psychiatry is a scam run by eugenicists

A skeptical look at medical practices
User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: No one knows why he posts here.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3WcuvL737A


I think the video is spot on .
its the reality for the individual who does not play along

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 am

Maybe you don't get many invitations to parties because you always turn them down?

You know how it works. People will just stop asking. So you have to invite yourself.

Initiative.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:no - the right thing would be for me to retire . will be 65 soon and all I can do is lose .
my posts always turn into discussions about me .
that does not matter .
Oh, well maybe you're right. The fight does take a lot out of you. Mine started when I was 34, so I had youth on my side.

psychiatry is a scam wrote:same things that happened to me , will and are happening to new victims .
kids in school , adults trying to work - all forced to take experimental synthetic drugs / medications .
I'm confused. Who's forcing whom to take these drugs? Are you in the US? I've never been forced to take medications.

I will say that I've voluntarily been through trials of a large number of different medications, but have insisted on trying only one from each class of drug and similar mechanism of action. For example, if one SSRI doesn't work for me, my issue is likely not serotonin reuptake, so it's senseless to try another SSRI with the same mechanism. Let's move on to a SNRI and see if norepinephrine is the issue. Make sense?
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:27 am

Living is hard... I mean, you literally have to try not to die constantly.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31113
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Gord » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Living is hard... I mean, you literally have to try not to die constantly.

I've rarely tried not to do. In fact, I have several bus drivers who could attest to that fact, assuming they still recognise me. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:no - the right thing would be for me to retire . will be 65 soon and all I can do is lose .
my posts always turn into discussions about me .
that does not matter .
Oh, well maybe you're right. The fight does take a lot out of you. Mine started when I was 34, so I had youth on my side.

psychiatry is a scam wrote:same things that happened to me , will and are happening to new victims .
kids in school , adults trying to work - all forced to take experimental synthetic drugs / medications .
I'm confused. Who's forcing whom to take these drugs? Are you in the US? I've never been forced to take medications.

I will say that I've voluntarily been through trials of a large number of different medications, but have insisted on trying only one from each class of drug and similar mechanism of action. For example, if one SSRI doesn't work for me, my issue is likely not serotonin reuptake, so it's senseless to try another SSRI with the same mechanism. Let's move on to a SNRI and see if norepinephrine is the issue. Make sense?



kids in the USA are not pressured to take meds ?
this would be a good topic - list the number of people who were pressured to take meds .
and how they got into that situation .

guessing the main reason - ironically - would be for getting caught / arrested for drug use .

another example - I tried to make an appointment with the shrink clinic I was going to several years ago because of work .
the woman / secretary insisted that I could only come in for medication .
refuse to take meds - no appointment -

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 am

just thought of one of my originals - tv show about mental illness . think I had it on vhs tape
a labeled paranoid schizophrenic living near nyc grand central station / Manhattan
talking to his case worker , needed a place to stay and eyeglasses - his were broken , only one good lens.

case worker said he had to take meds first .
month later he was dead .
I remember thinking anyone who can survive there has to be smarter / tougher then me

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:kids in the USA are not pressured to take meds ?
this would be a good topic - list the number of people who were pressured to take meds .
and how they got into that situation .

guessing the main reason - ironically - would be for getting caught / arrested for drug use .

another example - I tried to make an appointment with the shrink clinic I was going to several years ago because of work .
the woman / secretary insisted that I could only come in for medication .
refuse to take meds - no appointment -

It's usually the opposite in the US. You generally have to go through months of therapy with a psychologist first before you even get to see a psychiatrist...unless you have medical records with a history of diagnoses. Otherwise, it's a waiting list for medication.

It's a different story if you're Court-ordered into therapy because you've committed a crime. There are times when the Court will make therapy a condition of probation. But no one can force you to take medication against your will in the US...unless you're institutionalized in lieu of a prison sentence.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11090
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:42 pm

I've known accredited psychologists who would not undertake talk therapy unless the patient was taking some form of medication, usually lithium. The reason they gave was that they didn't have the time to deal with strong emotional outbursts. Mostly, I think, they simply couldn't handle it, so they avoided such situations.

As a Crisis counsellor, I frequently dealt with strong emotions, the training is not all that rigorous, though it does seem to need the right temperament. I never referred anyone to those psychologists.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 am

sad that normal people are unwilling to admit or comprehend the damage done by a legal / medical complex
that is designed to slowly destroy weak people .
doctors hypocrite oath - never give a sucker an even break .
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22405
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 am

Thanks, Turp!
.

Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Turps has its place in society. How else would you get oil-based paint of your hands?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:56 am

westboro Baptist church - don't assume bad intent -
ask questions -
stay calm - rightness justified rudeness ---
make the argument , value of our position is or should be obvious and self evident .

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:21 am

Are you off your meds again?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Are you off your meds again?


only took Zoloft back in the late 90s - so yea I guess that is correct .

are you asking because my rant makes no sense ?

you could google westboro - it might lead you to what I am quoting .

depends on your intent

thanx for responding :)

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Major Malfunction » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I see you, because you're not far off from me. When I was a kid, my father said to me, "Genius is a razor's edge from psychopathy."

That's when I decided to be a mostly nice person.

Taunting people in grief isn't nice.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13903
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Taunting people in grief isn't nice.

Good comment/conclusion. Thats what I would draw from my understanding of any Westboro reference. I suppose, Psych could be asked, and expected to, actually expressly state his idea? Lots of nutty ideas feel good in contemplation but recognized as nonsense only when sounded out............
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 pm

oops - I googled westboro
guess I should have included megan phelps roper - she did a TED video
a bit past halfway she gives 4 steps - the first is - DON'T ASSUME BAD INTENT

I always assume bad intent

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13903
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am

gee whiz bro: buy a link.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28098
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:20 am

westboro.jpg
psychiatry is a scam wrote:westboro Baptist church - don't assume bad intent -
psychiatry is a scam wrote:oops - I googled westboro

How about you stop posting anything until you actually know what you are posting about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:gee whiz bro: buy a link.


either the cia is blocking my links ( I was able to do it a couple times )
or im too stupid :frown:

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:westboro.jpg
psychiatry is a scam wrote:westboro Baptist church - don't assume bad intent -
psychiatry is a scam wrote:oops - I googled westboro

How about you stop posting anything until you actually know what you are posting about.


did you watch the TED video by megan ?

thanx for responding - :)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13903
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 am

phpBB [video]
https://www.ted.com/talks/megan_phelps_roper_i_grew_up_in_the_westboro_baptist_church_here_s_why_i_lefthttps://www.ted.com/talks/megan_phelps_roper_i_grew_up_in_the_westboro_baptist_church_here_s_why_i_left

I've never had a link address not copy and paste, so that part is you.

sometimes its our own browsers that won't let this website make the link.. I tried all our options above. Just a black screen in my Preview...sometimes they play at a later date.

I "never" watch/read about prior adherents to whacko anything. The source has been tainted.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28098
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:41 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: did you watch the TED video by megan ?
No as you didn't post a link.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31113
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Gord » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:47 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote: did you watch the TED video by megan ?
No as you didn't post a link.

It's Megan Phelps-Roper's TED talk about why she left the Westboro Baptist Church: https://www.ted.com/speakers/megan_phelps_roper

A former member of Westboro Baptist Church, Megan Phelps-Roper is now a writer and educator on topics related to extremism, bullying and empathy in dialogue.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:I always assume bad intent

I always assume stupid. Most people aren't malicious. Just selfish. Very few people are actually malevolent.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13903
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 am

"just selfish"...... is the key. Or other negative connotations...............
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5040
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:either the cia is blocking my links ( I was able to do it a couple times )
or im too stupid :frown:

Well the CIA is definitely not blocking your links, so I think we can all agree what's going on here.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31113
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Gord » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

Austin Harper wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:either the cia is blocking my links ( I was able to do it a couple times )
or im too stupid :frown:

Well the CIA is definitely not blocking your links, so I think we can all agree what's going on here.

You don't know who Pyrrho works for!!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12112
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Gord wrote:You don't know who Pyrrho works for!!

He works for The Boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5N8EAOtVE
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:24 pm

often told that such a conspiracy / cover up would not be possible .
look at the story of doctor larry Nassar / msu

people always side with those in power over the victims

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 pm

We side with the evidence. Where do you think the evidence points to?

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:57 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:We side with the evidence. Where do you think the evidence points to?


the evidence points to the fact that all people - not just shrinks ; always side against the victim / loser .
its human nature

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:48 am

Do you have evidence that doesn't just consist of anecdotes?

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:20 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:Do you have evidence that doesn't just consist of anecdotes?


a ex doctor larry nassar was found guilty
and msu is next

there is no chance of getting normals to change .
I can only be a light in the darkness for other victims

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28098
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:33 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:I can only be a light in the darkness for other victims
No, You can't even do that as you don't know how to post links.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:34 pm

[imgfit][/imgfit]
psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:Do you have evidence that doesn't just consist of anecdotes?


a ex doctor larry nassar was found guilty
and msu is next


there is no chance of getting normals to change .
I can only be a light in the darkness for other victims

A proper link to the source material would be very helpful here. Even the name and where to find it would be good enough for me.

User avatar
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 am

people say there is no reason for me to be here . that is true , there is zero chance of me changing the thinking of normal people .

but there is a small chance that a victim may stumble on this site .
I rant for these victims ; so that they might know - normal people are what created this world .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28098
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

How to add links / Try again

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: I rant for these victims ; so that they might know - normal people are what created this world .
Not really. As you don't leave links, nor write coherent sentences, no one has a clue what you are attempting to say.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 13903
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:We side with the evidence. Where do you think the evidence points to?


the evidence points to the fact that all people - not just shrinks ; always side against the victim / loser .
its human nature

You say that, and then next post where 150 victims get belated justice. Belated (and an outrage), but not always (forever) denied.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?


Return to “Healthcare”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest