Big Pharma and the mighty dollar.

A skeptical look at medical practices
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Re: Big Pharma and the mighty dollar.

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 pm

LN==I could dither on each point. "Words"==>what ya gonna do? Unless any particular one is of interest to you, I'll compartmentalize and let them all go Except: Of course...making a better person is from the persons own contemplation about themselves. Too much concern (one angstrom above none at all) about what other people think usually does not provide that personal growth we always benefit from.

With space to spare: regarding atheists and blaspheming. I go to the scatological. I never made a choice to not Blaspheme...but as God doesn't exist.......................
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:LN==I could dither on each point.
I have no doubts about that. :wgrin:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:"Words"==>what ya gonna do? Unless any particular one is of interest to you, I'll compartmentalize and let them all go
All good. Stuff 'em in the cornucopia.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Except: Of course...making a better person is from the persons own contemplation about themselves. Too much concern (one angstrom above none at all) about what other people think usually does not provide that personal growth we always benefit from.
True. I don't anguish over it, but I do try to check my head every so often.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:With space to spare: regarding atheists and blaspheming. I go to the scatological. I never made a choice to not Blaspheme...but as God doesn't exist.......................
Good point. Most of my profanity centers around the versatile f-word, unless I'm feeling particularly creative. Then I might think of more imaginative places for Jesus Christ than on a cracker.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Phoenix76
Poster
Custom Title: Phoenix76

Postby Phoenix76 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:51 am

Apart from the debate between bobbo and LN, which lost me long ago, just a little bit of info about Big Pharma.

Pfizer, who make lots a pills apart from the little blue ones, have made billions of dollars out of just one product called Lipitor, which is a statin used for treatment of high cholesterol. Their website proudly announces that it has been prescribed to more than 29 million people. Not bad for one little white pill. And we wonder why Big Pharma supports all the so called experts feeding us BS.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 am

LN: I hardly curse at all. Subvocalize instead. but it might be fun to go old school with: "Oh deary me" and such. A touch of humor to lighten the day?

Phoenix: ha, ha. good example of being passive-aggressive. Be direct, be honest and learn from your mistakes. Or skip it. Big Food and Big Pharma. Lots of Big Forces out there emphasizing some point to their own benefit. Big Corn is endlessly fascinating as to how our society gets manipulated.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:14 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:LN: I hardly curse at all. Subvocalize instead. but it might be fun to go old school with: "Oh deary me" and such. A touch of humor to lighten the day?
I frequently go with, "Good grief!" My paternal grandmother's favorite was, "Judas priest!"
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Healthcare”