What's going on in Poland?

Discussions
Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

What's going on in Poland?

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am

This is really scary. I apologize if there's already a thread on this issue. I just got the memo this morning.

I don't like to stereotype, but I know too many anti-Semitic Poles to make me trust any official attempts to regulate what can be said about the Holocaust. Of course, I didn't like it when Canada forbade Holocaust denial, because I don't want to give the deniers any chance to claim they are persecuted. (They do, anyway, of course.) So I'd be against government regulation in this area anywhere, but especially in Poland.
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: What's going on in Poland?

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 am

INCE started this thread a week or so ago: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29058
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:INCE started this thread a week or so ago: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29058

Thanks. And never mind, to all who took the trouble to read my post.
"Still, doubts gnawed at everyone. And under no circumstances could I acknowledge my own similar doubts. In order to coax the participants into psychic stability, I had to appear to be rock-solidly convinced of the necessity of carrying out this horrifyingly cruel command."

Rudolf Höß, hanged facing Auschwitz, the camp he commanded, in April 1947. He admitted to 1.1 to 1.5 million murders carried out under his command. Eichmann told him the number was 2.5 million.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:14 pm

LOL - INCE was on the case!
"It was still at the stage of clubs and fists, hurrah, tala"

Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Deleted. (Moved to the other thread on this issue.)

Return to “Holocaust, Genocide, and Mass Violence”