The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Re: Stuff We Can Talk About: Lies and Exaggerations

Postby Balmoral95 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Actually just Fred. Fred Arthur Leuchter.

Who, until he got tangled up with Nazi arschlosche*, went thru his life pronouncing it as "Lootcher".

Gives a whole new meaning to changing a name for "business purposes".

* Interesting he did that thru a connection in the Tennessee corrections department.... and little Hunt comes from a family with corrections department background.... Makes one wonder how many of these "white professionals" harbor certain other thoughts about society whilst "rehabilitating" the recalcitrant.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:18 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:So, I guess it’s back to our regularly scheduled program...

Um, what was that program?

Talking about stuff instead of trying to coax Montgomery out of his shell.

Oh I think the guy was well and truly out of his shell after about 2 posts here.

What's with his drama queen act, wanting to be banned? People don't get banned from this forum for inept and boring trolling, do they?
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:47 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Balmoral95 wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:So, I guess it’s back to our regularly scheduled program...

Um, what was that program?

Talking about stuff instead of trying to coax Montgomery out of his shell.

Oh I think the guy was well and truly out of his shell after about 2 posts here.

What's with his drama queen act, wanting to be banned? People don't get banned from this forum for inept and boring trolling, do they?

Apparently he wants to be. It’ll give him the dramatic exit he craves.
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 pm

You've all been frantically obsessing about me and what I've said for two days now, without me even commenting. I think that maybe I should give you all a day or two more to settle down and get yourselves past the personal insults stage and into quietly stewing in your own juices?

The one thing I've noticed is consistent with all of you is that you're madly craving to hear some holocaust denial. Is this topic your entire lives? I think it may have something to do with paranoia over fear of hearing something that doesn't suit your respective agendas. You all need yourselves a holocaust denier.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:11 pm

montgomery wrote:You've all been frantically obsessing about me and what I've said for two days now, without me even commenting. I think that maybe I should give you all a day or two more to settle down and get yourselves past the personal insults stage and into quietly stewing in your own juices?

The one thing I've noticed is consistent with all of you is that you're madly craving to hear some holocaust denial. Is this topic your entire lives? I think it may have something to do with paranoia over fear of hearing something that doesn't suit your respective agendas. You all need yourselves a holocaust denier.

Either stay and have an adult conversation or leave.

I don’t particularly care if you are a denier or not. If you have questions, ask them. Want to have a conversation? Have one. Feel free to give me your views on anything over the time period and we will discuss them.

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
montgomery wrote:You've all been frantically obsessing about me and what I've said for two days now, without me even commenting. I think that maybe I should give you all a day or two more to settle down and get yourselves past the personal insults stage and into quietly stewing in your own juices?

Either stay and have an adult conversation or leave.

I'll be the one to decide. I already sense that you haven't calmed down enough yet and so there's no hope of any progress. But if you feel that you want to make a contribution to the 'lies and exaggerations' which is the topic of this thread, please do in a civil way.

I don’t particularly care if you are a denier or not. If you have questions, ask them. Want to have a conversation? Have one. Feel free to give me your views on anything over the time period and we will discuss them.

You've all totally obsessed with the possibility of me being a denier. Do you really think you can hide that after two days of being left on your own. Fix your own behavior problem at least. When you do that then maybe we can have a sane discussion on separating the wheat from the chaff.

I don't hold out any hope for the others so they can go howl at the moon as far as I'm concerned.

Have a nice day!

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Here is what I’m going to do.
When I have some time I will finish the video montgomery posted. I don’t find it particularly timely considering Weber’s current position on the Holocaust but there are members who pop in and out on occasion and it might come up. If nothing else it will give me a chance to post things here.

Feel free to join in. This includes all members. If montgomery decides to reply, fine. If he doesn’t that’s cool with me.

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:Here is what I’m going to do.
When I have some time I will finish the video montgomery posted. I don’t find it particularly timely considering Weber’s current position on the Holocaust but there are members who pop in and out on occasion and it might come up. If nothing else it will give me a chance to post things here.

Feel free to join in. This includes all members. If montgomery decides to reply, fine. If he doesn’t that’s cool with me.

Thank you and much better. I didn't watch the whole video myself. I chose it because Weber spoke directly to the issue of 'lies and exaggerations'. I suggested his 20 minute spiel that started at 1 hour, 3 minutes. If you have an interest of discussing all of those issues with me on what Weber mentioned, then please do. And of course, anything else you would like to bring to my attention in the video, either out of Shermer's mouth or Weber's.

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:04 pm

JeffK, this is where I expect the others to come barging in with their petty childish insults, screeching and howling at the moon over their paranoid suspicions of we two being able to carry on a conversation. (that's meant to embarrass them into keeping their cakeholes shut for a while)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 pm

You're being awfully kind and grown-up with that armchair psychologist. Hope it'll fruitfully work out for ya. :-D

Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:53 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

You're being awfully kind and grown-up with that armchair psychologist. Hope it'll fruitfully work out for ya. :-D

I have a a great deal of patience, I am a father to two boys.

:D

I think if we can dispense with the BS we can actually have a productive conversation.

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:05 pm

scrambled eggs:You're being awfully kind and grown-up with that armchair psychologist. Hope it'll fruitfully work out for ya. :-D

See JeffK, I can't even embarrass these clowns into stopping the personal attacks! This one jumps right back in with both feet. This is a clear indication of the paranoia I've stirred up in them. They're all desperately craving a littlel bit of holocaust denial.

Is there any chance of you taking a position against that kind of spamming?

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:06 pm

montgomery wrote:
scrambled eggs:You're being awfully kind and grown-up with that armchair psychologist. Hope it'll fruitfully work out for ya. :-D

See JeffK, I can't even embarrass these clowns into stopping the personal attacks! This one jumps right back in with both feet. This is a clear indication of the paranoia I've stirred up in them. They're all desperately craving a littlel bit of holocaust denial. Paranoia and fear written in large letters!

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:07 pm

montgomery wrote:

See JeffK, I can't even embarrass these clowns into stopping the personal attacks! This one jumps right back in with both feet. This is a clear indication of the paranoia I've stirred up in them. They're all desperately craving a littlel bit of holocaust denial.

OK, everyone, stop spamming.
Better?

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 pm

In any case, I haven’t finished the video. I will do so. In the meantime feel free to give your own thoughts.

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:10 pm

On that note I’ve got to get back to work.

“NKVD.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:11 pm

montgomery wrote:
montgomery wrote:

See JeffK, I can't even embarrass these clowns into stopping the personal attacks! This one jumps right back in with both feet. This is a clear indication of the paranoia I've stirred up in them. They're all desperately craving a littlel bit of holocaust denial. Paranoia and fear written in large letters!

OK, I will. Stop spamming. Cut out the nonsense and to the chase. Say something of substance.

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
montgomery wrote:
montgomery wrote:

OK, I will. Stop spamming. Cut out the nonsense and to the chase. Say something of substance.

Be patient and stop asking for some holocaust denial. As I mentioned before, this section of the forum would be more appropriately called, 'holocaust discussion'. Maybe that would help the holocaust promotion side to calm down a bit. JeffK and I already have some issues on the table concerning the Weber/Shermer debate. If you have any interest in discussing some of the lies and exaggerations that were mentioned by Weber, please watch the video. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Do you have any disagreement with Weber's conclusions on what were lies and what were exaggerations?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 am

montgomery wrote:...Be patient and stop asking for some holocaust denial...

Stop trolling and "psychoanalyzing".

Jeffk, nickterry, Aaron Richards, Nessie etc. engaged you, isn't that enough?

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:35 am

scrmbldggs wrote:

Do you have any disagreement with Weber's conclusions on what were lies and what were exaggerations?

I'm not trolling or psychoanalzing. Stop the personal attacks. Say something to show you're more than just an empty bottle like D-H and balmoral.

Do you have any reason to be behaving childish toward me? I haven't even challenged you yet. Is it trolling when somebody comes on this section of the forum and doesn't start personal attacks against the regulars?

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:37 am

montgomery wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

I'm not trolling or psychoanalzing. Stop the personal attacks. Say something to show you're more than just an empty bottle like D-H and balmoral.

Do you have any reason to be behaving childish toward me? I haven't even challenged you yet. Is it trolling when somebody comes on this section of the forum and doesn't start personal attacks against the regulars? If you can't behave any better than that, you'll be ignored the same as I'm ignoring D-H and balmoral when they act childish.

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:52 am

JeffK, I've taken the time to watch Shermer's final 20 minutes. It's a complete trainwreck! Now I know why you said you didn't hate Shermer, your man in the debate. You may not hate him but you sure the hell don't like how he actually became more of a denier himself by the end of it.

As I suggested, Shermer is a very smart man and he conducted himself in a respectable way in that debate. He refused to exaggerate and lie. He could only be accused of leading the discussion astray with his insistence that methods, numbers, details etc. didn't matter in the bigger picture.

I think that Shermer must have repeated 10 times that the stories need work, and I have to agree with Shermer on that.

I'll leave the criticism of Weber to you and the others. I'm interested in hearing whether or not they can control themselves or they have to start screaming, 'is not, is not, is so, is so, liar, ghoul, denier, nazi sympathizer, and so on and so on.

Maybe the two of us need to discover some other debate in which you won't have to say you 'don't hate the H supporter side before you even hear it?

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:57 am

We can stay with the video for now. I haven’t finished it.

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:35 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:We can stay with the video for now. I haven’t finished it.

I can save you the trouble because you won't like it. It may even make you hate Shermer for real this time. Your criticism of Weber is what I'm waiting for. But you can do a number on Shermer too for all I care. Judging from the last 20 minutes of him, he could have been a denier all along.

I'm sticking with it for quite a while yet!

Unless one of you have a better debate to which they can refer us? I'm getting a feeling that it doesn't get debated anymore.

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:41 am

montgomery wrote:

I can save you the trouble because you won't like it. It may even make you hate Shermer for real this time. Your criticism of Weber is what I'm waiting for. But you can do a number on Shermer too for all I care. Judging from the last 20 minutes of him, he could have been a denier all along. Shermer even summons up the gypsies as suffering equally with the Jews. He then even gets into talking about other holocausts!

Unless one of you have a better debate to which they can refer us? I'm getting a feeling that it doesn't get debated anymore.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:57 am

montgomery wrote:

I can save you the trouble because you won't like it. It may even make you hate Shermer for real this time. Your criticism of Weber is what I'm waiting for. But you can do a number on Shermer too for all I care. Judging from the last 20 minutes of him, he could have been a denier all along.

I gave my criticism in the other thread.

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:58 am

“NKVD.”

montgomery
Regular Poster

Postby montgomery » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I'll wait until you finish watching the debate to hear your criticisms of Weber.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:32 am

Alright, worked my way through some more of the video.

Much griping and moaning about the ADL and some about Holocaust denial laws.

Weber also brings up gassings at other camps like Mauthausen and Dachau. I’ve mentioned this before but these camps were ordinary concentration camps. They never figured into the Final Solution.

Weber brings up gas chambers at Auschwitz I, the reconstructed gas chamber. It’s long been established that was a reconstruction but that doesn’t mean it’s a fake. Leuchter made something of an issue about this but it’s known that after the crematorium was decommissioned it was converted into an air raid shelter. The Soviets attempted to reconstruct it but made mistakes.

Back at it...

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:41 am

Weber pumping up what deniers have done for history..

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:44 am

I don’t depend on the ADL for anything, much less for history.

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 am

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:47 am

34 French dudes said something about gas chambers, blah, blah...

“NKVD.”

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:50 am

The audience is actually polite.

“NKVD.”

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:21 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:The audience is actually polite.

Been my experience most 50-70 ish middle class, white housewives from that era were. In the '90's half were probably featured on "Cops".

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:37 am

Jeffk, in 2010 Roberto Muehlenkamp and Andy Mathis appeared in a (semi)debate with "Thomas Dalton," on Kevin Barrett's radio program, on American Free Radio. I don't know if the audio is still online; at HC Roberto Muehlenkamp posted follow-up discussion (search HC for "Dalton"). Following the "debate," the chimps at Rodoh went into hand-wringing mode, their version of asking "who lost China?", complaining about various aspects of the debate, replaying what "Dalton" should have said, and like that.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:53 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Jeffk, in 2010 Roberto Muehlenkamp and Andy Mathis appeared in a (semi)debate with "Thomas Dalton," on Kevin Barrett's radio program, on American Free Radio. I don't know if the audio is still online; at HC Roberto Muehlenkamp posted follow-up discussion (search HC for "Dalton"). Following the "debate," the chimps at Rodoh went into hand-wringing mode, their version of asking "who lost China?", complaining about various aspects of the debate, replaying what "Dalton" should have said, and like that.

You may as well recall there was an attempt by Terry, et al to organize a debate ca. 2012(?) which was ultimately declined by the opposition....

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:19 am

Yes, good point, I was one of the liaisons with the "Denier team," whose leader was/is in fact an extremely thoughtful person, easy to get on with. He was unable to secure participants from the denier side (at the time he was involved heavily with Inconvenient History, which he'd helped found IIRC) - and, shortly after this debacle, came to the realization that denial was not only a dead end, but that it flew in the face of the evidence which he was seeing (unlike most deniers, he sought out sources, with an open mind) and was untenable. He published a piece later explaining that he "certainly recognized an anti-Semitic presence among the majority of deniers" and that
as my knowledge of historical methods grew (I majored in history at undergraduate) and as I became more familiar with current research on the Holocaust, as well as the evidence used by historians to support their interpretations, the more uncomfortable I felt about my revisionist stance.

After learning to separate the wheat from the chaff and as I became increasingly convinced that the revisionist position was deeply flawed, I expressed doubts about my own past positions, first in private an then in public.

The HC White Paper on Einsatz Reinhard grew out of this abortive attempt at debate, that particular denier side having failed to "show up."
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:05 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Jeffk, in 2010 Roberto Muehlenkamp and Andy Mathis appeared in a (semi)debate with "Thomas Dalton," on Kevin Barrett's radio program, on American Free Radio. I don't know if the audio is still online; at HC Roberto Muehlenkamp posted follow-up discussion (search HC for "Dalton"). Following the "debate," the chimps at Rodoh went into hand-wringing mode, their version of asking "who lost China?", complaining about various aspects of the debate, replaying what "Dalton" should have said, and like that.

Thanks, I remember that one now.

“NKVD.”

Return to “Holocaust Denial”