The People Who Can't Wear Watches

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:54 am

Poodle wrote:No, it isn't. This is where you're going wrong, Zonker. The difference in magnitude between a magnet and the electromagnetic field of a human body is like comparing a meteorite to Jupiter. The onus is on you - you have an interesting proposition but you must back that up with realistic physics.
Fair enough. We have some interesting relevant science, but the missing link is an official study of the human EM field stopping the watch, or causing it to run backwards, or whatever. Someone will have to do that study, and publish it.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:02 am

Absolutely correct, Someone should, indeed, do the study before definitive claims are made. Who?

EDIT: I should make myself clear here. Why would I possibly want to spend public money on a research project aimed at discovering whether or not some people may be the proud possessors of magnetic fields strong enough to affect the accuracy of a wristwatch? It's not going to happen. Now, if you could tell me that such electromagnetic fields could affect - well - computers, for instance, or even shellfish - anything important, really, then you may have a case for public spending. If you can't do that, then you're pissing into the wind, so to speak.

Do you have anything which might make me change that opinion?
Last edited by Poodle on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The People Who Can't Hear Watches

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:04 am

Don't be so harsh on him, Poodle, or he'll feel like he's walking on hot coals. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:15 am

Harsh? Moi?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:19 am

Poodle wrote:Harsh? Moi?

Of course - not. He just seems to be the sensitive kind, feeling treated harshly when asked for evidence. :this:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 am

As always, eggs, you are the soul of charity. Please accept my apologies, Zonker.

And then tell me why a wayward wristwatch is of world-shattering importance.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 am

I bet the people that can't wear watches aren't in the same Venn diagram circle that can't use iProducts.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:00 am

Just as an aside, I lived for several years with a crazy house mate who worked in an aluminium smelter. He took all kinds of crazy jobs. Abseiling down industrial chimneys in a chemical suit to give them a scrub was another.

He said there was a place in the smelter where the power came in through a couple foot-diametre "cables". Bus bars. And the guys showed him where you could just hang a six-foot crowbar in the air. Horizontally.

I know he was crazy, but I know he wasn't smart enough to make this {!#%@} up. That was a node.

Stories about how my crappy watch doesn't work don't garner much of my attention, in comparison. It needs to be at least industrial strength to carry any weight around here.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Gord » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 am

Zonker wrote:
Gord wrote:It's entirely woo-woo, there's nothing else to it.

It IS woo-woo? You believe in woo-woo? I believe in science.

1. Yes.
2. I believe it exists, yes.
3. I don't believe you.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Gord » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 am

Zonker wrote:It's interesting that when someone joins the discussion who can actually offer a plausible explanation for the phenomenon, suddenly people get hostile and start demanding evidence, resort to ad hominem attacks, and have a hard time dealing with it.

Who has offered a plausible explanation for the "phenomenon"? :befuddled:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

djembeweaver
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby djembeweaver » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Poodle wrote:Absolutely correct, Someone should, indeed, do the study before definitive claims are made. Who?

EDIT: I should make myself clear here. Why would I possibly want to spend public money on a research project aimed at discovering whether or not some people may be the proud possessors of magnetic fields strong enough to affect the accuracy of a wristwatch? It's not going to happen. Now, if you could tell me that such electromagnetic fields could affect - well - computers, for instance, or even shellfish - anything important, really, then you may have a case for public spending. If you can't do that, then you're pissing into the wind, so to speak.

Do you have anything which might make me change that opinion?


Actually several studies were done with Qi Gong masters in the 90's that found unusually strong magnetic fields in some participants:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1767800

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1353653

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9051169

However, as far as I can tell they have never been replicated and no further lines research, new theories or biological mechanisms developed from this research. I would conclude, therefore, that these results were due to faulty equipment, measurement or some other source of error, otherwise it would have been a major discovery.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Sounds like they're in dire need for an energy healer. :-P
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Poodle wrote:No, it isn't. This is where you're going wrong, Zonker. The difference in magnitude between a magnet and the electromagnetic field of a human body is like comparing a meteorite to Jupiter. The onus is on you - you have an interesting proposition but you must back that up with realistic physics.
True, I think a magnet actually is overkill for the small, delicate parts of a watch. The average person's magnetism is not enough. An exceptional person's magnetism seems to be enough, we could postulate, from the evidence some of us posting on this thread have seen. So one thing that could be tested is how weak a magnet it takes to stop the watch. And compare that to the magnetism of people who can't wear watches.

Studying something like this, for people who have the right instruments, wouldn't take much time. It wouldn't have to be a big deal. It's only a big deal because some people make it one, by classifying this as woo-woo. FWIW, no one I know who has this watch "issue" thinks it's paranormal. I think the topic has been misclassified on this forum. Just because no one's bothered to test it doesn't mean there's not a rational, scientific explanation. It's a scientific discovery waiting to happen. The scientific community already knows that the human body is electrical in nature, and has an EM field. That's old news. The range of the strength of that field is also known (see your local science exploratorium, measure your own output). What remains to be determined is how much (or how little) magnetic pull it takes to stop a watch.

Someone asked whom I talked to at Los Alamos. The conversation was about 10 years ago, I don't remember. I live near there. The engineers and physicists that work there live in the nearby communities. Some go to the gym I worked at back then. One teaches meditation techniques at one of the Buddhist centers in my town. These guys are around, and they're accessible. It's easy to walk up to a scientist if they cross your path socially or wherever, and pick his brain on some of these questions. Sorry I didn't take notes for a future internet convo I didn't anticipate. :roll: But any of you could research the EM qualities of the human body (and life on Earth), check out some textbooks or attend a couple of relevant science lectures, and learn something. This isn't secret information. It's taught in certain science classes, some if it is taught in medical or nursing school; it's basic info about how our world works that should be included in high school curricula, IMO.

Isn't it contradictory to demand a link to a study, and then say that doing such a study would be a waste of time and money? Of course it would be a waste of time and money for some gov't lab to do that, but if there's a demand for "proof", as you skeptics have demonstrated there is, someone should do the testing to meet that demand. It could be a private lab or a non-profit. Saying it's a waste of money isn't here nor there.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Zonker wrote:Isn't it contradictory to demand a link to a study, and then say that doing such a study would be a waste of time and money?

The demand for a link to a study is to get the initiator to ground themselves in reality rather than their own (anecdotal) experience. Concluding that such a study would be a waste of time and money is made by those who have looked at the links.

What can be studied has no limit. Everything can or could be studied. The time, money, resources, and interest in studying is limited.

Judgements must be, and are, made. Your interest: doesn't make the list. Imagine that: you aren't the center of the universe. Cue the Music: "..♫....You are a fluke of the Universe........." I love the next line.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Zonker wrote:Isn't it contradictory to demand a link to a study, and then say that doing such a study would be a waste of time and money?
No. The demand for a link to the repost was to express how ridiculous the concept was. Stating that an experiment including watches, would be a waste of time, is simply sensible, considering that systematic scientific experimentation is performed, concerning controlling artificial limbs.

Have you looked heavily into the data from this field of research?
thought_controlled_permanent_prosthetic_arm-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:47 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Zonker wrote:Isn't it contradictory to demand a link to a study, and then say that doing such a study would be a waste of time and money?

The demand for a link to a study is to get the initiator to ground themselves in reality rather than their own (anecdotal) experience. Concluding that such a study would be a waste of time and money is made by those who have looked at the links.

What can be studied has no limit. Everything can or could be studied. The time, money, resources, and interest in studying is limited.

Judgements must be, and are, made. Your interest: doesn't make the list. Imagine that: you aren't the center of the universe. Cue the Music: "..♫....You are a fluke of the Universe........." I love the next line.
But it's you skeptics here who are demanding the study. Those of us who experience this watch problem don't need a study to prove it happens. We know it happens, and after several trips to watch repair shops and being told the watches are fine, most people arrive at the conclusion that it's something about their body magnetism that's doing it. That a study be done isn't our interest, it's yours, as you lot have emphatically stated on this thread.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Zonker wrote: But it's you skeptics here who are demanding the study.
No. We are waiting for you to present evidence that anyone has observed a mechanical watch stop due to human electromagnetic wave emissions. There is no point presenting us with a hypothesis for something that no one has actually observed. That would be bad science.

Zonker wrote: Those of us who experience this watch problem don't need a study to prove it happens.
Those of you who see unicorns, pixies, aliens landing in your backyard and so on are most welcome to believe what ever you want at home. The moment you post that claim on a Skeptic Forum, you need to follow the scientific method if you want your claim to be taken seriously by skeptics. You came to us. we didn't go to you.
images (6).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:04 am

Whoah - you skipped a bit there, Zonker. That watches stop working is one thing. You say that you know this to be a fact, and I know it to be a fact too. Then you zip over to "most people arrive at the conclusion that it's something about their body magnetism that's doing it", and there's the problem, right there. Why not solar flares, the changing population of mosquitos, or last week's football results?

It's not in my interests at all to do research into whether or not the human electromagnetic field can stop a watch. To be frank, why would I care? But you care - so it's in YOUR interest to get the study done. When it's done I'll be as interested as you in the results but, in all honesty, there are more pressing problems which need to be addressed.

Here's one - when you go out and, too late, remember that you haven't charged your mobile phone, how come it ALWAYS gives out 10 seconds into the very next call?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:50 am

Zonker wrote:Someone asked whom I talked to at Los Alamos. The conversation was about 10 years ago, I don't remember...

I expected as much.





(might be his dyslexia... :-P)
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:02 am

Poodle wrote:Whoah - you skipped a bit there, Zonker. That watches stop working is one thing. You say that you know this to be a fact, and I know it to be a fact too. Then you zip over to "most people arrive at the conclusion that it's something about their body magnetism that's doing it", and there's the problem, right there. Why not solar flares, the changing population of mosquitos, or last week's football results?

It's not in my interests at all to do research into whether or not the human electromagnetic field can stop a watch. To be frank, why would I care? But you care - so it's in YOUR interest to get the study done. When it's done I'll be as interested as you in the results but, in all honesty, there are more pressing problems which need to be addressed.

Here's one - when you go out and, too late, remember that you haven't charged your mobile phone, how come it ALWAYS gives out 10 seconds into the very next call?
Because that magnetism stops watches is a known fact, easily testable. Solar flares, mosquitos and football results don't. People who've repeatedly had to deal with this phenomenon eventually reach the logical conclusion, after being told their watch, or watches (if they're tried several) are in perfect working order, in my experience. Maybe you and your acquaintances who experience this problem believe it's solar flares, or microscopic gnomes living in the watch, who want to mess with people's minds, or it's poltergeist activity. Maybe that's why the topic is in the "paranormal" subforum--because you think it's solar flares, gnomes or ghosts...?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Zonker wrote:Someone asked whom I talked to at Los Alamos. The conversation was about 10 years ago, I don't remember...

I expected as much.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0Y39eMvpI

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 am

Zonker wrote:...that magnetism stops watches is a known fact, easily testable....

So what were the results of your tests? Or do you rely purely on anecdotes?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:09 am

Gord wrote:
Zonker wrote:...that magnetism stops watches is a known fact, easily testable....

So what were the results of your tests? Or do you rely purely on anecdotes?
You're telling me you're not capable of holding a magnet to a watch? How many tests do you think that takes? lol

Zonker
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Zonker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:14 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Zonker wrote:Someone asked whom I talked to at Los Alamos. The conversation was about 10 years ago, I don't remember...

I expected as much.
Oooh, very incisive! Good one! (sarcasm emoticon) You post as though you think it takes some special expert, an Oppenheimer, an Einstein, to talk about the EM aspects of life. Any physicist can talk about it, anyone who's taken an anatomy & physiology class can talk about other aspects of it. This isn't such rarified info.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 am

Zonker wrote: You're telling me you're not capable of holding a magnet to a watch? How many tests do you think that takes? lol
Humans are not hand held magnets.

Are we correct to conclude, that you can't provide one example, of human electromagnetic wave emissions stopping a watch?

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:17 am

Zonker wrote:
Gord wrote:
Zonker wrote:...that magnetism stops watches is a known fact, easily testable....

So what were the results of your tests? Or do you rely purely on anecdotes?
You're telling me you're not capable of holding a magnet to a watch? How many tests do you think that takes? lol

I have, and nothing happened.

Look, I'm doing it right now. Okay, you can't look, but I can; I'll describe it to you:

I'm holding a fridge magnet to my watch. The seconds are going by. 7:21:47. 7:21:58. 7:22:07. The thing just keeps on ticking.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Gord
Real Skeptic
Posts: 29477
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Gord » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:19 am

Zonker wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Zonker wrote:Someone asked whom I talked to at Los Alamos. The conversation was about 10 years ago, I don't remember...

I expected as much.
Oooh, very incisive! Good one! (sarcasm emoticon) You post as though you think it takes some special expert, an Oppenheimer, an Einstein, to talk about the EM aspects of life. Any physicist can talk about it, anyone who's taken an anatomy & physiology class can talk about other aspects of it. This isn't such rarified info.

Anyone can talk out of their ass, too. Jim Carrey proved that.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:19 am

Zonker wrote:
Poodle wrote:Whoah - you skipped a bit there, Zonker. That watches stop working is one thing. You say that you know this to be a fact, and I know it to be a fact too. Then you zip over to "most people arrive at the conclusion that it's something about their body magnetism that's doing it", and there's the problem, right there. Why not solar flares, the changing population of mosquitos, or last week's football results?

It's not in my interests at all to do research into whether or not the human electromagnetic field can stop a watch. To be frank, why would I care? But you care - so it's in YOUR interest to get the study done. When it's done I'll be as interested as you in the results but, in all honesty, there are more pressing problems which need to be addressed.

Here's one - when you go out and, too late, remember that you haven't charged your mobile phone, how come it ALWAYS gives out 10 seconds into the very next call?
Because that magnetism stops watches is a known fact, easily testable. Solar flares, mosquitos and football results don't. People who've repeatedly had to deal with this phenomenon eventually reach the logical conclusion, after being told their watch, or watches (if they're tried several) are in perfect working order, in my experience. Maybe you and your acquaintances who experience this problem believe it's solar flares, or microscopic gnomes living in the watch, who want to mess with people's minds, or it's poltergeist activity. Maybe that's why the topic is in the "paranormal" subforum--because you think it's solar flares, gnomes or ghosts...?


No, no, no, Zonker, Can't you see what you're doing? Why should I not believe it's solar flares just as strongly (and with as much evidence) as your electromagnetism argument? Microscopic gnomes sound good too, if you have evidence of them. See? Evidence. It's the key to all things.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 pm

The kind of magnetic field animals produce is weak as piss compared to the Earth's magnetic field, which is also weak as piss.

You can easily measure the Earth's weak as piss magnetic field with a device as simple as a compass. If a person had a magnetic field strong enough to disrupt the operation of a watch, all the compasses within tens of metres would point at them, and anything made of iron that wasn't securely fastened would fly at them and stick.

You've been reading too many X-Men comics, Zonker. And your handle gives it away. You're a purposeful troll. A zonker is an idiot.

I'll never understand why a seemingly intelligent person would resort to trolling for the lulz. It just seems like a waste of a mind to me.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Well....can't we all be reasonable? Its obvious that as hooman magnetic fields (HMF) do stop watches, but compi are unaffected, then the HMF operates on a different frequency, or as science is coming to understand: a different dimensional brane. The REAL MYSTERY is why HMF and watches are on the same brane?

No need for Unicorns here, we are all men of science.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 am

Which neatly brings up a salient point - why do unicorns not wear watches?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:53 am

Thats a great straight line:

1. Have you ever fully inspected a Unicorn?
2. Have you ever looked under a Unicorns tail?
3. Unicorns are time itself.
4. Unicorns can't balance on the brane.

Mindless BS like that.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:10 am

No, no, no. It's because they have huge EMFs.

EMFor Magic.

The logic is inescapable.

(EMF = Equine Monocerous Force)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am

Ahhhhh.....its all right there! All I had to do was..............just look.

Your guidance and EMF is always appreciated.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:21 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Ahhhhh.....its all right there! All I had to do was..............just look.


You also had to have done the amount of home-made wine testing I've done tonight. Life is so hard!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 11138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:30 am

Great Hobby. I made a few buckets, but it was only "ok" so I returned to sangiovese. Moved on to my own liqueurs and cheese. I'd like to destill my own grain alcohol for the liqueurs, but my buddy said it would stink up the neighborhood. No room in the freezer for cold distilling.

..........keeps me off the streets.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:39 am

Had an uncle that distilled his own whiskey. I had a cautious sip. It smelt and tasted exactly like acetone. I wouldn't touch it. He drank the whole 1L bottle. He's still alive, somehow.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:45 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Great Hobby. I made a few buckets, but it was only "ok" so I returned to sangiovese.


Try harder. It's taken me a few years, but I reckon I can beat supermarket plonk hands down. Home distillation only stinks if you're doing it wrong (unless you're distilling on a near-industrial scale).

Put it this way - a bottle of reasonable wine (even though I may have produced a couple of bummers in the meantime) costs me pennies. I chortle when I discover I've made a cracker, which now happens at reasonably regular intervals. Chortle, chortle, I go. It does, though, make it more difficult to respond to posts on here in anything like a meaningful way. Well - chortle, chortle, I go.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26776
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Advertisement from our Sponsors

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:20 am

Poodle wrote: I reckon I can beat supermarket plonk hands down.
Poodelwine.jpg
Here at Poodle Vineyards, we use only the most beautiful virginal English peasant girls, to foot press down and release the delicate flavour of our wines.

You too, after one sip, will say "This tastes like something made by a poodle".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 19810
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:47 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
.

Lard, save me from your followers.


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests