Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Memory Lapse

Postby Balmoral95 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Re: Memory Lapse

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Good to see that only 4% of US citizens are deniers....or maybe not, who the {!#%@} are these people? Did they call saggy like a hundred times??

Seriously, though, the fact is most people think it is important to learn about it in school. That’s encouraging.
A joke going around Moscow during The Great Terror:

The NKVD knocks on a door.
The inhabitants ask who it is.
“NKVD.”
“You’ve got the wrong apartment. The Communists are upstairs.”

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:44 pm

On reflection, given the parlous state of American historical education in general and how the Holocaust is taught in particular, I shouldn't be surprised.

>> "at the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, near Chicago, visitors can speak with one of seven holograms of survivors"

Driving to downtown Chicago yesterday I saw large billboards advertising the holograms, as well as advertisements for them on buses.
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Postby Balmoral95 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:On reflection, given the parlous state of American historical education in general and how the Holocaust is taught in particular, I shouldn't be surprised.

>> "at the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, near Chicago, visitors can speak with one of seven holograms of survivors"

Driving to downtown Chicago yesterday I saw large billboards advertising the holograms, as well as advertisements for them on buses.

Not too sure what the Philly museum is talking about as to Philly Treblinka survivors. I've only ever been cognizant of two who claimed to have been at Treblinka and I'm pretty sure both are deceased.

Return to “Holocaust, Genocide, and Mass Violence”