Of Recursive Fury and NAZIs

Heated discussions on a hot topic.

Of Recursive Fury and NAZIs

Post #1  Postby citizenschallenge » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Hmmm, got into a little rant between these two sources I'm sharing in this thread.  It was triggered by SweetPea's obsession with referring to SkepticalScience.com as "SS" rather than the accepted "SkS" ~ it's a very juvenile thing and in the past I've tried to politely correct him and have always deleted what I really want to tell the lil' cartoon.  

But, today between the place; the mood; and Pea onces again resurrecting a quote from a tired pissed-off guy who was venting among friends - a fleeting moment SP wants to blow-up as though it was a MASTER PLAN.  
This time big P I'm not deleting what I want to tell this little punk.

Global Warming, Propaganda-Journalism And The Definition Of Insanity
By David Cromwell
http://www.medialens.org/index.php/alerts/alert-archive/alerts-2013/726-heading-for-a-different-planet-global-warming-irrefutable-science-and-the-failure-of-journalism.html

The systematic propaganda of the corporate media - its deep-rooted antipathy towards upholding proper journalistic standards in the public interest - extends to its coverage of human-induced climate change. The Independent recently delivered a masterpiece of headline obfuscation with: 'World cools on global warming as green fatigue sets in.'

The news report said:

'Only 49 per cent of people now consider climate change a very serious issue – far fewer than at the beginning of the worldwide financial crisis in 2009.'

As usual, there was no mention of the role of the corporate media as a leading cause of why 'green fatigue' has supposedly set in. No mention of the media's shameful failure to explore root causes of the climate crisis, not least the elite-serving corporate globalisation that has taken humanity to the brink of disaster. ...

Ironically, science writer Joe Romm of the indispensable Climate Progress blog had exposed the myth of 'green fatigue' in a piece a few days earlier:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hand in hand with that here are some thoughts worth mulling over:

This where it started and one thought led to another and it was time to drop the shoe regarding who this little punk is saying his crap to.

Here's some interesting stuff from those self same folks whom our SweetPea feels compelled to compare with Nazi's.  As an American-German who's parents were teenagers during the 1940s; Dad getting marched off to Italy to shoot at... then get shot by and captured by the British; my mom spending her years surviving with her Mother... running away from one active front after another.  You know what Sweet Pea you f'n prick thug... thanks to my grandmother being too sick to continue to their destination of Dresden, my mom got to watch the skies over Dresden exploding; then burning; then glowing - rather than burning up during that horrendous night!  And you piece of shallow unthinking, never thoughtful nor introspective thug - think it's OK to repeatedly marry SkepticalScience.com to NAZIs, yea right now if i could i would reach through this screen; and grab your ass; and kick the living shitt out of it; in the hope of cracking that reinforced concrete skull that's hiding your brain.

WHY so emotional?  go figure I'm a human and
because you piece of dirty alley thuggery think you can make a joke out of the NAZIs and marry them to a group of fine serious dedicated independent professionals - heck dedicated - studious, productive, honorable citizens and family members (the best of grassroots we could hope for...) - folks who are striving to make climatology and what's happening to our planet accessible and understandable to the general public - and you scum want to marry them to the NAZIs without the slightest concept of, or concern for, reality.   :twisted:

Christ I gotta take a cold shower now.  Yea, you upset me Mr/Ms Pea whoever you are and represent -> because you are an active, krist proactive representative of the worst in America today!  and you're sort of activities have helped to totally f' our collective futures.  And I so wish you could grow up a little.

Recursive Fury: Facts and misrepresentations
Posted on 21 March 2013 by John Cook, Stephan Lewandowsky
http://www.skepticalscience.com/Recursive-Fury-Facts-misrepresentations.html

Our paper   Recursive fury: conspiracist ideation in the blogosphere in response to research on conspiracist ideation has been published. The paper analyzed the public discourse in response to an earlier article by Lewandowsky, Oberauer, and Gignac (LOG12 for short from here on), which has led to some discussion on this blog earlier.
Refreshingly, the journal Frontiers makes all papers available for free with no paywall. Another unique feature of this journal is that readers can post comments directly beneath the abstract. Unfortunately this has led to the posting of a number of misrepresentations of the paper.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Nefarious Intent: Assuming that the presumed conspirators have nefarious intentions. For example, if person X assumes that blogger Y colluded with the New York Times to publish a paper damaging to X, then X presumes nefarious intent on the part of Y.
Persecuted Victim: Self-identifying as the victim of an organised persecution.

Nihilistic Skepticism: Refusing to believe anything that doesn’t fit into the conspiracy theory. Note that “conspiracy theory” here is a fairly broad term and need not involve a global conspiracy (e.g., that NASA faked the moon landing) but can refer to small-scale events and hypotheses.
Nothing occurs by Accident: Weaving any small random event into the conspiracy narrative.

Something Must be Wrong: Switching liberally between different, even contradictory conspiracy theories that have in common only the presumption that there is something wrong in the official account by the alleged conspirators. Thus, people may simultaneously believe that Princess Diana faked her own death and that she was assassinated by MI5.

Self-Sealing reasoning: Interpreting any evidence against the conspiracy as evidence for the conspiracy. For example, when climate scientists are exonerated of any wrong-doing 9 times over by different investigations, this is reinterpreted to imply that the climate-change conspiracy involves not just the world’s climate scientists but also the investigating bodies and associated governments.
The AGW consensus is NOT formed by scientists.
The AGW consensus IS compelled by the evidence.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One Directional Skepticism Equals Denial
citizenschallenge
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: Of Recursive Fury and NAZIs

Post #2  Postby SweetPea » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Why would  the acronym be SkS when the name is Skeptical Science? That's SS. You're way offside, and the evidence is that SS is what they called themselves too. Check it out, oh witless wonder.. Ask 'em.

You seem to be all fired up with the new marching orders from command.
Did you get a highboot up the ass from the reps who showed up here? You're doing a lousy job?

I think it's odd that you try to make little of the thing they were doing, and continue to call them The Messengers of Science when it's clear what kind of activities they are engaged in. It's not science, buckaroo.
Let's be clear. They were talking about plans to hurt people.
ID appropriation, stealing documents, forging documents, publishing personal information of citizens,...all are not underhanded enough for them. A real hurting was being planned.

That's not good, eh citizenschallenge - or is it? Have you personally made plans to hurt your opponents in the climate debate?  We Deniers are said to be the Viet Cong, remember. To be dealt with in the manner deemed most appropriate by the particular SS member who took up the challenge.

And what of your use of the term "Denier", eh?

What is that a reference to?

Nothing hypocritical about citizenschallenge. Nothing at all.
He's hurting from the plans being pointed out. We found out what they were up to.

waaaaahhh!!!!!
It's Upside-Down World
Last edited by SweetPea on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129
SweetPea
Too Cute and
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post #3  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 pm

This thread reminds me, I need to find a Jumping the Shark emoticon.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.
Pyrrho
Administrator

Post #4  Postby SweetPea » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 pm

toooooo late!  :lol:
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129
SweetPea
Too Cute and
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post #5  Postby Pyrrho » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Warning has been issued for the opening post.

Please do not post topics for the purpose of attacking other users.

Please do not post abusive personal attacks and please do not post threats of violence.

If this happens again, further administrative action will be taken.

Topic locked.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.
Pyrrho
Administrator

Return to Climate Change