The People Who Can't Wear Watches

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12193
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby kennyc » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 am

Skeptic2013 wrote:I know that this thread is older but I just started to look up as to why when I wore a wrist watch did it stop. First I need to explain that this happened to me a long time ago and I haven't tested it out for a while because I think I would be disappointed if it didn't work any more. LOL! Anyways, first off, the type of watch that would not work for me was one that was a wind-up watch and the back of it had to touch my skin. I was given a wind-up watch that had a felt-backing and I did not experience any issues. When I wore a watch that touched my skin (and I wore/tried many different makes) all of the watches stopped within 1 hour of putting them on. I would take them off and put aside only to have them start up by themselves within a few minutes. Also the strangest of all things was when I sat next to my mom's grandfather clock. I would sit right next to it and within about 10 minutes you would notice the pendulum start to slow down. Pendulums sway from side to side, right? Well eventually the pendulum would slow its side to side swaying to a complete stop, THEN, start to sway front to back. I use to get in so much trouble because she thought that I was going to break the clock. I am not able to see if I can still make it do that but I have been willed the clock. One day I will try again. LOL! If anyone can explain why this happened to me I would be very grateful. :P


I don't believe it.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12193
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby kennyc » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

Gord wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:I was thinking halitosis earlier, so you guys agree?

No, but have a tic-tac anyway. :P


How about a squirrel?

Image
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1221
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Skeptic2013 wrote:I know that this thread is older but ... LOL! If anyone can explain why this happened to me I would be very grateful. :P


I think the explanation is that you dreamed it, misremembered it, or simply made it up.

Admittedly, I could be wrong. I believe this is a claim that qualifies for the Million Dollar Challenge, though.
That's a lot of cash. So if I'm wrong, you should find a way to go for it.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12298
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby JO 753 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:20 pm

I learned many yarinz ago that just kuz I dont hav a reazonable explanation for sumthing duznt mean its not true. Skeptisizm haz to be balanst with an assessment uv the credibilty uv the peepl making weird claimz. You cant just dismiss them all az stupid, krazy, or lying.

User avatar
Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1221
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 pm

JO 753 wrote:I learned many yarinz ago that just kuz I dont hav a reazonable explanation for sumthing duznt mean its not true. Skeptisizm haz to be balanst with an assessment uv the credibilty uv the peepl making weird claimz. You cant just dismiss them all az stupid, krazy, or lying.


If you're referring to me, I didn't dismiss anything. I was asked to give an explanation and I gave what I thought was the most logical and probable. I even added a disclaimer and a recommendation.

There could be other, less likely explainations that have nothing to do with paranormal events or abilities. Maybe Skeptic2013 just bought really, really cheap watches. Maybe Skeptic2013 didn't know you had to wind the watches and that the motion associated with putting the watches on caused it to tick for a few moments. That coupled with Skeptic2013 happening to sit by grandfather clocks just as they happened to wind down completely. Or maybe that big lump is a neodymium magnet in his pocket. :)

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Daedalus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 pm

JO 753 wrote:I learned many yarinz ago that just kuz I dont hav a reazonable explanation for sumthing duznt mean its not true. Skeptisizm haz to be balanst with an assessment uv the credibilty uv the peepl making weird claimz. You cant just dismiss them all az stupid, krazy, or lying.


You can unless they provide evidence.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12298
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby JO 753 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:41 am

Not you spesifikly, Rob. All automatic skeptisizm.

I wuz experimenting with DC electric motorz and thot I had figured out everything I needed to know to make them az powerful az possible. A frend who used to race slot carz told me that advansing the commutator angle woud make a motor run faster. I dismissed that az nonsense since it didnt fit my conclusionz.

Later I learned that I wuz a dumass kuz the magnetic field warps wen the motor runz. Mike had real world experience and I told him he wuz rong. :oops:

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 11405
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:49 am

I have seen videos of metronomes becoming synchronised, so there is potential, depending on the frequency of the pendulum, and say if he were leaning against the clock, for the pendulum to become synchronised with his heartbeat.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Skeptic2013
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Skeptic2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 am

@Rob Lister. I did not dreamed it, misremembered it, or simply make it up. I TESTED the phenomenon on many, many occasions with many different watches. And one watch happened to be very expensive as it was a gift for my sweet sixteen birthday. I am not a moron. I know how gadgets and electronics work and how to use them. I read instructions. I AM a female. And when it comes to the grandfather clock, again I experimented many times. It also went back to its normal rhythm after I left it's side. I don't have a big lump that is a neodymium magnet in my pocket. Smart a$$! I asked for an explanation. I did not see one. Thanks for nothing.

TheUltimateBlitz1
Regular Poster
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: the 4th dimension

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby TheUltimateBlitz1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:32 am

Skeptic2013 wrote:@Rob Lister. I did not dreamed it, misremembered it, or simply make it up. I TESTED the phenomenon on many, many occasions with many different watches. And one watch happened to be very expensive as it was a gift for my sweet sixteen birthday. I am not a moron. I know how gadgets and electronics work and how to use them. I read instructions. I AM a female. And when it comes to the grandfather clock, again I experimented many times. It also went back to its normal rhythm after I left it's side. I don't have a big lump that is a neodymium magnet in my pocket. Smart a$$! I asked for an explanation. I did not see one. Thanks for nothing.


1. memory is pretty bad no matter who you are.
2. We were just trying to give possible reasons for the phenomena.
3. We will have to see if this experiment can be done by other people and is repeatable.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Daedalus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 am

TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:
Skeptic2013 wrote:@Rob Lister. I did not dreamed it, misremembered it, or simply make it up. I TESTED the phenomenon on many, many occasions with many different watches. And one watch happened to be very expensive as it was a gift for my sweet sixteen birthday. I am not a moron. I know how gadgets and electronics work and how to use them. I read instructions. I AM a female. And when it comes to the grandfather clock, again I experimented many times. It also went back to its normal rhythm after I left it's side. I don't have a big lump that is a neodymium magnet in my pocket. Smart a$$! I asked for an explanation. I did not see one. Thanks for nothing.


1. memory is pretty bad no matter who you are.
2. We were just trying to give possible reasons for the phenomena.
3. We will have to see if this experiment can be done by other people and is repeatable.


^This.

Make a video, go to JREF and try for the million dollars... pretty much do anything other than make a claim without offering evidence.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

TheUltimateBlitz1
Regular Poster
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Location: the 4th dimension

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby TheUltimateBlitz1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:35 am

Daedalus wrote:
TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:
Skeptic2013 wrote:@Rob Lister. I did not dreamed it, misremembered it, or simply make it up. I TESTED the phenomenon on many, many occasions with many different watches. And one watch happened to be very expensive as it was a gift for my sweet sixteen birthday. I am not a moron. I know how gadgets and electronics work and how to use them. I read instructions. I AM a female. And when it comes to the grandfather clock, again I experimented many times. It also went back to its normal rhythm after I left it's side. I don't have a big lump that is a neodymium magnet in my pocket. Smart a$$! I asked for an explanation. I did not see one. Thanks for nothing.


1. memory is pretty bad no matter who you are.
2. We were just trying to give possible reasons for the phenomena.
3. We will have to see if this experiment can be done by other people and is repeatable.


^This.

Make a video, go to JREF and try for the million dollars... pretty much do anything other than make a claim without offering evidence.


Too bad TAM ended they could have done it live there.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5392
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Daedalus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 am

@TUB: Yeah, that would be nice.

@Skeptic2013: I wonder, maybe you stared at these clocks, or the second hands on watches? Did you glance away, and then back often? There is an interesting neurological effect that makes us "catch up" a bit every time we perform a saccade (coordinated movement of the eyes) which is well tested by glancing at the second-hand of a clock. A pendulum would fit the bill as well, and it seems to be slowest when we first glance at it.

Another possibility is that you essentially hypnotized yourself staring at a pendulum, or a second-hand, and altered your perception of the passage of time.

If you want to claim that you ACTUALLY slow the mechanical function of a clock, then you're claiming that you basically exert some kind of magical power. That is a HUUUUUGE claim, and the most sensible reaction is to ask for evidence. In the absence of evidence, the most likely reality is that you're mistaken, you're lying, or you're mentally ill. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just the reality of any such claim.

If I claimed to have a pink unicorn next to me as I typed this, you would have to assume that I'm either lying, on drugs, or crazy. UNLESS... I can invite you over to see the unicorn, right?

Well... half of the posts here have been telling to you offer evidence to a reliable source (James Randi for example), but so far you've ignored that. You haven't even offered a video of this effect, much as I have to admit that it would not be proof in and of itself. A paragraph online making a magical claim just isn't going to be taken seriously.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

pasupatidasi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby pasupatidasi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 pm

i am a person who can't wear most watches.
the ones i can wear are the old-fashion wind-up types...which are hard to find by the way.
i have been hit by lightning once...but couldn't keep a watch going long before then.
i have had an nde...but again, it didn't happen until later in life, and i had already been unable to wear most watches and keep them going.
i had better luck with pocket watches. but unless they were the purely mechanical type they too would eventually quit working.
i had hoped someone in this forum could help...but many seem just to judge the anecdotal evidence as evidence of tin-hat nuttiness.
one person i met while at university told me that some people had higher than usual acetone levels which alters their electrical fields...altho marginally at best. he thought that because of my inability also to wear most metals, even gold and surgical steel, this chemistry might be behind the whole watch quitting thing.
my dad also couldn't keep a watch going unless it were the old-timey wind-ups...so maybe...just maybe.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 pm

What happens when you wear gold?

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 pm

people on this thread seem to be forgetting that humans run on electricity . anyone whose worked with a computer for several years would know that occasionally the voltage and amperage running through the wires can become higher than normal due to some faulty insulation . i suppose that your nerves arent insulated properly and the electricity from the nerves is short circuiting the watches.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:04 am

MarkgaB5 wrote:people on this thread seem to be forgetting that humans run on electricity . anyone whose worked with a computer for several years would know that occasionally the voltage and amperage running through the wires can become higher than normal due to some faulty insulation . i suppose that your nerves arent insulated properly and the electricity from the nerves is short circuiting the watches.


See, Norma? It was pointless.

As usual, Mark, you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about. Now, why don't you go back to bed? And when you're resting, ponder the fact that voltage runs nowhere.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:10 am

Poodle, i think you need to research how nerves work . a fluctuation in voltage creates a magnetic field . things CAN go wrong ... nerves are just like electrical wires and can have the same faults as the electrical wires in a computer , especially when the insulation (mylen sheath) has been damaged somehow .

some people just might generate a LOT of electricity / magnetic field

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 am

You've already been told this but chose to ignore it - nerves are NOT like electrical wires, unless you can show me an electrical wire with a synapse in it. Magnetic fields??? Hell, just a few moments ago, you were telling pasupatidasi that he was short-circuiting.

I was playing with wiggly amps before you were born.

When, do you predict, are your arguments going to lose the words "might" and "may"?

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 am

Everyones body is different. some people must generate more electricity / higher magnetic fields than others ..some people with this problem cant step close to street lights without them blowing up ... whats wrong with that theory? it sure seems to be electrical related .. and what do nerves run on? ELECTRICITY !

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 am

MarkgaB5 wrote:Everyones body is different. some people must generate more electricity / higher magnetic fields than others ..some people with this problem cant step close to street lights without them blowing up ... whats wrong with that theory? it sure seems to be electrical related .. and what do nerves run on? ELECTRICITY !


(My bold)

Here's the difference between you and the great majority of other people on this board - you compound BS with more BS. Either you really believe crap like the example you gave above (in which case you should do some serious homework) or you should get your arse off the board and go and troll somewhere else.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 am

ive researched how nerves work and i see no problem with the theory ... nerves are electric and generate their own magnetic fields . an error in insulation or other issue with the nerves would contribute to an increased electrical field generated .

why dont you tell me why this couldnt happen ? i see no issues with it and the op was asking for explanations after all. the most popular theory for why this happens is a problem with the nerves which causes more voltage to be in the body .
Last edited by MarkgaB5 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 12298
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND
Contact:

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby JO 753 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 am

Wunder if the cant wear a watch people hav truble with cell fonez. All cell fonez hav the time at least available and usually displayed.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:41 am

OK Mark. Explain to me how a short-circuited wire or nerve generates a magnetic field, please.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:42 am

a neuron without its mylen sheath would allow the current to dissipate closer to the skin and basically short circuit . like how you get shocked from a wire with the copper exposed .. there could also be an issue with the sodium /potassium channels allowing extra ions to get into the cell resulting in an increased voltage . with more voltage theres a stronger magnetic field .

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:43 am

Not what I asked ... try again ...

Explain to me how a short-circuited wire or nerve generates a magnetic field, please.

And please don't insult the world of physics by using concepts such as a dissipating current.
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 am

the voltage would seep out , because the insulation (the mylin sheath) helps keep the voltages inside the nerve .

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 am

I've already told you that voltage doesn't do things like that, Mark. It doesn't "run" and it doesn't "seep".

You're making a fool of yourself.

And it's "myelin" by the way.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 am

well something is going on and its most likely that these people just generate more voltage in their nerves . whats wrong with that?? are you going to deny that nerves run on electricity now? :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 am

MarkgaB5 wrote:well something is going on and its most likely that these people just generate more voltage in their nerves . whats wrong with that?? are you going to deny that nerves run on electricity now? :lol:


(My bold again)

Thank you for ceding the argument. Now tell me why you think it "most likely". Is it as a result of your exhaustive electrical knowledge? No, I think not. Is it your expertise in the field of human physiology? No - again, I think not. I really can't see where your "most likely" comes from, Mark, so would you provide a bit of evidence for your assertion, please?

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 am

so far you havent presented any evidence to counter the theory that electrical activity in nerves is responsible ;)
its common sense .. you blow out lamps? you cant wear a watch? sounds electrical related... and nerves do generate electricity......the op did word this in a sense that he wanted an explanation and so far i think this one seems the most valid as noone has presented any evidence or points against it.

heres my evidence :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11069/
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/whoami/ ... ulses.aspx
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/ ... rves.shtml
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/h ... ricity.htm
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/ ... w/1000402/
http://www.planet-science.com/categorie ... nerve.aspx
http://www.md-health.com/How-The-Nervou ... Works.html
http://www.bio.fsu.edu/easton/topic1.html

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 am

MarkgaB5 wrote:so far you havent presented any evidence to counter the theory that electrical activity in nerves is responsible ;)
its common sense .. you blow out lamps? you cant wear a watch? sounds electrical related... and nerves do generate electricity......the op did word this in a sense that he wanted an explanation and so far i think this one seems the most valid as noone has presented any evidence or points against it.


For the third time (plus the number of times other people have said the same thing) it is YOUR theory. therefore YOU provide evidence for it. You have signally failed to do so in any of your postings. You will continue to do so because your imaginary scientific points have been countered every time. If I told you that I had a theory that it was all to do with Pixie Power, what would you say, Mark? That it was possible and, because no one had provided evidence of the non-existence of Pixie Power, most likely?

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 am

Every single one of the bits of "evidence" you just quoted shows that your assertion that nerves and electrical wires are functionally identical is wrong. Did you not read them?

EDIT: And before you scream and have a dicky fit, look how many of them contain the word "synapse".
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:09 am

its common sense bud... occams razor..whatever the issue is its related to the body and the only thing that could blow out lamps and watches is an electrical feild..
hmm.. now what makes electricity in the body?

NERVES.

you have no evidence against that theory and that theory makes the most sense.
i included the links just in case you were going to try and deny that nerves work on electricity :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 am

:lol:

Oh, I'm enjoying this, no doubt much to Norma's chagrin (sorry Norma).

When you say "electrical field", Mark, do you really mean "electro-magnetic" field? You know, they sort of go hand in hand. Now, remember that watch that blew up? Or the street lamp that blew out? Either one of those object generates an electro-magnetic field many times stronger than the puny things which may occur transiently in any part of the human body. In a nutshell, it is much, much (by orders of magnitude) more likely that the human body would be disrupted by the fields from the watch and the streetlamp than the other way around.

Do you see people exploding in the streets. Mark? It's very likely, you know.

Or, to put it into a form you may be able to understand, how many times have you seen an ant push a human out of the way?
Last edited by Poodle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 am

aircraft electronics can be disrupted by mobile phone emissions. a watch is very sensitive . all bodies are different so i think youre ignorant of how nerves work or you slept through biology classes. theres actually a disease where ATPase doesnt work and sodium builds up inside the nerve cell and voltages build up.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26606
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 am

MarkgaB5 wrote:ive researched how nerves work and i see no problem with the theory ... nerves are electric and generate their own magnetic fields . an error in insulation or other issue with the nerves would contribute to an increased electrical field generated.
Human electrical signals are sent using sodium and potassium ions. You haven't done any research at all.

MarkgaB5
BANNED
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby MarkgaB5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 am

yes i have. theres a disease where ATPase, the protein that pumps out excess sodium ions, doesnt work .. this causes an influx of sodium ions to enter the cell with no way of getting rid of them easily , so voltage builds up because of a higher conc. of sodium ions http://www.lsuhsc.edu/news/LSUHSC%20RES ... OPATHY.htm

it's called; diabetic neuropathy. perhaps this goes undiagnosed in these people.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8186
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Poodle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 am

A watch is very sensitive? Bloody Hell, Mark, get a modern one!

The existing laws on mobile telephone use in aircraft in flight were precautionary. They are now in the process of being repealed all over the world. The US is being a tad conservative about it, but they'll tag along soon enough.

Oh - hello Matthew. Please feel free to take a bite. The fruit is very ripe at the moment.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26606
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: The People Who Can't Wear Watches

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 am

Poodle wrote: And it's "myelin" by the way.
My brother has Multiple Sclerosis. ( Myelin sheath degradation). His watch still worked. .

Do I have permission to kill MarkgaB5 aka Cobalt6?


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Archive.org [Crawler] and 1 guest