Bad Cat Food

A skeptical look at medical practices
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Bad Cat Food

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am

For several months my cats hav been rejecting the cat food. I get them Fansy Feast mostly and sum flavorz uv the cheaper normal size canz, also frum Purina.

Alot uv stuff haz sat on a plate all day, finally left on the porch for the possumz & racoonz.

Tonite I opened 2 canz uv Purina Friskies with Garden Greenz and put them on a plate on the porch to see how the possum who iz usually the 1st guy to show up liked it.

He didnt. He ignored it and munched on the Purina Dog Chow dry food thats 20$ for a 55 pound sack! Relatively awful stuff that iz usually the last thing they eat. And keep in mind that possumz will eat just about anything. They will eat their own poop if therez nothing else!

My oldest cat died yesterday (aNJE, 19) and now I'm wondering if there may be another melamine type situation going on, exept not melamine, rather sumthing animalz can smell.

I'm going to feed them real meat only from now on. The risk uv poizon iz too great, plus money wasted on 'food' that gets tossed out.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Re: Bad Cat Food

Postby TJrandom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am

Normally I would suggest that you try it yourself, but in this case maybe you should just flush it.

(The cat, of course... :twisted: )

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 pm

my cat wouldn't eat canned wet food, she only licked the gravy off of it....dry food is best for cats and dogs...and scraps of meat...sorry for the loss of your cat...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm

My cats hav particular tastes. PiWaKIT (aNJE'z dotr) likes seafood mostly. FREZ likes Meow Mix (dry crunchy cat food) and the salmon&shrimp Fansy Feast (wich he haz been rejecting for months), and canned salmon. aNJE'z fave food wuz raw beef, raw chicken and deli counter slised sandwich meat. HiZeNBRG likes a variety. I havent figured out wut PaNDORU preferz yet.

I will haf to keep buying the Meow Mix kuz they all like it and it's FREZ'z main food. But I'll be regularly searching the newz for any reports uv poizoning.

Pet food haz alwayz been bad, but now with a Trump appointee likely to be an assclown, you can bet its going to get much worse.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Aw, sorry to hear you lost one of your babies, JO! :(

Lard, save me from your followers.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 pm

xanks.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 am

JO 753 wrote:My oldest cat died yesterday (aNJE, 19)
You have my sincere sympathy. I would be crushed.

On a cheery note, remember that cats were only domesticated by humans about 4,500 years ago, and all cats have vowed to take revenge on humans, for taking them from the wild, by destroying furniture, taking over half the available bed space, spraying inside and forcing humans to open endless numbers of cat food tins, simply to walk away from.
:D

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:41 am

xanks.

Matthew Ellard wrote:
On a cheery note, remember that humanz were only domesticated by cats about 4,500 years ago,

ftfy.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:48 am

You might cheer, but this is Sad!

Spoiler:

Lard, save me from your followers.