Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Last edited by Anthony on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 pm



Set out the exact claim and best evidence for that claim from all these links. No one here is going to do your work for you.

It is obvious you are already lying because most of the links do not relate to NDEs, for example

A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Got results from any actually performed tests instead of anecdotal evidence?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:


Set out the exact claim and best evidence for that claim from all these links. No one here is going to do your work for you.

It is obvious you are already lying because most of the links do not relate to NDEs, for example

A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion



"A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
Electromagnetic effects (EMEs), in the context of strange, unexplainable phenomena that adversely plague human beings are a relatively recent discovery. It began in the late 1970s when a number of researchers began to study another newfound phenomenon known as near-death experiences (NDEs)"

The abduction part is the second half of it but I'm not concerned about that

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Those seem to be just surveys, people talking about what they think they experience/d. Pretty useless stuff.


If only certain groups report similar "outcomes", maybe they need to check them out for possible brain damage from their traumatic events. ;)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Those seem to be just surveys, people talking about what they think they experience/d. Pretty useless stuff.


At the same time though, with something like this I feel like we can't really simply discount it with there literally being no study shown that says the opposite. It's also something pretty difficult to experiment with. There have been no experiments at all, its mostly just research and surveys

I think the idea that people after near death experiences experience some weird electromagnetic crap could be explained by some sort of faulty memory recall/confirmation bias/not remembering hit or miss ratio/drinking the koolaid

At the same time I think there is a large possibility that some sort of electromagnetic effect comes after many near death experiences, since I've never really seen any articles suggesting otherwise

In terms of what this means, I read this about it

"They are actually not 'bizzare' – just a transformation of the human energy field caused by the influence of the connection with higher states of awareness and frequency than they previously experienced."

The person who said it is a lunatic, and I'll refrain from posting the link even though you could google it and find it because I don't wanna deal with the backlash since it comes from an idiot, but I would assume this is what most new agers/spiritualists would say
Last edited by Anthony on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Have you ever actually seen any of the described effects taking place? (And no, run-of-the-mill ytube videos do not count. It has to have happened under controlled circumstances and has to be replicable.)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Set out the exact claim and best evidence for that claim from all these links. No one here is going to do your work for you.

Anthony AKA Omniverse AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:"A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
Electromagnetic effects (EMEs), in the context of strange, unexplainable phenomena that adversely plague human beings are a relatively recent discovery. It began in the late 1970s when a number of researchers began to study another newfound phenomenon known as near-death experiences (NDEs)"
The abduction part is the second half of it but I'm not concerned about that


So you can't find one tangible claim nor set out the evidence for that claim from any of these links? So why did you post them? :roll:

Are you still pretending to be a 16 year old Indonesian boy? :lol: :lol:

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE and

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Set out the exact claim and best evidence for that claim from all these links. No one here is going to do your work for you.

Anthony AKA Omniverse AKA Matt MSV7 wrote:"A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
A Study of the Relationship Between Abduction Experiences and Unusual Electromagnetic Aftereffects:
A Summary Review, Report and Discussion
By Richard Bonenfant, Ph.D.
Part I - Review
NDEs and Electromagnetic Effects
Electromagnetic effects (EMEs), in the context of strange, unexplainable phenomena that adversely plague human beings are a relatively recent discovery. It began in the late 1970s when a number of researchers began to study another newfound phenomenon known as near-death experiences (NDEs)"
The abduction part is the second half of it but I'm not concerned about that


So you can't find one tangible claim nor set out the evidence for that claim from any of these links? So why did you post them? :roll:

Are you still pretending to be a 16 year old Indonesian boy? :lol: :lol:



You claimed I was lying about the article having to do with nde. I posted an excerpt where it did have something to do with an nde

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Anthony wrote:I feel like we can't really simply discount it with there literally being no study shown that says the opposite.
Real scientist have already proven the exact opposite. You refuse to read their work.

How the Brain Creates Out-of-Body Experiences / Live Science
https://www.livescience.com/41128-out-o ... ained.html

The Science of Out-of-Body Experiences
http://content.time.com/time/health/art ... 32,00.html

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Anthony wrote:I feel like we can't really simply discount it with there literally being no study shown that says the opposite.
Real scientist have already proven the exact opposite. You refuse to read their work.

How the Brain Creates Out-of-Body Experiences / Live Science
https://www.livescience.com/41128-out-o ... ained.html

The Science of Out-of-Body Experiences
http://content.time.com/time/health/art ... 32,00.html


I was talking about the idea that there may be electromagnetic aftereffects following an NDE

I've said I'm not a proponent of NDEs here before and that they are probably products of a dying brain

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote:I was talking about the idea that there may be electromagnetic aftereffects following an NDE

Write down exactly what these magical electromagnetic after effects are, how they were measured and how their measurement differs from normal base lines. :lol:

Are you still pretending to be a 16 year old Indonesian rent boy?

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:33 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Have you ever actually seen any of the described effects taking place? (And no, run-of-the-mill ytube videos do not count. It has to have happened under controlled circumstances and has to be replicable.)


At the same time though, I don't think there have been any experiments at all on this subject, mostly because I feel experiments on it would be hard to design. I've yet to find one.

I think we can conclude, at the very least, a significant amount of NDErs believe that they have some light flickering effect after an NDE

The best explanation I can find is the "drink the koolaid"

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote: I've yet to find one.
Soooo...... you can't set out what your actual claim is and you can't find any evidence.

How about you go away and do some research and don't come back until you have something.

Are you still pretending to be a 16 year old Indonesian rent boy?
:lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 am

Anthony wrote:It seems like there are some reports of electromagnetic aftereffects as a result on NDE's.
More anecdotal narratives, which are not evidence. People report that devices behave strangely around them, but this has not been tested scientifically. Therefore, such reports can be ignored.

I've noticed that high-pressure sodium streetlights frequently flicker or go out when I approach them. This has happened for decades. Have I ever believed that this phenomenon occurs because I'm somehow interacting with the lights? Of course not, because it doesn't happen with all streetlights and it doesn't happen all the time. Interestingly, my city just changed over to LED streetlights and, unsurprisingly, the phenomenon no longer happens.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:44 am

Anthony wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Have you ever actually seen any of the described effects taking place? (And no, run-of-the-mill ytube videos do not count. It has to have happened under controlled circumstances and has to be replicable.)


At the same time though, I don't think there have been any experiments at all on this subject, mostly because I feel experiments on it would be hard to design. I've yet to find one.

How hard would it be to observe a proclaimed bulb and toaster whisperer in a controlled environment - fairly easy, imho.

It simply shows that some seem to find it worthwhile to compile self-reported stories but not the additional effort to verify any of it. Seems if it was in any way convincing, there surely would have been some serious tests done in over 30 years.

I think we can conclude, at the very least, a significant amount of NDErs believe that they have some light flickering effect after an NDE

The best explanation I can find is the "drink the koolaid"

That's why I would like them to be tested for possible brain damage.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Anthony wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Have you ever actually seen any of the described effects taking place? (And no, run-of-the-mill ytube videos do not count. It has to have happened under controlled circumstances and has to be replicable.)


At the same time though, I don't think there have been any experiments at all on this subject, mostly because I feel experiments on it would be hard to design. I've yet to find one.

How hard would it be to observe a proclaimed bulb and toaster whisperer in a controlled environment - fairly easy, imho.

It simply shows that some seem to find it worthwhile to compile self-reported stories but not the additional effort to verify any of it. Seems if it was in any way convincing, there surely would have been some serious tests done in over 30 years.

I think we can conclude, at the very least, a significant amount of NDErs believe that they have some light flickering effect after an NDE

The best explanation I can find is the "drink the koolaid"

That's why I would like them to be tested for possible brain damage.


http://www.lifepulsecenter.com/files/Di ... -26-08.pdf

I agree it's a survey and it can be misleading but here's my thing

- there are virtually no articles I see that contradicts the idea that people after nde have some sort of electrical difficulties

And the test itself seems pretty legitimate to avoid bias and try to get people normally and stuff. I'd say just skim through it and I'm curious about your thoughts on it. It addresses concerns and stuff about it as well. The only thing I question is the way they got the sample, if they marketed it as an electromagnetic survey than obviously I'm going to pretty much can it, but from what I read I Dont think it says that

Also, the for me one thing is

Yes I understand why testimonies aren't great evidence

Yes I understand that this isn't "proof"

But I would say that the fact that, considering its a decent sample, that there's such a huge difference between the 3 groups in terms of perception, and that reasons/possible explanations (like more belief in psychic phenomena) seem to be addressed in the study, it definately puts a bit of a question mark on it

Also, I have found absolutely NO evidence that goes against the idea that in general, people post NDE experience things like this

If someone can point me to any sort of study or any evidence suggesting otherwise that's great. I do still believe NDEs come from the brain but I think the brain does something to the biomagnetic fields or something.

But to dismiss it outright and not address it at all doesent make much sense for me. The fact that the evidence proving it isn't strong makes sense, but there seems to be no evidence at all proving otherwise. For things like psychic abilities and nde there are explanations proving otherwise, which is why I think testimonies and surveys can be mostly ignored. But in this situation there is literally nothing that I can find suggesting that people post NDE don't have electromagnetic aftereffects. There are studies that show that people who claim to have a "sickness when exposed to electromagnetism" disorder are simply in a nocebo effect, but all these surveys indicate is
The electrical appliance malfunctions when the person post ndeis nearby.

If there is evidence to the contrary I'll listen.

I get that as a whole, the claim that lights flicker on and off when person A goes there can be attributed to a bunch of mental things and overemphasis and confirmation bias

Yet none of this explains why people Post NDE report this on a MUCH more significant level than other people. One thing could be perceived psychic phenomena since I think flickering lights is a cause of this but the study itself shows things like this. I guess in this case it may be simply the sample chosen, but I'm not sure.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 am

I already gave you my thoughts: simply compiling surveys of anecdotal "evidence" is worthless in proving such things as reported actually occur/ed.

You're going at this from the wrong end. :pardon:


ETA I see you edited and added more to your post: "there seems to be no evidence at all proving otherwise" - ask yourself why.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:27 am

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote: I agree it's a survey and it can be misleading but here's my thing

Your thing is worthless. The paper does not measure any electromagnetic after effects nor even states what the fictional after effect is meant to be. :lol:

Go away.


Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote: I'm a student, 16 years old, who lives in indonesia in america for summer vacation.
Are you still pretending to be a 16 year old Indonesian rent boy?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 am

Anthony, plz read this.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I already gave you my thoughts: simply compiling surveys of anecdotal "evidence" is worthless in proving such things as reported actually occur/ed.

You're going at this from the wrong end. :pardon:


Quick note

http://atwaterndenews.blogspot.com/2007 ... c.html?m=1

Based on how this was worded, I may have been wrong earlier, he did seem to promote it as a electromagnetic study, so the survey respondents may have definately been biased

I am still curious though, is there any experiment that has to do with this type of phenomena? I know hat sickness due to electrical fields has been pretty much debunked but I haven't seen anything on effects people have on electrical fields (nvm I just saw a study on it)

As for why there's no evidence otherwise, it's just not taken seriously enough to experiment, and the idea itself is pretty ridiculous. I just feel there should be some research against it.

(Oh and the groups that research is r quite biased, iands)

Could you give me a brief rundown on ken ring? His sample seems pretty unrepresentative of the real NDE population and I'm not sure why. Like there's his idea that 90% of all NDEs lead to this incredible feeling of happiness and peacefulness but I saw more studies of people who weren't related to him saying this number drops to 55-60%

Edit: I saw ur link and I going to say that I'm not necessarily for or against it. Right now I'm inclined to believe it but as I see the research methods more and more it gets a bit more dubious. if the studies seem biased enough in terms of sampling I'll be against it, and it sort of seems that way so far.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 am

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote:I am still curious though, is there any experiment that has to do with this type of phenomena?
Go find it yourself.

Skeptics and scientists already have scientific experiments that explain why people think they are having NDE's. If you claim there is an alternative scientific explanation, then you go find that explanation.
:lol:

Anthony
Account Locked
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Anthony » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote:I am still curious though, is there any experiment that has to do with this type of phenomena?
Go find it yourself.

Skeptics and scientists already have scientific experiments that explain why people think they are having NDE's. If you claim there is an alternative scientific explanation, then you go find that explanation.
:lol:


I've said countless times, I think NDEs come from the brain :?

I was wondering if there seems to be an electromagnetic aftereffect from NDEs. At first, I thought there may be. After looking at how the surveys were given out, the sampling bias, im starting to change my mind.

Also, as for all these indonesian comments. The reason you think I don't know about indonesia is because I stated a fact about the drinking laws, and you thought they were wrong. I proved them to be right and you ignored the post. I already said which accounts I was and wasn't. I think ur a smart guy but I don't know what sort of vendetta you have against me. I said I was a student in indonesia going to an English speaking (international, well intercultural) school. It's up to you whether you want to believe me or not.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 am

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote:I've said countless times, I think NDEs come from the brain
We already know that through 20 years of experiments. Go away

How the Brain Creates Out-of-Body Experiences
https://www.livescience.com/41128-out-o ... ained.html

Anthony AKA Matt MSV7 AKA Omniverse wrote:Also, as for all these indonesian comments. The reason you think I don't know about indonesia is because I stated a fact about the drinking laws, and you thought they were wrong.
No you complete twit. You claimed to be a 16 year old Indonesian and the drinking age is 21. You made up a story that was easy to destroy.

....but that's only the start :lol:
Mengapa kamu tidak di sekolah dan mengapa kamu tidak bersiap untuk akhir ramadam?
:lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 am

Anthony wrote:As for why there's no evidence otherwise, it's just not taken seriously enough to experiment, and the idea itself is pretty ridiculous. I just feel there should be some research against it.
There's no evidence for it either. This...
Volunteers are needed for a study about the electromagnetic aftereffects from a near-death experience. Needed are people in three different categories to complete the same questionnaire.
...is not a study. It's not research. And it's not evidence. It's a bunch of gullible people volunteering to answer a questionnaire that's probably worded to get the desired answers. It's more "testimony."

I'm going to agree with Matthew. You can't just post a bunch of links, expect everyone here to do your homework for you, then refuse to accept the evidence that's offered. If you have a case, present your hypothesis, post links to your evidence, and argue the basis for your conclusion using logic.

Lack of evidence for the contrary position doesn't prove your point. Here's an example: There probably aren't scientific studies disproving claims of levitation. That doesn't prove that levitation is real. It only proves that scientists aren't stupid enough to waste their time studying a supernatural phenomenon that violates the laws of physics. Gravity sucks, bruh. And it sucks for everyone.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:31 am

This whole thread is a trolling exercise by Matt MSV7. He stopped posting as Omniverse and immediately started posting as Anthony the 16 year old Indonesian boy....just asking questions.

"Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDEs"
This was a paranormal claim by P.M.H. Atwater in 1975. Atwater claimed that after her NDE
"That (a) rogue aftereffect was a heightened form of electromagnetic sensitivity whereby the NDE created havoc upon sensitive electronic devices that he or she came into contact with."

Obviously this is complete crap back in 1975 and no such effect existed then and after 40 years no one measured such a thing again or even bothered. :D

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:02 pm

wiki---legal evidence-----There are several types of evidence, depending on the form or source. Evidence governs the use of testimony (e.g., oral or written statements, such as an affidavit), exhibits (e.g., physical objects), documentary material, or demonstrative evidence, which are admissible (i.e., allowed to be considered by the trier of fact, such as jury) in a judicial or administrative proceeding (e.g., a court of law).
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm

"scientists aren't stupid enough to waste their time studying a supernatural phenomenon"-----10 Famous Scientists Who Held Surprising Supernatural Beliefs



io9.gizmodo.com/10-famous-scientists-who-held-surprising-supernatural-b-1689425...


Mar 4, 2015 - 10 Famous Scientists Who Held Surprising Supernatural Beliefs ... His studies on optics had their foundations in alchemy. In trying to describe ...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm

scientific American -----Brian Josephson won a Nobel Prize in 1973, when he was only 33, and since then he has become an aggressive proponent of research on psychic phenomena. "Yes, I think telepathy exists," he told The Observer, a British newspaper, in 2001, "and I think quantum physics will help us understand its basic properties."

A 1991 poll of members of the National Academy of Sciences found that only four percent believed in ESP (although 10 percent thought it was worth investigating).
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm

ce------Another example would be the University of Virginia’s Division of Perceptual Studies, in which they explore such phenomena as reincarnation, near death experiences (NDEs), and out of body experiences (OBEs).

“Studies of the so-called ‘psi phenomena’ indicate that we can sometimes receive meaningful information without the use of ordinary senses, and in ways that transcend the habitual space and time constraints. Furthermore, psi research demonstrates that we can mentally influence—at a distance—physical devices and living organisms (including other human beings). Psi research also shows that distant minds may behave in ways that are nonlocally correlated, i.e. the correlations between distant minds are hypothesized to be unmediated (they are not linked to any known energetic signal), unmitigated (they do not degrade with increasing distance), and immediate (they appear to be simultaneous). These events are so common that they cannot be viewed as anomalous nor as exceptions to natural laws, but as indications of the need for a broader explanatory framework that cannot be predicated exclusively on materialism.” (source) – Manifesto for a Post-Materialist Science
------------------------------A recently published study (meta analysis) in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience titled “Predicting the unpredictable: critical analysis and practical implications of predictive anticipatory activity” examined a number of experiments, conducted by several different laboratories, regarding this phenomenon.

These experiments indicate that the human body can actually detect randomly delivered stimuli that occur 1-10 seconds in advance. In other words, the human body seems able to know of an event and react to it before it actually occurs. This reaction takes the form of physiological changes in the skin and in the cardiopulmonary and nervous systems. (source)
-------------------The “Star Gate” project was a Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) program that examined parapsychological phenomena for more than twenty years before it was unexpectedly shut down.

One of the most interesting revelations (imo) when it comes to science and the paranormal comes from its remote viewing program.

Remote viewing is the ability of a person to describe a remote geographical location up to several hundred thousand kilometers from their actual physical location. It’s not just one person who can do this — many people have been shown to have this ability, and this is a verified fact. The CIA and NSA, in conjunction with Stanford University, were involved in the scientific study of parapsychological phenomena that lasted more than two decades; they delved into remote viewing as part of this project.

In these experiments, multiple individuals were able to describe distinct objects that were located in a separate room and at other remote physical locations.(source)(source)(source)

As reported by a publication in the journal Scientific Exploration, one of the study’s participants, Ingo Swann, was able to successfully describe and view a ring around Jupiter that scientists had no idea existed at the time. (source 1)
--------------------Quantum Double Slit Experiment

In this experiment, a double-slit optical system was used to test the possible role of consciousness in the collapse of the quantum wave-function. The ratio of the interference pattern’s double slit spectral power to its single slit spectral power was predicted to decrease when attention was focused toward the double slit as compared to away from it. The study found that factors associated with consciousness “significantly” correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double slit interference pattern. (source)

“Observations not only disturb what has to be measured, they produce it….We compel [the electron] to assume a definite position…. We ourselves produce the results of measurement.” (source)

“It was not possible to formulate the laws of quantum mechanics in a fully consistent way without reference to consciousness.” – Eugene Wigner, theoretical physicist and mathematician who received a share of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1963

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a ‘mental’ construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: ‘The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.’ ” – R.C. Henry, Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Johns Hopkins University , “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29,2005) (source) This is a great experiment to show the connection between consciousness and our physical material world.

You can read a more detailed description of this experiment and see a video demonstration of it in these articles:

“Consciousness Creates Reality” – Physicists Admit The Universe Is Immaterial, Mental & Spiritual
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm

ce---------Delayed Choice/Quantum Eraser

Like the quantum double slit experiment, the delayed choice/quantum eraser has been demonstrated and repeated time and time again. For example, physicists at The Australian National University (ANU) have conducted John Wheeler’s delayed-choice thought experiment. The findings were recently published in the journal Nature Physics. (source)

The delayed choice experiment illustrates how what happens in the present can change what happens(ed) in the past. It also shows how time can go backwards, how cause and effect can be reversed, and how the future caused the past.

“If we attempt to attribute an objective meaning to the quantum state of a single system, curious paradoxes appear: quantum effects mimic not only instantaneous action-at-a-distance, but also, as seen here, influence of future actions on past events, even after these events have been irrevocably recorded.” – Asher Peres, pioneer in quantum information theory (source)(source)(source)

You can read more about this experiment on this article:

Quantum Experiment Shows How “Time” Doesn’t Exist As We Think It Does (Mind-Altering)

7. Out Of Body Experiences & Near Death Experiences

Below is a video of Dr. Bruce Greyson speaking at a conference that was held by the United Nations. He is considered to be one of the fathers of near death studies. He is Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Science at the University of Virginia.

In the video he describes documented cases of individuals who were clinically dead (showing no brain activity) but observing everything that was happening to them on the medical table below at the same time. He describes how there have been many instances of this – where individuals are able to describe things that should have been impossible for them to have knowledge of. Another significant statement by Dr. Greyson posits that this type of study has been discouraged due to our tendency to view science as completely materialistic. Seeing is believing, so to speak, in the scientific community. It’s unfortunate that just because we cannot explain something through materialistic means, it must be instantly discredited. The simple fact that “consciousness” itself is a non-physical “thing” is troubling for some scientists; as a result of it being non material, they believe it cannot be studied by science.
----------------------------In 2001, international medical journal The Lancet published a 13 year study on Near Death Experiences (NDEs).(source)(source) Their findings were remarkable, to say the least:

Our results show that medical factors cannot account for the occurrence of NDE. All patients had a cardiac arrest, and were clinically dead with unconsciousness resulting from insufficient blood supply to the brain. In those circumstances, the EEG (a measure of brain electrical activity) becomes flat, and if CPR is not started within 5-10 minutes, irreparable damage is done to the brain and the patient will die. (source)

Another study comes out of the University of Southampton, where scientists found evidence that awareness can continue for at least several minutes after death. In the scientific world this was thought to be impossible. The study, published in the journal Resuscitation, is the world’s largest of its kind. (source)

Out of body experiences, a similar phenomenon, have also been examined in depth by science.

8. Healing At A Distance

“Over the past thirty years, significant scientific research has been conducted on the potential effectiveness and value of distant healing practices. The practice of distant healing is drawing increased attention as an important component of integral medicine models that blend a range of approaches to health and healing. Many leading health professionals and spiritual leaders believe distant healing practices may significantly expand the capacity to facilitate healing.” (source) Marilyn Schlitz, PhD, President of the Institute for Noetic Sciences (IONS)

You can view some of this research HERE.

Another great example of this is the placebo effect, which you can read more about here.

Another study (which I have written about previously), published in the journal Explore in 2008, examined the effects of human intention on the autonomic nervous system of a human “sender” and the distant “receiver” of those intentions.

The design of the study went as follows:





Skin conductance level was measured in each member of a couple, both of whom were asked to feel the presence of the other. While the receiving person relaxed in a distant shielded room for 30 minutes, the sending person directed intention toward the receiver during repeated 10-second epochs separated by random interepoch periods. Thirty-six couples participated in 38 test sessions. In 22 couples, one of the pair was a cancer patient. In 12 of those couples, the healthy person was trained to direct intention toward the patient and asked to practice that intention daily for three months prior to the experiment (trained group). In the other 10 couples, the pair was tested before the partner was trained (wait group). Fourteen healthy couples re- ceived no training (control group). (source)

The study concluded that a strong motivation to heal another, and for one to be healed themselves, may enhance this phenomenon. It concluded that directing intention toward a distant person is associated with the activation of that person’s autonomic nervous system — in this case, using measurements of skin conductance.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Uri Geller convinced the CIA of his psychic powers | Daily Mail Online


www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article.../Yur ... owers.html
Jan 18, 2017 - The real-life X-Files: How CIA recruited Uri Geller to test his psychic abilities and were STUNNED when he was able to match random drawings ...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:24 pm

wiki------ Project MKOFTEN was a covert Department of Defense program developed in conjunction with the CIA. A partner program to MKSEARCH, the goal of MKOFTEN was to "test the behavioral and toxicological effects of certain drugs on animals and humans".[1]

According to author Gordon Thomas' 2007 book, Secrets and Lies, the CIA's Operation Often was also initiated by the chief of the CIA's Technical Services Branch, Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, to "explore the world of black magic" and "harness the forces of darkness and challenge the concept that the inner reaches of the mind are beyond reach". As part of Operation Often, Dr. Gottlieb and other CIA employees visited with and recruited fortune-tellers, palm-readers, clairvoyants, astrologists, mediums, psychics, specialists in demonology, witches and warlocks, Satanists, other occult practitioners, and more.[2]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Good luck is science not yet classified; just as the supernatural is the natural not yet understood.


— Elbert (Green) Hubbard -------------------It was my science that drove me to the conclusion that the world is much more complicated than can be explained by science. It is only through the supernatural that I can understand the mystery of existence.


— Allan Rex Sandage-------------Science is the way—a powerful way, indeed—to study the natural world. Science is not particularly effective—in fact, it's rather ineffective—in making commentary about the supernatural world. Both worlds, for me, are quite real and quite important. They are investigated in different ways. They coexist. They illuminate each other.


— Francis S. Collins
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:59 am

gorgeous wrote:wiki------ Project MKOFTEN was a covert Department of Defense program developed in conjunction with the CIA. A partner program to MKSEARCH, the goal of MKOFTEN was to "test the behavioral and toxicological effects of certain drugs on animals and humans".[1]

According to author Gordon Thomas' 2007 book, Secrets and Lies, the CIA's Operation Often was also initiated by the chief of the CIA's Technical Services Branch, Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, to "explore the world of black magic" and "harness the forces of darkness and challenge the concept that the inner reaches of the mind are beyond reach". As part of Operation Often, Dr. Gottlieb and other CIA employees visited with and recruited fortune-tellers, palm-readers, clairvoyants, astrologists, mediums, psychics, specialists in demonology, witches and warlocks, Satanists, other occult practitioners, and more.[2]


No one is reading your old posts again, Gorgeous. We are waiting for Matt MSV7 to come back pretending he is a 16 year old Indonesian boy. He's much funnier than you are. :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:11 am

gorgeous wrote:wiki---legal evidence-----There are several types of evidence, depending on the form or source. Evidence governs the use of testimony (e.g., oral or written statements, such as an affidavit), exhibits (e.g., physical objects), documentary material, or demonstrative evidence, which are admissible (i.e., allowed to be considered by the trier of fact, such as jury) in a judicial or administrative proceeding (e.g., a court of law).

None of which has anything to do with scientific evidence.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:18 am

copying...are you two going steady?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 am

gorgeous wrote:copying...are you two going steady?
No Gorgeous. Australia isn't in the USA. Didn't you know? :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:21 am

gorgeous wrote:"scientists aren't stupid enough to waste their time studying a supernatural phenomenon"-----10 Famous Scientists Who Held Surprising Supernatural Beliefs



io9.gizmodo.com/10-famous-scientists-who-held-surprising-supernatural-b-1689425...


Mar 4, 2015 - 10 Famous Scientists Who Held Surprising Supernatural Beliefs ... His studies on optics had their foundations in alchemy. In trying to describe ...

Let me rephrase: "In the 21st Century, scientists who are mentally-balanced aren't stupid enough to waste their time studying a supernatural phenomenon." Also, that article is crap. Isaac Newton, FFS? Product of his pre-Industrial Revolution culture, obviously. The term "scientist" certainly doesn't mean the same thing now as it did in 1700. Use you brain, if you have one.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4213
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Electromagnetic aftereffects in NDE

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 am

scientists do study the supernatural..as did the CIA and other scientists..see my posts ....^^^^
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest