Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:36 pm

So... what do you think about this: http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/09/28/extraterrestrial-mummy-found-in-egypt/

What do you think is the evidence for and against it being:

  • A hoax
  • A birth defect
  • A disease
  • A new human lineage
  • A new terrestrial species
  • An extra terrestrial.
  • Or... something else?

I love it when a new mystery comes along!:)

Mid you I am not sure how they can know its a mummy without a full autopsy, it could even be a father! Happy Friday!
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Flash » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:13 am

:laff: You are joking, right?
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

ATF628
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 6:41 am

Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby ATF628 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:14 am

If there's an alien life form out there I'm quite sure they look nothing like humans. This "ET" is way to human-like IMO. It's probably a deformed baby.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Poodle » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:33 am

Methinks Salomed is being mischievous again.

Yes, it's a full-blown alien, obviously. Goes without saying.

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:19 am

No I am not joking! What do you think it might be?

What do you think is the evidence for and against it being:

A hoax
A birth defect
A disease
A new human lineage
A new terrestrial species
An extra terrestrial.
Or... something else?

We must agree if it is genuine it is a paradigm crasher.

Is it genuine? If you think it is, why, if not, why not?

Tally ho!
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26086
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

According to the article, Dr. Viktor Lubek, a retired professor from Pennsylvannia University discovered the body. It's a pity that Dr Victor Lubek doesn't exist but let's not worry about that. Nor should we be concerned that the photo of the alien from Peru, included in the article, was a debunked fake photo from 2011. Nor should we worry that this story is actually from early 2011 from a Brazilian paranormal magazine called "Brazil Weird News" that was debunked a year ago.

Yawn.

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:[color=#000080]It's a pity that Dr Victor Lubek doesn't exist but let's not worry about that.


We should worry about it if we are interested in these kind of things.

I can't find any non-artcile based evidence for his existence, but because the source is a clandestine egyptologist who cannot be named we should assume either error, suppression (PTW) or a hoax and move onto the images itself.

Nor should we be concerned that the photo of the alien from Peru, included in the article, was a debunked fake photo from 2011.


This seems more like it! Do you have that link, that should be a bullseye shot if you do.

Mind you, its not clear that the article is saying that the image contained is the image of the mummy mentioned. If this is the case there is no available evidence at all and its just pure hearsay, in fact its worse than hearsay because the image inclusion seems misleading.

Nor should we worry that this story is actually from early 2011 from a Brazilian paranormal magazine called "Brazil Weird News" that was debunked a year ago.


This is new evidence to me. Do you have a link by any chance? (I found this: http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/small-mummy-alien-of-peru.html)

Yawn.


You were doing so well.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
busterggi
Regular Poster
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Custom Title: General Weirdness
Location: New Britain, CT

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby busterggi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:46 pm

I haven't checked in for almost two weeks - if this is seriously up for discussion I'll be back in a month. :(

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19173
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26086
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:48 am

salomed wrote: You were doing so well.


Whoopsy, it went straight over your head. The Egyptian Alien Mummy story was first created in Brazil Weird News in April 2011. Your opening link simply repeats the same story as new in September 2012 in another "woo" magazine. Both articles call the pyramid Senusret II although the pyramid is really called the Lahun Pyramid. They did this so idiots like you would not use google to look up the evidence from the archaeological dig in 2009 at Lahum Pyramid.

The Lahun Pyramid was excavated by Abdul Rahman Ayedi.

The find comes shortly after Ayedi's team last month announced it had unearthed a cache of mummies dating to a later period in brightly painted coffins in a necropolis at the site -- the first to be found in the shadow of the Lahun pyramid

If you had half a brain you would have worked out that the Luhan Pyramid was closed before the introduction of mummification. The photos in the Brazil Weird News have nothing to do with the Luhan Pyramid and the article doesn't even ask the obvious question "Why are there mummies in a pre mummification pyramid?". This is because some hack writer for a woo magazine in Brazil made the entire story up in 2011.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/05/ ... 5920090505

hillary_alien__weekly_world_news.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:30 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
salomed wrote: You were doing so well.


Whoopsy, it went straight over your head. The Egyptian Alien Mummy story was first created in Brazil Weird News in April 2011. Your opening link simply repeats the same story as new in September 2012 in another "woo" magazine. Both articles call the pyramid Senusret II although the pyramid is really called the Lahun Pyramid. They did this so idiots like you would not use google to look up the evidence from the archaeological dig in 2009 at Lahum Pyramid.

The Lahun Pyramid was excavated by Abdul Rahman Ayedi.

The find comes shortly after Ayedi's team last month announced it had unearthed a cache of mummies dating to a later period in brightly painted coffins in a necropolis at the site -- the first to be found in the shadow of the Lahun pyramid

If you had half a brain you would have worked out that the Luhan Pyramid was closed before the introduction of mummification. The photos in the Brazil Weird News have nothing to do with the Luhan Pyramid and the article doesn't even ask the obvious question "Why are there mummies in a pre mummification pyramid?". This is because some hack writer for a woo magazine in Brazil made the entire story up in 2011.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/05/ ... 5920090505

hillary_alien__weekly_world_news.jpg



But I didn't have this information, now I do. Thank's for your time.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 19173
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:47 pm

It's a good object lesson on fact checking before going off an a tear. Google will save much egg-on-face time.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Gullibility is easier than fact checking... Salo, your open-mindedness surely clouds your ability to research the bunk you deem "mysterious". This would be a mystery if scientific research was actually done and all of the results were inconclusive, unfortunately, it appears it has been a hoax. Google not only for information that will support the extraterrestrial theory, but also for information that refutes it. Not so mysterious as it is delusional.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm

moth1ne wrote:Gullibility is easier than fact checking... Salo, your open-mindedness surely clouds your ability to research the bunk you deem "mysterious". This would be a mystery if scientific research was actually done and all of the results were inconclusive, unfortunately, it appears it has been a hoax. Google not only for information that will support the extraterrestrial theory, but also for information that refutes it. Not so mysterious as it is delusional.


Hey, I just read the article and posted it here. I wasn't making any claims about it, in fact I was being perfectly skeptical and reasonable in my outlining of the potentials.

I don't feel there is any requirement to not post here unless you have thoughtfully researched it, especially not when your not being dogmatic.

Luckily for me, a volunteer researched and collated the evidence and provided it to me, gratis, thus saving me my valuable time. So it's all good.

As for mystery... I do love mystery, and I am sorry if you don't.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Just saw this in the comments:

This mummy is actually one of the stillborn children of Tutankhamun. In 2009, the Supreme Council of Antiquities, lead by dr. Zahi Hawass, conducted a DNA research on the family of Tutankhamun to establish his parents and if these 2 stillborns, found in his tomb in the Valley of the Kings in 1922 by Howard Carter, are really his own children or perhaps symbolic gifts for the afterlife. The DNA test proved conclusively that they are indeed his children. Although the research was not repeated independently and poorly published, there was an elaborate article in the Journal of the American Medical Association in february 2010 (http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... eid=185393).

So, no mystery or aliens here! This ‘article’ is very much a hoax. Just search on Google Pictures for ‘Tutankhamun children’ and see for yourself.


Different to the claims my researcher provided! Oh the mystery!:P
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:30 pm

salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:Gullibility is easier than fact checking... Salo, your open-mindedness surely clouds your ability to research the bunk you deem "mysterious". This would be a mystery if scientific research was actually done and all of the results were inconclusive, unfortunately, it appears it has been a hoax. Google not only for information that will support the extraterrestrial theory, but also for information that refutes it. Not so mysterious as it is delusional.


Hey, I just read the article and posted it here. I wasn't making any claims about it, in fact I was being perfectly skeptical and reasonable in my outlining of the potentials.

I don't feel there is any requirement to not post here unless you have thoughtfully researched it, especially not when your not being dogmatic.

Luckily for me, a volunteer researched and collated the evidence and provided it to me, gratis, thus saving me my valuable time. So it's all good.

As for mystery... I do love mystery, and I am sorry if you don't.

When did I say I did not like mysteries? My point was that you should do research before deeming something a mystery to science. It would not have taken you much time to gather the information that Matthew gathered, which did a fine job debunking any of the extraterrestrial scenarios you offered up. I realize you did not make any claims but the possibility of it being an alien mummy could have been ruled out before you even posted the topic. Why you consider it probable after reading this article seems mysterious to me...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm

moth1ne wrote:My point was that you should do research before deeming something a mystery to science.


Don't tell people how they should behave, its obnoxious. Moreover, if you somehow connect your cognition with your perception you would see that I most certainly did not deem anything a mystery to science.

It would not have taken you much time to gather the information that Matthew gathered


But of he wants to do it for me why should I stop him? He didn't have to do that work for me, nor did I ask him to. It's a bit of a shame he might not have been as accurate in his research as I had hoped, but nobody is perfect. I guess if I had been paying him his normal rate of $500 an hour I would have been a bit miffed at his lack of thoroughness. :p (Ok, I am being facetious here, but in a comedic sense, for sure)


I realize you did not make any claims but the possibility of it being an alien mummy could have been ruled out before you even posted the topic.


Right, so what really is the point for you replying to me? Are you some kind of censor. Moth, our chats never have much fruit. Methinks thou should ignore me.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:51 pm

salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:My point was that you should do research before deeming something a mystery to science.


Don't tell people how they should behave, its obnoxious. Moreover, if you somehow connect your cognition with your perception you would see that I most certainly did not deem anything a mystery to science.

It would not have taken you much time to gather the information that Matthew gathered


But of he wants to do it for me why should I stop him? He didn't have to do that work for me, nor did I ask him to. It's a bit of a shame he might not have been as accurate in his research as I had hoped, but nobody is perfect. I guess if I had been paying him his normal rate of $500 an hour I would have been a bit miffed at his lack of thoroughness. :p (Ok, I am being facetious here, but in a comedic sense, for sure)


I realize you did not make any claims but the possibility of it being an alien mummy could have been ruled out before you even posted the topic.


Right, so what really is the point for you replying to me? Are you some kind of censor. Moth, our chats never have much fruit. Methinks thou should ignore me.

Oh but I like these chats. Why would I ignore someone whom I have so many frequent, good-natured, debates with? As far as me being obnoxious, I would hope anyone looking to discuss a topic on a skeptic's forum would properly research their topic, especially if they started it. But I did not demand you to do any such thing, I am merely trying to help you out. Secondly, you did call this topic a mystery in the opening post, no? As the originator of the topic, you ask us to give reasons as to why we believe it is or is not an alien mummy (it's hard to say that without chuckling). So essentially, you did ask Matthew to do research for you, you asked anyone to research it for you. There is nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with me responding to your topic as bunk when it has been proved to be nothing but.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:09 pm

love it when a new mystery comes along!:)

Is this not calling something a mystery?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm

moth1ne wrote:Oh but I like these chats. Why would I ignore someone whom I have so many frequent, good-natured, debates with?


LOL. OK. Well, don't get sucked into all that nasty negging please!

As far as me being obnoxious, I would hope anyone looking to discuss a topic on a skeptic's forum would properly research their topic, especially if they started it.


As said, I disagree, especially when there is no false claim made or dogma peddled.

But I did not demand you to do any such thing, I am merely trying to help you out. Secondly, you did call this topic a mystery in the opening post, no?


Nein! Ich sprechen: "I love it when a new mystery comes along!:)"

Whereof I was simply stating that I do, in fact, love a new mystery.

I think the fact that the very first item I suggested in my enumeration was "a hoax" made it very clear that I felt it was very possible that this mystery would soon be rendered unmysterious.

As the originator of the topic, you ask us to give reasons as to why we believe it is or is not an alien mummy


Yes. And?

(it's hard to say that without chuckling).


(Then I think you have been trapped by the mainstream response to the starchild skull; this becomes increasingly mysterious year by year, not decreasingly.)

So essentially, you did ask Matthew to do research for you,


This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

Hubris.

Fnord.;)
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
angawawa
Regular Poster
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:41 pm
Custom Title: A little strange

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby angawawa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 pm

ATF628 wrote:If there's an alien life form out there I'm quite sure they look nothing like humans. This "ET" is way to human-like IMO. It's probably a deformed baby.


Actually I think there are good reasons why our body type might arise on another planet. If you look at all of the species on our planet now and in the past, you will see that many many unique types have existed, each perfectly adapted to its living space. The human body form has allowed us to fill the biggest ever niche on earth. Upright, important brain carefully encased, opposable thumbs on strong hands, binocular vision, and said brains very large in ratio to our bodies. Also, consider the fact that amino acids and nucleotides bases have been found in meteorites. I think there's avoid case to be made that such a successful body type may be repeated on other life-bearing worlds.
If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw all manner of garbage into it.

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm

salomed wrote:Just saw this in the comments:

This mummy is actually one of the stillborn children of Tutankhamun. In 2009, the Supreme Council of Antiquities, lead by dr. Zahi Hawass, conducted a DNA research on the family of Tutankhamun to establish his parents and if these 2 stillborns, found in his tomb in the Valley of the Kings in 1922 by Howard Carter, are really his own children or perhaps symbolic gifts for the afterlife. The DNA test proved conclusively that they are indeed his children. Although the research was not repeated independently and poorly published, there was an elaborate article in the Journal of the American Medical Association in february 2010 (http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... eid=185393).

So, no mystery or aliens here! This ‘article’ is very much a hoax. Just search on Google Pictures for ‘Tutankhamun children’ and see for yourself.


Different to the claims my researcher provided! Oh the mystery!:P

While the JAMA article is very interesting and informative, I did not read where it talked about this particular mummy. Here is another article discussing the mummy mentioned in your article:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/08/1 ... fetus.html

EDIT: The mummy is a fetus or stillborn baby, not an alien.
Last edited by moth1ne on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 pm

salomed wrote:(Then I think you have been trapped by the mainstream response to the starchild skull; this becomes increasingly mysterious year by year, not decreasingly.)

Increasingly mysterious because more scientific evidence surfaces, or because wooists and conspiracy theorists keep it trending?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 pm

moth1ne wrote:Increasingly mysterious because more scientific evidence surfaces, or because wooists and conspiracy theorists keep it trending?


Oh I think the former. The skeptards are still talking about outdated 2004 evidence, for them it's done and dusted and certainly a human deformity. I am unconvinced of this hypothesis. Its very exciting to me!:)
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 pm

salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:Increasingly mysterious because more scientific evidence surfaces, or because wooists and conspiracy theorists keep it trending?


Oh I think the former. The skeptards are still talking about outdated 2004 evidence, for them it's done and dusted and certainly a human deformity. I am unconvinced of this hypothesis. Its very exciting to me!:)

Well let's not derail your own topic here salomed, but have you read the discovery article I just posted discussing the mummy found in Egypt as a stillborn fetus, possibly with lineage to King Tut? What of this evidence contrary to the alien hypothesis?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
xouper
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9778
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby xouper » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 pm

salomed wrote:Don't tell people how they should behave, its obnoxious.

I am sorely tempted to paste that everywhere on the forum where you have told people how they should behave.

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 pm

xouper wrote:
salomed wrote:Don't tell people how they should behave, its obnoxious.

I am sorely tempted to paste that everywhere on the forum where you have told people how they should behave.


Please do, it wont take you long at all.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
xouper
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9778
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby xouper » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:03 pm

salomed wrote:This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He [Matthew] chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

That was uncalled for. And false.

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 pm

moth1ne wrote:
salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:Increasingly mysterious because more scientific evidence surfaces, or because wooists and conspiracy theorists keep it trending?


Oh I think the former. The skeptards are still talking about outdated 2004 evidence, for them it's done and dusted and certainly a human deformity. I am unconvinced of this hypothesis. Its very exciting to me!:)

Well let's not derail your own topic here salomed, but have you read the discovery article I just posted discussing the mummy found in Egypt as a stillborn fetus, possibly with lineage to King Tut? What of this evidence contrary to the alien hypothesis?


Yes I did, I read it earlier. What is the alien hypthesis?

Is it:

There are aliens in space.
There are aliens on earth.
There were aliens on earth.

PS: I dont mind this topic being derailed. I am convinced its a hoax. I am not convinced the starchild skull is.

Later alligator
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

xouper wrote:
salomed wrote:This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He [Matthew] chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

That was uncalled for. And false.


We see things differntly.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
xouper
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9778
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby xouper » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

salomed wrote:
xouper wrote:
salomed wrote:This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He [Matthew] chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

That was uncalled for. And false.

We see things differntly.

Keep it up and the administrator will explain the forum rules again to you.

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:18 pm

salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:
salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:Increasingly mysterious because more scientific evidence surfaces, or because wooists and conspiracy theorists keep it trending?


Oh I think the former. The skeptards are still talking about outdated 2004 evidence, for them it's done and dusted and certainly a human deformity. I am unconvinced of this hypothesis. Its very exciting to me!:)

Well let's not derail your own topic here salomed, but have you read the discovery article I just posted discussing the mummy found in Egypt as a stillborn fetus, possibly with lineage to King Tut? What of this evidence contrary to the alien hypothesis?


Yes I did, I read it earlier. What is the alien hypthesis?

Is it:

There are aliens in space.
There are aliens on earth.
There were aliens on earth.

PS: I dont mind this topic being derailed. I am convinced its a hoax. I am not convinced the starchild skull is.

Later alligator

Those are alien hypothesis's sure, but that's not what I said and you know what I was referring to. The alien hypothesis I was referring to is: The mummy found in Egypt is an alien... obviously this is what I was talking about, not to derail the topic. I'm glad you have claimed that this is a hoax, but why you are not convinced of the mtDNA evidence that has shown the starchild skull to be a human is beyond me. If you ignore the scientifically convincing evidence then sure, I could see why you aren't convinced, you are ignoring evidence. Stop ignoring it and I'm sure you will come around.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 pm

xouper wrote:
salomed wrote:
xouper wrote:
salomed wrote:This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He [Matthew] chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

That was uncalled for. And false.

We see things differntly.

Keep it up and the administrator will explain the forum rules again to you.


If you look at this thread you will see that Dullard started with the insults, and that I have not insulted him until this post when I called him "Dullard". Which admittedly, is not a very good or imaginative insult.

I did take the pith out of him for wasting time on getting a wrong response. That was funny, I felt:)

I did call him out on his "bitter vanity" which I think is the case; he exhibits a vanity and bitterness in every post I read of his.

I asked him to keep away from me after his last spout of bitter belligernace, which he managed for a while, until this post, when against my politeness, he insulted me.

Snouts out Xouper.
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:24 pm

moth1ne wrote:... but why you are not convinced of the mtDNA evidence that has shown the starchild skull to be a human is beyond me.


Have you seen the new videos on the http://www.starchildproject.com/

Have you refuted this:

http://www.starchildproject.com/dna2011marchlaymans.htm

If you ignore the scientifically convincing evidence then sure, I could see why you aren't convinced, you are ignoring evidence


The evidence you are referring to is outdated and based on erroneous practices. This is all explained on the above site. You are ignoring evidence, yes?

If not, why not?
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6001
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Flash » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I just want to know if that picture of Hillary with an alien baby is real? :this:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm

salomed wrote:
moth1ne wrote:... but why you are not convinced of the mtDNA evidence that has shown the starchild skull to be a human is beyond me.


Have you seen the new videos on the http://www.starchildproject.com/

Have you refuted this:

http://www.starchildproject.com/dna2011marchlaymans.htm

If you ignore the scientifically convincing evidence then sure, I could see why you aren't convinced, you are ignoring evidence


The evidence you are referring to is outdated and based on erroneous practices. This is all explained on the above site. You are ignoring evidence, yes?

If not, why not?

What I find most striking is that all of their studies come from starchildproject.com. Where are the peer-reviewed studies done that verify the claims of this advocacy group? Not more advocacy groups, but scientific journals or papers. All of the links they provide for their dna testing are just links to more starchildproject pages... Doesn't seem to be an unbiased source.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26086
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm

salomed wrote:This is a discussion forum. People choose to discuss or not. He [Matthew] chose to get involved and did so in his normal bitter vanity.

xouper wrote:That was uncalled for. And false.

salomed wrote:If you look at this thread you will see that Dullard started with the insults


You are claiming a skeptic debunking your "woo" rubbish on the Skeptic Society forum is due to bitterness and vanity. That is incorrect. It is simply because you, a 9/11 truther, posted rubbish.

You can't spell, you don't do research, you don't have any basic knowledge of any of the subject matters you post here, you pretend to be a philosophy student but haven't got a clue what citations are and how to use them, you never check your own rubbish's facts and here you are whinging that someone made you look stupid.

I didn't make you look stupid. You are making yourself look stupid.

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby moth1ne » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 pm

starchildproject.com wrote:A geneticist from an established and well-accredited research facility in the U.S.A. offered to attempt to analyze the Starchild Skull’s nuclear DNA using sophisticated genetic analysis techniques such as genome amplifications and classic shotgun sequencing, which were not available to Dr. Malhi and Dr. Eshleman due to the narrow specialization and commercial nature of the Trace Genetics business model.

And whom might this mystery geneticist be? Of course they won't mention his name or which research facility he worked in...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: You are making yourself look stupid.[/color]


You know Matt, I don't care if you think that. You never look stupid, you always look super smart. I dont care if you think I'm a total dick. I know I haven't lied to you and I know apart from a few moments of weakness on my part I haven't been anything like as nasty to you as you have to me.

Please, either just make up or leave me alone. I am not here for this BS ego battle. Its un kind to both of us.

I admire your smarts but feel sorry for your personality as it is on here. I really hope we can improve on our mutual kindness; even if you don't respect me or believe me you should be kind to me, as I should be to you.

I will leave you with a quote from Rabbi Heschel that I have carried with me for a pretty long time:

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people."
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H

User avatar
salomed
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Re: Extraterrestrial mummy found in Egypt

Postby salomed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:13 pm

moth1ne wrote:
starchildproject.com wrote:A geneticist from an established and well-accredited research facility in the U.S.A. offered to attempt to analyze the Starchild Skull’s nuclear DNA using sophisticated genetic analysis techniques such as genome amplifications and classic shotgun sequencing, which were not available to Dr. Malhi and Dr. Eshleman due to the narrow specialization and commercial nature of the Trace Genetics business model.

And whom might this mystery geneticist be? Of course they won't mention his name or which research facility he worked in...


I dont know. Please note I am not nor have I said I think this is Alien. I think the case is not closed and the evidence increases not decreases. But don't nitpick, it is unskillfull reasoning. If you were in the position to refute the above claim, that would be great. But you are not, as you don't have the sample. This may be suspicious, I fully agree, but nonetheless it is evidence that is not de facto refuted.

Can you tell me why it is you feel you can doubt claim X but then not move to try to doubt your doubt of claim X?

This is such a crucial question to answer, if one wants to be a philosophical skeptic. Do you see that?

BTW Can we agree to Crocker's rule from now on?
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest