What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?


Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Electro432
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Electro432 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Dualism is another social construct in line with a Jesus/Satan complex.
It's a hoodwink, so it's a timely critique.
:falloff:


Duality is not social it's mental.

Good point.
I agree and hence you back up the over time aspect of social programming.... what is shown becomes reality?
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Dualism? / Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.
Austin Harper wrote:Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
Confidencia wrote:Yes. And so do you if you care to look.
Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?

You really didn't think this recent bull-shit claim through first, before you made it right?
:lol:

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Electro432 wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Dualism is another social construct in line with a Jesus/Satan complex.
It's a hoodwink, so it's a timely critique.
:falloff:


Duality is not social it's mental.

Good point.
I agree and hence you back up the over time aspect of social programming.... what is shown becomes reality?


No. Since reality is not an experience it cannot be known.

Electro432
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Electro432 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 pm

You seem to be out of touch.
How old are you?
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Dualism? / Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.
Austin Harper wrote:Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
Confidencia wrote:Yes. And so do you if you care to look.
[color=#000080]Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?


In all places at all times. Wherever consciousness is I am, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 am

Electro432 wrote:You seem to be out of touch.


On the contrary, I have touched the very essence of being.

How old are you?


In essence I am timeless - age does not apply. In substance I am 51.

Electro432
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Electro432 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 am

In substance i'm younger than you by not much.

I challenge you as to what you have touched.

Are you a shill?
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

Electro432
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Electro432 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:15 am

I'm like you timeless ❤
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 am

Electro432 wrote:In substance i'm younger than you by not much.

I challenge you as to what you have touched.

Are you a shill?


I am what I am. Nameless, formless, timeless being.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19623
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:22 am

...and slightly nuts...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Electro432
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Electro432 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 am

Your veil reveals the confidencial
"One's eyes are what one is; one's mouth, what one becomes."
Galsworthy

"The idealist walks on tiptoe, the materialist on his heels."
Chazal

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 am

Transcendence belongs to your own energy.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:01 am

Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact. Just examine yourself a little more closely. You are contradicting yourself all the time. What you say today you unsay tomorrow.
That's called "changing your mind" which lots of people do when they learn new information. It doesn't prove "duality in consciousness" any more than being torn among three choices proves "trinity in consciousness."

Confidencia wrote:There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Consciousness is always of something whilst awareness stands alone.
Well, now I'm out of EVOO, so I can't even make more salad dressing.

Confidencia wrote:The person is never the subject, the subject cannot be an object in the consciousness. You see the mirror and the image in the mirror in your mind.
"The person is never the subject." By that logic, as the observer, I can't observe anyone at all.

Confidencia wrote:No doubt you all have your own slant based on the illusion of an individual.
No, there have been times when we've disagreed completely, not merely had different slants.

Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.

Confidencia wrote:Your words are wiser than you are, You are a victim of your own language. Look at your language closely. You say my body as if it is something aside yourself, like I would say my car, the car being the addition. There's is me one and the car two. What are you referring to when you say my or me ? Or when you say I am? Is it not the subject referring to its object whether that be the body or the car or anything else for that matter?
No, dear. I made the distinction only to explain to you the necessity of the sensory organs and brain. My body, brain, and thoughts are all integrated into "me."

Confidencia wrote:Awareness is not limited to consciousness, it is of all there is. You are limiting and restricting yourself to the narrow confines of brain consciousness, your thoughts and feelings. During your sleep brain consciousness is suspended. If you were more aware of your consciousness rather than just your thoughts and feelings in consciousness you would be aware of even your sleep as in knowing that you are sleeping.
Do you believe that your dreams and nightmares are real experiences?

Confidencia wrote:Thinking about that which you have not directly observed is the minds default mode of thought, it is called the imagination. You need no special ability it is what the mind does naturally. An infant is doing this all the while it plays. Reality is not a product of the mind, it cannot be imagined. It has nothing to do with what you like or rather what you don't like. It is what it is. The witness is neither fair or biased it sees what it sees, end of.
This neatly contradicts what you said previously: No consciousness, no world. Now here, you say reality is not a product of the mind. You can't have it both ways.

Confidencia wrote:I do apologise. Have you any proof that the world ticks along fine when you are asleep? What continues is the mental process. The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes. It is your memory that give you the illusion of continuity there is no continuation in existence, each moment is new and ever fresh.
No apology necessary. I merely offered the information for future reference. My gender is not apparent from my screen name or avatar image, and it's irrelevant to this discussion. And, yes, actually, I do have proof. My weird ex-BF took a couple of photos of me while I was fast asleep. Had the world stopped, he wouldn't have been able to do so.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The body and the world appear at the same time.
If the world didn't exist before you were born, where were your parents?
They existed as a potential in consciousness as does everything else.
If they were merely potential, how did they manage to conceive you?

Confidencia wrote:You and you alone can verify everything I've said here. The question is are you interested enough. Without interest nothing can be done.
Is curious the same thing as interested?

Confidencia wrote:There are enough forums I need not invent another for the sake of it.
However, again, this forum requires evidence.

Confidencia wrote:But the facts remain and cannot be argued against hence the reason no flavours, colours or preservatives can be added.
I don't agree that you've stated any facts.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 am

Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Great! What is it?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Great! What is it?

Don't be silly, he can't tell you! Then you'd know what the {!#%@} he was talking about!!!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:27 am

Electro432 wrote:Your veil reveals the confidencial

Gord wrote:Transcendence belongs to your own energy.
Ooh...can I play?

The future will be a sentient summoning of fulfillment.
(Hat tip to the New Age Bull-Shit Generator.) :mrgreen:

Edit: It's times like these that I reflect how much I love the Internet. I mean, I actually Googled "new age bull-shit generator"...and someone had created one. What a time to be alive!
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Kamil
Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Kamil » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:14 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Kamil wrote:As said before, the rate of anesthesia awareness during cardiac arrest is 1 in 1000. Yet, 10 percent of cardiac arrest patients have them and they feel totally real. That is one reason why I can't fully dismiss them.

Nikki to the rescue! :mrgreen:

Two of the most common sedative anesthetics are dexmedetomidine hydrochloride and propofol. Some of the side effects of propofol include hypoxia, confusion, delerium, abnormal dreams, euphoria, and hallucination. Some of the side effects of dexmedetomidine hydrochloride include hypoxia, confusional state, delirium, hallucination, and illusion.


The thing is that these NDEs are very clear and don't sound confusing
And how do they pick up things during OBEs?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?
Confidencia wrote: In all places at all times. Wherever consciousness is I am, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

So, in other words, it's more of your incoherent bull-shit, that you post without thinking. Have you got anything new to tell us? :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 am

Confidencia wrote: I am what I am. Nameless, formless, timeless being.
I see. A bit like a lingering silent fart, that you can only just smell. :D

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Great! What is it?


Obviously consciousness, it is in all places at all times.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:14 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact. Just examine yourself a little more closely. You are contradicting yourself all the time. What you say today you unsay tomorrow.
That's called "changing your mind" which lots of people do when they learn new information. It doesn't prove "duality in consciousness" any more than being torn among three choices proves "trinity in consciousness."


No. But the idea of a mind does. In reality it does not exist.

Confidencia wrote:There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Consciousness is always of something whilst awareness stands alone.

Well, now I'm out of EVOO, so I can't even make more salad dressing.


I've already told you, you need not have to dress the fact, it speaks for itself. Just a little intelligent understanding will do.

Confidencia wrote:The person is never the subject, the subject cannot be an object in the consciousness. You see the mirror and the image in the mirror in your mind.
"The person is never the subject." By that logic, as the observer, I can't observe anyone at all.


Yet you do all the same.

Confidencia wrote:No doubt you all have your own slant based on the illusion of an individual.
No, there have been times when we've disagreed completely, not merely had different slants.


It comes to the same.

Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.


Since there is no emotional overtone to the memory of my tenth birthday it means absolutely nothing to me. It does not weigh on me in the slightest. And light is the colourless factor in every colour, I only deal with the fact. I'm not much interested in opinions, my own or those of the others. In regards to my mother it was sex. As I stood between her legs as she brushed my hair as a child I could smell sex.

Confidencia wrote:Your words are wiser than you are, You are a victim of your own language. Look at your language closely. You say my body as if it is something aside yourself, like I would say my car, the car being the addition. There's is me one and the car two. What are you referring to when you say my or me ? Or when you say I am? Is it not the subject referring to its object whether that be the body or the car or anything else for that matter?
No, dear. I made the distinction only to explain to you the necessity of the sensory organs and brain. My body, brain, and thoughts are all integrated into "me."


Whether you made the distinction to explain it to me or anybody else the necessity of the sensory organs and their integration in the brain is a foregone conclusion. My point was merely to make you aware that the brain takes care of its body, the body basically functions by itself without any intervention from you. Your language clearly refers to a subject and object but through the lack of experience you identify the object as being the subject.

Confidencia wrote:Awareness is not limited to consciousness, it is of all there is. You are limiting and restricting yourself to the narrow confines of brain consciousness, your thoughts and feelings. During your sleep brain consciousness is suspended. If you were more aware of your consciousness rather than just your thoughts and feelings in consciousness you would be aware of even your sleep as in knowing that you are sleeping.
Do you believe that your dreams and nightmares are real experiences?


Dreams and nightmares are the echoes of your waking state, there is no such thing as a real experience however sublime.

Confidencia wrote:Thinking about that which you have not directly observed is the minds default mode of thought, it is called the imagination. You need no special ability it is what the mind does naturally. An infant is doing this all the while it plays. Reality is not a product of the mind, it cannot be imagined. It has nothing to do with what you like or rather what you don't like. It is what it is. The witness is neither fair or biased it sees what it sees, end of.
This neatly contradicts what you said previously: No consciousness, no world. Now here, you say reality is not a product of the mind. You can't have it both ways.


There is no contradiction. It is your mind that projects a world. This world and its projector is contained in the consciousness hence the reason why you cannot have a world without consciousness.

Confidencia wrote:I do apologise. Have you any proof that the world ticks along fine when you are asleep? What continues is the mental process. The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes. It is your memory that give you the illusion of continuity there is no continuation in existence, each moment is new and ever fresh.
No apology necessary. I merely offered the information for future reference. My gender is not apparent from my screen name or avatar image, and it's irrelevant to this discussion. And, yes, actually, I do have proof. My weird ex-BF took a couple of photos of me while I was fast asleep. Had the world stopped, he wouldn't have been able to do so.


This scenario has already been memorised in the consciousness in an untold number of combinations. You dream that you go to sleep, you dream that you are awake. You body merely reacts to impact, you cannot say a reflex whether mental or physical is proof that you are actually fully awake. You largely operate below the threshold of consciousness. As I've said earlier it is your memory giving you the illusion of continuation and repitition creates the idea of time.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The body and the world appear at the same time.
If the world didn't exist before you were born, where were your parents?
They existed as a potential in consciousness as does everything else.
If they were merely potential, how did they manage to conceive you?


They didn't, I conceived them.

Confidencia wrote:You and you alone can verify everything I've said here. The question is are you interested enough. Without interest nothing can be done.
Is curious the same thing as interested?


Yes.

Confidencia wrote:There are enough forums I need not invent another for the sake of it.
However, again, this forum requires evidence.


You are the proof of everything.

Confidencia wrote:But the facts remain and cannot be argued against hence the reason no flavours, colours or preservatives can be added.
I don't agree that you've stated any facts.


Unless you investigate with earnest you never will.
Last edited by Confidencia on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Your veil reveals the confidencial

Gord wrote:Transcendence belongs to your own energy.
Ooh...can I play?

The future will be a sentient summoning of fulfillment.
(Hat tip to the New Age Bull-Shit Generator.) :mrgreen:

Edit: It's times like these that I reflect how much I love the Internet. I mean, I actually Googled "new age bull-shit generator"...and someone had created one. What a time to be alive!

I just use the one in my signature. That's what it's for!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 am

Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Your veil reveals the confidencial

Gord wrote:Transcendence belongs to your own energy.
Ooh...can I play?

The future will be a sentient summoning of fulfillment.
(Hat tip to the New Age Bull-Shit Generator.) :mrgreen:

Edit: It's times like these that I reflect how much I love the Internet. I mean, I actually Googled "new age bull-shit generator"...and someone had created one. What a time to be alive!

I just use the one in my signature. That's what it's for!


Yes that's the thing with words, they can be moulded and shaped according to ones perception. One word can have a number of contradictions and convey several different meanings simultaneously.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: I am what I am. Nameless, formless, timeless being.
I see. A bit like a lingering silent fart, that you can only just smell. :D


:lol: yes some people can actually taste them and hear the silence. It all depends on your level of sensitivity .

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?
Confidencia wrote: In all places at all times. Wherever consciousness is I am, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

So, in other words, it's more of your incoherent bull-shit, that you post without thinking. Have you got anything new to tell us? :lol:


No sir. There is nothing new under the sun sir.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Poodle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 am

Confidencia wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?
Confidencia wrote: In all places at all times. Wherever consciousness is I am, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

So, in other words, it's more of your incoherent bull-shit, that you post without thinking. Have you got anything new to tell us? :lol:


No sir. There is nothing new under the sun sir.

But some things are in extremely short supply.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Dualists Debunk Themselves!

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:03 am

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: Hey Confidencia? Can you draw us a little picture showing where you were standing when you watched yourself being born?
Confidencia wrote: In all places at all times. Wherever consciousness is I am, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

So, in other words, it's more of your incoherent bull-shit, that you post without thinking. Have you got anything new to tell us? :lol:


No sir. There is nothing new under the sun sir.

But some things are in extremely short supply.



Raise the level of your consciousness you will see everything in abundance.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8097
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Poodle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 am

... including glib responses.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

Poodle wrote:... including glib responses.

Yes. All that you can think of and more. After all we are talking about the highest of the highest.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Gord » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:52 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Electro432 wrote:Your veil reveals the confidencial

Gord wrote:Transcendence belongs to your own energy.
Ooh...can I play?

The future will be a sentient summoning of fulfillment.
(Hat tip to the New Age Bull-Shit Generator.) :mrgreen:

Edit: It's times like these that I reflect how much I love the Internet. I mean, I actually Googled "new age bull-shit generator"...and someone had created one. What a time to be alive!

I just use the one in my signature. That's what it's for!

Yes that's the thing with words, they can be moulded and shaped according to ones perception. One word can have a number of contradictions and convey several different meanings simultaneously.

In that case, you probably have no idea what anyone ever says to you. Which makes sense! It explains why you purple monkey dishwasher.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Great! What is it?

Obviously consciousness, it is in all places at all times.

That's not evidence, that's another assertion. What's your evidence that consciousness exists in all places at all times? I believe you that someone was conscious before your birth (your mother for one), but what evidence do you have that you were?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.

Get used to hearing this as long as you're here: Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Yes. And so do you if you care to look.

Great! What is it?

Obviously consciousness, it is in all places at all times.

That's not evidence, that's another assertion. What's your evidence that consciousness exists in all places at all times? I believe you that someone was conscious before your birth (your mother for one), but what evidence do you have that you were?


I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.
Consciousness is all inclusive fully comprehensive, so large is its scope it includes all and contains everything. Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it. The fact that I am consciousness and all else is seen within the scope of my consciousness is evidence enough. There is nothing outside of consciousness you only imagine it to be so.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.

So far so good.
Confidencia wrote:Consciousness is all inclusive fully comprehensive, so large is its scope it includes all and contains everything.

Consciousness doesn't include anything; it is the state of being aware. What do you mean it's "all inclusive"?
Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it. The fact that I am consciousness and all else is seen within the scope of my consciousness is evidence enough. There is nothing outside of consciousness you only imagine it to be so.

You mean you exist in space and time? That's correct, but those things aren't "in" you. And you aren't consciousness, you are conscious.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact. Just examine yourself a little more closely. You are contradicting yourself all the time. What you say today you unsay tomorrow.
That's called "changing your mind" which lots of people do when they learn new information. It doesn't prove "duality in consciousness" any more than being torn among three choices proves "trinity in consciousness."
No. But the idea of a mind does. In reality it does not exist.
You express yourself inadequately here. Your "no, but" implies that you agree with my statement. You fail to explain how the "idea of a mind" proves "duality in consciousness." And in your last sentence, "it" is a pronoun with no referent unless an intuited connection with the previous sentence is made.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The person is never the subject, the subject cannot be an object in the consciousness. You see the mirror and the image in the mirror in your mind.
"The person is never the subject." By that logic, as the observer, I can't observe anyone at all.
Yet you do all the same.
Another contradiction.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.
Since there is no emotional overtone to the memory of my tenth birthday it means absolutely nothing to me. It does not weigh on me in the slightest. And light is the colourless factor in every colour, I only deal with the fact. I'm not much interested in opinions, my own or those of the others. In regards to my mother it was sex. As I stood between her legs as she brushed my hair as a child I could smell sex.
While a psychiatrist would have a field day with that last admission, none of your responses answer the question. You said that "a thought is a material thing." Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?

Confidencia wrote:My point was merely to make you aware that the brain takes care of its body, the body basically functions by itself without any intervention from you.
1. Now you're doing it...separating the body from "me."
2. The body absolutely requires my active intervention. If I fail to provide the body with adequate nutrition, it will cease to function.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Thinking about that which you have not directly observed is the minds default mode of thought, it is called the imagination. You need no special ability it is what the mind does naturally. An infant is doing this all the while it plays. Reality is not a product of the mind, it cannot be imagined. It has nothing to do with what you like or rather what you don't like. It is what it is. The witness is neither fair or biased it sees what it sees, end of.
This neatly contradicts what you said previously: No consciousness, no world. Now here, you say reality is not a product of the mind. You can't have it both ways.
There is no contradiction. It is your mind that projects a world. This world and its projector is contained in the consciousness hence the reason why you cannot have a world without consciousness.
Again, this is just solipsism...not a new idea.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Have you any proof that the world ticks along fine when you are asleep? What continues is the mental process. The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes. It is your memory that give you the illusion of continuity there is no continuation in existence, each moment is new and ever fresh.
And, yes, actually, I do have proof. My weird ex-BF took a couple of photos of me while I was fast asleep. Had the world stopped, he wouldn't have been able to do so.
This scenario has already been memorised in the consciousness in an untold number of combinations. You dream that you go to sleep, you dream that you are awake. You body merely reacts to impact, you cannot say a reflex whether mental or physical is proof that you are actually fully awake. You largely operate below the threshold of consciousness. As I've said earlier it is your memory giving you the illusion of continuation and repitition creates the idea of time.
A memorized scenario? From where did I learn it in sufficient repetition to memorize it?

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The body and the world appear at the same time.
If the world didn't exist before you were born, where were your parents?
They existed as a potential in consciousness as does everything else.
If they were merely potential, how did they manage to conceive you?
They didn't, I conceived them.
That must have been awkward in the maternity ward. So, you're denying all physical existence?

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:You and you alone can verify everything I've said here. The question is are you interested enough. Without interest nothing can be done.
Is curious the same thing as interested?
Yes.
Every time my curiosity is tickled, you jump off a cliff and say something eminently silly, like your parents didn't conceive you; you conceived them. If you deny the physical realm of existence, then I'm uninterested.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.
Caught you. Now, how did that go? "Your language is wiser than you are." I think that was it.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.

So far so good.

Confidencia wrote:Consciousness is all inclusive fully comprehensive, so large is its scope it includes all and contains everything.

Consciousness doesn't include anything; it is the state of being aware. What do you mean it's "all inclusive"?


I mean it includes all things pertaining to matter. What do you know beyond matter? Awareness stands alone it does not need the support of consciousness.

Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it. The fact that I am consciousness and all else is seen within the scope of my consciousness is evidence enough. There is nothing outside of consciousness you only imagine it to be so.

You mean you exist in space and time? That's correct, but those things aren't "in" you. And you aren't consciousness, you are conscious.


That is what you have been told. Use your intelligence and work it out for yourself by thinking for yourself. You will find that the self conscious and the unconscious are attributes of consciousness. I am not conscious I am aware that I am conscious there is a difference, besides there's no such thing as being conscious of awareness which is what you imply. As a person you are conscious of your thoughts and feelings but you are not aware that you are conscious. And if we were in time it would not be relative to one another, it would run concurrently. Which is obviously not the case when vast distances are taken into consideration .

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.
Caught you. Now, how did that go? "Your language is wiser than you are." I think that was it.


You have caught nothing but your own misunderstanding.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.

So far so good.

Confidencia wrote:Consciousness is all inclusive fully comprehensive, so large is its scope it includes all and contains everything.

Consciousness doesn't include anything; it is the state of being aware. What do you mean it's "all inclusive"?

I mean it includes all things pertaining to matter. What do you know beyond matter? Awareness stands alone it does not need the support of consciousness.

That's nonsense; "the state of being aware" is the definition of "consciousness". Awareness doesn't need the support of consciousness because they are synonyms.

Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it. The fact that I am consciousness and all else is seen within the scope of my consciousness is evidence enough. There is nothing outside of consciousness you only imagine it to be so.

You mean you exist in space and time? That's correct, but those things aren't "in" you. And you aren't consciousness, you are conscious.

That is what you have been told. Use your intelligence and work it out for yourself by thinking for yourself. You will find that the self conscious and the unconscious are attributes of consciousness. I am not conscious I am aware that I am conscious there is a difference, besides there's no such thing as being conscious of awareness which is what you imply. As a person you are conscious of your thoughts and feelings but you are not aware that you are conscious. And if we were in time it would not be relative to one another, it would run concurrently. Which is obviously not the case when vast distances are taken into consideration .[/quote]
Yes, you are conscious of being conscious. That doesn't mean that you are consciousness. You can have consciousness, is that what you mean?

I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.
Caught you. Now, how did that go? "Your language is wiser than you are." I think that was it.


You have caught nothing but your own misunderstanding.

Nope. You talked about your body as a subject, separate from "you."
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest