New Anti Denier video on Youtube

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Aaron Richards
Poster

New Anti Denier video on Youtube

Postby Aaron Richards » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:47 pm

It's called "Debunking The Holocaust Denial Documentary Judea Declares War on Germany" and made by the youtuber Myles Power with 55k subscribers - so definitely one of the bigger fish in the pond.

This is good, because he has a reach none of us have as individuals or even combined (except for Sergey etc. posting here from HC). Combating denial with videos on YT is imo far more effective and the equivalent of doing a public service, than endless threads on forums. Don't mind me, just trying to express my happiness that more anti-denier videos with a large target audience are being posted on YT, that's all. Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w68gDfCbyBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycsHUrCM9Q0

Could he have done a better job? Yes. Should you look a gift horse in the mouth? NO.

What I like about the video is that it has 17k and 10k views respectively (which seems modest right now but keep in mind the vids are only 5 weeks old), and the like/dislike bar is solid and nice to look at. The comments are NOT disabled either, which is great, but the icing on the cake is that the comment section is a minority of deniers vs a majority of people ridiculing them. That's nice, for a change.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Holocaust Documents", where I fight back the sea of antisemitism & conspiracy theories that has taken over its comment section: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... Un5jIhWm7g
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 8K Posts

Re: New Anti Denier video on Youtube

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Now, Aaron, we like the endless discussion.....
:lol:
“Today I saw one of those places, saw it in all of its horror, all its filth, all its death.”
Soldier entering the Ohrdruf Concentration Camp.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Myles Power:
For those of you who are just tuning in, my name is Myles Power and I run the educational YouTube channel powerm1985. I am originally from a small town in the North East of England called Middlesbrough, but have spent a large potion of my adult life living in Manchester. I am a chemist who is is currently working in industry, but what little free time I have I spend sharing my love of SCIENCE! through home experiments, visiting sites of scientific interest and angry rants at pseudoscience proponents. I have many years of experience working in a research lab, which has given me the skills I need to research and debunk various psuedoscience theories. Some of the theories I have discussed on my YouTube channel includes AIDS denialists, 911 truthers, the anti-vaccination movement and homeopathy to name a few. I also am one of the founding members of the podcast The League of Nerds, which I co-host with James from The History of Infection.

Power reported a month ago that his first anti-HD video was flagged for hate content and removed at one point:
Unfortunately, the video has been flagged for what seems to be "hate speech", and it is now no longer viewable in most countries. I am working on getting the video back, but until I do, the 2nd part is going to be delayed indefinitely.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:15 am

I can confirm what Myles has said, Sergey and I have point out some of the errors that exist in his videos to him and he plans to make a correction video.
« I want people to experience exactly what it meant to enter a gas chamber at Auschwitz, I want them to walk down the stairs into the chamber, to stand before the ovens and see that this was insane and criminal. I want it to be a slap in the face. You can’t create memory, but you can create an experience that is as powerful as memory. »
- Jean Claude Pressac

Sergey_Romanov
Poster

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:09 am

Beyond the more trivial things, his claims of 100k victims of the Au1 GC and the notion that the stable PB compound would have dissolved under the elements.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:52 pm

LOL I thought the videos were surprisingly good for a non-historian's effort but am glad to see mention of the 100,000 Krema I victims (which kind of skewed his subsequent remarks on the scope of the mass murder at Birkenau) - I sort of dozed off for the chemistry, now finding it odd that a chemist would blow that

My main reaction was, Who is this guy, who went to the time and effort to do this? Too bad he's done with it . . . I thought of emailing him with a few nits to pick, but won't, as you guys have.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Yeah, he just recently posted an update saying he's a bit Ill. He shared one of my videos I made pointing out some of the errors.
« I want people to experience exactly what it meant to enter a gas chamber at Auschwitz, I want them to walk down the stairs into the chamber, to stand before the ovens and see that this was insane and criminal. I want it to be a slap in the face. You can’t create memory, but you can create an experience that is as powerful as memory. »
- Jean Claude Pressac

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 pm

link?

I'd love to see him keep going.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:link?

I'd love to see him keep going.

https://twitter.com/powerm1985/status/969964908073881602
- Jean Claude Pressac

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:02 pm

thanks, ah Twitter, I was searching his YouTube page . . . LOL

Return to “Holocaust Denial”