Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
StuFromNorth
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby StuFromNorth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi,

This is my first post, so forgive me if I don't follow protocol.

Past life regression has been debated here and have been debunked. I have no problem with that, as there is yet to be put down any firm evidence that proves it as evidence of reincarnation.

My question however that I have not found any answers to is this. Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?

For information purposes this is the story:

1. They see/feel/experience a past life and often the end of that life. How they died.
2. After they die they meet their spirit guide(s) and sometimes dead relatives.
3. They are taken to the council and review their life.
4, They sometimes go to some education place and learn things.
5. They choose what kind of life to have in their next reincarnation.

What I don't understand yet is why that many people that:

1. Don't know each other
2. Live in all different places on earth
3. Comes from different cultures
2. In many cases don't know what to expect and don't know much about past life regression before they have a session

Have the same experience. And the experience is from my point of view a rather strange one.

Are our human brains built to get this exactly experience form a hypnosis session that don't lead you to it?

I have had a PLR myself, mostly because I wanted to debunk it for my own knowing, and partly because I was curious of the whole thing. I had the same experience that i described above. I It did not make me believe in the afterlife, but it started to wonder about the question posted in this tread. I taped the whole thing so I know that the therapist didn't "force" me to create this exact "experience" It came by it self.

Any bright minds that can bring some valuable information on the subject?

Shaka
Account Locked
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shaka » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:49 am

stufromnorth wrote: My question however that I have not found any answers to is this. Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?

My question however that I have not found any answers to is this. Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?


And you probably never will. If you are looking for answers in the picture that you are project you will only generate more questions.

However, the answer to your question is simple. People report the same thing because it is what is contained in the memory of the universal consciousness. When you go under hypnosis, the person that you think you are goes into oblivion and what is left is pure consciousness. There is only one consciousness, it is not your consciousness or my consciousness it is just consciousness, it is universal. In this universal consciousness there is one mind and in this one mind there is one memory.

There is no past life or rebirth, these concepts are for ignorant people. Past life and regression only refer to the memory contained in the consciousness. There is no such thing as reincarnation or rebirth. There is only a cycle of waking, sleeping and dreaming. Nobody is born and nobody dies that is only in dreaming.

This consciousness has not come from somewhere and it does not go anywhere. Get to know yourself as you are and you will come to know what is and what is not.
"He who is born in time thinks according to his time.
Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
grey
Poster
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby grey » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:08 pm

My first thought is "where is the evidence that this experience is ubiquitous?" But I know there isn't really any evidence. So we can leave that alone. Let's imagine for a moment that there is some ubiquitous experience among those being mesmerized. The most logical explanation is that perhaps the life experiences of those who would go and get mesmerized is so similar that obviously they are are going to have similar experiences when mesmerized in a similar manner.

As far as some eastern mystical traditional or new age view of the matter goes, I'll refer to one of the more logical tomes of that tradition. "If the Tao can be spoken, it is not the Tao." That is a handy tool for reason focused folks like myself.

Shaka
Account Locked
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shaka » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm

grey wrote: As far as some eastern mystical traditional or new age view of the matter goes, I'll refer to one of the more logical tomes of that tradition. "If the Tao can be spoken, it is not the Tao." That is a handy tool for reason focused folks like myself.


There's nothing mysterious about the reality, it is all the concepts that are imagined and projected onto it through ignorance.
"He who is born in time thinks according to his time.
Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29080
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:00 am

StuFromNorth wrote:Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?

For information purposes this is the story:

1. They see/feel/experience a past life and often the end of that life. How they died.
2. After they die they meet their spirit guide(s) and sometimes dead relatives.
3. They are taken to the council and review their life.
4, They sometimes go to some education place and learn things.
5. They choose what kind of life to have in their next reincarnation.

What I don't understand yet is why that many people that:

1. Don't know each other
2. Live in all different places on earth
3. Comes from different cultures
2. In many cases don't know what to expect and don't know much about past life regression before they have a session

Have the same experience.

I'm not sure everyone has the experiences you've described, especially points 2-5 in the first set you listed. Those things sound like something that one set of people believes should be the case, and which might end up being introduced by the person performing the past life regression on a "patient" of theirs (if I can use the word here). The fifth point -- choosing the kind of life to have in their next incarnation -- sounds at odds with descriptions I've read before, especially with regards to people who believe in karma.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Hex
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1082
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Hex » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:15 pm

StuFromNorth wrote:Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?

Well let's be honest, it doesn't matter what culture you are talking about, a better question is, "Why don't they differ more?"

When you think about that question, I mean really just where are you suppose to go? All you can do is make up stories about "past lives." and once the meme has entered popular culture then confirmation bias takes over. You see it happen with all sorts of cultural based ideas, from religion, to U.F.O. abduction stories, bigfoot etc. etc.

I think what amuses me the most is the vast majority of "regressions" always have some kind of fame attached directly or indirectly to the stories. Of the billions of people that have died, there is a very small percentage of people that make history but miraculously these people recounting their past lives always seem to be part of that history and not recounting some story of mucking dirt around, which you'd think the vast majority would only have something very mundane to report back.

You also have to consider that on top of the culture meme happening the people seeking out answers to their past lives go to others who also believe in the same thing and when you get two willing partners the dance becomes so much easier... playing off of each other to get the desired results.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoaOJZ7Dfk

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:31 am

no , read about regressions....most had normal ,average lives....many young kids talk about their past lives ---who they were, how they died, where they lived, sometimes remembering horrible deaths....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 am

gorgeous wrote:no , read about regressions....most had normal ,average lives....many young kids talk about their past lives ---who they were, how they died, where they lived, sometimes remembering horrible deaths....


No Gorgeous. We have asked you many questions about your "research" and you never answer our questions. Try the David Icke forum. It's more on your level.

I think you simply copy and paste "woo" and never actually thing about it.

Mary Q Contrary
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Mary Q Contrary » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm

StuFromNorth wrote:Hi,

This is my first post, so forgive me if I don't follow protocol.

Past life regression has been debated here and have been debunked. I have no problem with that, as there is yet to be put down any firm evidence that proves it as evidence of reincarnation.

My question however that I have not found any answers to is this. Why do nearly everybody that preform a past life regression report back the same story?

For information purposes this is the story:

1. They see/feel/experience a past life and often the end of that life. How they died.
2. After they die they meet their spirit guide(s) and sometimes dead relatives.
3. They are taken to the council and review their life.
4, They sometimes go to some education place and learn things.
5. They choose what kind of life to have in their next reincarnation.

What I don't understand yet is why that many people that:

1. Don't know each other
2. Live in all different places on earth
3. Comes from different cultures
2. In many cases don't know what to expect and don't know much about past life regression before they have a session

Have the same experience. And the experience is from my point of view a rather strange one.

Are our human brains built to get this exactly experience form a hypnosis session that don't lead you to it?

I have had a PLR myself, mostly because I wanted to debunk it for my own knowing, and partly because I was curious of the whole thing. I had the same experience that i described above. I It did not make me believe in the afterlife, but it started to wonder about the question posted in this tread. I taped the whole thing so I know that the therapist didn't "force" me to create this exact "experience" It came by it self.

Any bright minds that can bring some valuable information on the subject?

If multiple witnesses who don't know each other and are scattered all over the world report having the same type of experience, the experience is almost guaranteed to be genuine. It's the nature of the reliability of eyewitness testimony.
Thanks from:
Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed, Satan, Tinky Winky

User avatar
Hex
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1082
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Hex » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Mary Q Contrary wrote:If multiple witnesses who don't know each other and are scattered all over the world report having the same type of experience, the experience is almost guaranteed to be genuine. It's the nature of the reliability of eyewitness testimony.

I'm really hoping this is sarcasm.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoaOJZ7Dfk

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:43 pm

gorgeous wrote:no , read about regressions....most had normal ,average lives....many young kids talk about their past lives ---who they were, how they died, where they lived, sometimes remembering horrible deaths....


Gorgeous, in your "own words" ( :mrgreen: ). Please explain how the world's population is increasing, if we are all reincarnated?

If the population of the world in 8,000BC was 5 million, and the population is now 7 billion, then how can we all be reincarnated? Where did the other 695 million "souls" come from?

Reincarnation doesn't make any sense does it?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19427
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:51 pm

The urge to start a "Pissed Life Regression - What is the explanation?' thread is very, very strong.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4806
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Austin Harper » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:38 am

Matthew, you're right but check that math.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 am

Austin Harper wrote:Matthew, you're right but check that math.


I was one "0" short of the mark.........Whoops!
:D

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19623
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:42 am

James Randi debating mediums and Brian Weiss.


phpBB [video]
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:44 am

Randi is a moron....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Monster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4967
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Monster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:56 am

gorgeous wrote:Randi is a moron....

I don't agree. Why do you believe this?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:25 am

gorgeous wrote:Randi is a moron....


Stop running away.

Gorgeous (aka) Zengirl, in your "own words" ( :mrgreen: ). Please explain how the world's population is increasing, if we are all reincarnated?

If the population of the world in 8,000BC was 5 million, and the population is now 7 billion, then how can we all be reincarnated? Where did the other 6,950 million "souls" come from?

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19427
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Shoe repair shops?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

StuFromNorth wrote:Any bright minds that can bring some valuable information on the subject?


Yes its totally made up. Even a organization which dedicated its life to this closed its doors:

The International Association for Regression Research and Therapies is now closed.
We are so grateful for the Association, the sharing and learning, the friendships, and the knowing that our work has been a
Light to the World.
Thank you for all your love and support.

The list of practitioners is still available and will be on this site for a year, until January 2015.
You can contact us by email at president@iarrt.org
or by hardcopy mail at
IARRT
PO Box 20151
Riverside, CA 92516
The post office box will remain open until April 1, 2014.


Taken from: http://www.iarrt.org/

I still did not find out why but I think that people stopped believing in this when they seen that the therapist has total control over the subject and can induce any story into him which he sees fit.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:James Randi debating mediums and Brian Weiss.


phpBB [video]


After seeing the video. I think no one is at Randi's side even the moderator is behaving like a typical believer and sees it in a way that there is something to it. If the moderator would be skeptical then he would ask if those mediums have so good hits why do they not win the lottery? Why are those mediums not super rich and did not foreseen dangers in their own lives or at least the American population like the financial crisis?
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm

gorgeous wrote:Randi is a moron....


I do not agree. The only morons I met these days are here in Slovakia where I have my hands full to propagate and fight for rights for the homosexuals. I am feeling that I am in Nazi Germany here but not with Hitler as their leader but the Catholic Church along with Evangelists are trying with lies to propagate that homosexuals are evil and should be burn at the stake. This is also my reason why I am not here active now, I am leading a small campaign to convince here in Slovakia people that homosexuals are equal to us all and that it is racism what the Catholic Church is preaching here. Hopefully the fanatics will not win in the 7th February elections because if yes, Slovakia will turn into a Tiso regime.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19623
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:58 pm

That's awesome, Shen. Good on you! :-D
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:32 am

A-number wrote:You should consider changing your handle from Shane to "Taken from". what you claim is absolute bs. Many people, in different various fields including science, have failed for different reasons in the beginning, but as they continued trying, they finally took foot and erected. Also many others get viciously attacked, lied about and discredited because the work they do is not popular regardless of its veracity. That does not mean they are fake. If they are as you claim, then so is JFK and so is Martin Luther King, as others as these were not the kind to shut up about what they know, so they were assassinated. And people still go see regressionists on regular basis. if you are too into other things to know, that hardly means the field is dead. Michael Newton was floooodded with requests from aaaaaaaall over the world and not just the United states, when he first wrote "Destiny of Souls". Because of the Grreat Astounding Demand, he went to write 2nd and 3rd book to document more work in the field of regression when in the beginning he did not even think his book could sell more than 100,000 copies.


What has this to do with the truth?? You claim is just based that someone made a bestseller then it must be true. Oh boy there are so many fictional bestsellers then all fictional serial killers or aliens are true.

A-number wrote:people cannot stop believing something they might never have been told it even does exist, can they? 2: the therapist does not have "control" over the subject as regression is not about doctor having control over the patient. That's the problem that big pharma has. The doctor does not induce anything. Through hypnosis, they simply guide the patient into a specific period in the patient life that, from what the patient had told the doctor, this one believe the problem might have started. With Michael Newton and Brian Weiss, they didn't even know the patient could cross over to another life as both are scientists that up until their first encounter with the cross over, they both did not believe such thing is possible. They regressed to early childhood, that's it. and next things, things like the voice of the person changed and they started talking as if their age is a different one than the one the doctor is aware of, and other details started to emerge that made it clear, this is now a different person and could not be the same as the one that first came seeking the doctor's help. etc. All regressionists record what goes on during the cession and after it's over, they all hand their patient a copy of it. So the patient can listen to everything that unraveled. Does this sound like it's manipulative or seeking to control somebody. In all cases, the patient is usually the one that come seeking help. And in all cases I read, after several cessions and discussions about it between the patient and doctor, the deep rooted problem simply disappeared!!!! If it's control, it must be really nice positive one then. Welcome!


I read the work of Brian Weiss. Many lives Many Masters etc. Its all made up.Here is a critique:

https://weshagen.wordpress.com/2010/05/ ... ian-weiss/

Also I have personally looked into regression therapy and its all foolishness. If you want to believe in it you are free to but it does not convince me. Even Ian Stevenson a believer in reincarnation said that regression therapy is foolishness and is full of errors:

On the positive side, however, I agree with him that past life regressive therapy, which uses hypnosis, is rife with methodological problems, not the least of which is the problem with suggestion contaminating any evidence that might be uncovered for a past life. Hence, past life regression cannot provide good evidence for reincarnation. Neither can collecting more stories from children who claim to have lived previous lives unless better methods of documentation, questioning witnesses and alleged experients, and verifying claims are developed.


Taken from: http://skepdic.com/stevenson.html
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:47 am

A-number wrote:The host have the right to believe whatever he wishes. And Just like Van Praagh says, Randi does not know the mechanics of medium ship and neither do you. Their work is not about winning the lottery just because you yourself seem to believe it'd be cool to win the lottery. Spirit is not about self fattening.


Yes the moderator has a right to do what he wants, however he is not fair to Randi because the moderator should be on no one side. As for Van Praagh, do you know the mechanics of medium ship?? Second how do you know A-number that Randi does not know medium ship, when similar medium ship tricks are taught to magicians around the world?? I seen magician acts where they played psychics. Here is a example:

In June 2012, Barry stated his disapproval of TV's late-night anti-intellectual offering Psychic Readings Live and challenged one of its presenters, Psychic Wayne to prove his psychic powers..[3]

Keith's hit show "The Dark Side" launched with a 31 date sold out tour in Jan/Feb 2013 and continued with a 12 night run at the Olympia in Dublin in July 2013. On 23rd July, Keith took time out to give a talk at the Science Gallery in Dublin and very effectively demonstrated the techniques of cold reading and explained how "psychics" can convince so many people that they can read minds.[4]


Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Barry

I for one thing know that mediums are liars and are for the money, that I know for sure. Here is a example:

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/01/psychic ... repayment/

Here is Van Praagh tested:

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/tal ... gh-tested/

He had 64 misses. He is a failure.

I love the last line Spirits do that but they do not do that. Tell me A-Number are you a spirit if you know what spirits do or they do not? Also all you premises are based on the fact that I should believe in stuff because someone claims it who has no background in science or has done no research or has no evidence, however that is not the way a skeptic works.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Voltaire — 'It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.'
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Praagh is great....gets good results...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19623
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:18 pm

He told you you'd be a smashing success at SSF, didn't he?
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:50 pm

I think the debate is over A-number. I first do not like your tone. Second if you do not believe I read the book so be it. I do not care however I point out one thing he did his interviews under hypnosis:

According to Weiss, in 1980 one of his patients, "Catherine", began discussing past-life experiences under hypnosis. Weiss did not believe in reincarnation at the time but, after confirming elements of Catherine's stories through public records, came to be convinced of the survival of an element of the human personality after death.[5]


Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Weis ... rogression

Also here:

His very formal academic background didn't prepare him for what he stumbled across when a patient revealed a past life under hypnosis.


Taken from: http://old.post-gazette.com/seen/breakf ... 0805p1.asp

Newton is the same stuff:

This, however, is something different. If Newton is telling the truth, thousands of people from very different spiritual backgrounds - from atheists to religious zealots - all give about the SAME DETAILS under deep hypnosis of what it is like in the spirit world.


Taken from: http://nocturnal-mind.blogspot.sk/2010/ ... fraud.html

Also Weiss now even works with a therapists who believes in angels. Wow so not only ascended masters or reincarnation but also angels are real:

Past Life Oracle Cards
A 44-Card Deck and Guidebook
.
by Doreen Virtue, Brian L. Weiss, M.D.


Taken from: http://www.hayhouse.co.uk/past-life-oracle-cards

About Doreen Virtue:

Doreen Virtue holds B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees in counseling psychology; and is a lifelong clairvoyant who works with the angelic realm. Doreen is the author of Healing with the Angels, How to Hear Your Angels, Messages from Your Angels, Archangels & Ascended Masters, Solomon's Angels, and the Archangel Oracle Cards, among other works. Her products are available in most languages worldwide.


Taken from: http://www.hayhouse.co.uk/past-life-oracle-cards

Your answers are in the form that someone is respected then I should swallow everything he says, this is a typical argument from authority and you will not convince me with that like here or anyone who is a skeptic here. Here is a example what you wrote:

A-number wrote:Michael Newton is NOTORIOUS psychologist and Brian Weiss is Another NOTORIOUS psychiatrist. what do you got that compares to that?


A-number wrote:Brian Weiss is a psychiatrist-SKEPTIC . Before he had the cessions with that female that caused to write the book, he was the DIRECTOR of the ENTIRE dept of PSYCHIATRY in GIGANTIC HOSPITAL somewhere on the East Coast!!!!!!! Michael Newton is A 40 years traditional psychotherapy veteran and a self proclaimed ATHEIST!!!!!! Like I said you need to do some reading instead of cutting and pasting {!#%@} you probably have been handed by your girlfriend. And what do you know about science yourself? not much. . Science consists of more than just chitchat.


The last one did got me. Hitler had the whole Germany at his back was he also right according to your merits?

So I am ending this and you got me that they are atheists. :lol:

Also I have bigger fish to fry then this nonsense. I have again the feeling I am talking to a priest here because A-Number even when you are mad at priests you behave no different from your newest posts.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19623
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 am

Shen1986 wrote:...
According to Weiss, in 1980 one of his patients, "Catherine", began discussing past-life experiences under hypnosis. Weiss did not believe in reincarnation at the time but, after confirming elements of Catherine's stories through public records, came to be convinced of the survival of an element of the human personality after death.[5]


Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Weis ... rogression

...
(Emphasis mine)

And that doesn't mean Weiss wasn't a believer in a soul or afterlife, etc. Christians normally don't believe in past or multiple lives.
Hi, Io the lurker.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby digress » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 am

gorgeous wrote:Voltaire — 'It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.'


This is an amazing and beautiful quote!

and you {!#%@} all over it by trying to make it relate to reincarnation or past lives. Being born twice is not the same as saying you will relive, or live again, or have visions of a different 'past' life which in no way could ever connect your existence with being anothers and at best would show your single existence is a mangled one. Shitting over brilliant works and such.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:47 am

don't like your ugly language.....how do you know what Voltaire meant?.....to me it is reincarnation---natural as spring reborn.....likely was to Voltaire, too..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby digress » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 am

gorgeous wrote:how do you know what Voltaire meant?


What were Voltaire's intention?

I do not know.

But its meaning is captured within its vocabulary. You don't expand on it by introducing a "to me" element. Especially when you don't know what the man himself meant, and quote what he meant as being within context to this thread.

ps. poop move
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:52 am

A-number wrote: Whoever said that the same # of souls have to be recycled over and over and over the way you intend it? That's like saying the same # of physical bodies having to be dug out of their graves after they died, and resuscitated to be counted as new borns. The same can be said of living organisms, trees, animals, cars, machinery, computers etc. I suppose the 6950M's are new "born". Why is that so unacceptable?


OK Let me explain.

In 8,000 BC the population of modern humans was 5 million.
In 2,015 AD the population of modern humans was 7 billion

Let us go back to 80,000 BC, when modern humans evolve out of the Neanderthal gene pool. We now have the first modern human gene pool and the first modern humans.

Are you claiming the first modern humans can have Neanderthal past lives? If "Yes", then why not homo erectus past lives? Why not Australopithecus past lives? Why not tetrapod past lives? Why not single cell animal past lives?

If the answer is "No", then what physical modern human feature, specifically arrived with the evolution of modern humans, that allowed reincarnation to start? Why some humans and not others?

Under either alternative, reincarnation makes no sense or you have to start saying that bacteria, frogs, earthworms and so on, all can be "reincarnated" from earlier versions of themselves. It simply doesn't make any sense.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 am

it is said there are about 20 billion souls around the Earth waiting for a suitable body to incarnate...6 billion on Earth--so about 14 billion waiting....btw...kids often play matchmaker to get their future parents together ...doesn't always work....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:26 am

gorgeous wrote:it is said there are about 20 billion souls around the Earth waiting for a suitable body to incarnate.
Who says 20 billion? Do you have a citation?

Please remember you faked the Carl Sagan quote, you last offered.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby gorgeous » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:30 am

don't play dumb lizard...you know what's going on....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26342
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:37 am

gorgeous wrote:don't play dumb lizard...you know what's going on....
Yes. You're an idiot. Next question.

User avatar
digress
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1692
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:11 am
Custom Title: doomer
Contact:

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby digress » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
A-number wrote: Whoever said that the same # of souls have to be recycled over and over and over the way you intend it? That's like saying the same # of physical bodies having to be dug out of their graves after they died, and resuscitated to be counted as new borns. The same can be said of living organisms, trees, animals, cars, machinery, computers etc. I suppose the 6950M's are new "born". Why is that so unacceptable?


OK Let me explain.

In 8,000 BC the population of modern humans was 5 million.
In 2,015 AD the population of modern humans was 7 billion

Let us go back to 80,000 BC, when modern humans evolve out of the Neanderthal gene pool. We now have the first modern human gene pool and the first modern humans.

Are you claiming the first modern humans can have Neanderthal past lives? If "Yes", then why not homo erectus past lives? Why not Australopithecus past lives? Why not tetrapod past lives? Why not single cell animal past lives?

If the answer is "No", then what physical modern human feature, specifically arrived with the evolution of modern humans, that allowed reincarnation to start? Why some humans and not others?

Under either alternative, reincarnation makes no sense or you have to start saying that bacteria, frogs, earthworms and so on, all can be "reincarnated" from earlier versions of themselves. It simply doesn't make any sense.

It might make sense if any of these prophets said they had visions of swimming and breathing under water and so proved evolution. No, never mind that because what is the life of a fish compared with a humans? Only humans have souls, that's basic 101 living-room spiritualism.
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg
"I am not a concept..." -Confidencia

User avatar
Shen1986
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 am

Re: Past Life Regression - What is the explanation?

Postby Shen1986 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:29 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Shen1986 wrote:...
According to Weiss, in 1980 one of his patients, "Catherine", began discussing past-life experiences under hypnosis. Weiss did not believe in reincarnation at the time but, after confirming elements of Catherine's stories through public records, came to be convinced of the survival of an element of the human personality after death.[5]


Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Weis ... rogression

...
(Emphasis mine)

And that doesn't mean Weiss wasn't a believer in a soul or afterlife, etc. Christians normally don't believe in past or multiple lives.


The problem is that all we have is Weiss who claims he was a skeptic and we already know that "I was a skeptic" is a ploy to convince people:

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/05/at-firs ... ise-to-it/

Also even if Weiss claims he was skeptical it does not matter, he is eating it everything and is into all kind of mumbo-jumbo of New Age kind. So I think he was never a skeptic to begin with because if he was, he would be not eating and believing in every nonsense there is from ascended masters to even angels. So if he would be a skeptic in the past he would believe in one thing which he experienced - reincarnation but not in everything now. The more Weiss is writing and talking the more bizarre it becomes.

He even believes he was a priest in the past thanks to his wife:

Q. Do you know anything about your own past lives?

A. My wife, Carole, has done some regressions with me. She is a social worker and a hypnotherapist. I wanted to experience what my patients were experiencing. I was a Catholic priest in Scotland several centuries ago.


Taken from: http://old.post-gazette.com/seen/breakf ... 0805p1.asp

He also believes in angels now:

“For truly we are all angels temporarily hiding as humans.”
― Brian L. Weiss


Taken from: https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes ... an_L_Weiss

Not to mentioned he wrote a book with another New Age author who works with the Angel realm. Give me a break.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests