Phenomena: The Secret History of the U.S. Government's Investigations into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Elves, Unicorns, Gorgeous & Genaro

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 am

I have been reading the CIA files on Stargate and it's becoming clearer what happened. The research activities of the program was in fact very small and were assigned to small independent groups, like the Stanford Research Institute (Not part of the university). The peak was 1973 when the SRI was getting some positive results from experiments on Uri Geller. (Somehow James Randi gets a spy into those experiments but that's another story.) However in 1974 the CIA, independent to the research organisations, obtains a confession from Geller's previous manager that explains how Geller does the tricks. The CIA/DIA then finds other examples of cheating by other test subjects and starts to wind back funding. The CIA/DIA lose interest, but the Stanford Research Institute does not.

What then happens is that the people running the SRI experiments, Targ and Puthoff start getting into public fight with Randi about their reputation. Randi then makes specific claims (eg "there was a hole in the isolation room that Geller could see out of") and the SRI researchers state.."Well yes there was a hole but it wasn't very big" which means the experiments were indeed flawed.

It then comes out that Targ was married to Bobby Fischer's sister, (Bobby was claiming the KGB was using psychic waves against his at chess tournaments) and Puthoff was an ex OT Level VII scientologist who already claimed he could remote view things himself. Naturally, neither, Targ or Puthoff ever tried to repeat their PSI experiments.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: Phenomena: The Secret History of the U.S. Government's Investigations into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:00 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Dear retarded boy. You are the idiot who ran away from the forum after claiming birthmarks were evidence of reincarnation of people who died from gunshot trauma and forgot 18 million people died of gunshot and related trauma in WWI ......yet there was no increase in birthmarks.

:laff: Omg...I'm dyin' here. :laff: My previous self must've taken a crapload of birdshot. I knew it! Former me was murdered by Dick Cheney!
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”