psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

A skeptical look at medical practices
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 am

Major Malfunction wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: No one knows why he posts here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3WcuvL737A

I think the video is spot on .
its the reality for the individual who does not play along
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 am

Maybe you don't get many invitations to parties because you always turn them down?

You know how it works. People will just stop asking. So you have to invite yourself.

Initiative.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:no - the right thing would be for me to retire . will be 65 soon and all I can do is lose .
my posts always turn into discussions about me .
that does not matter .
Oh, well maybe you're right. The fight does take a lot out of you. Mine started when I was 34, so I had youth on my side.

psychiatry is a scam wrote:same things that happened to me , will and are happening to new victims .
kids in school , adults trying to work - all forced to take experimental synthetic drugs / medications .
I'm confused. Who's forcing whom to take these drugs? Are you in the US? I've never been forced to take medications.

I will say that I've voluntarily been through trials of a large number of different medications, but have insisted on trying only one from each class of drug and similar mechanism of action. For example, if one SSRI doesn't work for me, my issue is likely not serotonin reuptake, so it's senseless to try another SSRI with the same mechanism. Let's move on to a SNRI and see if norepinephrine is the issue. Make sense?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:27 am

Living is hard... I mean, you literally have to try not to die constantly.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:55 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Living is hard... I mean, you literally have to try not to die constantly.

I've rarely tried not to do. In fact, I have several bus drivers who could attest to that fact, assuming they still recognise me. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:no - the right thing would be for me to retire . will be 65 soon and all I can do is lose .
my posts always turn into discussions about me .
that does not matter .
Oh, well maybe you're right. The fight does take a lot out of you. Mine started when I was 34, so I had youth on my side.

psychiatry is a scam wrote:same things that happened to me , will and are happening to new victims .
kids in school , adults trying to work - all forced to take experimental synthetic drugs / medications .
I'm confused. Who's forcing whom to take these drugs? Are you in the US? I've never been forced to take medications.

I will say that I've voluntarily been through trials of a large number of different medications, but have insisted on trying only one from each class of drug and similar mechanism of action. For example, if one SSRI doesn't work for me, my issue is likely not serotonin reuptake, so it's senseless to try another SSRI with the same mechanism. Let's move on to a SNRI and see if norepinephrine is the issue. Make sense?

kids in the USA are not pressured to take meds ?
this would be a good topic - list the number of people who were pressured to take meds .
and how they got into that situation .

guessing the main reason - ironically - would be for getting caught / arrested for drug use .

another example - I tried to make an appointment with the shrink clinic I was going to several years ago because of work .
the woman / secretary insisted that I could only come in for medication .
refuse to take meds - no appointment -

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 am

just thought of one of my originals - tv show about mental illness . think I had it on vhs tape
a labeled paranoid schizophrenic living near nyc grand central station / Manhattan
talking to his case worker , needed a place to stay and eyeglasses - his were broken , only one good lens.

case worker said he had to take meds first .
month later he was dead .
I remember thinking anyone who can survive there has to be smarter / tougher then me

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:kids in the USA are not pressured to take meds ?
this would be a good topic - list the number of people who were pressured to take meds .
and how they got into that situation .

guessing the main reason - ironically - would be for getting caught / arrested for drug use .

another example - I tried to make an appointment with the shrink clinic I was going to several years ago because of work .
the woman / secretary insisted that I could only come in for medication .
refuse to take meds - no appointment -

It's usually the opposite in the US. You generally have to go through months of therapy with a psychologist first before you even get to see a psychiatrist...unless you have medical records with a history of diagnoses. Otherwise, it's a waiting list for medication.

It's a different story if you're Court-ordered into therapy because you've committed a crime. There are times when the Court will make therapy a condition of probation. But no one can force you to take medication against your will in the US...unless you're institutionalized in lieu of a prison sentence.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:42 pm

I've known accredited psychologists who would not undertake talk therapy unless the patient was taking some form of medication, usually lithium. The reason they gave was that they didn't have the time to deal with strong emotional outbursts. Mostly, I think, they simply couldn't handle it, so they avoided such situations.

As a Crisis counsellor, I frequently dealt with strong emotions, the training is not all that rigorous, though it does seem to need the right temperament. I never referred anyone to those psychologists.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 am

eugenics
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 am

Thanks, Turp!
Hi, Io the lurker.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Turps has its place in society. How else would you get oil-based paint of your hands?

Return to “Healthcare”