Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Halil
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 12:32 am

Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Halil » Fri May 19, 2017 3:49 am

http://skeptiko.com/critique-of-skeptics-guide-249/

This researcher has a list of arguments to show that NDEs are not a work of the brain

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 am

Halil wrote:This researcher has a list of arguments to show that NDEs are not a work of the brain

Firstly, can you please stop opening new NDE threads, when you haven't answered questions in the previous NDE thread you opened.

Secondly, your link is to a 2010 blog by a person called Keith Wood, whose only argument is that oxygen deprivation can cause other symptoms other than NDEs. However Keith Wood is totally ignorant that actual scientists have already discovered the reason some people feel they are having NDEs and OBEs.


Scientists Unlock Mystery Of Out-Of-Body Experiences
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/03/scie ... -her-body/

How the Brain Creates Out-of-Body Experiences
http://www.livescience.com/41128-out-of ... ained.html

The Temporal Parietal Junction and OBEs
http://science.howstuffworks.com/scienc ... death1.htm

Halil
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 12:32 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Halil » Fri May 19, 2017 4:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Halil wrote:This researcher has a list of arguments to show that NDEs are not a work of the brain

Firstly, can you please stop opening new NDE threads, when you haven't answered questions in the previous NDE thread you opened.

Secondly, your link is to a 2010 blog by a person called Keith Wood, whose only argument is that oxygen deprivation can cause other symptoms other than NDEs. However Keith Wood is totally ignorant that actual scientists have already discovered the reason some people feel they are having NDEs and OBEs.


Firstly, I apologize for that, and I won't do it again. Secondly thanks for your answer, I appreciate it. Do you think that it's possible that the reason only 10 percent of ppl have NDEs when they are clinically dead is maybe because 90 percent of the time oxygen loss or blood loss aren't enough to cause such an experience, but sometimes many factors which include hypoxia can cause these experiences whilst also making them feel extremely vivid ?

Scientists Unlock Mystery Of Out-Of-Body Experiences
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/03/scie ... -her-body/

How the Brain Creates Out-of-Body Experiences
http://www.livescience.com/41128-out-of ... ained.html

The Temporal Parietal Junction and OBEs
http://science.howstuffworks.com/scienc ... death1.htm

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

what are the properties of a soul?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri May 19, 2017 6:21 am

Halil wrote:. Do you think that it's possible that the reason only 10 percent of ppl have NDEs when they are clinically dead is maybe because 90 percent of the time oxygen loss or blood loss aren't enough to cause such an experience, but sometimes many factors which include hypoxia can cause these experiences whilst also making them feel extremely vivid
No. because 10% of clinically dead people don't have NDEs. Where on earth did you get that statistic?

Your turn.
If NDEs were really "souls" leaving the body, then how do they see pictures in closed envelopes or wiring in dark wall spaces? There is no light to see anything! Additionally, if souls can float through walls (not interact with the physical world) then how do they receive photons to see anything ( interact with the physical world)


Here's a challenge. Try write down the properties that define a "soul". You will find that you have conflicting claims the moment you try to write this down.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Halil wrote:http://skeptiko.com/critique-of-skeptics-guide-249/

This researcher has a list of arguments to show that NDEs are not a work of the brain



What you are trying to say here is that there is something behind them. NDE's are the workings of the brain. They are the result of a combination of chemicals released when the consciousness leaves the body. It's the bodies way of coping with the trauma. Energy which is consciousness itself cannot be destroy or created, it can only be transformed. There is no death in consciousness only in the forms in which it generates.

You can give it the name soul if you like but it is irrelevant, it can only be described as being aware. As the poster mentioned above, if you try to fit it into any other verbal construct you will only end up contradicting yourself. Being is awareness, it is absolute and complete.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu May 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Confidencia wrote:..... when the consciousness leaves the body. It's the bodies way of coping with the trauma.
Consciousness does not leave the body and you can't produce one iota of evidence that it ever has. You are simply being religious.

Confidencia wrote:Energy which is consciousness itself cannot be destroy or created, it can only be transformed.
Define this "magic energy"? If you can't describe it in anyway then how in hell can you claim it can transform? You can't define the states it transforms from, or ends up as. You are simply making up a fuzzy religious claim for no logical reason on a science forum. :lol:

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 am

Confidencia wrote:...There is no death in consciousness only in the forms in which it generates.

...Being is awareness, it is absolute and complete.


I would like to see robust evidence regarding those claims. Thank you.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Fri May 26, 2017 7:56 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Confidencia wrote:...There is no death in consciousness only in the forms in which it generates.

...Being is awareness, it is absolute and complete.


I would like to see robust evidence regarding those claims. Thank you.


As I've already said, for you, just being absolute and complete in your awareness will be sufficient evidence enough.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:..... when the consciousness leaves the body. It's the bodies way of coping with the trauma.
Consciousness does not leave the body and you can't produce one iota of evidence that it ever has. You are simply being religious.


And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Confidencia wrote:
Energy which is consciousness itself cannot be destroy or created, it can only be transformed.
Define this "magic energy"? If you can't describe it in anyway then how in hell can you claim it can transform? You can't define the states it transforms from, or ends up as. You are simply making up a fuzzy religious claim for no logical reason on a science forum. :lol:


What is your body if not a bundle of energy, are you going to tell me you have not grown since you were a child? Growth is transformation. Consciousness is a state of flux, whatever it pervade it transforms.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19802
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri May 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Confidencia wrote:
And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Nope, you're at a fail point. Your extraordinary claim is unsupported. Come back when you have wiped the poo off your "evidence."
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

How idiots justify religious claims

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat May 27, 2017 1:56 am

Confidencia makes a specific claim on a skeptic forum
Confidencia wrote:..... when the consciousness leaves the body. It's the body's way of coping with the trauma.

Skeptics ask for evidence for that claim
Matthew Ellard wrote: Consciousness does not leave the body and you can't produce one iota of evidence that it ever has.

Confidencia's brilliant retort
Confidencia wrote:And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Umm....errr....um....so if you say Superman is real, and because I can't provide any evidence that Superman is not real ("prove a negative") then Superman must be real? :lol:

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: How idiots justify religious claims

Postby Confidencia » Mon May 29, 2017 10:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Umm....errr....um....so if you say Superman is real, and because I can't provide any evidence that Superman is not real ("prove a negative") then Superman must be real? :lol:


No. I'm saying whatever you say is both true and false yet it is neither.

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon May 29, 2017 11:04 am

Confidencia wrote:What is your body if not a bundle of energy, are you going to tell me you have not grown since you were a child? Growth is transformation. Consciousness is a state of flux, whatever it pervade it transforms.


Oh please! Don't use the word energy unless you know what it means. Here's an experiment. Walk up to the top of a high cliff. According to physics, you will have increased your potential energy by doing that. So where in your body is that energy located, and how do you detect it?
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Confidencia wrote:What is your body if not a bundle of energy, are you going to tell me you have not grown since you were a child? Growth is transformation. Consciousness is a state of flux, whatever it pervade it transforms.


Oh please! Don't use the word energy unless you know what it means. Here's an experiment. Walk up to the top of a high cliff. According to physics, you will have increased your potential energy by doing that. So where in your body is that energy located, and how do you detect it?


You need not have to walk up a high cliff to increase your potential energy, just to desire is enough. Desire is energy and so is fear. Although science may not have the instrumentation to measure the finer subtleties of that statement, nevertheless you are not going to find them in your body. The potential energy is in the consciousness so you are going to be hard pushed to find it anywhere. Consciousness is formless and centred in the mind which is none existent. The mind is centred in the body which appears in the mind. That being said, who is going to look and for what?

When I said your body is a bundle of energy I was merely referring to its charge. Once your body depletes its charge which it generates through desires and fears the consciousness discards it and itself remains latent until another opportunity arises to spend the potential energy which it continuously generates. Thus another vehicle or body is created with this potential energy and the cycle starts all over again. Potential energy is stored energy. Don't ask where it is stored, it is with the observer at source.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Mon May 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Nope, you're at a fail point. Your extraordinary claim is unsupported. Come back when you have wiped the poo off your "evidence."


The only fail point is your own. You've fail to see that there is no evidence either way. But it is enough for me to know and you to find out.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon May 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Confidencia wrote: You need not have to walk up a high cliff to increase your potential energy, just to desire is enough.
No. That is religious nonsense. Let's read the scientific definition of potential energy together....

Potential energy noun
the energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself, electric charge, and other factors.


Confidencia wrote: When I said your body is a bundle of energy I was merely referring to its charge. Once your body depletes its charge which it generates through desires and fears the consciousness discards it and itself remains latent until another opportunity arises to spend the potential energy which it continuously generates. .
This is simply more religious bull-shit. Please post for us your current body's emotional charge?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19802
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue May 30, 2017 12:40 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
And you cannot produce one iota of evidence that it has not. So we are at a stalemate.

Nope, you're at a fail point. Your extraordinary claim is unsupported. Come back when you have wiped the poo off your "evidence."


The only fail point is your own. You've fail to see that there is no evidence either way. But it is enough for me to know and you to find out.

Keep "finding out", Junior, it might keep you out of trouble.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: You need not have to walk up a high cliff to increase your potential energy, just to desire is enough.
No. That is religious nonsense. Let's read the scientific definition of potential energy together....

Potential energy noun
the energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself, electric charge, and other factors.


Confidencia wrote: When I said your body is a bundle of energy I was merely referring to its charge. Once your body depletes its charge which it generates through desires and fears the consciousness discards it and itself remains latent until another opportunity arises to spend the potential energy which it continuously generates. .
This is simply more religious bull-shit. Please post for us your current body's emotional charge?


Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 30, 2017 1:20 am

Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 am

Slipped Stitch. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 30, 2017 1:44 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Slipped Stitch. :-P
I'm starting to see all the same sentences and themes from Shaka/ Clarifyit4me, turning up in Confidencia's posts. I don't know if they are the same person but I certainly recognise self justification from psychology.

"I have no formal education or knowledge, therefore I have an advantage, as I am a blank canvas"

...which is obviously, total rubbish and even more ridiculous considering they are making their specific claims for us to accept on a skeptic forum. :D

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 30, 2017 1:49 am

Pure love, I tells ya. Pure love. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 30, 2017 6:05 am

Confidencia, who hates education and science wrote: This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.
Confidencia, who then uses education and science wrote:Have you ever heard of quantum mechanics?

Sooooooo......I'm not allowed to use my education on subjects such as quantum mechanics, as it "destroys my sense of intelligence", but you, who has never read anything on quantum mechanics, can use quantum mechanics from science, as an explanation for your ridiculous claim?

Can you see your hypocrisy?

That's the ongoing problem with religious people posting on our science forum. You have a handfull of fuzzy conflicting thoughts in your head which make no sense when you try to write them down. This is why I suggested you go to a religious forum.
:D

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D


Oh, Confidencia has a point. It's obvious where you are getting your information from: Scientific textbooks. Why aren't you reading Deepak Chopra instead? You probably have to take an airplane to get from Chicago to New York. People who have Confidencia's approach can just levitate themselves all the way. I haven't seen your picture, by the way. Is your face VERY ridged? Like a Ruffles potato chip?
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Poodle » Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 pm

The cry of the terminally stupid.

Down with books! (Yay!)
Down with books! (Oh, man - YEAH!!!)
Books are bad (Yeah!)
How do we know (How?)
Errmmm ...

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D


Oh, Confidencia has a point. It's obvious where you are getting your information from: Scientific textbooks. Why aren't you reading Deepak Chopra instead? You probably have to take an airplane to get from Chicago to New York. People who have Confidencia's approach can just levitate themselves all the way. I haven't seen your picture, by the way. Is your face VERY ridged? Like a Ruffles potato chip?


It is whatever you want it to be. However which way you look at it you are imagining it. You see what you imagine and you imagine what you see. And leave my brother out of it.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 5:42 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D


You can call it what you like unless you know the one who is learning of what use is information to you?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D


Oh, Confidencia has a point. It's obvious where you are getting your information from: Scientific textbooks. Why aren't you reading Deepak Chopra instead? You probably have to take an airplane to get from Chicago to New York. People who have Confidencia's approach can just levitate themselves all the way. I haven't seen your picture, by the way. Is your face VERY ridged? Like a Ruffles potato chip?


It is whatever you want it to be. However which way you look at it you are imagining it. You see what you imagine and you imagine what you see. And leave my brother out of it.


I wasn't replying to you. This conversation was between Matthew Ellard and me.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia, who hates education and science wrote: This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.
Confidencia, who then uses education and science wrote:Have you ever heard of quantum mechanics?

Sooooooo......I'm not allowed to use my education on subjects such as quantum mechanics, as it "destroys my sense of intelligence", but you, who has never read anything on quantum mechanics, can use quantum mechanics from science, as an explanation for your ridiculous claim?

Can you see your hypocrisy?

That's the ongoing problem with religious people posting on our science forum. You have a handfull of fuzzy conflicting thoughts in your head which make no sense when you try to write them down. This is why I suggested you go to a religious forum.
:D


Give me something that does not contradict and I will have no choice but to take you word for it. As it happens you can't and never will. Your ideas of science are alright for a while but then they become stale and have to be thrown out. Are you always in the predictable mode of auto suggestion?
Last edited by Confidencia on Tue May 30, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: Go and look in your books it is obvious that's where you are getting all your information from. I was begining to wonder how could somebody be so ridged in their approach. This is the problem with education, it destroys your sense of intelligence.

So, is that why you have avoided any basic education?

I take the better approach and learn everything I can and then apply the scientific method to my assessment of this knowledge. This is called skepticism. (Now think very carefully......what is the name of the forum you are posting on? )
:D


Oh, Confidencia has a point. It's obvious where you are getting your information from: Scientific textbooks. Why aren't you reading Deepak Chopra instead? You probably have to take an airplane to get from Chicago to New York. People who have Confidencia's approach can just levitate themselves all the way. I haven't seen your picture, by the way. Is your face VERY ridged? Like a Ruffles potato chip?


It is whatever you want it to be. However which way you look at it you are imagining it. You see what you imagine and you imagine what you see. And leave my brother out of it.


I wasn't replying to you. This conversation was between Matthew Ellard and me.


Yeah I know. I like killing two birds with one stone.
Last edited by Confidencia on Tue May 30, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Tue May 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Slipped Stitch. :-P
I'm starting to see all the same sentences and themes from Shaka/ Clarifyit4me, turning up in Confidencia's posts. I don't know if they are the same person but I certainly recognise self justification from psychology.

"I have no formal education or knowledge, therefore I have an advantage, as I am a blank canvas"

...which is obviously, total rubbish and even more ridiculous considering they are making their specific claims for us to accept on a skeptic forum. :D


There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Poodle » Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Confidencia wrote:... There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

Here we go. Predictable drivel. When will people such as you escape from your psychological chains?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19816
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Slipped Stitch. :-P
I'm starting to see all the same sentences and themes from Shaka/ Clarifyit4me, turning up in Confidencia's posts. I don't know if they are the same person but I certainly recognise self justification from psychology.

"I have no formal education or knowledge, therefore I have an advantage, as I am a blank canvas"

...which is obviously, total rubbish and even more ridiculous considering they are making their specific claims for us to accept on a skeptic forum. :D


There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

Scat's for us to assess.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Confidencia wrote: Give me something that does not contradict and I will have no choice but to take you word for it.
I have done that now six times. I have linked you to numerous scientific hypotheses stating "Out of body experiences" are mere psychological phenomena, that have gone through rigorous positive repeatable experimentation, over decades. You ignored them.

You can't even set out a description of your claim of paranormal OBEs and therefore can't even make a clear statement. The prime reason is that you are merely spamming wishy washy conflicting religious propaganda.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Confidencia wrote: There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.
So here you are spamming, religious crap, that you know is not true, on a fact based science forum.

Go away and relocate to a religious forum for religious discussion.
:lol:

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed May 31, 2017 10:05 am

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:... There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

Here we go. Predictable drivel. When will people such as you escape from your psychological chains?


I'm not going to try to disabuse Confidencia of this cockamamie world-view. I've generally found it is hopeless. That's why I didn't even try to explain that there is a difference between "ridged" and "rigid." Confidencia didn't seem to get my snarky remark on that topic.

People with this world-view, described well by Santayana as "walking through one world while mentally beholding another," are frequently very nice people. And they may be lucky enough to get through a happy life without ever having to confront reality. But they might not, also. I have friends going back 50 years, who were ardent Christian Scientists, very sure that Christian Science was the answer to all human ills. Very nice people they were and still are. But they weren't lucky. Their baby died of very treatable menningitis. This changed their world-view, although I know cases of faith-healing parents who continued on their sad way, even after their beliefs cost one of their children its life.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:... There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

Here we go. Predictable drivel. When will people such as you escape from your psychological chains?


I'm not going to try to disabuse Confidencia of this cockamamie world-view. I've generally found it is hopeless. That's why I didn't even try to explain that there is a difference between "ridged" and "rigid." Confidencia didn't seem to get my snarky remark on that topic.



Actually I did but just over ruled it. Sarcasm and disrespect seems to be the general theme here so I simply take it with a pinch of salt.

People with this world-view, described well by Santayana as "walking through one world while mentally beholding another," are frequently very nice people. And they may be lucky enough to get through a happy life without ever having to confront reality.


You talk as if you know what reality is. If you are anything like Mathew Please do not give me a synopsis.

But they might not, also. I have friends going back 50 years, who were ardent Christian Scientists, very sure that Christian Science was the answer to all human ills. Very nice people they were and still are. But they weren't lucky. Their baby died of very treatable menningitis. This changed their world-view, although I know cases of faith-healing parents who continued on their sad way, even after their beliefs cost one of their children its life.


You might want to examine your own beliefs before you start projecting them onto others. I simply see things as they are. Tell me something Upton, are you conscious 24/7?

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm

Poodle wrote:
Confidencia wrote:... There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.

Here we go. Predictable drivel. When will people such as you escape from your psychological chains?


Probably when the veil of your own ignorance is lifted, only then will you realise the chains are on you.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Confidencia » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote: There are no advantages or benefits to knowing the real fact of the matter.
[color=#000080]So here you are spamming, religious crap, that you know is not true, on a fact based science forum. :lol:


Nothing perceivable is true, what's new?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Does this debunk oxygen theory for NDEs?

Postby Gord » Wed May 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Confidencia wrote:Nothing perceivable is true

How did you come to perceive such a thing?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest