What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 am

Austin Harper wrote:I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness

Confidencia wrote:To be Conscious is to function like a robot. This robot appears to move as it reacts to impact within its field of Consciousness. All imprints are pre-recorded in the Consciousness of the robot; commonly known as the person and then regulated via brain Consciousness. This system of reacting to impact is based on the flight or fight mechanism of brain Consciousness. In common parlance it is known as being Aware. However since this kind of Awareness is rooted in memory; on a higher level of Consciousness it is only seen as a reflection in Consciousness, it cannot be classed as being in full Awareness because of its restriction to the field of Consciousness. Consciousness being the matrix that contains the conscious experience. Awareness being the cognisance of Consciousness and the common matrix of every experience within the field of Consciousness.

As I thought. That's not what any of those words mean. Here's what the rest of the world means when they use those words:
Merriam-Webster wrote:
  • conscious: perceiving, apprehending, or noticing with a degree of controlled thought or observation
  • consciousness: the quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself
  • aware: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge
  • awareness: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge

Can you see the difference?
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:So if I said that you're a blue shape-shifting dog, it would not require any evidence because it is self evident.


...that I am not a blue shape-shifting dog.

Just going by your logic.


It's simple isn't it?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:30 am

Cadmusteeth wrote: Just going by your logic.
Confidencia wrote:It's simple isn't it?
You just agreed with Cadmusteeth that your posts are incoherent. :lol:

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:59 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness

Confidencia wrote:To be Conscious is to function like a robot. This robot appears to move as it reacts to impact within its field of Consciousness. All imprints are pre-recorded in the Consciousness of the robot; commonly known as the person and then regulated via brain Consciousness. This system of reacting to impact is based on the flight or fight mechanism of brain Consciousness. In common parlance it is known as being Aware. However since this kind of Awareness is rooted in memory; on a higher level of Consciousness it is only seen as a reflection in Consciousness, it cannot be classed as being in full Awareness because of its restriction to the field of Consciousness. Consciousness being the matrix that contains the conscious experience. Awareness being the cognisance of Consciousness and the common matrix of every experience within the field of Consciousness.

As I thought. That's not what any of those words mean. Here's what the rest of the world means when they use those words:
Merriam-Webster wrote:
  • conscious: perceiving, apprehending, or noticing with a degree of controlled thought or observation
  • consciousness: the quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself
  • aware: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge
  • awareness: having or showing realization, perception, or knowledge

Can you see the difference?


The difference is marginal there is hardly any borderline between the two. Perhaps the difference lies in our approach. Yours reads as if you've copied and pasted it out of a text book into the thread. Whereas my findings are based on my investigation and own experience.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 am

Confidencia explains his incoherent posts
Confidencia wrote:Yours reads as if you've copied and pasted it out of a text book into the thread. Whereas my findings are based on my investigation and own experience.

So your definition is subjective to you and all your errors are compounded into your false applied subjective meanings, that make no sense to normal people.

No wonder you write complete gibberish. :lol:

You relocate to a dualist forum and posts your subjective gibberish there. They can respond in their subjective gibberish.
:D

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 am

Close. I copied and pasted out of a dictionary (note the link). Perhaps you are familiar with dictionaries? They contain the definitions of words. Those definitions are what people mean when they use those words. When you use those words and don't use them in the same way as the rest of us, they become meaningless. Your definitions don't make any sense.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:09 am

Suddenly, it's beautifully peaceful and zen in here. Image
Image
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:22 am

Austin Harper wrote:Close. I copied and pasted out of a dictionary (note the link). Perhaps you are familiar with dictionaries? They contain the definitions of words. Those definitions are what people mean when they use those words. When you use those words and don't use them in the same way as the rest of us, they become meaningless. Your definitions don't make any sense.


The masses are ignorant and only know what they have been taught according to the structure and conventions of their language. There are deeper meanings to those words we have discussed only you must search within yourself and disregard what you have been taught. Unless you break down the walls which you have built up around yourself you will never know the real you. Words pertain to the image you project, not you.
In reality all words are meaningless beyond their utility. They can describe your present state in consciousness but not that which was prior to the consciousness. And unless you know that which was prior to your birth it is all meaningless.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Close. I copied and pasted out of a dictionary (note the link). Perhaps you are familiar with dictionaries? They contain the definitions of words. Those definitions are what people mean when they use those words. When you use those words and don't use them in the same way as the rest of us, they become meaningless. Your definitions don't make any sense.

The masses are ignorant and only know what they have been taught according to the structure and conventions of their language.

Yeah, that's how language works. We all agree on what words mean so that we can use them with each other. You've been given examples of what happens when you insist words mean something other than what everyone agrees they do.
Confidencia wrote:In reality all words are meaningless beyond their utility.

Bingo. Words are symbols that we use to convey meaning about ideas. If you want to talk about a new idea, don't use existing words to do so. If you see some animal flying through the air in the forest and you tell somebody you saw a notebook, they're not going to have any idea what you're talking about. If you say they're just ignorant and don't know the true meaning of the word notebook, they'll know that you're a blathering idiot. Your definitions of consciousness are meaningless in the same way.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19763
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Suddenly, it's beautifully peaceful and zen in here. Image
Image

My ignore list is also swelling with Shaka's many incarnations. Maybe it could delete some old accounts?
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:13 am

Confidencia wrote: The masses are ignorant and only know what they have been taught according to the structure and conventions of their language.
Nope. We "masses" can both exchange information, using our clear knowledge of English, and then create new concepts like poetry, art, film and literature.

You never got that far and don't have any fixed meaning for words. You are now getting frustrated and upset because you never learned how to communicate with normal people.

Bad luck Son.
:lol:

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:Close. I copied and pasted out of a dictionary (note the link). Perhaps you are familiar with dictionaries? They contain the definitions of words. Those definitions are what people mean when they use those words. When you use those words and don't use them in the same way as the rest of us, they become meaningless. Your definitions don't make any sense.

The masses are ignorant and only know what they have been taught according to the structure and conventions of their language.

Yeah, that's how language works. We all agree on what words mean so that we can use them with each other. You've been given examples of what happens when you insist words mean something other than what everyone agrees they do.

In a way you are right in what you say but and it is a big but. For real communication to take place there must be compassionate awareness expressed in direct action. Merely exchanging information is for your entertainment. Ideas are based on what you like or rather what you don't like, they have nothing to do with what is real.
Confidencia wrote:In reality all words are meaningless beyond their utility.

Bingo. Words are symbols that we use to convey meaning about ideas.

Of course. But you are missing the whole point, reality is not an idea, it cannot be conveyed through symbols, it must be experienced. Ideas are in the realms of dreaming. The word bread, you cannot eat it, on its own it means absolutely nothing; you derive meaning from the act of eating what the word represents.
If you want to talk about a new idea, don't use existing words to do so. If you see some animal flying through the air in the forest and you tell somebody you saw a notebook, they're not going to have any idea what you're talking about.

I am only interested in the fact of the matter not fanciful ideas. You are not hearing me, flying animals, notebooks and new ideas what have these to do with what is real?
If you say they're just ignorant and don't know the true meaning of the word notebook, they'll know that you're a blathering idiot. Your definitions of consciousness are meaningless in the same way.

It is what it is. It is neither my definition yours or anybody else's. If you insist on some definition it merely shows you have not understood.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26763
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Confidencia wrote:For real communication to take place there must be compassionate awareness expressed in direct action.
....a common understanding of the meaning of words.

You never got to that level. Bad luck son.
:lol:


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest