What's going on in Poland?

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Hywel Rudy Day

What's going on in Poland?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am

This is really scary. I apologize if there's already a thread on this issue. I just got the memo this morning.

I don't like to stereotype, but I know too many anti-Semitic Poles to make me trust any official attempts to regulate what can be said about the Holocaust. Of course, I didn't like it when Canada forbade Holocaust denial, because I don't want to give the deniers any chance to claim they are persecuted. (They do, anyway, of course.) So I'd be against government regulation in this area anywhere, but especially in Poland.
"When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted, either by what you wish to believe, or by what you think would have beneficent social effects if it were believed. But look only, and solely, at what are the facts."

Bertrand Russell, Advice to Future Generations

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: What's going on in Poland?

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 am

INCE started this thread a week or so ago: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29058
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:INCE started this thread a week or so ago: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29058

Thanks. And never mind, to all who took the trouble to read my post.
"When you are studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself only what are the facts and what is the truth that the facts bear out. Never let yourself be diverted, either by what you wish to believe, or by what you think would have beneficent social effects if it were believed. But look only, and solely, at what are the facts."

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:14 pm

LOL - INCE was on the case!
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Deleted. (Moved to the other thread on this issue.)

Return to “Holocaust Denial”