Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19473
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:10 am

Major Malfunction wrote:So, schitz.

Just like A.R.M.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Bees can do it. Bears can do it.

Even educated fleas can do it!

What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:40 pm

info from various races of aliens obtained from remote viewing sessions..... https://youtu.be/m5namkvKu_I
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:48 pm

greys said^^^^ they don't have an afterlife..they just move into another body...Strieber wrote of being shown drawers with grey bodies for use.......18 races of aliens talked
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19641
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Because they are waiting for the likes of georgie to go extinct.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 pm

gorgeous wrote:greys said^^^^ they don't have an afterlife..they just move into another body...
So what happened to all those dead aliens you claim were been dissected?

Why was there no rescue attempt by aliens to save their alien comrades?
:lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 am

the body dies....they exchange for a live one...it was planned so we would know they die and are vulnerable...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:52 am

Get a new speil. Hubbard already did it.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:58 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Get a new speil. Hubbard already did it.

I've been a sci-fi addict for as long as I can remember, but I have never read (and never will read) Hubbard's books, solely because of Scientology. I refuse to give those nutters a single penny.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:45 am

gorgeous wrote:the body dies....they exchange for a live one...
So you are now claiming all the alien dissection videos are fake because there were no spare alien bodies on hand?

You are also saying that the spare live alien is chucked out of his body so another alien can take it over, which doesn't make any sense at all. :lol:

Gorgeous? You simply made this bull-shit story up, on the spot, didn't you?
:lol:

User avatar
Monster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Monster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:Get a new speil. Hubbard already did it.

I've been a sci-fi addict for as long as I can remember, but I have never read (and never will read) Hubbard's books, solely because of Scientology. I refuse to give those nutters a single penny.

I read Battlefield Earth. It's not great, but definitely not bad. Maybe you can find it in a used bookstore.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Monster wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:Get a new speil. Hubbard already did it.

I've been a sci-fi addict for as long as I can remember, but I have never read (and never will read) Hubbard's books, solely because of Scientology. I refuse to give those nutters a single penny.

I read Battlefield Earth. It's not great, but definitely not bad. Maybe you can find it in a used bookstore.

Maybe, although I would be reading it with negative prejudgments of Hubbard.

Perhaps my attitude is irrational, but I've always taken issue with purchasing the products of a creative person when his/her ethics are repulsive to me. I don't know if you've watched Leah Remini's documentary on Scientology, but it's excoriating of the cult and its treatment of both members and former members.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29108
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Monster wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:Get a new speil. Hubbard already did it.

I've been a sci-fi addict for as long as I can remember, but I have never read (and never will read) Hubbard's books, solely because of Scientology. I refuse to give those nutters a single penny.

I read Battlefield Earth. It's not great, but definitely not bad. Maybe you can find it in a used bookstore.

Maybe, although I would be reading it with negative prejudgments of Hubbard.

Perhaps my attitude is irrational, but I've always taken issue with purchasing the products of a creative person when his/her ethics are repulsive to me. I don't know if you've watched Leah Remini's documentary on Scientology, but it's excoriating of the cult and its treatment of both members and former members.

My father read Dianetics when I was a kid. I've never read it, and I'm not even sure if he ever finished it, but I have fond memories of him sitting in his chair, chortling quietly to himself in a way I've never seen him do before or since.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29108
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm

Gord wrote:...I've never read it....

Well okay maybe I did read it, or most of it, or parts of it. What I remember of it, though, is pretty much the same as not having read it at all. I think I blocked it out to avoid going insane. :tease:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19473
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Gord wrote: I think I blocked it out to avoid going insane. :tease:

"Sadly, in the end, that didn't work either." 8-)
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29108
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Gord » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Point!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19641
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:the body dies....they exchange for a live one...
So you are now claiming all the alien dissection videos are fake because there were no spare alien bodies on hand?

You are also saying that the spare live alien is chucked out of his body so another alien can take it over, which doesn't make any sense at all. :lol:

Gorgeous? You simply made this bull-shit story up, on the spot, didn't you?
:lol:

Wait what, is little georgie admitting it's costumes? :lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Monster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4971
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Monster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Gord wrote:My father read Dianetics when I was a kid. I've never read it, and I'm not even sure if he ever finished it, but I have fond memories of him sitting in his chair, chortling quietly to himself in a way I've never seen him do before or since.

I've read about the first 50 to 100 pages. I forget. Dianetics is a very poorly written book. I quit reading it long before finishing.

It violated one of Scientology's tenets, which is "if you encounter a word you don't understand, go back and reread the text until you understand the word". Hubbard introduced terms without defining them, so it was impossible to go back to understand the words.

Nikki Nyx wrote:Maybe, although I would be reading it with negative prejudgments of Hubbard.

Perhaps my attitude is irrational, but I've always taken issue with purchasing the products of a creative person when his/her ethics are repulsive to me. I don't know if you've watched Leah Remini's documentary on Scientology, but it's excoriating of the cult and its treatment of both members and former members.

That's not irrational. A lot of people are like that, including me.

I have not yet seen that documentary, but I'm sure I will someday. And I'm already familiar with Scientology.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9884
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Scientology, Mormonism, Spiritualism, and possibly Islam are all religions begun by con artists out to scam people. Religion is irrational. We do not need the double whammy of irrational and dishonest at the same time.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10407
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Religious scams are not irrational. They work.

They may be unethical, their tenets may be irrational, but the scams themselves are not. If you want to scam a bunch of people, religion is a tried a true way to go.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:the body dies....they exchange for a live one...
So you are now claiming all the alien dissection videos are fake because there were no spare alien bodies on hand?

You are also saying that the spare live alien is chucked out of his body so another alien can take it over, which doesn't make any sense at all. :lol:

Gorgeous? You simply made this bull-shit story up, on the spot, didn't you?
:lol:

Wait what, is little georgie admitting it's costumes? :lol:

-----not costumes...just showing bodies are a coat that can be put on or taken off....we will learn to do that too...obe's are teaching it....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Kamil
Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Kamil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Spaceship Earth is religiously and politically in chaos. Corruption is rampant in all of our social political and economic system. Those are mostly led by corrupt officials, be they Popes, Presidents or our Plutocrat owners.

The only reason that aliens would travel between planetary systems, a time and energy using endeavor, would be for trade and curiosity as to the other types of entities aliens will encounter.

Variety and security of life would be the prime concerns to aliens as boredom within their peaceful Shangri-La’s would be the greatest force that they would fear and try to alieve with space travel and meeting various species.

Spaceship Earth is being rejected as a place to visit. Aliens know that they would add to the chaos that we already suffer, and that their security would be jeopardized by an association with Spaceship Earth.

Imagine yourself as a representative of an alien race. Of the millions of possible safe havens, species and cultures you could visit, would you choose a chaotic place like Spaceship Earth to visit?

Your answer my friend is why we have yet to contacted.

We are far from ready for any alien race to contact us and that situation will not change until we bring order to Spaceship Earth.

If you can think demographically and in galactic terms, which an alien race would have to do, then the solution to our chaos and disorder will come to your mind.

It will include a world leader and government, which would be what any alien Captain would look for. If an alien visited today and asked to be taken to our leader or Captain, his request could not be granted as we have yet to elect either. To think a Captain of an alien species would waste his time and resources on us is quite a foolish thought. Our chaos is also our enemy and until we bring our chaos to heel, we will remain alone in the universe.

Chaos in religious and political systems is any alien’s Captains first enemy. Our chaos is what has made aliens shun our Spaceship Earth.

Regards
DL


First of all, the term "aliens" is broad. If you mean that anything that is not native to earth is an alien, then I may accept that they exist. However, if your idea is that aliens are the classic grey with almond shaped eyes kind of thing then there is a disconnect. Even if aliens of high intelligence did exist, there is no reason to believe they would ever see us. You are basically trying to interpret them assuming they exist. How do you know what they would think or want to do? This is only a start and proves why your post is absurd.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:42 pm

gorgeous wrote:-----not costumes...just showing bodies are a coat that can be put on or taken off....

Spare Alien Body : $30/night plus $100 deposit.
alien costume.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Kamil wrote: If you mean that anything that is not native to earth is an alien, then I may accept that they exist.

What other definition could there be? I don't think illegal aliens would need to contact Earth, would they? They are already here.

The four limb human shape took 3,500,000,000 years to evolve, that way, on Earth. Earth has its own unique environment, atmosphere, gravity and so on. There is little chance an alien life-form on another planet evolving like a humanoid. Only people who don't understand evolution think aliens will be humanoid.

Kamil
Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Kamil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Kamil wrote: If you mean that anything that is not native to earth is an alien, then I may accept that they exist.

What other definition could there be? I don't think illegal aliens would need to contact Earth, would they? They are already here.

The four limb human shape took 3,500,000,000 years to evolve, that way, on Earth. Earth has its own unique environment, atmosphere, gravity and so on. There is little chance an alien life-form on another planet evolving like a humanoid. Only people who don't understand evolution think aliens will be humanoid.


Well put. Other life forms may look completely different and not even have limbs, the possibilities are endless. Another thing is even if we found out that these other life forms exist elsewhere, how could we ever understand their motives or even attempt to guess?

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 am

they are here ....they use telepathy...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Kamil
Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Kamil » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 am

gorgeous wrote:they are here ....they use telepathy...

Again, here is a checklist for you to complete:

1) prove they exist
2) demonstrate that we have some way of communicating with them
3) prove telepathy works. Even if it was a real concept, how do you know these "aliens" use telepathy? What if they communicate like dolphins? What if they can't talk?

Kamil
Poster
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:44 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Kamil » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 am

gorgeous wrote:they are here ....they use telepathy...

Oh and I disagree with your quote about science fundamentalism,

it should be the opposite, woo fundamentalism takes precedence when people fear the possibility and mere probability that their old family traditions from granny smith's old green apple sauce farm are threatened.

It's ok, Granny will squeeze you another sour apple.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Kamil wrote: If you mean that anything that is not native to earth is an alien, then I may accept that they exist.

What other definition could there be? I don't think illegal aliens would need to contact Earth, would they? They are already here.

The four limb human shape took 3,500,000,000 years to evolve, that way, on Earth. Earth has its own unique environment, atmosphere, gravity and so on. There is little chance an alien life-form on another planet evolving like a humanoid. Only people who don't understand evolution think aliens will be humanoid.

That was always one of my gripes about celluloid sci-fi: Mostly, the aliens were 99% human, and it was just some superficial physical feature that distinguished them from Earthlings. I mean, on ST:OS, they frequently depicted sexual attraction and relations between humans and alien species when, in reality, it's more likely they'd find each other repulsive and probable they wouldn't be cross-fertile. There were exceptions...the Horta, which was silicon-based; various energy-creatures; the salt vampire; the Gorn; etc. But the major galactic species were all humanoid...and very human.

Other depictions went too far in the other direction, and violated the laws of physics, like those gigantic insects in the movie adaptation of Starship Troopers. Did the square-cube law suddenly not apply? I get that it's fiction, but it's science fiction, FFS...not fantasy.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 am

read books about abductions and encounters....greys and others use telepathy https://youtu.be/R-1MLoum9hY
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4129
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:04 am

and there are giant praying mantis aliens...seem to be in charge...Strieber met them... and others...----Sight Unseen: Science, UFO Invisibility and Transgenic Beings



https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0743412192

Budd Hopkins, ‎Carol Rainey - 2004 - ‎Body, Mind & Spirit
aliens) are among the stranger forms of intelligent alien life aboard a ... and looking up at a six-to-seven-foot-tall praying mantis towering over her. When she cried out that she wanted her mother, the creature said to the child: "I am your mother.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19641
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 am

georgie, why don't you go outside and get some fresh air, maybe do some gardening...
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 am

:rotfl:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:00 am

gorgeous wrote:read books about abductions and encounters....greys and others use telepathy VIDEO

Gorgeous, you complete moron. This video has already been debunked. The alien is a rod-puppet.

Not only that, but to exemplify your absolute stupidity, the rod puppet talks in English which isn't telepathy, is it?
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 am

gorgeous wrote:and there are giant praying mantis aliens...seem to be in charge...Strieber met them...

Strieber was in a psychiatric hospital, you complete idiot. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26371
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:20 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:Other depictions went too far in the other direction, and violated the laws of physics, like those gigantic insects in the movie adaptation of Starship Troopers. Did the square-cube law suddenly not apply? I get that it's fiction, but it's science fiction, FFS...not fantasy.


If you can get your hands on two famous Russian science Fiction films (with English subtitles)......

Solaris ( not the George Clooney remake) The planet's ocean is alive and tries to communicate with the remaining crew on a floating station by reading their minds and sending them physical versions of their thoughts. The planet keeps making mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcglyhUre4w

Stalker ( Yep the video game is based on a Russian movie) Aliens leave a "burn line" across earth and a whole load of artifacts that no one can work out what they do. These areas become prohibited zones and a Stalker takes people to look at the artifacts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7jVTut3-g

I know the soundtrack musician's son. He still licenses out soundtracks for movies in Moscow. ( I had Russian business partners in accounting.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3uVf8p-sgE

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19641
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:...( I had Russian business partners in accounting.)...

Mr Mueller and team would like a word with you... :twisted:
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 am

I have seen the Clooney version, which is one sci-fi movie I consider good. I'll have to watch both these; they look fascinating. Thanks!
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2042
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:39 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:...( I had Russian business partners in accounting.)...

Mr Mueller and team would like a word with you... :twisted:

:laff:
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic
Posts: 10228
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Why we have yet to be contacted by aliens.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:........ tries to communicate with the remaining crew on a floating station by reading their minds and sending them physical versions of their thoughts.

We've agreed before that the american movie "Forbidden Planet" still holds up. It too has this theme. Except in FP, its a planet sized computer built by Aliens that reads the subconscious.

I liked Solaris.....as pedestrian as it is. It needed some kind of twist that never came.....perhaps that his wife stayed with him after coming back to Earth was the twist, but it wasn't enough. A nice break from explosions......or sword fighting.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest