YouTube does not tolerate debunking Holocaust deniers

Holocaust denial and related subjects.
Aaron Richards
Poster

YouTube does not tolerate debunking Holocaust deniers

Postby Aaron Richards » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 am

A victory for revisionism?

As some of you might know, for the past few months I have been running a small channel on youtube called "Holocaust Documents".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... subscriber

The goal of that channel is to belong to the very, very, VERY few channels on YouTube that dedicate themselves to combating the tide of lies and deceit that has been running amok on that website for the past few years - a website that is pretty much the #1 source of video entertainment for several billion people.

Specifically anti-holocaust denier videos are few and far between, strewn here and there among the myriad of WW2 and holocaust related content on that website. As you know, for every video that tries to dissect and expose the lies of holocaust denial, there's 20 or so videos that say it is a hoax - and for everyone of them them that gets taken down, another pops up elsewhere as a mirror/re-upload.

One of my channel's videos, "How David Irving Thinks the Holocaust Happened", blew up a few weeks or so ago to a reasonable 10,000 views, after which point I received a notification that the video violates YouTube community guidelines and has had some of its features disabled (such as comments, like/dislike bar, view-count). Otherwise however, it continued to remain viewable. In that video, I had cut David Irving's three-hour 2009 interview down to the final hour or so where he states his current, revised views on the holocaust, which includes accepting gassings in Birkenau (bizzarely, only in the small red and white house according to him) as well as accepting the murderous Einsatzgruppen, and Aktion Reinhard camps being terminal stops for over 1.274 million Jews. The POINT of that video was to poke fun at holocaust deniers, how their beloved Irving has turned his back on most of their positions. But as stated earlier, that video continues to be viewable, despite the imposed limitations.

Now, despite my channel being a small channel, despite having less than a few hundred or so views on my other videos, the other day I got a notification that another one of my educational videos, a small 19 second clip that shows Hitler saying in the Reichstag that if Jews start another world war this will result in the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe (according to me, an important video since it is one of the many pieces of evidence of his complicity in the holocaust) what happens? It gets taken down for "violating youtube community guidelines". So I appealed (you only have like a 500 character limit for the appeal and can't even cite extensive reasons), saying it is a historical video uploaded for educational purposes to combat holocaust denial, that my channel is one of the few on the site that fights deniers.

What happens?

The appeal is declined. And furthermore, several videos in which I present former holocaust deniers having revised their denial-positions (my video on Eric Hunt debating Fritz Berg, the one on David Cole talking about homicidal gassing in Natzweiler-Struthof, the one where a Yad Vashem professor holds a lecture on the subject of denial and evidence), have ALL gotten the same treatment, the day after I filed the appeal: age-restriction, view count disabled, rating disabled, comments disabled, but viewable.

I've also gotten a misleading youtube e-mail saying each of these mentioned videos "has been blocked from view on the following YouTube country site(s):

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, Estonia, France, United Kingdom, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Martinique, New Caledonia, Netherlands, French Polynesia, Poland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Reunion, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, French Southern Territories, Wallis and Futuna, Mayotte"

However, I live in one of these countries and can still watch the video, even when I open another browser where I am not signed into google/youtube, so they're still viewable in these countries, and in the edit video section of my channel I don't see any notification that they have been banned in the list of countries as mentioned in the e-mail I got from YT. Weird...

Still, what remains is that a LOT of my video all got flagged / comments disabled / views disabled pretty much the day after my appeal of the one video that was deleted by YT (and remains deleted). I shouldn't even have bothered to alert YT's attention to my channel, right? Sigh...

Now - what to make of all this?

Theory A) Race realist, antisemitic, white nationalist members have infiltrated the Youtube content reviewing board, and, the moment their attention was drawn to my channel due to the appeal I sent, happily restricted several of my anti-denial videos on the same day, while denier videos continue to be one youtube search away, and have none of these restrictions till they disappear one day and are re-uploaded again.

Theory B) Butthurt holocaust deniers have flagged/reported all those videos of mine that upset their feelings (especially the ones where several of their former denier heroes have been exposed as having partially come back to their senses), and this flagging/reporting has BLINDLY convinced some BOTS or underpaid, outsourced Indian workers in a server farm somewhere in Chennai to immediately comply and flag them, not bright enough to realize the purpose of my videos compared to deniers'.

Bottom line is: BRAVO Youtube, for making life easy for deniers to keep spreading their message while letting out your dogs of war on those that try to fight them. :roll:

Sorry, I needed to vent.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Oozy_Substance
Poster

Re: YouTube does not tolerate debunking Holocaust deniers

Postby Oozy_Substance » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:47 am

I did not get to see much of your Youtube channel, but I really like your blog and I assume the Youtube channel is of the same quality.

Keep on the good work and don't give up, get these videos back online.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Postby Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 am

I went to the Irving video with the idea of sending YouTube-Google-Alphabet a complaint about their partial censoring of the video. Damned if I can twig how to do that. There is a way to complain about the video but not about YouTube's behavior.

The wisdom of crowds: perhaps deniers ganged up on examples of effective debunking, clustering "community complaints," and YouTube's review/complaint process is basically numbers, not content, driven? Your theory B.
You know, my dear Colonel General, I don't really believe that the Russians will attack at all. It's all an enormous bluff. - Heinrich Himmler to Heinz Guderian, December 1944

nickterry
Regular Poster

Postby nickterry » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 am

It would seem likely that deniers are submitting complaints. However, you should be absolutely scrupulous in making sure that your videos conform to 'fair use' copyright standards. Educational purposes isn't a magic wand of an explanation. When appealing complaints/takedowns, make sure to ask which guidelines are being violated. Be very clear that you are being anti-racist not racist, to test out theory A.

Also, monitor comments threads as you probably already are - the disabling of comments may potentially be provoked if some monitor sees racist comments. But that might not explain why so many denier videos and other videos are spammed with filth that is left untouched. Just a thought.

You can of course try taking a leaf out of the deniers' playbook and set up a new channel under a new name with the same videos, just to see what happens.

Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby Jeffk 1970 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Theory B) Butthurt holocaust deniers have flagged/reported all those videos of mine that upset their feelings (especially the ones where several of their former denier heroes have been exposed as having partially come back to their senses), and this flagging/reporting has BLINDLY convinced some BOTS or underpaid, outsourced Indian workers in a server farm somewhere in Chennai to immediately comply and flag them, not bright enough to realize the purpose of my videos compared to deniers'.

My opinion but probably this one.

It is funny, some of the denier videos I used to randomly bag on had this happen, I found it funny. Sorry it happened to you, though. YouTube became really strict about this, someone I subscribed to that had nothing to do with HD had their channel flagged and they lost their appeal. Good luck, let us know if you post them again, I’m interested in what you have.
Don’t make me come down there!!!!
-God

iwh
Poster

Postby iwh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 pm

I had the same problem at Amazon. I got blocked from Amazon US and Amazon UK. I couldn't see any obvious reason why other than complaints from deniers.
For a debunking of new boy on the block John Wear see:

https://wearswarts.wordpress.com

Kleon_I XYZ Contagion
Poster

Postby Kleon_I XYZ Contagion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Just an idea:
You should reach out any (or many) of these publications and outlets, or even bloggers, that deal with antisemitism or wider Jews-related subjects and tell them your story.

Im_Not_Creative_Enough
Poster

Postby Im_Not_Creative_Enough » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Achtung, die Juden know!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Aaron Richards wrote:A victory for revisionism?

As some of you might know, for the past few months I have been running a small channel on youtube called "Holocaust Documents".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBlSX ... subscriber

I have learned that over my year of uploading content you just want to be careful what you copy from. News networks are normally best to avoid and the creation of original content for the refutation of deniers is preferred by the YouTube bots. Do also mind that YouTube must conform to local laws, so they block all videos related to holocaust denial in countries where it is illegal to deny the holocaust, it seems common sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbhe0LGNnk
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Youtube's policies and the way they implement those policies are notoriously bad. Thunderf00t has this video labelled "not advertiser friendly" because it had the word "naked" in the title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTe1wom4q8

He says, "In this case I appealed the 'not advertiser friendly' and it was won in about 24 hours. Interesting this happened with the last WDPLAC video. Odd thing there was, a few days later it was listed as 'not advertiser friendly'. I appealed it AGAIN, but this time lost. Sigh......"

In another case, he had a video demonetised, then he appealed it and won, then it was demonetised again, and he appealed it a second time and lost. It makes no sense; apparently people can keep complaining about videos until someone judges against you, and then there's no appeal left for you to follow.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:24 am

Here's another guy wondering what youtube is doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzb8U0Bje5A

Lindybeige makes videos about tanks and medieval weapons and ancient wars, stuff like that. Channels similar to his (and also his!) have been completely demonetised or even completely removed from public viewing, without warning and without explanation. Apparently youtube uses algorithms to select whether or not videos are "naughty", and then without having to undergo review by human eyes, those videos (or those channels) are basically punished for stupid reasons. Imagine the randomness that can come when an artificial intelligence can come up with under normal circumstances, then mix in a situation where it is allowed to make decisions based on subjective data.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Sergey_Romanov
Poster

Postby Sergey_Romanov » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 am

Black Mirror mini ;)

Do your videos have intros in big fat letters that you're an anti-denier etc. or are you simply relying on common sense of a viewer? In the latter case you lose.

Aaron Richards
Poster

Postby Aaron Richards » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

Sergey_Romanov wrote:Do your videos have intros in big fat letters that you're an anti-denier etc. or are you simply relying on common sense of a viewer? In the latter case you lose.

I do clarify in the video descriptions, apparently they're tl;dr for algorithms. :roll: It's funny though, because the official codoh channel on YT is still up and running, and most of their videos are not flagged.
"...we had the duty towards our Volk (the German people) to kill this Volk (the Jewish people) that wanted to kill us." - Himmler in his 1943 Posen speech reminding any future holocaust denier how absurd their beliefs really are.
I compile rebuttals to popular holocaust denier canards here: http://imgur.com/a/725A7

Denying-History
Frequent Poster

Postby Denying-History » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:03 am

Aaron Richards wrote:
Sergey_Romanov wrote:Do your videos have intros in big fat letters that you're an anti-denier etc. or are you simply relying on common sense of a viewer? In the latter case you lose.

I do clarify in the video descriptions, apparently they're tl;dr for algorithms. :roll: It's funny though, because the official codoh channel on YT is still up and running, and most of their videos are not flagged.

Depends heavily on if you are reusing content. This is what youtubes bots look for.

It's best to use short 10-15 second clips.
« Lies written in ink cannot disguise facts written in blood. »
- Lu Xun

Return to “Holocaust Denial”