SK 1005

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

SK 1005

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 pm

I can’t find a specific topic on this so I decided to make one.

We have the various articles on SK 1005 from Holocaust Controversies:

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com/search?q=SK1005&m=1

There might be more.

I thought of this today while reading Arad. He wrote about an escape from the Ninth Fort by members of SK 1005 on Christmas Night, 1943. There were 64 prisoners detailed to destroy evidence around the Ninth Fort Massacres, four non-Jewish. All 64 escaped, they planned this around the holiday with the knowledge that many of the guards would be drunk.

The Germans caught most of them, 19 managed to reach the nearby Ghetto. Some of the escapees later left to join the partisans.

The intriguing part is this. The Lithuanian SiPO sent a report that stated:

“On the night of December 25, 1943, there was an escape from the fort of prisoners from enterprise 1005b. The escape was not felt at first, and when it was, there was an immediate manhunt for the escapees. So far, we have managed to catch 37 of the escapees, 5 of whom were shot trying to escape.”

It footnotes back to TSGA, Fond 44, Opis, Delo 61.

I didn’t see this in any HC article.

I thought I’d throw this out there and see if there was more information.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: SK 1005

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 pm

"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Thanks, I glanced through trying to find it and didn’t see it. I couldn’t remember reading about it.
‘I have not left anybody in the dark about the fact that this time, millions of adult men would not die, and hundreds of thousands of women and children would not be burnt or bombed to death in the cities, without the actual culprit, albeit by more humane means, having to pay for his guilt.’
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I can’t find a specific topic on this so I decided to make one.

There might be more.

I thought of this today while reading Arad. He wrote about an escape from the Ninth Fort by members of SK 1005 on Christmas Night, 1943. There were 64 prisoners detailed to destroy evidence around the Ninth Fort Massacres, four non-Jewish. All 64 escaped, they planned this around the holiday with the knowledge that many of the guards would be drunk.

The Germans caught most of them, 19 managed to reach the nearby Ghetto. Some of the escapees later left to join the partisans.

“On the night of January 25, 1943, there was an escape from the fort of prisoners from enterprise 1005b. The escape was not felt at first, and when it was, there was an immediate manhunt for the escapees. So far, we have managed to catch 37 of the escapees, 5 of whom were shot trying to escape.”

Yes, we mentioned this document, but in German with links to the English version
https://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot ... s-and.html

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm

nickterry wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I can’t find a specific topic on this so I decided to make one.

There might be more.

“On the night of January 25, 1943, there was an escape from the fort of prisoners from enterprise 1005b. The escape was not felt at first, and when it was, there was an immediate manhunt for the escapees. So far, we have managed to catch 37 of the escapees, 5 of whom were shot trying to escape.”

Yes, we mentioned this document, but in German with links to the English version
https://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot ... s-and.html

Thank you, I scanned through what you guys had and missed it.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:28 pm

I believe that the Sipo message said "On the night of December 25, 1943" - not January. Faitelson reproduces the text of the message in English (p 257), as Sergey Romanov says.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:I believe that the Sipo message said "On the night of December 25, 1943" - not January. Faitelson reproduces the text of the message in English (p 257), as Sergey Romanov says.

Crap, typo.....
I was reading when they sent it (January) and typed that by mistake.
I’ll fix, thanks.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:34 pm

LOL it threw me when I re-read your post . . . the first time I read it, I went right past it! I was once had a job as a proofreader - I was so bad that one book I proofread had the copyright year off by 12 years - and I missed it :)

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Sergey's blog quoted the 'on the night of 25 December' document in German

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 pm

LOL

Yeah, when I typed that out I was holding the book open, I wanted to make sure I got it right. That didn’t work out....
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 pm

just an aside, Sergey's blog piece is really terrific on this; he makes use of Faitelson and much more - Faitelson is nice in that he includes a number of documents with explanation, but I really find Sergey's piece on this to present and explain the sources, with a nice slap at Mattogno, most fully

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm

I thought this might give us a good place to park info about it, it’s sort of scattered all over the forum. As HC updates we can post that here.
Adolf Hitler
Final Will and Testament

BRoI
Poster

Postby BRoI » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 pm

Faitelson also published some sketches drawn an hour before the escape:

I looked into a bizarre claim he makes. Turned out he'd misrepresented his source:

In the concentration camp at Stutthof, there were corpse-burners who cooked potatoes on the flames while living people were burning together with the naked corpses.

- Alex Faitelson, Heroism & Bravery in Lithuania 1941-1945, Jerusalem: Gefen, 1996, p.270.

Faitelson's source for this is a 1965 Russian edition of Rapport fra Stutthof (Report from Stutthof) by Danish communist Martin Nielsen, first published in 1947.

Rudolf fra Kolding fortalte mig senere:
"Vi var jo alle afstumpede og forhærdede, og vore Hjerner nægtede at fatte, hvad vi saa. Men jeg ved ikke, hvad der gjorde stærkest Indtryk paa mig, om det var at se de polske og russiske Fanger stikke deres Kogegrejer ind i Ilden, naar Baalet var ved at brænde ned, for at koge deres organiserede Kartofler, eller om det var, da jeg en Dag opdagede, at der var levende Mennesker mellem de nøgne Lig paa Baalet."

[Translation:]

Rudolf from Kolding told me later:
"We were all callous and hardened, you see, and our brains refused to believe what we saw. But I do not know what made the strongest impression on me, whether it was to see the Polish and Russian prisoners poking their cooking utensils into the fire when the pyre was about to burn down, to boil their organised potatoes, or whether it was my discovery one day that there were living people [lying] between the naked corpses on the pyre."

["organised", KL slang for pilfering or small-scale blackmarketeering]

- Martin Nielsen, Rapport fra Stutthof, Copenhagen: Gyldendal, 1969, p.26.
"I believe that when the history of the [Great] war comes to be impartially written, the two greatest results will be the establishment of the national Jewish home and the creation of the League of Nations. The two are not really disconnected. They represent the two great ideas for which we fought and by which we conquered—the ideas of nationalism and internationalism."
- Robert Cecil, 1st Viscount Cecil of Chelwood, March 1923.

Return to “Holocaust Denial”