PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Re: Sea Serpents in San Francisco Bay!

Postby kennyc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:42 pm

JO 753 wrote:aaaa the good old daze.

DUDE!!!!!

I told you not to touch this thread! The whole forum will unravel!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

But Gear Grinder iz catching up!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 am

That which is dumb will never die and with strange eons even...

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:07 am

finle remembrd wer xats frum! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pnS_7YsYzM
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm

It's official!!!!

This thread is now over 9 years old.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Well spank it and hand out cigars.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 am

JO 753 wrote:finle remembrd wer xats frum! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pnS_7YsYzM

It's actually first mentioned in Lovecraft's short story, "The Nameless City."

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:31 am

I think I've probably red that. The entire Old Wunz thing frum several authorz. I believe 'the crawling kaos' referz to -_-_---__-___- Hmmm. Cant get it to type the name for sum reazon.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 am

kennyc wrote: DUDE!!!!!

I told you not to touch this thread! The whole forum will unravel!

NASA has just announced, that a couple of extremely distant galaxies have "winked out" .

It's the end I tells Ya!!!!!! It's Pandora's Seaserpent !!!.
cecilmad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:46 pm

JO 753 wrote:I think I've probably red that. The entire Old Wunz thing frum several authorz. I believe 'the crawling kaos' referz to -_-_---__-___- Hmmm. Cant get it to type the name for sum reazon.

Nyarlathotep

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Now youv dun it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 am

May the chaos slither its way up your spine and squelch away your sanity.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:49 am

You will end up like Professor Peabody!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

sfseaserpent
Frequent Poster

Postby sfseaserpent » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:43 pm

On August 16, 2015, we received an email from Chris Acosta in which he claims in 2009 he and 3 other people had a sighting of one of the animals while they were fishing in SF Bay.

Here's the email.

Hello! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your page and to discover all of the sightings that you and so many have witnessed in the bay. I'm even more excited because now I have a place to share my own sighting with you.
In 2009, my friend, his father and my wife went fishing in the bay during the halibut run. It was relatively calm out and the water was clear. We had four fish on a stringer alongside the boat and our eyes were glued to the surface of the water while we fished, on the lookout for opportunistic sea lions. When we decided to finally move to another location my friends' father went to grab the stringer of fish and I was on the opposite side of the boat, reeling in my line. Suddenly, my friends' dad (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) yells out in surprise and says to come look over the side of the boat. From my side I see something swimming right under us and away from me, descending as it went and I swear it looked like a giant snake. The girth of it was incredible; I'll modestly say, five feet around and it seemed to go on for an impossibly long time. I turned around and my buddy, Ron is also looking at the thing and then we looked at one another in shock. The creature was a dark brown color and I did not see scales or any other features, unfortunately. I was too preoccupied with the size and abnormality of it to process anything else.
After reading some of your reports I have to say that I'm very grateful that the thing had not come up out of the water as seen by some people. I can't imagine how scary that would be or how dangerous. What we saw was easily large enough to take a person. I'm not a marine biologist but I don't need to be to tell me that what I saw was not a whale or group of sea lions or anything known. It was so close and the water so clear that we had nothing to obscure our perception which would contribute to a misidentification.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I look forward to this mystery being solved in the near future!
-Chris

ps. I don't know the exact location of your fishing trip but we launched out of Berkeley marina if that helps.
"There cannot be the slightest doubt that you have had the chance sighting of an animal obviously unknown to science." ---Dr. Bernard Heuvelmans-- August 8, 1985

A skeptic is someone who sees the handwriting on the wall and claims it's a forgery.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 pm

No scales, why, it would have been an arm of the Kraken!

Long time no see. How's the correspondence with the Smithsonian coming along?

Lard, save me from your followers.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm

sfseaserpent wrote:On August 16, 2015, we received an email from Chris Acosta in which he claims in 2009 he and 3 other people had a sighting of one of the animals while they were fishing in SF Bay.

Here's the email.

Hello! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your page and to discover all of the sightings that you and so many have witnessed in the bay. I'm even more excited because now I have a place to share my own sighting with you.
In 2009, my friend, his father and my wife went fishing in the bay during the halibut run. It was relatively calm out and the water was clear. We had four fish on a stringer alongside the boat and our eyes were glued to the surface of the water while we fished, on the lookout for opportunistic sea lions. When we decided to finally move to another location my friends' father went to grab the stringer of fish and I was on the opposite side of the boat, reeling in my line. Suddenly, my friends' dad (I'm sorry I can't remember his name) yells out in surprise and says to come look over the side of the boat. From my side I see something swimming right under us and away from me, descending as it went and I swear it looked like a giant snake. The girth of it was incredible; I'll modestly say, five feet around and it seemed to go on for an impossibly long time. I turned around and my buddy, Ron is also looking at the thing and then we looked at one another in shock. The creature was a dark brown color and I did not see scales or any other features, unfortunately. I was too preoccupied with the size and abnormality of it to process anything else.
After reading some of your reports I have to say that I'm very grateful that the thing had not come up out of the water as seen by some people. I can't imagine how scary that would be or how dangerous. What we saw was easily large enough to take a person. I'm not a marine biologist but I don't need to be to tell me that what I saw was not a whale or group of sea lions or anything known. It was so close and the water so clear that we had nothing to obscure our perception which would contribute to a misidentification.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I look forward to this mystery being solved in the near future!
-Chris

ps. I don't know the exact location of your fishing trip but we launched out of Berkeley marina if that helps.

It's great you found a like-minded person.

However, his email is "fishy".

Specifically, he's happy it didn't come out of the water? Wouldn't it be far more interesting if he could see more details?

He "identified" the creature as dark brown, and having a girth of 5 feet. That's not actually much of an identification.

He saw a large creature big enough to take a person. Yet, he has no idea what the creature was. This "taking a person" part of the email seems silly.

Overall, I'm not impressed with the email. People see stuff they can't identify all the time. If you can't identify it, then you can't automatically say "it's a monster!"

The ubiquity of cell phones with cameras and video creating ability is relevant too. He said it went on for an impossibly long time and the water was clear. Easily enough time to get out a phone and photograph it. I don't know if they had a motorboat, but if they did, they should have chased the creature.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think that the story in the email sounds entirely fictional. I think the guy is just playing with you.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Monster wrote:...a girth of 5 feet....

It should be noted that such measurements are almost always overestimates.

πd = 5
d = 5/π
d = 1.59 feet

So a diameter of about 1½ feet. What lives in the ocean near San Fran, is brown, and is approximately 1½ feet wide?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Gord wrote:

πd = 5
d = 5/π
d = 1.59 feet

So a diameter of about 1½ feet. What lives in the ocean near San Fran, is brown, and is approximately 1½ feet wide?

Sea lions.

I was guessing that he meant that the visible portion of the creature as can be seen at the surface of the water was 5 feet wide.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Could have been one of these. Dapper shark.

ds.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:30 am

Monster wrote:
Gord wrote:

πd = 5
d = 5/π
d = 1.59 feet

Sea lions.

I was guessing that he meant that the visible portion of the creature as can be seen at the surface of the water was 5 feet wide.

But he said "girth" and "five feet around".

It's also quite possible that he doesn't know how to estimate girth. He might think something three feet across would have a girth of 5 feet, for instance.

And I should correct what I said earlier: "Such" measurements as girth are usually underestimates, not overestimates. It's estimates of width or length that are almost always overestimates. (I can't find the link to that information now, but I was reading about it online recently. :? Within the past two months, I think? Although that estimate may be off by quite a bit either way....)
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:59 am

I think it's a good idea that you had a look at possible measurements. The seaserpent brothers ask us to accept the "flock of birds" video footage as their best evidence, however the cylindrical body of the "sea serpent" bends at right-angles in that video. A five foot diameter "tube shaped animal" simply cannot do that. A flock of birds, in line formation can.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:A five foot diameter "tube shaped animal" simply cannot do that.

1½ foot diameter.
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 pm

What if it's a flatworm? :mrgreen:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 am

Maybe a sea serpent stepped on it?
#ANDAMOVIE

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:12 pm

sfseaserpent wrote:On August 16, 2015, we received an email from Chris Acosta in which he claims in 2009 he and 3 other people had a sighting of one of the animals while they were fishing in SF Bay.

Here's the email.

-Chris

Wow, an emailed anecdote with no physical evidence - that's convincing.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:47 pm

We could ask Chris for more info.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:14 pm

JO 753 wrote:We could ask Chris for more info.

He looks bizzy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWsE-xxip58

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Technocratic Prophet

Postby Zenskeptic » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:40 pm

I missed this conversation.

Donnageddon
Frequent Poster

Postby Donnageddon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Now heading into its 11th year.
My name is not Donna.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Look what the catfish dragged in! Good to see you back on board, not Donna! :-D

And: Hi, Zenskeptic. :wave:

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Zenskeptic wrote:I missed this conversation.

Now's your chance to peruse this scintillating conversation.

Zenskeptic
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Technocratic Prophet

Postby Zenskeptic » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:11 pm

There's allot of catching up to do

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Zenskeptic wrote:There's allot of catching up to do

It won't make any difference :D

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi! :wave:

Wow, what coincidence brought you two back on the same day? Did you both see a sea serpent??
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:46 am

Gotta wake up & get moving agen. The gir grinder topic iz caching up.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 am

Nooooooooooo!

The Kraken will wake.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Well, the zombie apocalypse fizzled, so a good Krakening mite be just wut the world needz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Donnageddon
Frequent Poster

Postby Donnageddon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Time to get Kraken!
My name is not Donna.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:05 pm

:wave: HI DONNAGEDDON!!
#ANDAMOVIE

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Nice to see you back, Donnageddon.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”