1994 UFO Sighting at the Ariel School in Zimbabwe 62 reports

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Gfs

1994 UFO Sighting at the Ariel School in Zimbabwe 62 reports

Postby Gfs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:38 am

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case127.htm ufo lands on school only children see it 62 of them agree that they saw aliens walking around and a ufo landing .After years they get interviewed they still say they did saw aliens that day at 1:42:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATPJfxHH4P0

What do you think of it?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: 1994 UFO Sighting at the Ariel School in Zimbabwe 62 rep

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:12 pm

So Fermi was wrong?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

it's true...often only kids were allowed to see and hear the Virgin Mary in her apparitions....kids have sensitive senses different from adults...they see and hear on a higher level...---------------The Children of Ariel School - Case No. #96. Ruwa, Zimbabwe
UFO AFRINEWS 1994
By Cynthia Hind

On Friday 16th September, at approximately 10:15, 62 children from Ariel School, a private primary school in Ruwa (about 20 km from Harare) were in their playing field for the mid-morning break. Suddenly, they saw three silver balls in the sky over the school. These disappeared with a flash of light and then reappeared elsewhere. This happened three times and then they started to move down towards the school with one of them landing (or hovering) over a section of rough ground made up of trees, thorn bushes, and some brown-grey cut grass with bamboo shoots sticking up out of the ground.------------Balls of light are common at ufo sightings and Virgin Mary apparitions...there are many similarities that have been written about...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:35 pm

gorgeous wrote:it's true...often only kids were allowedimagine to see and hear the Virgin Mary in her apparitions....kids have sensitive sensesvivid imaginations different from adults...they see and hear on a higherhighly impressionable level...---------------...

ftfy
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:39 pm

cops know kids are very observant and value their info on events...kids are honest...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:50 pm

gorgeous wrote:cops know kids are very observant and value their info on events...kids are honest...

Yes, kids can often easily be guided to speak the truth, but the same also is true for telling fantasies. Cops and judges generally know that.
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 pm

62 kids don't have the same 'fantasy',...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:56 pm

gorgeous wrote:62 kids don't have the same 'fantasy',...

Maybe not initially, but usually it grows with the telling...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:45 pm

All the cool kids have it, however. :roll:

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:58 pm

In the eight example drawings, those kids depict three distinct types of UFO and three distinct types of alien. Were they just confused, gorgeous?

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Poodle wrote:In the eight example drawings, those kids depict three distinct types of UFO and three distinct types of alien. Were they just confused, gorgeous?

They were only wrong about the parts that gorgeous can easily dismiss. ;) Same as it always is.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:53 pm

aliens can shape shift....been reported....

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:01 am

gorgeous wrote:aliens can shape shift....been reported....

Of course. I forgot that.

I wonder why they didn't shape-shift to look like humans?

Gfs

Postby Gfs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:05 am

There was this comment left on this forum about this incident
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr ... 1/pg6&mem=
"I'm one of the kids in these photo's. I remember this well. We made it up - Sorry. By the way there was a documentary on UFO's the night before, more or less everyone had a TV at that stage and for those who didn't it was still a cool story to get in on I'm in the last photo. You may email me if you like. emilybolton5@hotmail.com"

But don't know if the comment it's true or not

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 am

Poodle wrote:
gorgeous wrote:aliens can shape shift....been reported....

Of course. I forgot that.

I wonder why they didn't shape-shift to look like humans?

They do. They shapeshift into whatever is convenient for the storyteller. It's a knack they have. They are so good at it that they managed to simultaneously shapeshift into 3 different shapes so the kids' stories would not all be identical, even though they were all looking at the same aliens.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gfs

Postby Gfs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 am

Also why the kids who grew up still say that they saw something that day?They got paid or something?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:55 am

I don't doubt that they saw something. I doubt that what they saw was an alien spacecraft.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:39 am

Gfs wrote:Also why the kids who grew up still say that they saw something that day?They got paid or something?

First off, they're convinced that what they think they saw was what they actually saw, so why change the story.

As for pay, that's not the only motivator for people.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:12 am

...ummm....because it really happened and they know it...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:28 am

gorgeous wrote:...ummm....because it really happened and they know it...

What Pyrrho said...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:57 am

Gfs wrote:Also why the kids who grew up still say that they saw something that day?They got paid or something?

Because it's something they own. It's their story, and it's special. It's a narrative that binds them together. Any one of them who now decides to refute the original story would be labelled a traitor and derided by those who want to continue being part of the story.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:24 am

Poodle wrote:In the eight example drawings, those kids depict three distinct types of UFO and three distinct types of alien. Were they just confused, gorgeous?

Why do you think eyewitnesses describing the exact same phenomenon differently problematic? They all agree that they saw a UFO and they all agree that they saw aliens. So what if the exact descriptions aren't identical?
Thanks from:
Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Satan, Tinky Winky

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:37 am

gorgeous wrote:cops know kids are very observant and value their info on events...kids are honest...

This is the one of the biggest stupidities I heard from a long time. Children were responsible for some of the most brutal Inquisitions during the Catholic Church iron rule over Europe because of the same claim that a child is honest.

Really and what is then this? Like the case of Robert Kelly here. 12 children testified against him:

Each defendant was tried separately, with Robert Kelly the first to go to trial. Testimony lasted nine months with 12 children providing descriptions of sexual and physical abuse: babies ritualistically killed, victims taken out on boats and thrown overboard, and inappropriate trips in hot air balloons. In April 1992, "Robert Kelly Jr. was convicted of 99 of 100 counts of rape and related crimes against children." One of the mothers of the 12 children that testified against Kelly stated that she felt “overwhelming relief.”[6] The six other defendants, including Kelly’s wife, faced trials later. The jury believed the children on the witness stand.[6] One juror stated "the children were convincing."[6] Kelly and his supporters maintained that he was innocent.[6]

Kelly was convicted and sentenced to 12 consecutive life terms in prison. The trial "included 83 prosecution witnesses and 60 defense witnesses." The children had testified that Kelly had forced them to have different types of sex.[4] The parents testified that the children exhibited abnormal behavior.[4] "Twelve children, between the ages of 4 and 7, testified, and the results of physical and psychological tests of them were presented as evidence."[4]

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ras ... buse_trial

However Robert Kelly was send free:

Six months after Betsy Kelly's release, the North Carolina Court of Appeals overturned the convictions of both Robert Kelly and Dawn Wilson, stating that there were legal errors by the prosecution. On May 23, 1997, the prosecution dropped all charges related to the Little Rascals case against the two.
The others[edit]

The state dropped its charges against Shelly Stone, Darlene Harris and Robin Byrum. Byrum had by then spent one year in prison awaiting trial.

After serving three years in jail, Scott Privott had his bond reduced from $1 million to $50,000, and he was released on bond. Rather than face a trial, Scott Privott accepted a "no contest" plea.

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ras ... buse_trial

There is more information on the Little Rascal day care which turned out from a hysteria into nothing.

Similar cases here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_s ... e_hysteria
Last edited by Shen1986 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 am

Mary Q Contrary, the holocaust denier wrote:Why do you think eyewitnesses describing the exact same phenomenon differently problematic?
......because some children saw the aliens wearing belts and other children didn't. ....because some children saw the aliens had big eyes and some didn't. .....because some children say it landed and other said it hovered like a helicopter.

However this UFO story has already been debunked. The linked article, on a "UFOs are real" website, in the opening post, only shows drawings that look like UFOs and not the drawings of the other 30 kids, which include drawings of helicopters.

As a holocaust denier cult member, you already know this trick. You pretend to forget facts that clearly show you are making up stories.

:D

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:51 am

#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:26 pm

shen ...still doesn't mean the kids weren't telling the truth just because adults can't believe it could have happened....

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Y did this appear in my ego search when I'd rather it not? (Pyrrho?)
(skepticforum.com/search.php?search_id=egosearch)
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Hmm. Try searching by your user ID number:

http://skepticforum.com/search.php?auth ... 8&sr=posts

Not sure why the egosearch returned this topic. Maybe a database issue. I have to do a backup anyway so I'll check the tables.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:10 pm

^ ok thanks.

Well while I'm here. I find UFO discussions interesting but more funny than serious.

The current physical models of the universe require eleven dimensions, eleven integrated variables to describe. And that’s physical models of the universe. If we then turn our attention to mind and realize that we have no definition of what mind is, why then is there any mystery in the fact that we have no definition of what the UFO is? The mind is present at hand in every conscious moment. It has been our constant companion for fifty thousand years, and we haven’t a clue as to what it is. So therefore, a manifestation of the other — the superego, or the extraterrestrial other like the UFO — it is not surprising that it is a mystery. I always hark back to the words of J.B.S. Haldane, the great British enzymologist, who said ‘reality is not only stranger than we suppose, it may be stranger than we can suppose.’

ie, Understand the mechanisms though which the experiences are filtered and happening before you jump to any outlandish conclusions about them.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:40 pm

gorgeous wrote:shen ...still doesn't mean the kids weren't telling the truth just because adults can't believe it could have happened....

Do you also believe in the children's stories that set off the Satanic Panic about thirty tears ago? Lots more kids, lots more stories - all false.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm

no , not all false...many were and are true.....search royal pedophiles, 9th circle....lots of horror goes on with elites...

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Sure, horror goes on with any societal division. The nicest village can be host to the worlds most mentally sick paedophile. Poor or rich, these monsters happen. And I know that searching "royal pedophiles" will either link me to David Ickes forum first, or some other probably slightly mentally ill persons blog or website.

Drop the hints and give the links instead, then I'll happily take a look.

(as there actually are some pretty damning now public documents in this area, but I doubt what I am thinking of is what you are)

zeuzzz
Persistent Poster

Postby zeuzzz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Hang on isn't this thread about UFOs?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:42 pm

You identified it.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:20 pm

busterggi wrote:
gorgeous wrote:shen ...still doesn't mean the kids weren't telling the truth just because adults can't believe it could have happened....

Do you also believe in the children's stories that set off the Satanic Panic about thirty tears ago? Lots more kids, lots more stories - all false.

McMartin Preschool witch hunts. I was in the area at the time.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 am

No you idiot. It means the person on the UFO fan website, simply didn't show the other children's drawings of helicopters.

He was lying in the same way you lied and said the CIA invented LSD, ten years before the CIA existed. Some people are compulsive liars.

Gfs

Postby Gfs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
No you idiot. It means the person on the UFO fan website, simply didn't show the other children's drawings of helicopters.

He was lying in the same way you lied and said the CIA invented LSD, ten years before the CIA existed. Some people are compulsive liars.

Where can we see those drawings?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:58 am

A likely starting point would be a site that isn't trying to prove the kids actually saw a spaceship.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

adults have seen them, too....at Roswell with dead aliens, too

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

:sleep:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”