Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Lance Kennedy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis

Cygnus

I agree with your evaluation. There was a book published in 2000 about the Rare Earth Hypothesis (reference above), in which the authors postulate that the conditions needed for abiogenesis, and then survival and evolution for a further 4 billion years, to give rise to intelligence, will be rare. They even believe that our galaxy is unusual (a history of few collisions with other galaxies, and apparently no collision with any other large galaxy).

Since their book was published, a great many exoplanets have been discovered, and the results are consistent with the Rare Earth Hypothesis. For example, most star systems have planets in quite elliptical orbits, whicn make for seriously nasty temperature changes. Stars are unstable. Planetary systems have gas giants close to the parent star. And so on.

It may be that Earth is the only planet in our own galaxy with complex life, and it may be that few other galaxies have any such worlds.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 pm

SFW?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:"Lieutenant Uhura, open a hailing frequency."
"Which frequency, Captain?"
"..."

image001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm

George Carlin said---"'I hope we're interfered with again by the extraterrestrials and this time they help.. I hope they say we're going to do another genetic thing to you humans just like we did when we we taught you architecture...when suddenly you could lift stones up and build the pyramids..when suddenly you had mathematics and many other things.' "
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm

That was some false flag in C-ville, doncha think? Great crisis actors they had! Where's your assessment?
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 pm

:off:
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:10 pm

:hmm: We know. But it doesn't matter. Regardless of what you say, no one is taking it seriously. But you still should stop doing that, manners and all that, ya know.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:26 pm

gorgeous wrote: :off:
Go away Gorgeous. You spam your "Seth spirit" rubbish in every thread even though you know the "Seth" predictions never happened. :lol:

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 am

gorgeous wrote:George Carlin said---"'I hope we're interfered with again by the extraterrestrials and this time they help.. I hope they say we're going to do another genetic thing to you humans just like we did when we we taught you architecture...when suddenly you could lift stones up and build the pyramids..when suddenly you had mathematics and many other things.' "
Do you understand that George Carlin was a very tongue-in-cheek, extremely sarcastic comedian?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 am

{!#%@}, piss, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@} and tits! I never knew George Carlin believed in aliens...
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:{!#%@}, piss, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@} and tits! I never knew George Carlin believed in aliens...
Apparently, there are only five of 'em you can't say in here. :mrgreen:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Carlin believed in aliens
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10406
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:{!#%@}, piss, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@} and tits! I never knew George Carlin believed in aliens...
Apparently, there are only five of 'em you can't say in here. :mrgreen:


You can't say {!#%@} either.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Lance Kennedy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Lots of people believe in aliens. Some of them are rational, about it, suggesting there may be aliens we have not detected somewhere out in the vast galaxy. Some are idiots and believe that aliens are here on Earth. Nothing unusual about either belief and nothing unusual about encountering morons.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 pm

carlin was a moron?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Lance Kennedy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm

No, but you are.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 pm

why must you call people names? because you can't dispute their posts?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7358
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby TJrandom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:{!#%@}, piss, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@} and tits! I never knew George Carlin believed in aliens...
Apparently, there are only five of 'em you can't say in here. :mrgreen:


You can't say {!#%@} either.


I was having some difficulty with that one... :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 pm

gorgeous wrote:why must you call people names? because you can't dispute their posts?

Gorgeous, you mindless idiot. You never defend any of your claims. Your entire purpose in life is to just post "woo" propaganda and run away from questions. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10150
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 pm

There was an old catchy tune: "........♫..... I got a girl called Bony Moroni......."

........so I looked for it. GAWD, I LOVE THE GOOGLE.

Its exists, not a figment of my imagination. I'll post here........and listen to it later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdmuqYCf5Ik

Yep......every bit as good as I remember. I bet Little Richard gave it "more pop?"
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:why must you call people names? because you can't dispute their posts?

:rotfl:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:There was an old catchy tune: "........♫..... I got a girl called Bony Moroni......."

Here is a cover of the same song by an Australian "glam band" called Hush. Les Gock the guitarist, quit and moved into TV jingles. He now buys a new Ferrari every year. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxGdP3fgjQ

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19622
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:44 am

:hmm: Blocked, try this one. :-D
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:{!#%@}, piss, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@}, {!#%@} and tits! I never knew George Carlin believed in aliens...
Apparently, there are only five of 'em you can't say in here. :mrgreen:

You can switch that off in your control panel if you're not a prude.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I can?! That's wicked awesome...thanks, Major! It's my mother's fault; she swore like a sailor. ;)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:I can?! That's wicked awesome...thanks, Major! It's my mother's fault; she swore like a sailor. ;)

What was her name?

:mrgreen:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I can?! That's wicked awesome...thanks, Major! It's my mother's fault; she swore like a sailor. ;)

What was her name?

:mrgreen:

"Hello." ;)
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I can?! That's wicked awesome...thanks, Major! It's my mother's fault; she swore like a sailor. ;)

What was her name?

:mrgreen:

"Helloooo sailor!" ;)

ftfy
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9861
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Lance Kennedy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 pm

To gorgeous, who dislikes being called a moron.

There are two different ways of being a moron.
1. Having such a low level of general intelligence, that even learning the most basic stuff is very difficult. Such people generally cannot help themselves and deserve our sympathy

2. A moronic level of gullibility. People who readily believe in little grey men from outer space because a neighbour saw a light in the sky that they assumed to be a flying saucer, fit this category. A moron based on high levels of gullibility may even have reasonable levels of general intelligence, but their gullibility puts them into the moron category.

A good example of gullible moronicity is the foo fighter phenomenon. During world war II, night bomber crews sometimes saw little lights buzzing around the night sky. At the time, that was seen as possibly high tech aircraft built and flown by Germans. But after the war was over, the sightings were accepted by the moron flying saucer believers as evidence of their visitors from outer space. This belief persists despite the research workers explanation. Researchers have duplicated the phenomenon in the laboratory. Volunteers in a very dark room were required to stare at instrument lights for half an hour at a time, and then look out a blackened window, sure enough they saw little lights darting left and right and up and down. The movement matched their own eye movements, and the little lights were after images.

Nevertheless, the True Believers still think the little lights seen by bomber crews were flying saucers. That is why they, and all like them, are morons.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby JO 753 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 am

I dont call peepl moronz for having an unpopular opinion. I call them idiots for disagreeing with me. :)

Lance, that foo fiter theory iz stoopid. How old were you wen you discovered spots in frunt uv your eyez after looking at sumthing brite?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:22 am

It could have some credence when you consider at the time most of the air force were country boys. No education, never seen an illuminated dashboard, two weeks of training and you're in the air, hope you don't get shot down... I can understand being a bit jittery and seeing lights... And maybe it just spread as a rumour, a ghost story, a meme. Something to scare the new recruits and keep them on edge.

"Watch out for the foo fighters".
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby JO 753 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am

Its not an education thing. Even toddlerz no about spots in frunt uv their eyez.

The only credible support for it woud be if they were blind til joining the airforse. Sins eye transplants or any other kind uv blindness cure did not exist back then, that didnt happen.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 am

JO, toddlers can use computers these days because they see them all the time.

Illuminated dashboards in cars didn't even become common until the '70s.

You're not using the correct historical lenses.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby JO 753 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am

But there wuz lite, eyeballz and darkness. No chans at all that a yung man joining the US Air Fors had manajd to not previously notis the after imaj uv the sun or other brite lites wen he clozed hiz eyez. The theory iz ludicrous.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 am

I don't know about the WW2 USAF, but towards the end, the RAF were pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Anyone who would front-up and say they wanna fly in an aeroplane. Mostly not pilots. How to point a gun.

They didn't know anything about persistence of vision, or reflection/refraction. They were also a lot more superstitious in those times. Probably even thought God made rainbows.

People say pilots are highly trained observers that should be trusted, and I call BS. Especially then.

I've known plenty of accomplished people with very strange ideas.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am

Major Malfunction wrote:It could have some credence when you consider at the time most of the air force were country boys. No education, never seen an illuminated dashboard, two weeks of training and you're in the air, hope you don't get shot down... I can understand being a bit jittery and seeing lights... And maybe it just spread as a rumour, a ghost story, a meme. Something to scare the new recruits and keep them on edge.

"Watch out for the foo fighters".

The pilots did two years of training and most of them had at least some college. Air crew schools were several months long.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 am

Major Malfunction wrote:JO, toddlers can use computers these days because they see them all the time.

Illuminated dashboards in cars didn't even become common until the '70s.

You're not using the correct historical lenses.

My '58 Chevy had a lighted dash.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11294
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:52 am

Fine, fine. You both win.

It was aliens. Couldn't ever have been anything else. It's not even worth questioning.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19424
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Fine, fine. You both win.

It was aliens. Couldn't ever have been anything else. It's not even worth questioning.

Nobody said that. Just pointing out that your arguments were lame. :lol:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7358
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby TJrandom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:JO, toddlers can use computers these days because they see them all the time.

Illuminated dashboards in cars didn't even become common until the '70s.

You're not using the correct historical lenses.

My '58 Chevy had a lighted dash.


My `50 Dodge truck had one too - but I don`t recall if the Model A or T did... did yours? :oldman:


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest