Moderating This Sub Forum

Discussions
montgomery
BANNED

Moderating This Sub Forum

Post by montgomery » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Because my warnings and requests have been ignored, until I decide otherwise, all posts to this subforum will have to be approved by me personally.

If your post contains a personal attack, it will not be approved.

If your post contains a faked quote by another user, it will not be approved.

If you post content that represents a bannable offense, I'll approve your post so that everyone can see what a jerk you are, and then I'll kick your ass off the forum.

When a post is not approved, it is not retrievable, so I advise all of you to keep a copy of whatever you intend to post.

Post reviews and approvals will be whenever I have time and that will be infrequently.

If you post content relating to the subject matter of this subforum elsewhere on this board, your posts will be removed and you will lose posting privileges.

Don't bother accusing me of changing the content of your posts. I don't give that much of a damn.

Good night.
I've warned about moderator bias earlier and now I'm going to have to bring the issue up again. I will not be a part of a forum in which there isn't fairness to all. And so specifically, when I complained about the above:
, I was told that it wasn't against the rules. Now when I resort to the same tactic, it becomes an issue all of a sudden.

And so I have to repeat: I will not be a part of a forum in which the moderator shows that sort of unfair bias.

This, and all the other ideas Pyrrho came up with above can and should be discussed for the good of the forum. Or it can be brushed off with an excuse of me acting in a contemptible way toward the moderator, and thus the punishment the mod sees fit for my contempt.

Pyrrho, were you drunk last night when you came up with those ideas? Can't you at least put in the amount of time it takes to moderate this sub forum so that the bad behavior stops? You've quite aware of who started it all, and my pleas to have it stopped.

Thanks for letting me know, one way or the other. Like you, I don't give much of a damn anymore. Good afternoon!

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Re: Moderating This Sub Forum

Post by Nessie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Faking quotes is one of the denier propaganda tactics. Just as denier propaganda tries to promote the belief people were cooked like lobsters or that one small grave of skeletons is the sum total of mass graves at Sobibor.

I think it is correct to have snipped some denier propaganda. This forum is supposed to be about discussing the evidence, that has been recently emphasised by the forum title change and so far, bugger all evidence has been presented by the denier side.
Audiophile, motorbiker and sceptic.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:37 pm

Nailed it.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Coupled to the you know whats, this other gnawing obsession with moderation of his is a result of having experienced a bit too much of the Been Theres?

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Nessie wrote:Faking quotes is one of the denier propaganda tactics. Just as denier propaganda tries to promote the belief people were cooked like lobsters or that one small grave of skeletons is the sum total of mass graves at Sobibor.

I think it is correct to have snipped some denier propaganda. This forum is supposed to be about discussing the evidence, that has been recently emphasised by the forum title change and so far, bugger all evidence has been presented by the denier side.
Glad you took the opportunity to post on this thread. The issue in not the holocaust here and whether or not it happened. it's clearly about the bias the moderator is demonstrating toward me and the side I represent. I offer no proof other than what you can clearly observe for yourself.

pyrrho must have known it was coming because I have remarked on it with him before. Espressly, the issue of wrongly quoting others. He brushed it off as not against the rules before but when I resort to the same tactic, all of a sudden it becomes an issue.

I want to see this forum become something a lot better than the childish spamming by those of your side of the debate. And I've also commented to you that you could have been a part of making it better. But you ignored my request.
If the objective of your side is to not have anybody present who doesn't buy into the party line then I'm helping to fulfill your requests. Perhaps a forum where everyone is in agreement with the bullsh-t is what you desire and so if I'm 'outed' from the forum then VFX will likely go with me. We've discussed the possibility in private. You and the mod can either buck up or you can fill your boots. My preference is for fixing this clusterfuk but as I've said, I don't really give a damn.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:48 pm

montgomery wrote:. . . when I complained about the above:
, I was told that it wasn't against the rules. Now when I resort to the same tactic, it becomes an issue all of a sudden.
Dishonesty and dissembling are not issues here, though: it's a denier modus operandi, and permitted: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29735&start=240#p666456
montgomery wrote:And so I have to repeat: I will not be a part of a forum
That's cool. Really. Pout, pout.
montgomery wrote:I don't give much of a damn anymore. Good afternoon!
Funny, you seem to give a damn.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:50 pm

montgomery wrote:pyrrho must have known it was coming because I have remarked on it with him before. Espressly, the issue of wrongly quoting others. He brushed it off as not against the rules before but when I resort to the same tactic, all of a sudden it becomes an issue.
Pyrrho took absolutely no action against you, so stop pretending to be a victim. Pyrrho warned each and every one of us.

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Post by Nessie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm

montgomery wrote:.... I offer no proof...
OK. Forgive me for not believing you then.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
montgomery wrote:. . . when I complained about the above:
Dishonesty and dissembling are not issues here, though: it's a denier modus operandi, and permitted: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29735&start=240#p666456
montgomery wrote:And so I have to repeat: I will not be a part of a forum
That's cool. Really. Pout, pout.
montgomery wrote:I don't give much of a damn anymore. Good afternoon!
Funny, you seem to give a damn.
If you want to enjoy your forum without any opposition then you might get your wish. I suspect that all you have to do is ask! Anyway, if we have to bid each other adieu then it's been a real slice. Smell you late on Rodoh maybe? Or maybe here? We'll see!

If nothing else, it will clinch the case for the unfair and biased banning of members which has gone on in the past!

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Post by Nessie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:56 pm

montgomery wrote:.....

If nothing else, it will clinch the case for the unfair and biased banning of members which has gone on in the past!
Unevidenced claim. I do not believe you.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm

montgomery wrote:If you want to enjoy your forum without any opposition then you might get your wish.
You think of yourself as opposition? I think of you as old noise in a new vessel. I would prefer this place to be able to focus on the meaning and experience of the painful history of the Third Reich than to be a pretext for posting old, long-refuted propaganda.
montgomery wrote:the unfair and biased banning of members which has gone on in the past!
Or did you come here nursing a grievance? I don't know of any unfair, biased banning of members in the past. You must think you do.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm

He's right, all my posts were on a moderated before publishing status when I first logged in this morning. Sheesh and Holiest of Moliests I was not able to thank anyone for a post either.

What's more, one of my posts was disallowed for being, 'mildly abusive.'

With this level of, 'flouncing out,' and drama I expect Mr Montgomery will be back with VFX before too long.

Worst luck.

That was quick, I thought you said he'd buggered off Stat Mech?

"Ya mean he needz da attention or, or, or?"

'Yes Captain or?

'He dies....'

"I'm afraid so Mr. Agknewnot."

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Its soap opera.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Drama! Pyrrho got tired of the lot of us and told us where to stick it, and this one plays the victim!!!!!

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Well if he wants to climb up on his cross and cry for how deniers suffer, let him take that part.

I wish he'd make up his mind though, split or quit or stay or go, It would be quite nice to think that I didn't have to read anymore of his awful posts because people keep quoting him. But live and let live, so long as he plays fair..which he doesn't though, does he?
Last edited by Darren Wilshak on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Drama! Pyrrho got tired of the lot of us and told us where to stick it, and this one plays the victim!!!!!
Yes, I am claiming to be the victim. I was rudely put off when I complained about quoting others wrongly but now that I've done it and you've likely complained about it to pyrrho, he decides to move on it. Or at least did until this morning. But that was all the evidence I considered necessary to bring the issue to a head.

If you want a forum in which nobody disagrees then you're on your way to getting your wish. Do I care?

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Is that the blood of his unimaginable suffering dripping through the cordon sanitaire placed above?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm

montgomery wrote:
Statistical Mechanic wrote:Drama! Pyrrho got tired of the lot of us and told us where to stick it, and this one plays the victim!!!!!
Yes, I am claiming to be the victim. I was rudely put off when I complained about quoting others wrongly but now that I've done it and you've likely complained about it to pyrrho, he decides to move on it. Or at least did until this morning. But that was all the evidence I considered necessary to bring the issue to a head.

If you want a forum in which nobody disagrees then you're on your way to getting your wish. Do I care?
I don't really care. Do U?

If I sought to engage the low-level, semi-ignorant trolling you offer, along with your sidekick, I'd be posting at Rodoh along with you lot there.

Anyway, you're a victim - of Pyrrho having warned all of us weeks ago not to alter quoted text and then telling "everyone" last night not to do it ... in the future. I didn't see him mention your name. But you're sure aware that you did it.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Post by Nessie » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Monty, we were ALL subject to moderation this morning.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:57 pm

montgomery wrote:Pyrrho wrote:
Because my warnings and requests have been ignored, until I decide otherwise, all posts to this subforum will have to be approved by me personally.

If your post contains a personal attack, it will not be approved.

If you post content that represents a bannable offense, I'll approve your post so that everyone can see what a jerk you are, and then I'll kick your ass off the forum.

When a post is not approved, it is not retrievable, so I advise all of you to keep a copy of whatever you intend to post.

Post reviews and approvals will be whenever I have time and that will be infrequently.

If you post content relating to the subject matter of this subforum elsewhere on this board, your posts will be removed and you will lose posting privileges.

Don't bother accusing me of changing the content of your posts. I don't give that much of a damn.

Good night.
I've warned about moderator bias earlier and now I'm going to have to bring the issue up again. I will not be a part of a forum in which there isn't fairness to all. And so specifically, when I complained about the above:

And so I have to repeat: I will not be a part of a forum in which the moderator shows that sort of unfair bias.

This, and all the other ideas Pyrrho came up with above can and should be discussed for the good of the forum. Or it can be brushed off with an excuse of me acting in a contemptible way toward the moderator, and thus the punishment the mod sees fit for my contempt.

Pyrrho, were you drunk last night when you came up with those ideas? Can't you at least put in the amount of time it takes to moderate this sub forum so that the bad behavior stops? You've quite aware of who started it all, and my pleas to have it stopped.

Thanks for letting me know, one way or the other. Like you, I don't give much of a damn anymore. Good afternoon!
I don't take orders from you.

I am under no obligation to censor people you don't like.

As previously noted, there is bound to be a certain level of insult trading on any forum, especially in a subforum like this that is devoted to discussion of a subject that is bound to cause emotional reactions in people.

Fairness means recognizing and accepting that people are going to be people. I've seen other forums where moderating became a bureaucratic nightmare and I choose to avoid that nonsense. It is far too easy to play censor.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Addendum: Use the ignore function. That's why it's there; so you can hide content that offends your personal viewing pleasure, to the extent that is possible using that function.

If you won't take that simple step why should I be obliged to help you.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:30 am

Pyrrho wrote:Use the ignore function.
:thumbsup: I have eighteen people on ignore. It's wonderful! My blood pressure is down 10 points. 8-)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:48 am

If I put people on ignore, I will miss opportunities to expose their ignorance and insult them. I have put exactly one person on ignore in my time here (David) and I think I regret it in hindsight because he dropped some GEMS in the time he was invisible to me.

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Post by Balsamo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 am

Pyrrho wrote:Addendum: Use the ignore function. That's why it's there; so you can hide content that offends your personal viewing pleasure, to the extent that is possible using that function.

If you won't take that simple step why should I be obliged to help you.
Is there an ignore function on this forum?
There was one on Rodoh, but where the hell is this option here? How does it work?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:06 am

Click on user's name.
On the page that comes up you will see
Username:____ Groups:
Add friend
Add foe

Click "foe"

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:46 am

Jeff_36 wrote:If I put people on ignore, I will miss opportunities to expose their ignorance and insult them. I have put exactly one person on ignore in my time here (David) and I think I regret it in hindsight because he dropped some GEMS in the time he was invisible to me.
Be quiet about that. Let them try it and learn the hard way. Or ask stat.mech how it worked out for him before he came back from the dark side with his tail between his legs.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:28 am

montgomery wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:If I put people on ignore, I will miss opportunities to expose their ignorance and insult them. I have put exactly one person on ignore in my time here (David) and I think I regret it in hindsight because he dropped some GEMS in the time he was invisible to me.
Be quiet about that. Let them try it and learn the hard way. Or ask stat.mech how it worked out for him before he came back from the dark side with his tail between his legs.
Stamech has been wiping the floor with your dumb ass, what the hell are you on about? Literally this has been one of the most one sided debates I have seen in my time here. If it were a prize fight it would be a TKO due to doctor's stoppage between the second and third rounds.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Post by Darren Wilshak » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am

The delusion is strong in this one Captain. He's right Montgomery, it hasn't exactly been a famous victory for you but you had a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IP-2Ck-wak

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am

For crying out loud!!!! I enjoy reading this bit of our cosy world, although I don't have the knowledge to take part very often, Couldn't we possibly have all of the rules of general civilisation applied, as they are - quite intelligently and fairly - to all of the other parts of the forum to this one too? I don't give a {!#%@} about any denier coming here and arguing the toss - but one who has plainly come to throw as much crap as possible into the works and then claim discrimination is painfully boring. I know what's happening - you lot have wiped the floor with every other denier so you're treating montgomery as a performing monkey. But it's going nowhere - he's simply going to come back with all the usual discredited BS which has been debunked a million times before because he's as thick as two short planks.
He is being allowed to monopolise this entire section. Please do something.

Nessie
Veteran Poster

Post by Nessie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 am

The only time I have put anyone on ignore it was Gerdes and his various sock puppets repeatedly asking the same NAFCASH challenge questions again and again. Otherwise, I skim read as I do not want to miss the gems!

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Poodle wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am
For crying out loud!!!! I enjoy reading this bit of our cosy world, although I don't have the knowledge to take part very often, Couldn't we possibly have all of the rules of general civilisation applied, as they are - quite intelligently and fairly - to all of the other parts of the forum to this one too? I don't give a {!#%@} about any denier coming here and arguing the toss - but one who has plainly come to throw as much crap as possible into the works and then claim discrimination is painfully boring. I know what's happening - you lot have wiped the floor with every other denier so you're treating montgomery as a performing monkey. But it's going nowhere - he's simply going to come back with all the usual discredited BS which has been debunked a million times before because he's as thick as two short planks.
You're the perfect candidate for this section of the forum if you really don't know much about the holocaust. Even though you have clearly stated that your mind is already made up. Unfortunately all that don't know much about the holocaust have already made up their minds to support the legend.

I would suggest you enter the discussion with an open mind and you will learn the facts quite quickly. You'll soon find that nearly all of the eye witnesses are tarnished with lies connected to their names.

It's easy to insult me from your position of your own declaree ignorance, but can you come into the discussion and stand your ground with civil and appropriate debate?

As to me monopolizing this section of the forum. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't be allowed to hold up my end of the debate with posts that don't come even close to equalling the posts of the other side? Are you suggesting that I shouldn't be allowed?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Poodle wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am
Even tho occasionally they are howlers, them monkeys generally are chimps in these here parts. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm

This thread was started to address a serious issue that involved the moderation of this forum. Let it go eggs or stick to the topic or I'll ask for it to be either locked or deleted.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:54 pm

montgomery wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 pm
This thread was started to address a serious issue that involved the moderation of this forum. Let it go eggs or stick to the topic or I'll ask for it to be either locked or deleted.
You were asked repeatedly to stop your name calling and not only have you ignored my request, you have rather intensified your unappreciated effort. Shall we ask for your account to be locked or deleted?

ETA Just in case your addled brain forgot: I clearly requested you use my full handle no less than three times in the recent past.

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:54 pm
montgomery wrote:
You were asked repeatedly to stop your name calling and not only have you ignored my request, you have rather intensified your unappreciated effort. Shall we ask for your account to be locked or deleted?

ETA Just in case your addled brain forgot: I clearly requested you use my full handle no less than three times in the recent past.
Is telling me that my brain is addled a good way to ask me to not call you eggs? Do you want to make a deal in which you and I will both be happy eggs? Just let me know.

In the meantime, I'll only use this thread to discuss moderating. And that likely won't even happen because it never should have become a public attraction. It should have been kept private for everyone's benefit.

We need this thread locked.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 pm

montgomery wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
montgomery wrote:

Is telling me that my brain is addled a good way to ask me to not call you eggs? Do you want to make a deal in which you and I will both be happy eggs? Just let me know.

In the meantime, I'll only use this thread to discuss moderating. And that likely won't even happen because it never should have become a public attraction. It should have been kept private for everyone's benefit.

How many of you are there?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 pm
He's usually taller!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 pm

Gord wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
He's usually taller!
That was many feet ago!

montgomery
BANNED

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
montgomery wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
montgomery wrote:

That's misquoting me again but I won't report it.

So you want me to continue to call you eggs? I will as long as you keep up the personal attacks. And the bright side of that is your personal attacks are meaningless to me but you being called 'eggs' is making you a bit crazy.

This conversation is over. There's no reason for me to complain about anything.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:16 am

There's nothing missing in that quote. Stop lying.