Ya Allah, I love science education.

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Ya Allah, I love science education.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:22 am

Saudi Preacher Bandar Al-Khaybari Demonstrates: The Earth Does Not Revolve around Itself

Video with subtitles:
http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/4781.htm

Transcript:
http://www.memritv.org/clip_transcript/en/4781.htm

... There is ample Quranic evidence that it is the sun that revolves around the Earth. As for evidence based on reason... The [Westerners] present all kinds of theories, but we Muslims also have theories and brains. First, let's say that we go from here to Sharjah Airport and take a plane to China. Are you with me? Concentrate now. Let's say that this is the Earth, and let's assume that it is turning... If we take an international flight from Sharjah to China... You say that the Earth is turning, right? If the plane stopped in mid-air, wouldn't China come to it? Am I right or not? If the Earth really does turn - China should come to the plane. Now, let's assume that the Earth revolves the other way - the plane will never catch up with China no matter how long it flies. Since China is also revolving, you will never get there. Secondly, Allah talked about the [celestial] house frequented [by angels]. This house is located in the seventh heaven. The Prophet Muhammad said that if it fell from the sky, it would fall on the Kaaba. But if the Earth revolves, it would not fall on the Kaaba. It would fall in the ocean or somewhere on dry land. This proves that the Earth is fixed in place. ...
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Ya Allah, I love science education.

Postby Gord » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:01 am

Oh, Allah -- what a kidder! :kneeslap:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Ya Allah, I love science education.

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:23 pm

The usual response is deserved, I suppose...

It's turtles all the way down.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Return to “Education”