Helthcare a Privelij

A skeptical look at medical practices
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Helthcare a Privelij

Postby JO 753 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:08 am

Happened to catch Miss Washington DC giv her ansr to a Q in the Miss America contest.

She sed healthcare iz a privelij that shoud be rezerved for employed peeple. And, az a goverment worker, she shoud know.

We will sertainly be getting beat over the hed with this by Huffpost, AOL and the selebrity blather showz for a week. (or until the next Trump outraje, so figure about 2pm Monday)

I started riting the helthcare paje on my website yesterday. Seem to be bogged kuz I'm doing other projects to avoid working on it. (got a rescued comp working, did a superflush to solve my kronikly slow toilet. Both seksesful!)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: Helthcare a Privelij

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 am

12 secs now, eh? :-P

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:48 am

HA! Maybe! I'll hav to time it.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Gee.... a privilege huh? Well....only when every citizen is in a position to freely choose it or not. Let her work on THAT follow up question. Beauty always has been a free card to privilege. Not brains.... but privilege.

But seriously....what is a powerflush? Please answer if anything except a large amount of water? I remember as a kiddie we had willow tree roots that were constantly filling in our drain pipe. No power flush or rooter would work on them. About every 2-3 years had to get a special rooter with side cutting blades to get the flow.

Today in my hovel I have "slow" pipes that clog once a month. Thankfully a good plunger pops the block....whatever it is. What is the "root" cause here? Pipes too narrow? Not enough slope? Something is going on that is not tree roots.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Built-in plumber's job security?

Why don't you try snaking 'em to remove a possible buildup that might yearn for company and keeps grabbing segments of traffic.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 pm

The snake will be used when the plunger fails.....Pain in the butt, but 90% of failures are right in the U-Trap. I cleaned it out 10 years ago. I mean..... that should be a once in a lifetime deal.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon May 15, 2017 10:56 pm

:|

Spoiler:
ImageImage

Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Healthcare has always beeen a privilege. I am privileged to live in the 21st century when there is good medicine and good dentistry. However, I am disadvantaged by the fact that I cannot get access to 22nd century medicine that could probably cure damn near anything.

No one but the very rich can gain access to the most expensive healthcare. Just love those Big Pharma types that set their prices so that life saving anti-cancer drugs cost hundreds of thousands of dollars! However, basic health care is possible for everyone in any western nation, supported by the taxpayer. Allowing someone to die because he or she has too little money to pay for something quite readily available, is just wrong!

So my view is that basic health care should be a right, not a privilege.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon May 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Yeah, but, sadly, that doesn't work with the GOP's agenda...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Lance: I agree. Is it too much a quibble to demark "Healthcare is a Privilege" standing alone to the same statement with what you said? "Healthcare sadly is a privilege, but we should work to make it a (statutory) right."

Too wordy?

Lance Kennedy
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Postby Lance Kennedy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Of course, Bobbo.

Sadly, we also have to be practical, and any healthcare will be limited by practical and financial reasons. The more money a state has, the better the healthcare it can give*.

Should a peasant subsistence farmer in Zambia get basic healthcare? Yes, but it will be a lot more basic than what a citizen of a wealthy westertn country gets.

*Which is a bloody good reason to get tough on taxing the very rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 am

JO 753 wrote:(or until the next Trump outraje, so figure about 2pm Monday)

Washington Post: Trump revealz TOP SECRET info to Russian ambassador

I will take my Randi Challenge prize money in cash, pleez.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:02 am

scrmbldggs wrote:12 secs now, eh? :-P

14! Timed frum hitting the lever to the final glug.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 16, 2017 12:04 am

:lol:

That should give Pyrrho a little more time. Cos one should always make sure there is a final glug... :-P

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:But seriously....what is a powerflush? Please answer if anything except a large amount of water?

It iz, but I need to elaborate anyway.

I flushed the toilet and wen it starting to drain blasted rite into the hole at the bottom with the garden hoze and kept it up for around 3 minits.

For this to work, the toilet cant be blocked completely.

The problem iz cauzed by a 90o bend not far below the toilet where solidz can get stuk and accumulate.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:18 am

scrmbldggs wrote::|

Spoiler:
ImageImage

Tried it. 18 buks literaly down the crapper!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue May 16, 2017 12:23 am

Ouch. :(

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:28 am

Had a conversation with wun uv my GoP frendz today. The subject uv helthcare came up and he also spoke uv 'privelij'.

She wun, in spite uv favoring poor peepl dying in the gutter.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 am

JO 753 wrote: I flushed the toilet and wen it starting to drain blasted rite into the hole at the bottom with the garden hoze and kept it up for around 3 minits.

For this to work, the toilet cant be blocked completely.

While back I had a complete blockage the plunger didn't clear. I used the hose with a power nozzle on it and shoved it down as far as it would go. Turned it on: No Joy. So....I suffed my sink drain with dish rags to get a seal there and Violet: got a pressure break thru. Let the hose run for a few minutes more. I'm thinking a nice "tool" might be a smaller diameter nose so it could be shoved farther down pipe, then stuff it as far as you can .... and just like that train conductor: pull it out slowly.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 am

Thanks for the link. She "almost" said healthcare is a privilege..... tied to a job ..... and you have a right to a job.

I know.... I'm pushing it.

Another truth that we ought to accept: two tiers of healthcare. If you are getting it for free.... don't expect the same level of service of those who pay for it. That DOES NOT mean negligent or shabby healthcare...but it does mean a different level of service. A bed in a ward, rather than a private room sort of division. I prefer a ward setting anyway.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 am

.....................and actual death panels.

Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Flash » Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 am

America is the only developed country without so called single payer health care. The richest country in the developed world with the worst healthcare.

There is only one way to have a good healthcare available to everybody. Get rid of your so called health care industry; the health insurance and the hospital (for profit) companies. They are the parasites and blood suckers that don't contribute to the well being of Americans. They inserted themselves in a financial space between the patients and the medical professionals skimming the profits,introducing delays, gigantic bureaucracy, rejections and sowing nothing but pain and death. They are the real death panels of the American healthcare.

You can't make these companies compete and thus lower the price of healthcare while increasing quality. That has never happened and it will not happen because the healthcare for profit is fundamentally incompatible with good, solid and universal healthcare.

In order to maximize the profits these companies have to lower the quality and deny the access to a good healthcare. It's just good business and that's why this model can't be used to deliver a good quality and universal healthcare to the nation.

All the advanced countries in the world understand this except Americans who let themselves be hoodwinked by the {!#%@} corporate propaganda.

And while you at it, that is arresting the health insurance companies CEOs and sending them to the reeducation camps in the Arctic you could at the same time make sure that these people spend some quality time up there in Alaska with the CEOs of the drug companies. That would miraculously lower the price of drugs to some reasonable level as well.

Fellow Americans...good luck in your noble endevours. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Return to “Healthcare”