Parallel Selves

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
sandisk
Poster
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 am

Parallel Selves

Postby sandisk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 am

Hi skeptic friends...

what are your thoughts about this history?
http://www.greatwesternpublishing.org/w ... john-cali/

User avatar
Hex
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1082
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Hex » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 am

Some loon and/or charlatan making up a story so his faithful will gobble it up.

I mean what more is there to say?
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoaOJZ7Dfk

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Poodle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 am

It mentions Jane Roberts and Seth. That tells me everything I need to know.

User avatar
sandisk
Poster
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby sandisk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:33 am

people like this John Cali are responsible for so much confusion in this world, I'm sure there were people like him in the past. the same people who created Fables such as the Bible, etc.

I ask myself, WHYYYYY? This is soooo depressing, why does people cannot live HERE in OUR universe, here and NOW, and focus on problems of objective reality (which is all we got)? Mannnn, I'm tired of so much false histories in this world... am I alone?

Parallel Selves? just because he talked to a stranger who looked like his ex-friend? this is so stupid, mannn I can't even :x :x

Alexander1304
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Alexander1304 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Seth and Jane Roberts?...

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5008
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Monster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:Seth and Jane Roberts?...

Yeah. Seth and Jane Roberts.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Alexander1304
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Alexander1304 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Monster wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Seth and Jane Roberts?...

Yeah. Seth and Jane Roberts.

What bothers me in this story that author is convinced about his experience.It is easy to say that he is liar,but what if he really experienced it?Could there be mundane explanations?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Gord » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:03 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Monster wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Seth and Jane Roberts?...

Yeah. Seth and Jane Roberts.

What bothers me in this story that author is convinced about his experience.It is easy to say that he is liar,but what if he really experienced it?Could there be mundane explanations?

Yes: mental illness would be one mundane explanation.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:03 am

Robert Monroe and others have met their other selves from different time periods---past and future when out of body....their future more knowledgable self is helping them here currently....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Poodle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 am

Errr - you seem to have forgotten the word 'allegedly' there, gorgeous.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Gord » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 am

gorgeous doesn't believe in 'allegedly'.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby djembeweaver » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Monster wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Seth and Jane Roberts?...

Yeah. Seth and Jane Roberts.

What bothers me in this story that author is convinced about his experience.It is easy to say that he is liar,but what if he really experienced it?Could there be mundane explanations?


Abnormal brain functioning can lead to some very strange effects on one's perception and therefore one's 'reality'. Here's a post I made in the other thread about parallel something or others that is equally relevant here. I'll just cut and paste it:

djembeweaver wrote:I know one thing: Abnormal brain functioning can lead to extremely strange perceptual and phenomenological experiences that are then rationalized to make sense of them. I highly recommend any (and all) of Oliver Sacks' books to get a feel for how bizarre things can get when dealing with brain damage. 'An Anthropologist on Mars' or 'The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' would be good places to start; I guarantee you'll be amazed and enthralled.

Example:

The amygdala is very important in mediating emotional responses to known faces. So when you see someone you know not only do you recognize them visually but you get a kind of emotional component bound with the recognition. In other words not only does it look like them, but it also feels like them.

Some people who have damaged, or abnormally functioning, amygdalae don't get the emotional component to the recognition of known faces...so they see someone who looks like the person they know, but doesn't feel like the person they know. Try to imagine how that would feel...how would you rationalize it to yourself?

Many people with this condition think that their relatives and friends are doppelgangers, or that they have been killed and are being impersonated by an android or an actor. When you think about it this makes perfect sense and is an entirely rational reaction to a very bizarre perceptual experience.

Then there is what is sometimes referred too as night terrors, where people have waking dreams when in the lightest stage of sleep but find themselves paralyzed (this normally occurs in REM sleep to stop us acting out our dreams, and explains why sometimes it feels as if we are running through treacle). Some people who experience this think they have been abducted by aliens, or experimented upon by secret government agents (again...perfectly rational conclusion if the experience were real)

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:58 pm

abductions and the secret govt , out of body experiences, seeing dead relatives are all real experiences...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby djembeweaver » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:abductions and the secret govt , out of body experiences, seeing dead relatives are all real experiences...


Well...'sleep paralysis' (SP) is a 'real' neurological disorder that has been observed in the lab as well as documented from self-reports. It is characterized by muscular atonia, which normally occurs in REM sleep and prevents us from acting out our dreams, and alpha-wave brain activity. People commonly report feeling a presence in the room (usually felt as evil), feeling that their breathing is being suppressed (often experienced as if something is sitting on their chest), and feeling unusual bodily (or out-of-body) experiences. Thus 'incubus' and 'alien abduction' experiences fit very well with sleep paralysis...indeed when tested those who report alien adbuction have much higher rates of sleep disorders such as SP and narcolepsy (which is itself highly correlated with SP)...

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Offtopic:

djembeweaver wrote:...Here's a post I made in the other thread about parallel something or others that is equally relevant here. I'll just cut and paste it:

djembeweaver wrote:I know one thing: Abnormal brain functioning can lead to extremely strange perceptual and phenomenological experiences that are then rationalized to make sense of them. I highly recommend any (and all) of Oliver Sacks' books to get a feel for how bizarre things can get when dealing with brain damage. 'An Anthropologist on Mars' or 'The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' would be good places to start; I guarantee you'll be amazed and enthralled.

Example:

The amygdala is very important in mediating emotional responses to known faces. So when you see someone you know not only do you recognize them visually but you get a kind of emotional component bound with the recognition. In other words not only does it look like them, but it also feels like them.

Some people who have damaged, or abnormally functioning, amygdalae don't get the emotional component to the recognition of known faces...so they see someone who looks like the person they know, but doesn't feel like the person they know. Try to imagine how that would feel...how would you rationalize it to yourself?

Many people with this condition think that their relatives and friends are doppelgangers, or that they have been killed and are being impersonated by an android or an actor. When you think about it this makes perfect sense and is an entirely rational reaction to a very bizarre perceptual experience.

Then there is what is sometimes referred too as night terrors, where people have waking dreams when in the lightest stage of sleep but find themselves paralyzed (this normally occurs in REM sleep to stop us acting out our dreams, and explains why sometimes it feels as if we are running through treacle). Some people who experience this think they have been abducted by aliens, or experimented upon by secret government agents (again...perfectly rational conclusion if the experience were real)

Not sure if you have used it before, but if not and you wish to link to any post, right click on the topic/re and Copy Link Location. Here's the one to that post^ in Travelling to parallel realities?: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26176&p=488567#p488461
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:51 pm

If you were abducted during sleep you would have sleep disorders too....others have seen people with the aliens, abductees have similar scars on their bodies, implants have been found---(Strieber's had part of it removed---it had cilia and moved deeper so they couldn't get the rest of it) , physical marks in the area of the contact, many have had healings from the aliens including heart disease, cancer, AIDS, others...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:57 pm

All this talk of aliens does fairly raise the question as to whether or not there is intelligent life on Earth.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:13 pm

read and learn...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:30 pm

"Obviously I’d experienced two parallel realities—two realities that were virtually identical except for one difference. In one reality Jim and I lived next door to each other, and in the other we did not"

obviously this looks some kind of bull-shit

on the other hand, there are "higher self" (or oversoul) and "mind/body/spirit complex totality" concepts defined/explained in the law of one series, which can help the seeker in assessing whether such "parallel" existences are possible or not:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q= ... elf%22&o=s
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=oversoul&o=s

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q= ... ity%22&o=s

"The concept of various parts of the being living experiences of varying natures simultaneously is not precisely accurate due to your understanding that this would indicate that this was occurring with true simultaneity. This is not the case."
Last edited by freebill on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Poodle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi freebill - I thought you'd been promoted or moved on to a higher plane or something. Didn't it work out?

Alexander1304
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Alexander1304 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 pm

"Oversoul"..."Higher Self"...what the hell we are talking about?

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Poodle wrote:Hi freebill - I thought you'd been promoted or moved on to a higher plane or something. Didn't it work out?


I was, and still is, in the same "plane" as you or any other person in this forum are/is in; and will die physically some time in future as all the people on this earth would go through the same death process

I left this narrow-minded plane of skepticforum when my mission was completed 8-)

sorry to inform you that just wandering around; will not settle down here

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:57 pm

freebill wrote: I left this narrow-minded plane of skepticforum when my mission was completed.
739-1562-790-1-tom-corbett-space-c.jpg


Synopsis
Freebill is commanded by RA, an intergalactic alien, that can only communicate to Freebill, through the private seances of two stoned Californian hippies, His mission is to tell as many lies as possible to skeptics, to pretend UFOs are real and then bring back a plate full of munchy food for the Californian hippies.
mission accomplished banner 23423423.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 pm

"Ra: I am Ra. To simplify this concept is our intent. The higher self is a manifestation given to the late sixth-density mind/body/spirit complex as a gift from its future selfness. The mid-seventh density’s last action before turning towards the allness of the Creator and gaining spiritual mass is to give this resource to the sixth-density self, moving as you measure time in the stream of time.

This self, the mind/body/spirit complex of late sixth density, has then the honor/duty of using both the experiences of its total living bank or memory of experienced thoughts and actions, and using the resource of the mind/body/spirit complex totality left behind as a type of infinitely complex thought-form.

In this way you may see your self, your higher self or Oversoul, and your mind/body/spirit complex totality as three points in a circle. The only distinction is that of your time/space continuum. All are the same being.
"

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Poodle » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm

And it's in green, so it must all be the truth.

Your mission ended, Freebill. You can stop being such a complete dickhead now. There's a good boy.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:50 pm

freebill wrote:"Ra: I am Ra. To simplify this concept is our intent. The higher self is a manifestation given to the late sixth-density mind/body/spirit complex as a gift from its future selfness. The mid-seventh density’s last action before turning towards the allness of the Creator and gaining spiritual mass is to give this resource to the sixth-density self, moving as you measure time in the stream of time.

This self, the mind/body/spirit complex of late sixth density, has then the honor/duty of using both the experiences of its total living bank or memory of experienced thoughts and actions, and using the resource of the mind/body/spirit complex totality left behind as a type of infinitely complex thought-form.

In this way you may see your self, your higher self or Oversoul, and your mind/body/spirit complex totality as three points in a circle. The only distinction is that of your time/space continuum. All are the same being."


......as I said.....mad as a hatter. :D
the_law_of_one_book_1-8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Higher self is a term associated with multiple belief systems, but its basic premise describes an eternal, omnipotent, conscious, and intelligent being, who is one's real self------------------oversoul---In the transcendentalism of Ralph Waldo Emerson, a spiritual essence or vital force in the universe in which all souls participate and that therefore transcends individual consciousness.---wiki-----With respect to the four themes listed above, the essay presents the following views: (1) the human soul is immortal, and immensely vast and beautiful; (2) our conscious ego is slight and limited in comparison to the soul, despite the fact that we habitually mistake our ego for our true self; (3) at some level, the souls of all people are connected
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:55 pm

:D green is good for eyes

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:58 pm

gorgeous wrote:Higher self is a term associated with multiple belief systems,
That explains everything about your posts. Gorgeous believes that :

1) The illuminati controls the Alien Lizard people and God.
2) God controls the illuminati and the Alien Lizard people,
3) The Alien Lizard people controls God and the illuminati.


This all makes sense to Gorgeous. :D

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 pm

mad cartoonist matthew; as mad as randi

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby djembeweaver » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:13 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Offtopic:

djembeweaver wrote:...Here's a post I made in the other thread about parallel something or others that is equally relevant here. I'll just cut and paste it:

djembeweaver wrote:I know one thing: Abnormal brain functioning can lead to extremely strange perceptual and phenomenological experiences that are then rationalized to make sense of them. I highly recommend any (and all) of Oliver Sacks' books to get a feel for how bizarre things can get when dealing with brain damage. 'An Anthropologist on Mars' or 'The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat' would be good places to start; I guarantee you'll be amazed and enthralled.

Example:

The amygdala is very important in mediating emotional responses to known faces. So when you see someone you know not only do you recognize them visually but you get a kind of emotional component bound with the recognition. In other words not only does it look like them, but it also feels like them.

Some people who have damaged, or abnormally functioning, amygdalae don't get the emotional component to the recognition of known faces...so they see someone who looks like the person they know, but doesn't feel like the person they know. Try to imagine how that would feel...how would you rationalize it to yourself?

Many people with this condition think that their relatives and friends are doppelgangers, or that they have been killed and are being impersonated by an android or an actor. When you think about it this makes perfect sense and is an entirely rational reaction to a very bizarre perceptual experience.

Then there is what is sometimes referred too as night terrors, where people have waking dreams when in the lightest stage of sleep but find themselves paralyzed (this normally occurs in REM sleep to stop us acting out our dreams, and explains why sometimes it feels as if we are running through treacle). Some people who experience this think they have been abducted by aliens, or experimented upon by secret government agents (again...perfectly rational conclusion if the experience were real)

Not sure if you have used it before, but if not and you wish to link to any post, right click on the topic/re and Copy Link Location. Here's the one to that post^ in Travelling to parallel realities?: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26176&p=488567#p488461


Ah...yes...that would have made more sense. Still, it's hardly off topic, since it provides examples of how neurological disorders can give rise to perceptual (even ontological) experiences that seem utterly concrete subjectively. This also accounts for the fact that many people reporting parallel realities, alien abductions and other bizarre phenomena, seem completely sincere in their belief that their stories are real.

In fact that's the thing that I find most difficult to discount when hearing accounts of such things - people seem so sincere...so utterly convinced that what they are relating actually happened. Of course some people could be lying for attention or money but I can't believe that all such people can be lumped into this category. A neurological explanation would provide a much more plausible explanation in many cases imo and would mean that subjectively, many people are actually telling the truth.

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby djembeweaver » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 pm

gorgeous wrote:If you were abducted during sleep you would have sleep disorders too....others have seen people with the aliens, abductees have similar scars on their bodies, implants have been found---(Strieber's had part of it removed---it had cilia and moved deeper so they couldn't get the rest of it) , physical marks in the area of the contact, many have had healings from the aliens including heart disease, cancer, AIDS, others...


Funnily enough, according to the wikipedia page on Strieber, he himself suspected that his experience was a result of a neurological disorder and has never claimed that it was an 'alien abduction'.

EDIT:

Ok...I see that he now considers there to be hard evidence of aliens. Still, psychologist Robert A. Baker has diagnosed it as "a classic, textbook description of a hypnopompic hallucination"
Last edited by djembeweaver on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:28 pm

true, he was tested for disorders and took lie detectors...he passed all , has no illness....he says he doesn't know what the aliens were exactly but his experiences were real..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby djembeweaver » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:true, he was tested for disorders and took lie detectors...he passed all , has no illness....he says he doesn't know what the aliens were exactly but his experiences were real..


My point, though, is that if the experience had a neurological cause then the experience would indeed be real and he would not, therefore, be lying. As far as I am aware there is no brain abnormality associated with sleep paralysis, just as there is no physical damage associated with somnambulism.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:35 pm

gorgeous wrote:true, he was tested for disorders and took lie detectors...he passed all , has no illness.


Whitley Strieber, who has written several books about his alleged abductions, came to the realization he had been abducted by aliens after psychotherapy and hypnosis treating a disorder. Strieber claims that he saw aliens set his roof on fire. He says he has travelled to distant planets and back during the night. He wants us to believe that he and his family alone can see the aliens and their spacecraft while others see nothing.

Strieber comes off as a very disturbed person


Skeptic's Dictionary.
http://skepdic.com/aliens.html

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4212
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:40 pm

he has no illness
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:49 pm

gorgeous wrote:he has no illness
So why was he having psychotherapy for his illness Gorgeous? :D

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 am

why is there such a boom on this "parallel" issue in the forum anyway?

a kind of pro-promotion of a book, movie etc. ?

boring and highly transcendental/abstract

matthew should supply at least 5 cartoons for every topic

User avatar
freebill
BANNED
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm
Custom Title: ufo - ra believer

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby freebill » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Synopsis
Freebill is commanded by RA, an intergalactic alien, that can only communicate to Freebill, through the private seances of two stoned Californian hippies, His mission is to tell as many lies as possible to skeptics, to pretend UFOs are real and then bring back a plate full of munchy food for the Californian hippies.


i don't think they were californian

but they must definitely have tried lsd (and even used before/during the channelling sessions);

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=lsd&o=s

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5008
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Parallel Selves

Postby Monster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:10 pm

gorgeous wrote:true, he was tested for disorders and took lie detectors...he passed all , has no illness....he says he doesn't know what the aliens were exactly but his experiences were real..

Lie detectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDMoGjKvNk
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests