The People Who Can't Wear Watches

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Kitiara
Frequent Poster

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Kitiara » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I was never able to wear a watch. They always stopped working. The only kind that seemed to work for a while were the two dollar digital kind from Walmart.
As far as electric fields go, one time many years ago I was getting a strong static shock anytime I touched metal. I mean blue lightning flashing strong zaps... I had a big metal gate that I closed across my driveway each night. The neighbor was out one night, we shared the driveway and closed the gate whenever we went in or out, and I asked her what she thought of the massive painful zaps the gate gave her when she closed it. She said she had never gotten a static shot off it. Now me, I would get weak in the knees from the zap I would get just touching the thing. I looked up the idea and I found a theory that some people's auras were overextended, flaring, and given some thought into the matter, I ceased getting static shocks so constantly from anything metal. Nowadays, I just get the normal occasional dry air day shocks that anyone else gets. I still dislike metal forks and cutlery, and don't bother with watches out of habit. I decided it wasn't important enough to be on time to most stuff anyhow. Makes folks that are sticklers for promptness giddy ;) I can be early or late to most stuff. If it seems truely important I use the clock on the cell phone. :D
------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with life is there's no background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=669JgdXu-u0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgGQgmA1Ic

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:58 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Amanitine

Postby Amanitine » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Infection with Magnetospirillum magnetotacticum?

"Magnetospirillosis symptoms:
-Your watch consistently stops working after a short time.
-Computers near you act weird.
-You always get lost with your compass."

Magnetospirillum doesn't seem very pathogenic or even anthropophilic though, so maybe it'll be one of his unknown cousins or a random pathogen that acquired a magnetosome in some strange way.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Great, just what we need: Another STD!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Gord wrote:Great, just what we need: Another STD!

Some people go to great lengths to make themselves more attractive.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Badfish

Postby Badfish » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Here's my theory, and I'm pretty sure that someone has mentioned it in this thread though I don't feel like going back to see who it was because I'm lazy. Basically, people want to be/feel special or unique or have some special powers that sets them apart from the rest. They had a bad experience with some cheap/badly made watches, which seems to be my problem, everyone I buy stops working in a matter of weeks so I basically gave up on them, but I never once thought it was my body chemistry or a so called "human energy field" (which I'm pretty sure does not exist no matter how many goofy ways you can set up a camera to "prove" it.) It's just good old fashion bad luck. As far as street lights go...in our city and I'm guessing many others as well, the street lights go off when there is little traffic around, to save energy coming on only after it is triggered by a certain number of headlights passing by it via a sensor. I know this because I live on a main road. So, no,your not special, sorry to break it to you. You are normal just like the rest of us.

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Bart Stewart wrote:Here's one that I don't think we have ever discussed.

I've known various people over years, including two relatives, who insist they cannot wear wrist watches because they invariably stop working after a short period of time. No these are not jack-hammer operators, just regular folks who say that they have given up on wrist watches after multiple failed attempts to find a one that will function on their wrist. The implication is that close contact with the person is causing the mechanism to fail.

It is interesting on a few different counts. One is that, while I have no statistics on this, I seem to recall several people over the years making this claim, and often saying that they know of other people who have the same problem. It makes me wonder how widespread this is. Secondly, I have never seen it mentioned in any of the paranormalist literature or TV shows. I am always more interested in mysteries in which nobody is making a profit on it. Also, unlike transient phenomena (ghosts and UFOs) this one involves something solid - a watch that won't work. And apparently it could be replicated, as these people are saying watches just don't work on them. On the psychological side, the people I know who make the claim seem strangely accepting of this bizarre situation. They shrug it off.

I have wondered if perspiration could be involved. If not excessive perspiration, could it be a mineral or chemical in their sweat that is getting into the watch and gumming it up? Seems unlikely, but not as much as exotic energy fields. One claim I have heard is that magnetic fields are to blame. So are there people who have trouble keeping other mechanisms working in contact with their body? How about pacemakers and artificial hearts?

Just another little mystery to solve. I suppose it could all be imaginary, except that these folks would prefer to know what time it is, but they can't wear a watch.

I love these kinds of questions. Not because I'm a believer or promoter in anything strange, but because it challenges the frontiers of science and forces us (if we choose) to think outside the "box" of conventional thinking. Not only that, but it is with some small measure of perverse pleasure perhaps that it tends to tweak the nose of the armchair skeptic who imagines he wields control by "owning" the default negative conclusion, or failing that, a lame explanation in lieu of a plausible one, often reinforced by a willing lack of detail. Often this aim is reinforced by a liberal application of ridicule, in hopes of tainting the question to below the level of a worthy discussion of the evidence. (evidence? what evidence?)

I certainly don't have any preconceived belief in whether this is a measurable phenomena or not, or whether it can ever be totally debunked or explained, but the persistence of anecdotal evidence is not easily dismissible in a wholesale fashion, the way some skeptics seem comfortable doing.

I do know that from personal experience that some anomalous things can happen with delicate electronic or mechanical instruments. At times, they do appear to correspond to willful notions we sometimes have at the time. Whether this is a trick of the mind or whether the mind has a bearing on some physical effects, I don't think anyone can say with perfect certainty. Modern theoretical physics is starting to tread on the possibility that intention could have an effect on causality. I think if nothing else, it's an interesting avenue for someone to investigate. In the meantime, I'll cheer those who keep an open mind and boo those who can't bear the idea of using a little imagination.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Paul
Regular Poster

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:02 am

Yes, the claim is more common then folks think. However, the scientific explanation is there is no such real phenomena.
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Proud To Be a Vietnam Vet

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 am

Paul wrote:Yes, the claim is more common then folks think. However, the scientific explanation is there is no such real phenomena.

I don't think science makes explanations; people do. Science is a tool they use to eliminate explanations that don't stack up scientifically, therefore leaving what looks like the best possible explanation. Errors can still occur of course, when someone incorrectly assumes they have tested all possible alternatives.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Secular Penguinist

Postby Secular Penguinist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 am

I can't wear watches either.
It's not because they stop working though, but because they won't stay on my damn flipper!

bizzypelaccio

Postby bizzypelaccio » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm

I can't wear a watch. Most watches I wear die within a day. My mom gave me a watch that she had worn for 15 years, saying, "You can't break this one. It's indestructible." It died within the hour, and nothing - not even replacing the battery - could make it work again. I wore a watch that I had to wind every day, and that one lasted me almost a whole year. I gave up on watches. Also, if I use laptop computers or cell phones for extended periods of time, they will start malfunctioning or die. I do have to replace my lightbulbs pretty regularly and when I feel anxious or have to use the bathroom, my fingers will tingle/pulsate like I am touching an electric fence.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 am

Maybe its an X-man power that you coud develop!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Squishua
Regular Poster
Custom Title: Invisible Man

Postby Squishua » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 am

I stopped wearing wristwatches after owning 3 defective ones in the 1990's. One was a Timex analog watch whose second hand somehow became just bent enough to get stuck against the minute hand on occasion, stopping time until I dislodged it by giving the watch a whack. Then I got a Seiko whose "SQ" logo on the watchface somehow fell off, tangling the hands. I took it back to the watch shop where I bought it and they glued the SQ back onto the face, but it came off again within a month. Finally I got a digital watch (another Timex), but this one suffered mysterious electrical problems and would randomly reset itself to 12:00:00am several times per week.

(Before someone postulates that it was all due to jacking off too much - I wore these watches on my other wrist!)

Prior to all that, I had a Casio that lasted for 10 years (in case you haven't guessed, ol Squish is a cheap bastard). After that I think I just had the misfortune to select defective watches. After 3 in a row, I gave up.
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
- H. L. Mencken

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am

I've been using the Casio Databank watchez since they came out. I hav 3 that are running now, 2 wich I use regularly that are both over 10 yirz old. The wun I dont use, the keypad delaminated after about 3 yirz uv occasional assaults in a machine shop envirment, so I'd hav to retape it back on every week or 2 for the last few yirz I used it.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Kitiara wrote:As far as electric fields go, one time many years ago I was getting a strong static shock anytime I touched metal. I mean blue lightning flashing strong zaps... [SNIP] I looked up the idea and I found a theory that some people's auras were overextended, flaring ...

Of course. Your aura.

It had absolutely nothing to do with polyester fashions, vinyl car seats, or rubber-soled shoes.

Your aura. Definitely. No other possible explanation.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Kitiara wrote:As far as electric fields go, one time many years ago I was getting a strong static shock anytime I touched metal. I mean blue lightning flashing strong zaps... [SNIP] I looked up the idea and I found a theory that some people's auras were overextended, flaring ...

Of course. Your aura.

It had absolutely nothing to do with polyester fashions, vinyl car seats, or rubber-soled shoes.

Your aura. Definitely. No other possible explanation.

Science needs more headroom to work on such phenomena. It's been wearing it hat a bit too tight for the last few decades.

corymaylett
Regular Poster

Postby corymaylett » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm

I stopped wearing watches about 15 years ago. There are clocks on my computers, hanging on my walls, staring at me from my iPhone, on my motorcycle, in my car, next to my bed, on my microwave, on my desk phone, and there's even a clock on our washing machine for some unknown reason. From where I'm sitting right now, I can see three separate clocks, and if I lean over to look out the window, there's a big giant clock on the tower down the street. Wearing still another clock on my wrist seems redundant.

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 pm

**Digression Warning**

Why is it that mechanical clocks made hundreds of years ago kept nearly perfect time, and had adjustment screws that could make them even more accurate...?

Yet the digital clock on my desk loses almost 10 minutes a week?

I don't think digital clocks have changed much in the last 30 years from what I have seen. I'm no electronic engineer, but it seems like a simple matter to design a clock chip that automatically corrects the speed of an electronic clock based on the amount of correction that has occurred since the last adjustment.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 am

Has anyone considered the electronics of the watches themselves? For instance, most digital wristwatches use a quartz crystal called a crystal oscillator to generate the precise oscillation to the watch circuit required to keep accurate time. They are stated to be very accurate, however, they work most accurately at room temperature (25°C) and When exposed to temperatures both above or below 10°C they can lose 2 minutes a year, and it stands to reason that even more extreme temperatures lead to greater variances. Now maybe some watches are better insulated than others thanks to their design. Mechanical stresses also impact their frequency, as well as pressure, so really hot or cold days will impact the crystal twofold, and flying in an pressurized airliner would create inaccuracies, and one would think a non pressurized aircraft travelling at it's altitude limit would create even greater inaccuracies. Additional to vibrations, acoustic noise can affect accuracy, so going to concerts or standing nextcto huge speakers at nightclubs is not doing the crystal any favours.

Power supply voltage affects accuracy, so a dying battery will lead to poor timekeeping. Additionally, magnetic fields are said to affect performance, so sitting near a tv, CRT, speaker system, high voltage power line, or any transformer device which produces magnetic fields will have an impact. Over time the aging of the crystal will affect accuracy as well. Radiation is said to affect them as well, so tvs, cellphones, computers, radios, or any kind of emitting device will add up.

The greatest contributors seem to be shock, so careful people, who live in very stable and pleasant temperatures at sea level, who never go on plane trips, aren't clumsy, don't use many electrical devices, and who have enough money to buy quality timepieces (yes there are cheap crystals and expensive ones) are less likely to experience difficulty with the accuracy of their digital watch. So basically if you have a watch long enough to notice it is inaccurate (atleast a year) and are basically technologically challenged and never go outside or lift a finger you will probably have good luck with digital watches.

Then of course, you have to make sure you set them using an accurate time source to begin with, rather than using the analog wall clock that you haven't checked or changed the battery in years and you bought for $10 at wallmart, and set it from a parallax angle of 75° to the right of the clock, and then blaming your being late to work on your shifty timepiece. ;)

numan
BANNED

Postby numan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 pm

'
I detest wearing watches, rings or any other such paraphenalia. I also strongly disapprove of tattooing and body-piercing.

Evolution has provided us with a marvelous instrument: our bodies. The thought of ignorantly tampering with it brings out my most Chinese reaction: it is an offense against our ancestors.

Unlike the Chinese, I also disapprove of wearing clothes, except for practical purposes. I certainly would not wear them except for the vile oppression of our rulers who would incarcerate me if I went against their dictatorship.
Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. This is the first step toward becoming either estimable or agreeable---and until it is taken, there is no hope.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 am

In that case, I, for one, welcome our vile overlords.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

numan
BANNED

Postby numan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 am

'

It figures.
Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. This is the first step toward becoming either estimable or agreeable---and until it is taken, there is no hope.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 am

So... Anyways...

The people that can't wear watches obviously can't use mobile phones that use the same vulnerable-to-awesome-personal-aura quartz crystal time-keeping technology.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:So... Anyways...

The people that can't wear watches obviously can't use mobile phones that use the same vulnerable-to-awesome-personal-aura quartz crystal time-keeping technology.

So it seems, infact we should probably keep them off airliners as well, it surprises me they haven't brought down more already.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Dimebag wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:So... Anyways...

So it seems, infact we should probably keep them off airliners as well, it surprises me they haven't brought down more already.

That is why I stay off airliners!*

*Except when I am flying
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 am

I rack up infrequent flyer points because of nail-clippers. A Hebrew fundamentalist terrorist toddler might sneak up while I'm snoozing and give me a nasty snip.

I also wear a cricket box when I absolutely must fly.

One can never be too careful.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Major Malfunction wrote: I also wear a cricket box when I absolutely must fly.

Err...umm....err....ummm......Yes, Cricket is a very safe game.... err....umm...errr..

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

Err...umm....err....ummm......Yes, Cricket is a very safe game.... err....umm...errr..

believe me Matthew, the cricket box is THE most important piece of protection in cricket, I found out the hard way during training years ago.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 am

Dimebag wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

believe me Matthew, the cricket box is THE most important piece of protection in cricket, I found out the hard way during training years ago.

Oi? Are you one of us? From the blessed people from the two great nations of ANZACs? (Well good to hear!)

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 am

I plugged in my dadz 1998 Compaq Presario on Sunday. It hadnt been turned on since around 2001. The date wuz correct and the minutes only 4 ahed. only had to ajust the owrz.

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Dimebag wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Oi? Are you one of us? From the blessed people from the two great nations of ANZACs? (Well good to hear!)

certainly am mate, a few days ago I was parading down our main street in my commodore ute with a huge Aussie flag and my kelpie dog in the back hanging on for dear life while blaring acca Dacca at full volume while chowing down a snag. Actually, that was some other dick, but I saw him. :mrgreen:

Pantsofdoom

Postby Pantsofdoom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 am

I have had a personal history of problems with electronics (not mechanical watches; wouldn't know as I have a kinetic watch that's still ticking 12 years on now) for three decades this topic fascinated me a bit. This is something that, over time, I've noted as happening to things I'm near to for extended periods of time. As an example, my hard drives fail (catastrophically; no hope dead; kaput) in 1.5 to 2 years. I'm on hard drive 7 since the year 2,000. I'm not buying Maxtor's, I did buy one IBM DeskStar (known crap), and buy good drives generally. Statistically, with 500,000 hour MTBF (mean-time-between-failure) drives, and not being a heavy computer user, this is a very alarming failure rate. My computers tend to be on the floor and near my legs relatively speaking.

I have restless leg syndrome, which frequently expresses itself as an uncontrollable need to twitch my leg as if electrical charge in the muscle / nerves is building up. It definitely seems electrical in nature, though it tends to happen if I'm seated or lying down for extended periods and not moving my legs, such as watching a movie in the theater. At my computer though I do get up relatively frequently so never experience rls there. The question I'd have here is whether my nervous system is broken in some fashion, especially in the right leg, and electrically speaking and over a long enough period of time (one year or more) this can actually degrade some types of electronics (magnetic ones in particular, or with highly sensitive parts such as a hard drives arms and heads?) to the point of failure.

No, I'm not trying to be special. There is no joy in losing your entire hard drive, everything on it you forgot to backup, and reinstall everything on a new hard drive once every other year. Discuss :)

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Postby Dimebag » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi pantsofdoom,

after doing some brief research Into rls, I have learned that it is thought to arise due to arise due to levels of dopamine in the brain, a neurotransmitter. It seems like you are saying you think your rls may be caused by some kind of electrical buildup resulting in magnetic discharge. This would be highly unlikely, it's more likely that your mobile phone would interferre with your computer than any em field produced by your body.

Pantsofdoom

Postby Pantsofdoom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Dopamine is one treatment out there, but the root causes aren't known as yet. It's idiopathic in nature. But, regardless of where one may attempt to treat it, such as they brain, the thought I was having concerns the signals being sent to the leg (in my case) and what happens in the reverse when I move my leg and a signal goes up to my brain that stops the sensation. Just a theory, but unfortunately RLS is still not well understood or studied. I wish it was, it sucks :( fyi, how my RLS expresses itself seems related to peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage), and since the feeling is of "building up of electrical energy to a point of intolerable levels" I was curious if there is actually a lot of extra neural activity going on in my legs. Again, who knows really eh :)

Have only had a mobile phone since 2005 and it stays out of pocket and on hall table when I'm at the PC. Same issue has happened with my computers in the 80's, music keyboards, etc. Basically anything I'm near for long periods of time. Again, just throwing this RLS theory out there as "what if", but it's unlikely to be provable or disprovable.

numan
BANNED

Postby numan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:57 pm

'
numan wrote:I detest wearing watches, rings or any other such paraphenalia. I also strongly disapprove of tattooing and body-piercing.

Evolution has provided us with a marvelous instrument: our bodies. The thought of ignorantly tampering with it brings out my most Chinese reaction: it is an offense against our ancestors.

Unlike the Chinese, I also disapprove of wearing clothes, except for practical purposes. I certainly would not wear them except for the vile oppression of our rulers who would incarcerate me if I went against their dictatorship.

Once when I was in China, a female English exchange student was talking to a Chinese woman student. The Anglo asked her if she would like to wear earrings.

The Chinese woman sniffed and gave a little shake of her head. "I'm not an aborigine," she replied.

Diseal

Postby Diseal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:35 pm

My problem with wrist watches, mechanical, digital, and battery operated mechanical watches, began shortly after my 3rd or 4th MRI, magnetic resonance imaging. During a standard test, patients are subjected to to magnetic fields around 25,000 times the force of the earth's magnetic field for 30-45 eminents at a time ,(for open MRI's at 1.0 Tesla). So it is possible for the iron in the patients blood to become polarized with the magnet from the MRI, just like the same as running a nail across a magnet several times. This polarization never fades due to the newly arriving iron being polarized by the older surrounding iron containing red blood cells. So thus the magnetic "play" within a person's body can cause harmeful effects on watches batteries, and LCD displays, and the gears sticking together by their newly gathered magnetism. This is why having the watch loosely hanging or tightly fixed, or even a pocket watch will have the same effects.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:58 am

I dont dispute your experience with watchez, but I'm 100% certain it's not due to your blood being magnetized.

1. the amount uv iron in your entire body iz miniscule. I think its only 1 atom per hemoglobin!

2. its impossible for magnetized iron molecules to stay oriented with the hemeglobin swirling willy nilly thruout your circulatory system. Thus, even if all of it was magnetized, they woudnt be contributing to any overall polarity.

3. it takes sum serious magnetic intensity to affect any watch. Plain iron duznt make particularly impressive magnets.

Even if the MRI altered you in sum way that affects watchez, the magnetized iron explanation just duznt work.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:31 am

You should always remove your watch before having an MRI.
#ANDAMOVIE

Diseal

Postby Diseal » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:55 pm

[quote="JO 753"]I dont dispute your experience with watchez, but I'm 100% certain it's not due to your blood being magnetized.

1. the amount uv iron in your entire body iz miniscule. I think its only 1 atom per hemoglobin!

2. its impossible for magnetized iron molecules to stay oriented with the hemeglobin swirling willy nilly thruout your circulatory system. Thus, even if all of it was magnetized, they woudnt be contributing to any overall polarity.

Your right there is only one Iron atom per hemoglobin, how ever every erythrocyte, Red blood cell, contains exactly 250,000 molecules of hemoglobin, and the entire erythrocyte count for 90% of the whole blood mass with the human body. there is also a lot of iron within bones, and bone marrow, in the form of IONS, so there is enough iron with in the blood alone, but cuppled with the rest of the bone and bones, and bone marrow they can produce as field that will, and dose set mettle detectors. I have lots of trouble when I travel because of it.

No I did not whear my watches in the MRI machines, that would have not only been bad for the test, but also due to the strong fields and the pulseing of HIRFs and the and pulsing of the radiation tubes as they exposed the sensors, all of these would cause enough friction to turn any steel, red hot. For some MRI test a patents can only have a hospital robe on, but those are the full body 2.5 Tesla style MRIs.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:39 pm

An average man (170 poundz) haz about 1.02 poundz uv iron in him, .006%. More than I thought, but still, for the reazonz I listed, not going to affect any watch.

You can do an experiment rite now that will prove this.

Put a watch on the speaker uv your cell fone. It will hav no effect, yet the neodymium/iron/boron magnet in there iz probably thouzandz uv timez more intensely magnetic than an equal size plain iron magnet can be at its best. So, even if the MRI sumhow cauzed a knot uv iron to form in the skin rite under where you wear your watch, it still woudnt affect it.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”