Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 am

gorgeous wrote:copying...are you two going steady?

Let me guess...you believe we've both dug a hole through the hollow Earth and met in the middle, right? :roll:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 am

gorgeous wrote:scientists do study the supernatural..as did the CIA and other scientists..see my posts ....^^^^

Pass. You don't write well. Lots of your links lead to 404 errors. And I have better things to do than to read copypasta that isn't actually evidence.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:50 am

I understand...you can't stand being wrong...typical skeptic...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 am

gorgeous wrote:I understand...you can't stand being wrong...typical skeptic...
but you love us, don't you? :D

...... that's why you keep coming back, to get abused for your idiocy, on our skeptic forum!
:lol:

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:02 am

To add to this:
LunaNik wrote:You don't write well. Lots of your links lead to 404 errors. And I have better things to do than to read copypasta that isn't actually evidence.
...you also clearly have horrible reading comprehension skills.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:06 am

LunaNik wrote:

To add to this:
LunaNik wrote:You don't write well. Lots of your links lead to 404 errors. And I have better things to do than to read copypasta that isn't actually evidence.

ftfy :mrgreen:

Lard, save me from your followers.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
LunaNik wrote:

To add to this:

ftfy :mrgreen:

While you're probably correct, I can't speak to her listening comprehension skills...thankfully.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Gorgeous on female anotomy

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:27 am

Gorgeous is simply here for our entertainment and to scare off serious "wooists". (You will note that Gorgeous never ever ever enters into conversations with other wooists as this forum is "his show".) :D

Here is that hilarious old post where Gorgeous gives us his insight into female anatomy. Did you know female eggs grow in a woman's navel?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23729&p=533036&hilit=navel#p532732

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:22 pm

insults because you can't refute the articles...typical ...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Re: Gorgeous on female anotomy

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Gorgeous is simply here for our entertainment and to scare off serious "wooists". (You will note that Gorgeous never ever ever enters into conversations with other wooists as this forum is "his show".) :D

Here is that hilarious old post where Gorgeous gives us his insight into female anatomy. Did you know female eggs grow in a woman's navel?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23729&p=533036&hilit=navel#p532732

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:22 pm

But not just that. When the Sethian Poet Who Knows All Things turned up, Gorgeous immediately disappeared, only to return when said Barry had been taken to the cleaners.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Poodle wrote:But not just that. When the Sethian Poet Who Knows All Things turned up, Gorgeous immediately disappeared, only to return when said Barry had been taken to the cleaners.

Hmmm... Perhaps there should be a "one membership per IP address" policy.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:30 pm

LunaNik wrote:
Poodle wrote:But not just that. When the Sethian Poet Who Knows All Things turned up, Gorgeous immediately disappeared, only to return when said Barry had been taken to the cleaners.

Hmmm... Perhaps there should be a "one membership per IP address" policy.

Ah - indeed. But in this case we know Gorgeous was not Barry. We're not sure Barry was human, but he wasn't Gorgeous. Or Gorgeous wasn't him. According to Barry, there's no discernible difference. I'll see if I can find the thread for you.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Nah, it can be fun taking down the laundry. But in this case we had an actual Sethian expert - a participant in the early scam - make an apparition appearance. That's when little georgie ran waah waah waah all the way to his mommy's basement.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Hmmm - he's in a few threads. Search for Barrie1 threads, Lunanik. It's a fascinating voyage into the depths of deceit - unless you like Messiahs (which I strongly suspect you don't).

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 pm

:lol:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:59 pm

so nde's are still real experiences ....ok..

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Now I finally understand what non sequitur really means. Oh - hang on - it's mentioned in the thread title. There's a first.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:39 pm

It it some variation on the old Uri Geller magnet in the mouth gaffe? :lol:
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Poodle wrote:Search for Barrie1 threads, Lunanik. It's a fascinating voyage into the depths of deceit -

It was indeed fascinating. The Seth cult is from the 1970's. An out of work science fiction writer, Jane Roberts, copied Ron L Hubbard's "start a religion for profit" scam. She pretended to channell a spirit called Seth who and made up books containing the Wisdom of Seth. Jane Roberts died of alcoholism. Barry was one of her original disciples and then tried to make money by putting out poems inspired by Seth. . As I was attacking Jane Roberts on the forum, Barry joined here and tried to put up an argument.

Here is a 1970 video of Jane Roberts channelling Seth. Barry is the curly haired male, with glasses, who is trying to not laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG-IR3aqec&t=408s

Gorgeous doesn't actually know anything about Seth. Gorgeous simply wants to be seen as different and she can simply copy whole paragraphs from the Wisdom of Seth website. As a general rule,Gorgeous will only support woo that she can copy text from. :D

Here is the Barry Exchange
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25074&hilit=barry+seth&start=600#p520464

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 am

Ah, good old Channel N°7...

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:59 am

Anthony wrote:The abduction part is the second half of it but I'm not concerned about that

You should be. :roll:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:45 am

Poodle wrote:Hmmm - he's in a few threads. Search for Barrie1 threads, Lunanik. It's a fascinating voyage into the depths of deceit - unless you like Messiahs (which I strongly suspect you don't).

Ugh. Your suspicion is spot on. And now I can't resist checking out those threads, which I suspect is similar to the compulsion that motivates people to slow down when they see an auto accident.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 am

gorgeous wrote:so nde's are still real experiences ....ok..

Sure. Hypnagogic hallucinations are real experiences too...but they're still hallucinations. Migraine auras are real experiences...but that doesn't mean that what I'm seeing is really there. Same for LSD trips, I hear.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:05 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: It was indeed fascinating. The Seth cult is from the 1970's. An out of work science fiction writer, Jane Roberts, copied Ron L Hubbard's "start a religion for profit" scam. She pretended to channell a spirit called Seth who and made up books containing the Wisdom of Seth. Jane Roberts died of alcoholism. Barry was one of her original disciples and then tried to make money by putting out poems inspired by Seth. . As I was attacking Jane Roberts on the forum, Barry joined here and tried to put up an argument.
[color=#000080]Here is the Barry Exchange

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25074&hilit=barry+seth&start=600#p520464

I'm thankful I had a few pints in me before I read that thread. Man, he certainly followed the typical pattern:
1. I'll be friendly and willing to answer questions.
2. Oh, crap. They know too much. Distract! Obfuscate!
3. No worries. I'll just cherry-pick science I've never read before and post a few links.
4. Dammit, they saw through that.
5. I got this. I'll be all sad that they're unenlightened beings.
6. Well, that didn't work. Time to play the victim.
7. Add a few insults to those who got closest to the truth, and...
8. Flounce, while dismissing the negative experience from my mind so as to retain my bloated ego.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:33 am

LunaNik wrote:Man, he certainly followed the typical pattern.
It gets funnier. There were two main copy cat "channelled" spirits, from the 70's "Seth" by Jane Roberts and "Ra" by Carla Rueckert. Both Jane Roberts and Carla Rueckert are dead, and therefore anyone who wanted to make a dollar claimed they were now channelling "Seth" or "Ra". Barry is simply flogging his Seth book on "Seth poetry" for profit.

Legally, its a funny and complex issue. If I said I (Matthew) was now channelling Seth, the estate of Jane Roberts would have to sue me and prove "Seth" was Jane Robert's invention, which they can't do that without admitting Jane made it up
. :D

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 pm

LunaNik wrote:

Sure. Hypnagogic hallucinations are real experiences too...but they're still hallucinations. Migraine auras are real experiences...but that doesn't mean that what I'm seeing is really there. Same for LSD trips, I hear.

---------no evidence...just theories ....show me a hallucination...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 pm

seth is real...you could learn a lot from him...

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Santa Claus is real too, I learned a whole bunch of stuff from him.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:19 pm

gorgeous wrote:
LunaNik wrote:

---------no evidence...just theories ....show me a hallucination...

No evidence for NDEs. Just theories. Show me a NDE.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”