Kari Byron interview, and other unique pyramid power sources

Discussion of Junior Skeptic, part of SKEPTIC Magazine.
Daniel Loxton

Kari Byron interview, and other unique pyramid power sources

Postby Daniel Loxton » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:30 pm

We've just published several key resources for the topic of "pyramid power" at the Junior Skeptic wing of Skeptic.com. These are offered as "Further Reading" material relating to Junior Skeptic #23: Pyramid Power:

BROWSE pyramid power resources >

For general readers, the most interesting item may be a previously unpublished 2006 interview with MythBuster Kari Byron, in which she speaks about the MythBusters tests of pyramid power, and about her experiences as part of the cast.

READ the Kari Byron interview >

Researchers looking into this niche topic be interested in several items relating to the origin story for pyramid power, which are otherwise unavailable in the literature. According to the often-repeated canonical origin tale, a Frenchman named Antoine Bovis stumbled upon the secret sometime near the 1930s while standing inside the Great Pyramid in Egypt. Here, we present Bovis's own description of his "discovery" in both the original French (3.6 MB PDF scan of a 1930s booklet by Bovis) and in English translation — a description that falsifies the legendary yarn, and which was lost to history until now.

Also included are detailed sources and bibliography for Junior Skeptic #23, a key Danish source on the legendary Bovis story (translated into English), and an extensive unpublished interview with 1970s (pro-paranormal) pyramid power author Max Toth, in which he reminisces about the history (and business!) of the paranormal fad he helped to pioneer.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Kari Byron interview, and other unique pyramid power sources

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 am

I hate to admit it, but I turn to Junior Skeptic first when I get the magazine in the mail. :oops: It's just fun to read. I loved the von Daniken barbeque. :good:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Daniel Loxton

Postby Daniel Loxton » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:50 am

Gawdzilla wrote:I hate to admit it, but I turn to Junior Skeptic first when I get the magazine in the mail. :oops: It's just fun to read. I loved the von Daniken barbeque. :good:

No need to feel silly about that: a lot of Skeptic readers (perhaps even most) do exactly the same thing. I certainly did back in the day. That's why I was so excited to get the chance to take over the reins: it was already my favorite part of the magazine!

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:33 am

Daniel Loxton wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:I hate to admit it, but I turn to Junior Skeptic first when I get the magazine in the mail. :oops: It's just fun to read. I loved the von Daniken barbeque. :good:

No need to feel silly about that: a lot of Skeptic readers (perhaps even most) do exactly the same thing. I certainly did back in the day. That's why I was so excited to get the chance to take over the reins: it was already my favorite part of the magazine!

After I read the magazine it goes goes to the science teacher at the school where my sister-in-law teaches. So Junior Skeptic gets a lot of exposure. 8-)
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Return to “Junior Skeptic”