Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:45 am

georgeous wrote:...and what seems to be the British lizard queen wandering the halls with dementia...

No worries. It's just your furless leader letting his... um... "hair" down.
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:44 pm

rv
works
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:59 pm

gorgeous wrote:rv works
Nope Gorgeous. Your "remote viewers" are con artists who take money from idiots like yourself.

Why can't they find Flight MH370? You claim this is what they are trained specifically to do. :lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 am

aliens got it
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 am

gorgeous wrote:aliens got it
So, you admit your con artist "remote viewers" are so useless that they couldn't find MH370? Amazingly, you claim finding things is what "remote viewers" were asked to do by the US army.

I can see why the US army closed the "remote viewing" program, down as a complete waste of time.
:lol:

User avatar
Nobrot
Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nobrot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 am

This is a silly place at times. Very silly.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 am

Sure thing. But have you been to Conspiracies yet? :beamup:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Skeptical About Skeptics----------------


Professor Brian Josephson, F.R.S., who won a Nobel prize for physics in 1973 for his work in solid-state electronics. His contribution ended:

“Quantum theory is now being fruitfully combined with theories of information and computation. These developments may lead to an explanation of processes still not understood within conventional science, such as telepathy – an area in which Britain is in the forefront of research.”
------------Something immediately hit the fan, the first handful being slung by Oxford physicist David Deutsch. “Utter rubbish,” he spluttered to The Observer (30 September). “Telepathy simply does not exist.” This opinion came from somebody alleged to be an expert on time travel, something for which there is no credible evidence at all, in contrast to the whole shelves of evidence for telepathy backed up by some pretty impressive statistics.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Poodle » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Just because someone is Professor Josephson, one must not assume that same person is not nutty as a fruitcake. However, Deutsch as an expert on time travel seems to have been missed by the rest of the universe, although he appears to be up on quantum computing.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 pm

How dare you say a Nobel prize winning scientist could be a fruitcake!!!! I'm sure he had articles in peer reviewed science journals .so of course he isn't!!
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Posts: 10521
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:22 pm

gorgeous wrote:How dare you say a Nobel prize winning scientist could be a fruitcake!!!! I'm sure he had articles in peer reviewed science journals .so of course he isn't!!


Linus Pauling was awarded 2 Nobels, yet was a notorious fruitcake when it came to vitamin C. Expertise and/or brilliance in one area does not mean expertise/brilliance in all areas.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 pm

vitamin c is underated...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Nobrot
Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nobrot » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am

4 Nobel Prize Winners Who Were Clearly Insane.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18638_4-nobel-prize-winners-who-were-clearly-insane.html
Guess who's no 4?

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:06 pm

newsweek----------It was 1979, and the National Security Council wanted help in “seeing” inside an unidentified industrial building near the Arctic Circle in Russia. McMoneagle began imagining himself “drifting down into the building” and had “an overwhelming sense” that he could see a submarine, “a really big one, with twin hulls.” He made detailed drawings of the giant sub for the NSC. Only later, McMoneagle wrote in his 2002 memoir, did U.S. satellite photographs confirm the existence at the Soviet’s secret Severodvinsk shipyard of a massive double-hulled Typhoon submarine, which constituted a new threat to American national security.

Upon retirement from the Army in 1984, McMoneagle was awarded the Legion of Merit. Given for exceptionally meritorious conduct, his award states that he served in a “unique intelligence project that is revolutionizing the intelligence community.” It adds that he produced “critical intelligence unavailable from any other source” for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, DIA, NSA, CIA and Secret Service.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:37 am

gorgeous wrote: newsweek----------It was 1979, and the National Security Council wanted help in “seeing” inside an unidentified industrial building near the Arctic Circle in Russia. McMoneagle began imagining himself “drifting down into the building” and ...........
..".according to McMoneagle, humans came from creatures somewhat like sea otters rather than primates and were created in a laboratory by creators who "seeded" the earth and then departed."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McMoneagle

You forgot to include that bit. :D

gorgeous wrote: he produced “critical intelligence unavailable from any other source” for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, DIA, NSA, CIA and Secret Service.
. Yep. The USA has never lost a war against the ancient otter people. :D

Genaro
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Genaro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:59 am

Ingo Swann and the rings of Jupiter.

You've still got nothing on that one, Matty boy.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Poodle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm

"Most claims made by Swann were shown to be untrue - Jupiter has no rocky surface, and could not sustain mountains or crystals."

...but Wikipedia seems to have something.

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby OutOfBreath » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Genaro wrote:Ingo Swann and the rings of Jupiter.

You've still got nothing on that one, Matty boy.

What about the mountain ranges on jupiter?

(Edit) Poodle beat me to the punch.

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Genaro wrote:Ingo Swann and the rings of Jupiter.

You've still got nothing on that one, Matty boy.

Dude, virtually any psychics you bring up has something on them that shows why they're not who they claim they are. (Unless they're pretty new to the scene)

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Gord » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Nobrot wrote:4 Nobel Prize Winners Who Were Clearly Insane.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18638_4-nobel-prize-winners-who-were-clearly-insane.html
Guess who's no 4?

Oh yeahhhh, I forgot!

That is kind of a bold claim for a phenomenon like cold fusion which is basically the Michigan J. Frog of science--people always seem to discover it alone in their lab when no one is looking, and it never seems to work when other people are watching or try to do it themselves.

Michigan J. Frog is the name of that singing frog from Merrie Melodies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evgEJlOPoeo

But https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_J._Frog#History

The frog's earliest name was "Enrico," as given in The Bugs Bunny Show (1960). The character's later, enduring name comes from the song "The Michigan Rag" (an original song written by Jones, Maltese, and musical director Milt Franklyn), which he sings in the cartoon. In a clip from a DVD special, Jones stated that he had come up with the name "Michigan Frog" during the 1970s and was inspired to add the "J." as a middle initial while being interviewed by a writer named Jay Cocks.

The song "The Michigan Rag" was written for the cartoon, and the frog Enrico was named "Michigan J. Frog" for the song "The Michigan Rag".
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Genaro
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Genaro » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Genaro wrote:Ingo Swann and the rings of Jupiter.

You've still got nothing on that one, Matty boy.

Dude, virtually any psychics you bring up has something on them that shows why they're not who they claim they are. (Unless they're pretty new to the scene)


Riddle me this, Batman.

A DYNAMIC PK EXPERIMENT WITH INGO SWANN

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00787R000200130005-3.pdf

User avatar
Nobrot
Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nobrot » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Genaro wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:
Genaro wrote:Ingo Swann and the rings of Jupiter.

You've still got nothing on that one, Matty boy.

Dude, virtually any psychics you bring up has something on them that shows why they're not who they claim they are. (Unless they're pretty new to the scene)


Riddle me this, Batman.

A DYNAMIC PK EXPERIMENT WITH INGO SWANN

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00787R000200130005-3.pdf

A PDF that cannot be rendered down to something readable is not a PDF. It's a POS.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:39 am

Genaro wrote: Riddle me this, Batman.
That's easy. You are an idiot and didn't check to see who wrote that document. It written by Charles Honorton who claims Ingo Swann is real. It is not a CIA produced document but a document sent to the CIA by Swann and Honorton. :D

"In 1971, Felicia Parise an American psychic allegedly moved a pill bottle across a kitchen counter by psychokinesis. Her feats were endorsed by Honorton. Science writer Martin Gardner wrote Parise had "bamboozled" Honorton by moving the bottle by an invisible thread stretched between her hands"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Honorton

Martin Gardner was a famous debunker of paranormal scams and a founder of the Skeptic movement.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am

prove it
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Poodle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Infinite loop time ...

NO! YOU prove it ain't! (See - there is such a thing as perpetual motion).

Genaro
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Genaro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Martin Gardner was a famous debunker of paranormal scams and a founder of the Skeptic movement.


I didn't know you're a religious person, Matthew?!

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Poodle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Genaro wrote:
Martin Gardner was a famous debunker of paranormal scams and a founder of the Skeptic movement.


I didn't know you're a religious person, Matthew?!


Hmmm. If I knew how that followed I might reply. It doesn't. So I won't. Apart from this.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Martin Gardner was a famous debunker of paranormal scams and a founder of the Skeptic movement.

Genaro wrote: I didn't know you're a religious person, Matthew?!
Martin Gardner and I are both atheists. It is you who religiously claimed that birthmarks are evidence of reincarnation and then failed to explain why 18 million gunshot wounds in WWI didn't result in any reincarnated birthmarks. :D

Like Gorgeous, you are just another "woo" believer who can't stand his own intellectual peers on "woo" forums and thus trolls our science based Skeptic forum. :D

Genaro
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Genaro » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:25 am

Martin Gardner and I are both atheists.


Martin Gardner is dead (so I don't know why you're using the present tense) and he was not an atheist when he was alive.

So it's obvious that I know a lot more about the pedantic putz that was named Martin Gardner than you do.

From your beloved Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Gardner#Theism_and_religion

"Gardner believed in a personal God, in an afterlife, and in prayer, but rejected established religion. He considered himself a philosophical theist and a fideist. He had an abiding fascination with religious belief but was critical of organized religion. In his autobiography, he stated: "When many of my fans discovered that I believed in God and even hoped for an afterlife, they were shocked and dismayed... I do not mean the God of the Bible, especially the God of the Old Testament, or any other book that claims to be divinely inspired. For me God is a "Wholly Other" transcendent intelligence, impossible for us to understand. He or she is somehow responsible for our universe and capable of providing, how I have no inkling, an afterlife."

Gardner described his own belief as philosophical theism inspired by the works of philosopher Miguel de Unamuno. While eschewing systematic religious doctrine, he retained a belief in God, asserting that this belief cannot be confirmed or disconfirmed by reason or science."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You're not the sharpest tool in the Australian woodshed, Matty. Just to make that worse, you're lazy. But I've noticed over the years that you've got lots of company in that regard, down under.

Obnoxious and stupid is no way to go through life. Though it seems that a lot of Aussies have never gotten that memo.

See ya' in the funny papers.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29416
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Genaro wrote:
Martin Gardner and I are both atheists.

Martin Gardner is dead...

And therefore doesn't believe in gods. Or anything else for that matter. :P

...and he was not an atheist when he was alive.

Hence his essay, Why I Am Not An Atheist.

Crazy, crazy stuff....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Martin Gardner and I are both atheists.
Genaro wrote:Martin Gardner is dead (so I don't know why you're using the present tense) and he was not an atheist when he was alive.
As Martin Gardner is now dead he found out about atheism the hard way. :lol:

So how are you going with your 18,000,000 gunshot wounds, reappearing from WWI, supporting your claim that reincarnation is real? :lol:

Genaro
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Genaro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:12 am

As Martin Gardner is now dead he found out about atheism the hard way.


You're welcome, Matty boy.

Thanks to me you now know that he is in fact dead. Plus you now know that he was not an atheist, as you falsely claimed because you're an intellectually lazy dim bulb knee jerk specialist.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Genaro wrote:Thanks to me you now know that he is in fact dead.
Aren't you claiming he simply reincarnated? :lol: Isn't that, why you, a religious person, came here in the first place, to explain reincarnation to all of us?

For the record Michael Shermer, our forum host, is a columnist for Scientific American, as was Martin Gardner. We are very aware Martin Gardner passed away.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 pm

----------Major Dames receives his first Meritorious Service Medal

Citation Details: For distinguishing himself by outstanding meritorious achievement as targeting and analysis officer, United States Army Systems Exploitation Detachment, from 5 January 1983 to 30 September 1984. CPT Dames identified and confirmed the existence of an entirely new Soviet offensive weapon, and then personally briefed senior officials of the National Intelligence Agencies regarding the significance of this new Soviet capability. As a result of CPT Dames' efforts in uncovering this program, new resources are being programmed to develop the appropriate defense measures to deal with this new and highly disturbing Soviet capability. CPT Dames' achievements are clearly outstanding and reflect utmost credit upon himself, his organization, and the United States Army.
------------------Major Dames receives his second Meritorious Service Medal

Citation Details: For distinguishing himself by outstanding meritorious achievement as targeting and analysis officer, United States Army Systems Exploitation Detachment, from 1 June 1983 to 1 November 1984. CPT Dames identified a new and unique Soviet weapons program. The national security implications of CPT Dames' findings have been characterized by top U.S. policymakers as revolutionary, and were briefed by him to officials in all the national intelligence agencies, the Secretary of the Army, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and members of the National Security Council and Congress, who subsequently briefed the president of the United States. CPT Dames' achievements are clearly outstanding and reflect utmost credit upon himself, his organization and the United States Army.
---------------------Major Dames receives The Legion of Merit

Citation Details: For distinguishing himself by exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services as an intelligence officer in the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command and the Defense Intelligence Agency from 1 October 1982 to 1 October 1991. His insightful threat analysis has contributed significantly to this country's ability to maintain its military superiority. Major Dames' distinguished performance of duty throughout this period represents outstanding accomplishments in the most cherished traditions of the United States Army and reflects the utmost credit upon himself and the military service.
----------------------Major Dames supplied the U.S. President and NSC with proof that the Soviets had clandestinely developed a new generation of biochemical warfare agents. As a result, Congress approved funds for a new DIA Biological Threat Analysis Center. Under the standard military rigor and discipline, combined with a team approach and countless hours of applying the new tool against a wide range of operational and training targets, 'psychic intelligence' (PSIINT) methods and techniques became dependable enough to be considered by some individuals in leadership positions for use in support of life-or-death missions, or special operations in which the application of deadly (military) force was authorized. ------------https://youtu.be/crH-nGLByBY
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 pm

gorgeous wrote:---------Major Dames receives his first Meritorious Service Medal

Citation Details: For distinguishing himself by outstanding meritorious achievement as targeting and analysis officer, United States Army Systems Exploitation Detachment, from 5 January 1983 to 30 September 1984. CPT Dames identified and confirmed the existence of an entirely new Soviet offensive weapon, and then personally briefed senior officials of the National Intelligence Agencies regarding the significance of this new Soviet capability. As a result of CPT Dames' efforts in uncovering this program, new resources are being programmed to develop the appropriate defense measures to deal with this new and highly disturbing Soviet capability. CPT Dames' achievements are clearly outstanding and reflect utmost credit upon himself, his organization, and the United States Army. ------------------Major Dames receives his second Meritorious Service Medal


Gorgeous copied this from Eddy Dame's webpage "Learn remote Viewing" and none of it is true.
http://www.learnrv.com/eddames.cfm

In reality Eddy Dames is going bankrupt after making the following predictions.

1) Martians would be caught stealing fertilizer from U.S. companies
2) The existence of Satan would be proven by science
3) Bill Clinton would be killed in April 1998 on a golf course by lightning
4) Claimed to know the exact location of Amelia Earhart's plane
5) Claimed a cylindrical object containing deadly fungus spores released by an alien intelligence was headed towards Earth in 1998.
6) Claimed that Africa would be hit with major famine due to a wheat fungus, and eventually spread to the Americas.
7) Claimed 300 m.p.h. winds would sweep over the U.S.
8) Ed predicted that "a series of powerful, deadly solar flares" he termed "the killshot" would impact the Earth and wipe out civilization between 2011 and 2013.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ed_Dames

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:In reality Eddy Dames is going bankrupt after making the following predictions.

1) Martians would be caught stealing fertilizer from U.S. companies
2) The existence of Satan would be proven by science
3) Bill Clinton would be killed in April 1998 on a golf course by lightning
4) Claimed to know the exact location of Amelia Earhart's plane
5) Claimed a cylindrical object containing deadly fungus spores released by an alien intelligence was headed towards Earth in 1998.
6) Claimed that Africa would be hit with major famine due to a wheat fungus, and eventually spread to the Americas.
7) Claimed 300 m.p.h. winds would sweep over the U.S.
8) Ed predicted that "a series of powerful, deadly solar flares" he termed "the killshot" would impact the Earth and wipe out civilization between 2011 and 2013.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ed_Dames

:rotfl: Was there ever any follow-up from him when none of this came true? I admit to the kind of curiosity that causes people to rubberneck when they see a car accident; this guy sounds like a hot mess...lol.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26761
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote: Was there ever any follow-up from him when none of this came true? .
Yes. A variety of skeptic and anti-cult websites and forums, identified Eddy Dame's bad predictions. However Gorgeous and his hordes of fellow idiots don't read those websites. :D

That's an ongoing problem. The "Woo" website only repeat the woo stories and never follow up on the debunks or failed predictions. Generally, a short search on the internet will find debunking material.

The other thing is that "woo" websites will have a variety of conflicting stories going on simultaneously. On one hand aliens can predict the future, yet simultaneously aliens have endless UFO crashes on Earth. :D

One way to think about this is the human tendency to anthropomorphise or give human characteristics to non-humans things. Remote viewers claim to see the future, but die in car crashes and other normal unexpected ways. So why can't aliens be just as stupid as humans? The woosters simply ignore all these conflicting story lines.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 am

LOL...I've always wondered why self-proclaimed psychics aren't all wealthy. Can't they predict the winning lottery numbers?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19748
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 am

Ooohh no - highly unethical! (And might attract too many people in need but without money...)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Nikki Nyx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:59 am

Unethical...lol.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Linkdex [Bot] and 2 guests