Eugenics is Psychiatry is Eugenics

A skeptical look at medical practices
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by people with bad intent

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:18 pm

I've never trusted (most) psychologists or social workers. I saw a graph somewhere just the other day. They tend to be in the lower IQ range. About 110 to 120.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I've never trusted (most) psychologists or social workers. I saw a graph somewhere just the other day. They tend to be in the lower IQ range. About 110 to 120.
that's above average ?
mental health is run by psychiatrists - what is their iq range ?

have an idea about 2 basic different types of iq -
there is the paper pusher type intelligence .
and there is the practical / trade worker type of intelligence . I admit to a bias

sooo what is your iq ?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:sooo what is your iq ?
Well, I don't boast about it. In fact I try to hide it. I grew up in a country town where the smart kids got beaten up. And I can be pretty daft at times.

But since you ask, I was measured at 145 when I was 17. No doubt through natural attrition and excesses, I'm quite a bit less now. But all the wiser. :)
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by eugenicists

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 am

God's jury - the Inquisition and the making of the modern world - by Cullen Murphy

in hindsight my ideas here are stupid , unrealistic , irrational . there is zero chance of people in power ever changing .
the other site created on april 1st is far more realistic - its actual reality today for a lot of people / victims .

the book by Cullen Murphy talks about how religion , governments , create bureaucracy to stay in power .
nothing is mentioned about how the mental health religion is exactly the same .

have to wonder why ; is he afraid ?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 am

Don't confuse IQ with personality or character or training or experience.....so like hoomans to make complicated things easy to categorize and wrong.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:the book by Cullen Murphy talks about how religion , governments , create bureaucracy to stay in power .
nothing is mentioned about how the mental health religion is exactly the same .
I agree, mate. Dogma and power-play can infest and weigh-down the progress of any Human field of study.

It seems to be a common Human trait to latch onto the snappiest explanation you agree with, and never let go, even kicking and screaming, poking your fingers in your ears, going "Lalalalala!"

Freudian psychology is largely discredited these days, but some still cling to it. We're starting to understand that thought is regulated by biochemical processes, and it's still a very new field.

Like, I reckon we're on the inside of a black hole, the Multiverse is a fractal of black holes all the way up, and all the way down. Electrons and atoms aren't particles, they're standing waves in whatever the fabric of space-time is.

People are starting to come around to the idea. The evidence is pointing that way.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:the book by Cullen Murphy talks about how religion , governments , create bureaucracy to stay in power .
A tautology, ie: totally meaningless.
psychiatry is a scam wrote: nothing is mentioned about how the mental health religion is exactly the same .
No two different things/activities are exactly the same. Clearly redundant to tag mental health as a religion.

Just a bunch of foo foo. aka: snappy (non) explanation.

Thought is regulated just like every other material concern by biochemical waves in the space/time continuum....but WHAT is thought is highly constructed by Freudian Principles: principally that there is a subconscious little appreciated by most. All experts in the field accept this. Its only specific psychosis and cure that have fallen into disfavor.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm

rotating mask test for schizophrenia - 2 minutes 28 seconds in .
--- brain of a healthy person tends toward self-deceit . ---

guess this explains why I have so much trouble dealing with healthy people .

actually explains everything , religion , wars

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:48 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:rotating mask test for schizophrenia - 2 minutes 28 seconds in .
--- brain of a healthy person tends toward self-deceit . ---guess this explains why I have so much trouble dealing with healthy people .actually explains everything , religion , wars

Translation : Psychiatry is a scam has discovered that there is a statistical difference between how schizophrenics and non-schizophrenics interpret optical illusions.. I don't know if this is actually true and I have not checked the claim. :D

Optical Illusions That Predict Schizophrenia
https://blog.allpsych.com/optical-illus ... zophrenia/

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:32 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:49 am

Once you get used to the idea that it's everyone else who are crazy, it's smooth sailing.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:15 pm

I can willingly see both. What does that make me?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I can willingly see both. What does that make me?
Dérailleur Énigmatique.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks for reminding me. Sometimes I forget.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:33 am

Psychiatry isn't a scam - it's a religion. They decide what's right and wrong, and they decide how to punish the wrong, according to the Bible... *cough* I'm sorry, the DSM.

There used to be such a thing as a harmless nutball. Now if you think you're an alien they lock you up regardless of whether you're violent or not. (And considering how most humans act, it's a wonder more people don't identify as aliens.) And yeah, there's that too - if it hurts your ability to breed, it's normal. Identify as a girl, when you're a boy, and they'll cut it off for you and put you on a pedestal. Identify as an alien, and you go in a straitjacket.

They target people with high intelligence because those people are a threat. There used to be such a thing as eccentric. There used to be an understanding that geniuses are weird. Now every little quirk is a disorder, and every disorder an excuse to pill-push.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:07 am

I believe they current volume of the DSM was rushed into print without putting the proposed changes through trials to test their veracity.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

"Psychiatry is a scam/religion/Mexican jumping bean" is a conspiracy theory.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Gord wrote:"Psychiatry is a scam/religion/Mexican jumping bean" is a conspiracy theory.
The bean didn't jump, it was pushed.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

Wordbird wrote:Psychiatry isn't a scam - it's a religion. They decide what's right and wrong, and they decide how to punish the wrong, according to the Bible... *cough* I'm sorry, the DSM.

There used to be such a thing as a harmless nutball. Now if you think you're an alien they lock you up regardless of whether you're violent or not. (And considering how most humans act, it's a wonder more people don't identify as aliens.) And yeah, there's that too - if it hurts your ability to breed, it's normal. Identify as a girl, when you're a boy, and they'll cut it off for you and put you on a pedestal. Identify as an alien, and you go in a straitjacket.

They target people with high intelligence because those people are a threat. There used to be such a thing as eccentric. There used to be an understanding that geniuses are weird. Now every little quirk is a disorder, and every disorder an excuse to pill-push.

i have pretty much given up on this thread .
and now someone who ( isn't hostile ? ) to my rants shows up .
thanks for the post .
guessing you have had a negative experience to ?
I agree it is a religion ; patterned after the inquisition

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:36 am

Again, I don't think you and I have the same definition for the word "hostile".
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:18 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:i have pretty much given up on this thread .
thanks for the post .
Not really. I was a typical depressed little {!#%@} when I was a kid, so they started trying to make me take pills.

I flushed them down the toilet and I'm fine. I have more problems than the economy but they're all well controlled, without medication.

The rest of my family has similar problems. They ate 'em up. Now they're addicts who mix street drugs with "legal" drugs because the drugs they were given didn't get them high enough.

I drink about twice a year. I don't take drugs. I don't smoke.

Yes, it's anecdotal, but still, I feel it's significant.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

I drink about twice a year, too - in six-month sessions. I don't like to push it too far.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Poodle wrote:I drink about twice a year, too - in six-month sessions. I don't like to push it too far.
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Seriously, I'm not sure why we have to keep learning this over and over again.

Once upon a time, they thought cocaine was good for you and meth made you a better soldier.

Next thing you know, they're doping up the elderly and anyone who says his lead pipe hurts a little with opioids, which is now rightly declared a state of emergency.

I learned my lesson the first time I took a prozac and it didn't feel right.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Feeling a little down? Your children are concerned for you. That's what the commercial said.
It also said you need to get yourself over to a doctor so they can prescribe you some drugs for it.
That way, you never need to have another down day, as long as you keep taking the drugs.
Until the day you forget to take your meds, that is...
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Wordbird wrote:
Poodle wrote:I drink about twice a year, too - in six-month sessions. I don't like to push it too far.
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Seriously, I'm not sure why we have to keep learning this over and over again.

Once upon a time, they thought cocaine was good for you and meth made you a better soldier.

Next thing you know, they're doping up the elderly and anyone who says his lead pipe hurts a little with opioids, which is now rightly declared a state of emergency.

I learned my lesson the first time I took a prozac and it didn't feel right.
Teetotaller? Puritan?

Drugs aren't inherently bad.

Cocaine and meth are stimulants. Stronger in effect than nicotine or caffeine. But they each have their use. They make you feel a bit more "perky". Give you a bit of "spring" and "zest". I could use some of that, sometimes.

I'm a huge fan of opioids. That stuff just dulls pain like you just don't care. It's the best painkiller we've discovered so far. It works. And makes you feel happy and dreamy.

Prozac makes me go to sleep. Sometimes I need something to help me sleep.

Of course you shouldn't operate machinery under the influence of any drug, under normal circumstances, but why would you deny the beneficial effects from everyone?

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:but why would you deny the beneficial effects from everyone?
Ideally I wouldn't.

Everyone has the right to decide for themselves whether they're going to take drugs or not.

In a perfect world, everyone is responsible enough not to fall prey to addiction and then start breaking into cars for the change in the ashtray.

In this world, the people impacted by addiction who had no say in the matter, factor into the equation too. I'm not talking about a busybody mum who can't accept that her kid is his own person. I'm talking about the people who have to live in {!#%@} holes because addiction came to their neighbourhood, it became a bad neighbourhood, and they can't afford to move.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Wordbird wrote:
Major Malfunction wrote:but why would you deny the beneficial effects from everyone?
Ideally I wouldn't.

Everyone has the right to decide for themselves whether they're going to take drugs or not.

In a perfect world, everyone is responsible enough not to fall prey to addiction and then start breaking into cars for the change in the ashtray.

In this world, the people impacted by addiction who had no say in the matter, factor into the equation too. I'm not talking about a busybody mum who can't accept that her kid is his own person. I'm talking about the people who have to live in {!#%@} holes because addiction came to their neighbourhood, it became a bad neighbourhood, and they can't afford to move.
There we go.

Then ban cars. Do you have any idea how many people die and are injured in car accidents?

Here in Australia, they recently made codeine prescription only, because 30 people a year die from an overdose of the poisonous drugs the government forces to be mixed with it so plebs don't use it for fun.

Now if I've got a sore back, I can't just pop in the chemist on the way home. I need to make an appointment at the doctor, take time off work, wait an hour, talk {!#%@} for five minutes, go to chemist.

I've wasted an hour of my time not earning taxes. The doctor takes $50 tax for printing a prescription. And the chemist doubled the price.

Good for the economy? Good for doctors and chemists.

Now consider something like 3,000,000 people in Australia use codeine.

And out of those 30 people die a year.

Can you see where the money is flowing?

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Then ban cars. Do you have any idea how many people die and are injured in car accidents?

Here in Australia, they recently made codeine prescription only, because 30 people a year die from an overdose of the poisonous drugs the government forces to be mixed with it so plebs don't use it for fun.
It's their right to die of an overdose. Do people take codeine, get high, then start bashing open cars for the change in the ashtray? Do codeine addicts kill people, like crack addicts do, because they're on the drug?

I actually don't know. But I'd say any drugs people can use for fun, and not have it lead to that... well... let them do what they want. Opioid addicts and crack addicts murder and steal, because the drug causes them to lose judgement. These are people who would not have done these things before becoming addicts.

Your time has value. Your money has value. The people impacted by addiction without a say have value too.

Ideally I'd like to just punish every murderer and thief, no matter why they did it, but that's not practical in a world where police stop showing up when barred windows do.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Gee....I'm about as anti-religion/authority as a person can get and still be considered stable (I hide it very well)…..and I don't think psychiatry is a religion.

Did I miss one?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 pm

whatever you think of drugs, I thought the relevant issue for social change is that making drug use a CRIME is worse than the behavior sought to control.

Think whatever you want, make your own personal choices, but CRIMINALIZING BEHAVIOR should be a minimal intrusion....not maximized as with the drug issue. Entire countries in turmoil because of misplaced morality.

Silly hoomans.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:whatever you think of drugs, I thought the relevant issue for social change is that making drug use a CRIME is worse than the behavior sought to control.

Think whatever you want, make your own personal choices, but CRIMINALIZING BEHAVIOR should be a minimal intrusion....not maximized as with the drug issue. Entire countries in turmoil because of misplaced morality.

Silly hoomans.
I agree with this 100% in the ideal.

Less so, in reality. I know what it's like to live in a bad neighbourhood, and I know why it's like that: Drugs, and druggies. It's not just the illegality of drugs that make people commit crimes. Some drugs cause loss of judgment.

In the ideal, I agree that no drug use should be a crime.

In reality, I only agree with legalising drugs that do not compromise judgment significantly.

This is because it's not a one-sided issue. Yes, the freedom of people who want to use recreational drugs has value. However, the lives of the people impacted negatively by addition to behaviour-altering drugs, when they have no say, have value too.

When people stop becoming so addicted to drugs that cause you to lose the ability to tell right from wrong that they hurt or kill others in pursuit of their next fix, or even the day this becomes an unusual occurrence, legalise all of it.

Before then, who is anyone to say that Brad is suffering because he wants more freedom and his drug is illegal, so we should transfer his suffering to Nancy who will have her car broken into for the change in the ashtray?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 am

I don't have the stats, but I think mass-killings were much more rare back in the 60s. The cause of the University of Texas tower shooting in 1966 was found to have been a brain tumor I believe. I don't remember that such incidents were anything but rare. Nowadays they almost seem to be a weekly occurrence. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... n-violence

I don't believe it's due to increased societal stress or poor nutrition, or anything environmental. The common factor seems to be the prescription of SSRIs.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:52 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Gee....I'm about as anti-religion/authority as a person can get and still be considered stable (I hide it very well)…..and I don't think psychiatry is a religion.

Did I miss one?
I'm basing that on my personal experience . I really need and want to go to a doctor - I exist in a hell hole job that is run by
psychopaths/sociopaths , drunks , criminals - / normal factory workers .
I call the local hospital to try to make an appointment to talk about bullying ,
and can't get by the receptionist - who knows I have refused meds in the past .
and insists that I can only come in for medication .
*** medication is their god .

the place is a hell hole , and I wish I could at least try to change it .
but shrinks get paid a lot of money to side with the people in power .
doesn't matter if its Nazis or just a big company.

don't say just quit - definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results .
I am almost as stubborn as the {!#%@} bosses who run the place
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 am

Wordbird wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:i have pretty much given up on this thread .
thanks for the post .
Not really. I was a typical depressed little {!#%@} when I was a kid, so they started trying to make me take pills.

I flushed them down the toilet and I'm fine. I have more problems than the economy but they're all well controlled, without medication.

The rest of my family has similar problems. They ate 'em up. Now they're addicts who mix street drugs with "legal" drugs because the drugs they were given didn't get them high enough.

I drink about twice a year. I don't take drugs. I don't smoke.

Yes, it's anecdotal, but still, I feel it's significant.
luckily for me , my father could not afford to send me to any doctor , esp. a shrink .
and i agree - the best thing for the brain , is a healthy lifestyle ,

its amazing that shrinks get away with taking mdical insurance money from people who need help .

and pressure those people to do the same thing really sick people do .
experiment with prescribed drugs / medication and go to the shrinks office so he can evaluate how sick your getting.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:I'm basing that on my personal experience . I really need and want to go to a doctor - I exist in a hell hole job that is run by
psychopaths/sociopaths , drunks , criminals - / normal factory workers .
Sounds like a normal job to me. In capitalism, every business is monkey business.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Have you read the comic, Dilbert?

Instructive.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 am

Major Malfunction wrote:Have you read the comic, Dilbert?
Used to be my favourite. Then the creator became a Trump fan. Now I can't stand the sight of it.

Is that weird or what??
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:25 am

prince William launches mental health webite . heads together - mental health at work .

uses the line - so people can get the help they need .

these people have nothing in common with sick people - I am positive they would never take the poisons they are pushing on others.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:07 am

When people think their psychiatric medications are "poison", that's a bad sign.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:58 am

Gord wrote:When people think their psychiatric medications are "poison", that's a bad sign.
im just going by what the first shrink i went to wrote in my record .
claimed she explained to me - the meds she/they wanted me to take would cause TARDIVE DYSKINESIA .

that is a slow , ugly , evil way to murder somebody .

also more recently , another shrink wanted me to take abilify .
no explanation ; didnt care if i was too stupid and sick to research it .
now there is a lawsuit , because it to causes TD

oh it aint my meds

the internet is loaded with people who are anti psychiatry .

an apple a day keeps the doctor away .
why would you want to keep the doctor away ?
cause doctors are eugenicists