions of the future when I was a child but without the dying stuff but I was quite near death actually after a strong asthma attack and was in intensive care. It was a strong experience but it was just that if NDE would be real then the things that happened in my NDE like experience would turn out to be true and it didn't. The visions the person told me in my experience never were realized and never came true.

NDEs would be true if someone would actually bring something from them. If I would visit another plane of existence where all the knowledge of the universe is then why not give me a invention or method that would allow us to travel to that dimension or to see souls?? Something that is beyond this world. Also to proof a NDE you must prove that it was really supernatural that means a NDE where someone had a information that was not able to get with normal means and is bulletproof at least with no other explanation at hand. If one of these is done then it would challenge science as we know it so far and I would be convinced but so far no one was able to do this.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”