codoh's very own borjastick gets TOLD at a dinner table (and admits he's never been to Auschwitz)

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Aaron Richards
Poster

codoh's very own borjastick gets TOLD at a dinner table (and admits he's never been to Auschwitz)

Postby Aaron Richards » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 am

This is too funny:

link

A man who claims to have "researched the holocaust for 15 years" quietly admits in the cesspit that he's never even been to Auschwitz. Just an armchair 'historian', a couch potato offering opinions from...wherever he is located.

Apparently in our emasculated world these days, an inebriated adult touching another adult's arm and yanking it a little downward, making him sit down again, is considered assault. Or maybe our borjastick, female profile pic and all, is a sensitive princess in real life as well. :lol:
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents", where I fight back the sea of antisemitism & conspiracy theories that has taken over its comment section: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... Un5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Re: codoh's very own borjastick gets TOLD at a dinner table (and admits he's never been to Auschwitz)

Postby Balmoral95 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:41 pm

In vino veritas :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: codoh's very own borjastick gets TOLD at a dinner table (and admits he's never been to Auschwitz)

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:08 pm

When I was looking into Majdanek, I planned a trip to Lublin to tour the camp - my wife felt it might be a good not a bad thing for me to be away for a bit. I asked a historian friend who'd spent time at Majdanek about logistics and how to approach a research visit. My friend counseled me to save my money and time - saying that I knew already from afar more about Majdanek than I'd learn from a tour - and that I'd be unlikely to learn answers to open questions I had by being there. I have no idea if my colleague was right, but I never made the trip. I am 100% sure, OTOH, that borjastick would not improve his knowledge of these matters by spending weeks at Auschwitz.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:21 pm

That is a goal of mine, travel to Poland and visit the sites we talk about so much. It will need the wait for retirement.
I am planning a trip to Washington D.C. sometime in 2020. I haven’t been since I was a young lad many years ago. One of the things I plan to visit is the Holocaust Memorial Museum.

CODOH is a lot fun. I need to visit.
When my son had his barmitzvah, and his wedding, there was no family whatsoever -that’s the way the second and third generation feel the Holocaust, they miss their family. My son hasn’t experienced a family life –having uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers. There is just that hole.
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:44 pm

I think (spouse willing) that I'll be visiting Sachsenhausen in August. Definitely Wannsee House, maybe Sachsenhausen. Camps and research centers, not everyone's idea of vacation time!
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I think (spouse willing) that I'll be visiting Sachsenhausen in August. Definitely Wannsee House, maybe Sachsenhausen. Camps and research centers, not everyone's idea of vacation time!

Sounds like a great trip to me!!!! :D

I need to wait on all that.
When my son had his barmitzvah, and his wedding, there was no family whatsoever -that’s the way the second and third generation feel the Holocaust, they miss their family. My son hasn’t experienced a family life –having uncles, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers. There is just that hole.
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Balsamo
Frequent Poster

Postby Balsamo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I think (spouse willing) that I'll be visiting Sachsenhausen in August. Definitely Wannsee House, maybe Sachsenhausen. Camps and research centers, not everyone's idea of vacation time!

Coming from someone who chose to spend Xmas like a Polar Bear in places even avoided by Santa, this trip is definitely an improvement.

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Postby Oozy_Substance » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:06 pm

I am more irked about the notion of Israel close of creating a WWIII. I am also rather irked about the common notion that Israel was founded on the Holocaust. It is very far from truth. The Holocaust was a catalyst for Israel accepting global recognition, but it was not the basis for its foundation. The first Israeli town was established before Hitler was even born.

Sergey_Romanov
Regular Poster

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Visiting the place helps but not a prerequisite to anything - I visited only this May, so what?

And this "I visited the camp, saw the crematorium, you should visit before denying" non sequitur is ubiquitous, should really stop. Visiting the camps doesn't necessarily make one more knowledgeable or prove the Holocaust.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm

I just want to see the places I read about but you are right, it isn’t a prerequisite.
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Hans
Poster

Postby Hans » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:56 pm

also try Topographie des Terrors, in the former Prinz-Albrecht-Straße and RSHA complex. Captions and explanation text are in English if you haven't mastered German until then. ;)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Balsamo wrote:

Coming from someone who chose to spend Xmas like a Polar Bear in places even avoided by Santa, this trip is definitely an improvement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It starts in Berlin - and ends up . . . you know where!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Sergey_Romanov wrote:Visiting the place helps but not a prerequisite to anything - I visited only this May, so what?

And this "I visited the camp, saw the crematorium, you should visit before denying" non sequitur is ubiquitous, should really stop. Visiting the camps doesn't necessarily make one more knowledgeable or prove the Holocaust.

In graduation school I studied the labor movement in Jacksonian America and then labor and progressive groups during the New Deal. I had to make due without site visits. I never saw the River Rouge Ford plant, nor the Goodyear plant in Akron. When I was in college, I used to drive alongside a relic canal in NY state to get to Vermont, but there were no barges and no draft horses present any longer.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Sergey_Romanov wrote:Visiting the place helps but not a prerequisite to anything - I visited only this May, so what?

In graduation school I studied the labor movement in Jacksonian America and then labor and progressive groups during the New Deal. I had to make due without site visits. I never saw the River Rouge Ford plant, nor the Goodyear plant in Akron. When I was in college, I used to drive alongside a relic canal in NY state to get to Vermont, but there were no barges and no draft horses present any longer.

Agreed with both you and SR.... and imho, forget about Sachsehausen-- been there, done that: not worth the time.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:15 am

Maybe Wannsee House and Topography of Terror; I think my wife would like these two visits as well, she was glad that we visited the Shoah Museum in Paris, she likes going to events at the local Holocaust museum, and she's been to the USHMM (I haven't). OTOH we won't be in Berlin very long and want to see the city . . .

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:34 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Maybe Wannsee House and Topography of Terror; I think my wife would like these two visits as well, she was glad that we visited the Shoah Museum in Paris, she likes going to events at the local Holocaust museum, and she's been to the USHMM (I haven't). OTOH we won't be in Berlin very long and want to see the city . . .

Definitely better choices over a KZ...

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 am

Meanwhile, back to the OP in which Mr. Stick states:

"They simply don't want to know another version, they shut out all external noise on the matter."

So he's now characterizing revisionist arguments as "external noise". Fair enough. Some people have in past accused him of being "stupid"... It's really not that. It's just that he's terribly confused when he's awake.

Aaron Richards
Poster

Postby Aaron Richards » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:42 am

Balmoral95 wrote:So he's now characterizing revisionist arguments as "external noise". Fair enough. Some people have in past accused him of being "stupid"... It's really not that. It's just that he's terribly confused when he's awake.

Excellent catch. We might have just witnessed borjastick's freudian slip.

Don't really agree with Sergey and Balmoral95 on the off-site expertise issue. Sometimes you have to visit the places yourself to clear certain doubts off your mind, especially ones that involve terrain features or are geographical in nature. When I was in Auschwitz in late 2016 I made the mistake of being part of a guided tour instead of spending the day there by myself - the tour skips over several important locations like Krema IV, V, the ruins of the white house and surrounding area, the delousing chambers are completely omitted etc. But I still spent more than six hours at the camps, definitely have to return there.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents", where I fight back the sea of antisemitism & conspiracy theories that has taken over its comment section: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... Un5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 pm

On a related tack - Whilst at Lessons & Legacies in 2012 I saw a demonstration of visualization tools, from the Holocaust geographies project. The presentation focused on two aspects of Auschwitz: the death marches and internal camp layout. The death march material was superb (Simone Gigliotti) - the simulations went far beyond what one can "see" in text or via attempts to traipse along routes taken in the marches, if anyone's done that. On the internal aspects of the camp (Paul Jaskot), the digital reproductions utilized various SS records, construction department documents, Zentralbauleitung drawings, contemporary photos, testimonies, etc. The simulations depicted features year by year and were shown in 3D: by layering reconstructions through time, the project represented visually when construction of buildings exploded, which point hit home much harder via the visuals than simply from text. The presentation took up what victims and perpetrators could/couldn’t see around Birkenau - and the presenters made clear that what is present today is not the same as, say, what was present in 1942.

I agree with Balmoral and myself (!) - and Sergey - I like both points that Sergey made in his first sentence: "Visiting the place helps but not a prerequisite to anything." The scale, time aspect, and number of data points ("other camps" for starters) help make a short camp visit a nice to have, but not an essential. How many camps can one visit, how does visiting Auschwitz "show" someone the death marches, etc? Paul Jaskot: “I am the one who knows every building and when they were built, and sometimes it’s just too much, I just can’t get it all, and the visualization helps and shows us what we couldn’t get to.”

There are different ways to learn about history, of course. I'm not making a point against site visits - after all, I made a plan to visit Majdanek, even though I didn't wind up going there - just that borjastick's not having visited Auschwitz doesn't make my list of borjastick's deficits in this area.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergey_Romanov
Regular Poster

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm

The visit to Au helped me to "get" the spatial circumstances of the complex - something you don't get from mere maps. But it was not necessary for knowing what the camp was about. It's not a precondition to stating one's opinion on the camp.

PS: Buchenwald was sorta kinda "not worth the time", but since I was in Weimar anyway, why not?

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Its a cheap holiday in other people's misery.

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:20 pm

Darren Wilshak wrote:Its a cheap holiday in other people's misery.

Cheaper still if one just sits in the carpark and swills suds :lol:

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 pm

That fact has not escaped me. Traynor on TOur...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Wasn't "you've never even been to Auschwitz" [insert name of camp] one of the refrains of deniers at Rodoh1.0?

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes, that was one of the weirder and less logical gambits that they throw around. Makes them feel more secure and on solid ground when they start claiming to be authorities if they can say that they've been on a cheap holiday in other peoples misery and you haven't so how can you know...

I was wondering if all this crap happened to Sticky at a wife-swapping party...

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:22 pm

I’ve never been to Spain....but I live in Oklahoma!!!!

https://youtu.be/Ff8N2iC4oB8
Edith Baneth
Savage Continent

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Darren Wilshak wrote:Yes, that was one of the weirder and less logical gambits that they throw around. Makes them feel more secure and on solid ground when they start claiming to be authorities if they can say that they've been on a cheap holiday in other peoples misery and you haven't so how can you know...

I was wondering if all this crap happened to Sticky at a wife-swapping party...

Gmta! :lol:

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:Wasn't "you've never even been to Auschwitz" [insert name of camp] one of the refrains of deniers at Rodoh1.0?

LGR was always spouting this nonsense.

Darren Wilshak
Regular Poster

Postby Darren Wilshak » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:44 am

Borjastick is just a big whiny expat kid really. He said something about Israel so I said. Oooh I'll scratch yer eyes out...

Yawn, I mean I know this sort of crap is codoh's daily bread along with their ridiculous pep talks about how one or another of them has succeeded in converting a fourteen year old child to being an HD like them, well we know that no one wants to be the only {!#%@} in {!#%@} city and they need recruits and all but do we have to really care a feeeg who takes exception to Mr Sticky and his pomposity? Maybe he will learn a valuable lesson about his mouth and irascible drunks though.

I wonder if with Brexit whether we'll be landed with him in the UK again. I seem to recall PSD was quite abusive to him and then he went whining off under Hannover's joup and jackboots about how nasty rodoh was to him and that was that.

Poor old sticky.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:10 am

Darren Wilshak wrote:I was wondering if all this crap happened to Sticky at a wife-swapping party...

LOL

Balmoral95
Frequent Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:17 am

Darren Wilshak wrote:Borjastick is just a big whiny expat kid really. He said something about Israel so I said. Oooh I'll scratch yer eyes out...

Yawn, I mean I know this sort of crap is codoh's daily bread along with their ridiculous pep talks about how one or another of them has succeeded in converting a fourteen year old child to being an HD like them, well we know that no one wants to be the only {!#%@} in {!#%@} city and they need recruits and all but do we have to really care a feeeg who takes exception to Mr Sticky and his pomposity? Maybe he will learn a valuable lesson about his mouth and irascible drunks though.

I wonder if with Brexit whether we'll be landed with him in the UK again. I seem to recall PSD was quite abusive to him and then he went whining off under Hannover's joup and jackboots about how nasty rodoh was to him and that was that.

Poor old sticky.

Leaving aside obstreperous drunk of the story, who brings this {!#%@} up at a dinner table as conversational (in front of an obstreperous drunk)... except another one....

Return to “Holocaust Denial”